Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Which Battlers that have DISAPPOINTED YOU the Most?

Old 08-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #1
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Which Battlers that have DISAPPOINTED YOU the Most?

Which battlers have you had high hopes for but they let you down?

For me:

Qleen Paper:
This dude has it all; bars, comedy, originality ect. When i first started watching this dude i knew he was going to be a problem. He was fucking up everyone in the proving grounds and i was ready for him to start destroying some of the bigger names. But, apparently something happened and this dude stopped giving a fuck. When this dude is on he is one of the best, when he doesn't try its pretty painful, and disappointing.

Real Talk:
I saw him first when GT upstate was doing their thing, and Dirt was on a rampage. I peeped a few battles of his and realized he was unique, and was bringing something new to the table. Real Talk has bars, and could rap well so i saw a bright and competitive future for him. After seeing him catch a few easy upstate bodies I started riding for him on the forums, watching his battles, and what not. Unfortunately this dude made me look like a dumb ass. After countless times of sticking up for him and giving him a chance , i had to stop. This dude LITERALLY chokes in 90% of his battles. Even if he doesn't choke, he always forgets his bars and resorts to some shitty freestyle. I remember one week he had 3 battles drop and he was braggin on RM about how he was the mvp for the week. He didn't take into consideration that he choked in every single battle that was dropped. Thats when i officially stopped watching his battles, you would have to have a prescription to Prozac to be a Real Talk fan

Last edited by mike rigs; 08-02-2013 at 12:23 AM.
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
larry word
have no constraints

Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
larry word is not the worst person
detective blacksmith
farnum
Old 08-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #3
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Gotta be Warbux debut in KOTD Vancouver a few years ago.

Was expecting so much.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:30 AM   #4
Dark Magic

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Dark Magic is not the worst person
Fucking Dizaster.
Dark Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #5
Haze Skunk
Trinidad nice

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Haze Skunk is a PY Poster
QP, YK. Diz, math, ars, pass,JJD, yung ill
Haze Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #6
AdarOne
shoots fair ones

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
ill agree with real talk

for me has to be 100 bulletz...dude improved a lot for the grand prix's, thought he was definitely going to improve towards someone i could anticipate watching for. Really though he hasn't continued to improve. While he did improve for the GP's, i havent seen much since that i cared about. Over doing the associated wordplay, the whole making a list of things than rapping them together has gotten old. Plus as far as his gun bars go i just cant get into them...his persona and image dont match...if rone and twist rapped gun bars id feel the same. MMA bars would make more sense.
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:37 AM   #7
TheHipHopSpot

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
TheHipHopSpot is a PY Poster
loe pesci. i seen him battle dna and was impressed. every other battle ive seen him in is hard to watch.
TheHipHopSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:38 AM   #8
AdarOne
shoots fair ones

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
for sure^^^
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:40 AM   #9
StabYourself
Seasoned Fan

Mentioned: 337 Post(s)
StabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Dizaster. I used to hate that fuckin guy, especially after he robbed Reverse Live(I still think this). Then he battled A-Class, Nocando and Swave, and I was like, fuck, he's the dude. I even liked his older shit more after that and looked forward to seeing him battle. I was disappointed when the Cortez and DNA battles didnt go down when they were supposed to, because I wanted to see him tear them to shreds while he was still on his shit. The DNA battle obviously ended up being a classic, but he did alot to diminish his stature in my mind. I'm still entertained by him for sure, but imagine if that Cortez battle happened when it was supposed to. That shit would have been CRAZY heated. Definitely looking forward to seeing the Rex footage, and if he comes as hard as he says hes gonna vs Arsonal, i think he'll ride that momentum and come just as hard vs Aye Verb and give us the classic Dizaster shit we've all been waiting to see.

http://973-eht-namuh-973.com/
StabYourself is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #10
Trill Murray

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Trill Murray is not the worst person
b magic
Trill Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:50 AM   #11
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
step easy is super good but whenever its important or its his chance to prove himself he flops..

if wins gp itll be redemption
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:52 AM   #12
Coolstoryhoe

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Coolstoryhoe probably likes in here/hair word play
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Magic View Post
Fucking Dizaster.
easily this
Coolstoryhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:54 AM   #13
el gordo
part time head turner..

