yep ... still nice 98 91.59%
nah , i liked him b4 but not now 7 6.54%
never been a fan 2 1.87%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2013, 03:18 AM   #1
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Mentioned: 371 Post(s)
uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
are u still a fan of thesaurus ??

just wondering where everybody stands on this
Old 08-05-2013, 03:21 AM   #2
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Yeah, he ain't in my top 10 or even 20 right now but I will probably allways rate him, he had a bit of a stale period but twas good against Bulletz and Deadman
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:21 AM   #3
NickkaJ
I'm Technical

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
NickkaJ is a PY Poster
Still is one of the pioneers of battle rap.. Dude laid the foundation for alot of battle rappers imo but thats just me. Everything he has done from start to finish is really remarkable. All time he is top 5 on his history alone

I don't respond to quotes
NickkaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:22 AM   #4
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Absolutely. He's one of the few "legends" of battle rap that isn't afraid of evolving as a battler and emcee. He has absolutely nothing left to prove, but he continues to compete at a high level just to show everyone he's still one of the best.
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:22 AM   #5
rogermellie

rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickkaJ View Post
Still is one of the pioneers of battle rap.. Dude laid the foundation for alot of battle rappers imo but thats just me. Everything he has done from start to finish is really remarkable. All time he is top 5 on his history alone
I think you've failed to understand this question
Old 08-05-2013, 03:22 AM   #6
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
yea everybody knows he was top #1 at some point in the freestle era , i was wondering if ppl are still super into him in this written era , particularly THIS DEEP into the written era .....

somethign about his delivery doesnt translate to writtens IMO , but i like his lines sometimes tbqh
Old 08-05-2013, 03:24 AM   #7
NickkaJ
I'm Technical

NickkaJ is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
I think you've failed to understand this question
From start to finish... is what i said so i did

Old 08-05-2013, 03:25 AM   #8
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

votes at 100% yea hes still nice

gotta respect the respect
Old 08-05-2013, 03:25 AM   #9
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
Absolutely. He's one of the few "legends" of battle rap that isn't afraid of evolving as a battler and emcee. He has absolutely nothing left to prove, but he continues to compete at a high level just to show everyone he's still one of the best.
This times 100. Dude has a genuine love for this shit... long ago and even now he could "retire" and wait a long time to battle again to cash in heavy, but had never done that... much respect

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:25 AM   #10
OrganikHipHop
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 586 Post(s)
OrganikHipHop is not the worst person
Yes!!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:26 AM   #11
SuperNegger
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
SuperNegger is a PY Poster
I think he helps push the scene, as a whole, forward. Too many peoples being copycats of the next dude lately.
Light travels at 186,000 miles per second. In a single year light will travel 5,865,696,000,000 miles. It would take 100,000 light years to travel, in a straight line, from one side of our galaxy to the other at the speed of light. The nearest galaxy is 2,000,000 light years away from ours. More galaxies exist in the Universe than there are grains of sand on every beach on Earth.

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - Albert Einstein
SuperNegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:27 AM   #12
rogermellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickkaJ View Post
From start to finish... is what i said so i did
Ah, I only read the start............
Old 08-05-2013, 03:28 AM   #13
3xthoroughb
Crakk Nicholson

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
3xthoroughb is not the worst person
thesaurus badu scheme one of my fav this year

http://crakknicholson.com/
3xthoroughb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:29 AM   #14
Agro

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Agro is a PY Poster
saurus >>>>>>>>>

dude's adapted well to the times imo

most ppl are called outdated who were top of the game back in grindtime
Agro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:31 AM   #15
NickkaJ
I'm Technical

NickkaJ is a PY Poster
He is very consistent as well imo... I know he has his bad days but we all do but i look at other older rappers from back than who can not adapt to this day and ages time. Mook Solomon Jones E Ness(HAHAHAA) Just thinkin of the older people that are in here now its like you guys should have stayed away if you couldn't adapt to the scene.

I know kid twist retired because he wanted to do things with his life and what not but i think battle rap was getting to a point where he was uninterested and i just don't think he could adapt well to the culture

Old 08-05-2013, 03:31 AM   #16
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
Saurus is still a very good battler. He's adapted to the newer fads while still being the same battler he's always been too.
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:32 AM   #17
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
(kinda random) compare math hoffa to thesaurus as far as # of battles goes/ quality.

This year math had to have a bunch of battles. He eventually only started spitting 2 rounds, choking, having horrible material, with in les than 6 months...

Thesaurus had been battling just as much if not more, but hardly stumbles, and continues to evolve. And has been doing it for Years!

Thesaurus >
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:38 AM   #18
The Saurus
VIP

Mentioned: 458 Post(s)
The Saurus is better than Grind Time AustraliaThe Saurus is better than Grind Time Australia
thanks yall. I appreciate it
The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:39 AM   #19
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

okay @mike rigs that math vs thesaurus comparison --

its hard to compare cuz thesaurus (IMOOOOOOOO , i am aware some ppl will disagree ) does not have a tite delivery for writtens , his lines can be clever tho ... math however , has absolutely no problems with delivery , presence , authenticity ....... yea he battled 14 times in 2 months so his quality suffered , didnt take some battles as seriously as he should , but i dont think its fair to compare him to thesaurus whos basically a battle rap marathoner .......

lets say , thesaurus has amazing battle rap stamina , math doesnt ...... math is a legend in his own rite , no need to compare him to a legend who cemented himself in the freestyle era , its a weird comparison

im just a huge math fan , i dont think its rite to compare him to a saurus , cuz in the "OAT" category , saurus would be top 5 , math would be like........ top 20 maybe top 30
Old 08-05-2013, 03:40 AM   #20
The Kang
99percent resembleMadIllz

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
hes still one of the best doing it.....hardly ever chokes or stumbles and hardly ever says something completely garbage
The Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:40 AM   #21
SuperNegger
Super Moderator

5char
Light travels at 186,000 miles per second. In a single year light will travel 5,865,696,000,000 miles. It would take 100,000 light years to travel, in a straight line, from one side of our galaxy to the other at the speed of light. The nearest galaxy is 2,000,000 light years away from ours. More galaxies exist in the Universe than there are grains of sand on every beach on Earth.

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - Albert Einstein
Old 08-05-2013, 03:41 AM   #22
SuperNegger
Super Moderator

Math's delivery is boring and has never changed. Same ass sounding voice for every word and punchline.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:42 AM   #23
SuperNegger
Super Moderator

You can even hear it in Bonnies rounds verse Loonie, she even uses his same cadence/setup/enunciations

Old 08-05-2013, 03:43 AM   #24
Stolos

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Stolos is not the worst person
i will always be a fan of saurus since he played a part of getting me into battling. there was a time right when GT started falling and KOTD was coming up where i thought he should retire but ever since his ness battle hes evolved and now i think hes the best hes ever been (written era).
Stolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:44 AM   #25
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
he destroyed DNA...to a lot of you thats not an accomplishment tho

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:48 AM   #26
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

winning battles isnt really an accomplishment @SpaceCadet , its how good ur performance was ..... if he beat some guy but he wasnt like , URL quality nice , then what does it really mean ? how much is that victory really worth ???
Old 08-05-2013, 03:50 AM   #27
WillyRotel

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
WillyRotel is a PY Poster
Gotta respect thesauras... he just does his thing... no beggin to be on url... just made his own lane....
WillyRotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:54 AM   #28
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
(kinda random) compare math hoffa to thesaurus as far as # of battles goes/ quality.

This year math had to have a bunch of battles. He eventually only started spitting 2 rounds, choking, having horrible material, with in les than 6 months...

Thesaurus had been battling just as much if not more, but hardly stumbles, and continues to evolve. And has been doing it for Years!

Thesaurus >
And from watching the episode the the DBD Show "Thesaurus 24/7" he was in Vegas for the WSOP the week(s) leaving up to Takeover, came to LA just for the event, then went right back to Vegas the next day.
JOBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:57 AM   #29
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
He's not one of my favs, but he's legit never bad. He's super consistent and I always watch his shit
Old 08-05-2013, 03:58 AM   #30
THACITY
THASHITTYWOK

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
THACITY is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
Yeah, he ain't in my top 10 or even 20 right now but I will probably allways rate him, he had a bit of a stale period but twas good against Bulletz and Deadman
Do you jump over fire hydrants or parking meters when you see them?
You sound like the kinda dude that does
THACITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:05 AM   #31
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
a lot of people are. just look at the thesaurus/deadman poll
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:12 AM   #32
SWJames

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
SWJames is a PY Poster
Not in my top five but definitely one of my favorites. A lot of battlers that claim to have "put in work" should look at dude and stop that BS.

On another note, Iron Solomon owes this guy a rematch.
SWJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:18 AM   #33
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
winning battles isnt really an accomplishment @SpaceCadet , its how good ur performance was ..... if he beat some guy but he wasnt like , URL quality nice , then what does it really mean ? how much is that victory really worth ???
no shit. it was a quality performance that catered to his fans... and he predicted the bars DNA was gonna say. it was a great showing.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:21 AM   #34
NickkaJ
I'm Technical

NickkaJ is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCadet View Post
no shit. it was a quality performance that catered to his fans... and he predicted the bars DNA was gonna say. it was a great showing.
Probably his best battle in quite sometime i think.. It was really slept on.. Thesaurus's bars atleast

Old 08-05-2013, 04:23 AM   #35
StabYourself
Seasoned Fan

Mentioned: 337 Post(s)
StabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyRotel View Post
Gotta respect thesauras... he just does his thing... no beggin to be on url... just made his own lane....
Damn, didn't expect this post, but respect, Will.
StabYourself is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:44 AM   #36
Franklin Drebin
Police Squad

Franklin Drebin is better than Grind Time AustraliaFranklin Drebin is better than Grind Time Australia
Big Thesaurus fan. Plus he re-tweeted me once so that means we're like best friends.
Franklin Drebin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:46 AM   #37
bells720
Posts Things

Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
bells720 is not the worst person
I can't think of anyone from the freestyle era that has continued to be as successful or steady in the written era. And at the same time, he doesn't have that pathetic this-is-the-only-I-have-going-for-me vibe.
bells720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:47 AM   #38
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWJames View Post
On another note, Iron Solomon owes this guy a rematch.
Now is definitely the time for this. Thesaurus has achieved almost everything he can realistically achieve in battle-rap, so it's not like he has loads of other unfulfilled ambitions that would get in the way of a Solomon re-match. Thesaurus didn't even get to