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
el gordo is not the worst person
Math Hoffa. He was decent then had a string of shitty battles .. he then had that jjdd battle that peaked my interest again.. and disappoontment again shortly after
el gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:56 AM   #14
el gordo
part time head turner..

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
el gordo is not the worst person
Oh and shitty horroh .. he was so promising
el gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #15
Soda Popinski
Bitches Love Soda

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Soda Popinski is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
Qleen Paper
^^^^^
Old 08-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #16
StabYourself
Seasoned Fan

Mentioned: 337 Post(s)
StabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by el gordo View Post
Oh and shitty horroh .. he was so promising
i never thought he was worth the thought tbh

http://973-eht-namuh-973.com/
StabYourself is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:01 AM   #17
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Exclamation

As far as last battle goes? Iron Solomon. He had bars but had no idea how to control the crowd... he started off tight with that "Pulitzer Prize (pull it, surprise) and then bullet your eyes" line but then it was downhil from there. He got beat by a basic Murda Mook breakdown... That shouldn't happen.

Qleen Paper
qp Sons

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:04 AM   #18
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Dizaster, because I can't predict when he is actually going to try in a battle.

Oh, so he's going for the KOTD chain? He'll try. Blowfish.

Oh, he's defending the KOTD chain? He'll try. Single angle, and one hot line.

Oh, he's getting booked to perform in a different country? He'll try. Pure freestyle lol

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:24 AM   #19
JesusOfRap
Автомат Калашникова 47

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
JesusOfRap is a PY Poster
Mook, Iron, Canibus based on one performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QPSONS View Post
GTN + kotd = fuck smack
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
god damn man QP never ceases to entertain. always has multiple moments/lines per battle where I have to just pause the vid and punch something. So ill

Last edited by SpecialOh; Today at 03:29 AM. Reason: (:lol:)
JesusOfRap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:25 AM   #20
whitebait
Handgun w/the rubber grip

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
whitebait is a PY Poster
Caustic - Took a string of shitty battles then fucks up his shot against JC, before saying he is basically worn out and isn't interested in battling anymore. At least he gets involved via the DBD show
whitebait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:26 AM   #21
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
Dizaster , nocando , loe Pesci
Old 08-02-2013, 01:42 AM   #22
Toronto
rip bambam

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Toronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Bigg K - after his Half Past 7 battle i thought he was gonna run through the battle scene but he has a debateable with Rosenberg Raw, then kills Reverse Live and has a mediocre performance against Shotgun Suge and Real Deal. but i still rock with him regardless of how much he chokes.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #23
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
math for having so many battles and being bad in more than he was good. Tony D for choking against Real Deal.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #24
DNA's Missing Tooth

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
DNA's Missing Tooth is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
step easy is super good but whenever its important or its his chance to prove himself he flops..

if wins gp itll be redemption

First time I saw him was vs Tricky P in the 2012 GP, and I was definitely impressed (had never heard of him before). He usually has really solid writing, but his performance is almost never completely there, and like you said, flops at the biggest opportunities.

I'm really pulling for him in the GP this year.
DNA's Missing Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:54 AM   #25
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Dizaster. He has all the ability, all the personality, but far too much ego. It hampers him in ac sickening way. Arsonal has the same problem.

Star Almighty. Haven't seen the guy in years it seems. So much potential

Brixxx Belvedere. He's literally the best in the SONS (or was until Deadman joined) so little upward movement.

Tsu Surf. For all of his apparent intelligence, he keeps at it with these rinse repeat gun rap performances. He's so much better than that.

Young Ill. I don't know whether it's drugs or not, but that and his particular lack of motivation are disheartening considering how good he is.

I think that's it.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:57 AM   #26
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Mentioned: 371 Post(s)
uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
pass
qleen
rose raw
bill collector
tut i suppose
Old 08-02-2013, 01:57 AM   #27
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
oh and yea caustic , his first 3 battles on kotd were clean bodies , had huge momentum

he faded backwards
Old 08-02-2013, 02:00 AM   #28
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAintRight View Post
Dizaster. He has all the ability, all the personality, but far too much ego. It hampers him in ac sickening way. Arsonal has the same problem.
I think their problem is actually that 80% of what they write is terrible and sounds like it's constructed by a fat 11 year old who needs jokes to gain favour with his class of delinquents. "I'll drop kick your dead uncle with your dead grandmas shoes"-Arsonal attempting personal bars
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:02 AM   #29
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
I think their problem is actually that 80% of what they write is terrible and sounds like it's constructed by a fat 11 year old who needs jokes to gain favour with his class of delinquents. "I'll drop kick your dead uncle with your dead grandmas shoes"-Arsonal attempting personal bars

Take this rep.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #30
NickkaJ
I'm Technical

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
NickkaJ is a PY Poster
Diz is the most disappointing RAPPER of all time....

Behind him i would say is.. Illmaculate awesome battler but just comes up short when it matters the most

I don't respond to quotes
NickkaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:23 AM   #31
WillyRotel

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
WillyRotel is a PY Poster
young kannon
remy d
yung ill
moe dirdee
detour
WillyRotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:25 AM   #32
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

moe dirdee lmfaooo
Old 08-02-2013, 02:25 AM   #33
JesusOfRap
Автомат Калашникова 47

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
JesusOfRap is a PY Poster
dizaster didnt disappoint me he just fell off . He has many replayable battles and maybe a few highlights against trex. He might be able to recover, even thesaurus had a shitty streak in which he was almost retired and hes back up to his potential
Quote:
Originally Posted by QPSONS View Post
GTN + kotd = fuck smack
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
god damn man QP never ceases to entertain. always has multiple moments/lines per battle where I have to just pause the vid and punch something. So ill

Last edited by SpecialOh; Today at 03:29 AM. Reason: (:lol:)
JesusOfRap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:49 AM   #34
rocky
Contributor

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
Warbux
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:06 AM   #35
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Rappers (and people in general) can only disappoint you if you rush to put them on a pedestal. When I first got into battling, I made the mistake of thinking everyone with potential would always live up to it. Now I know better than to go so invested to the point where certain battlers disappoint me.

Last edited by Gopher D'Gusto; 08-02-2013 at 03:59 AM.
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:39 AM   #36
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 562 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
agreed with @Gopher D'Gusto

Like dizaster for example, imo, he hasn't really changed much, and if anything, he's gotten better

In most cases, I think it's people's opinions changing rather than the person
Keep the the left field stuff ➡️here⬅️, plz & thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekelon View Post
Well thanks, I don't know how long this will last, but if you let me post I won't let you down...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
also the Venn diagram of people who wanna hear me use venn diagrams to explain things and people who care what I have to say, is nearly a perfect circle so I dunno what's what anymore....
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:07 AM   #37
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Qleen P in terms of potential but his rise was as fast as his fall so I wouldn't say he "disapointed me"

Now jjdd tho!- this muthafucka got me feelin dum as a bitch
can't lie-I fell for it,the whole shit:the build-up from the gtga shit (Lotta rematch Syah battle etcc)leading to the Magic & Moneybagz battles, got on the stage did the Bill battle and was like um.??...and after that-well yu kno...
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:00 AM   #38
Water Mage

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
DIZASTER

HUGELY dissapointed in his battle vs. Cortez. Diz's vlogs were so promising and he just didn't deliver the goods that battle...

if Diz doesn't tear rex a new asshole or spazz on Arsonal Im done with Diz 4 good
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #39
Laugh N' Stalk
Butt Sweat Brett

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Laugh N' Stalk is better than Grind Time AustraliaLaugh N' Stalk is better than Grind Time Australia
Nocando. He's shown what he can do if he cares/tries. His last few battles showed he did neither. Granted nocan at a 6 can still beat alot of dudes at a 9, he just didn't put in effort towards the end.

@DrLaughNStalk on Twitter
Laugh N' Stalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:15 AM   #40
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 562 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebait View Post
Caustic - Took a string of shitty battles then fucks up his shot against JC, before saying he is basically worn out and isn't interested in battling anymore. At least he gets involved via the DBD show
Wait, caustic battled jjdd (status > JC, imo), and while he lost (also, imo), he made it competitive (most people on here think he won), and it was a good battle for what it was supposed to be

I'm not a caustic fan, at all, but he def hasn't fell off... U have good days and not so good days

Yea, like I said, in a lot of cases, it's the viewer's opinion changing, not the object
Keep the the left field stuff ➡️here⬅️, plz & thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekelon View Post
Well thanks, I don't know how long this will last, but if you let me post I won't let you down...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
also the Venn diagram of people who wanna hear me use venn diagrams to explain things and people who care what I have to say, is nearly a perfect circle so I dunno what's what anymore....
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote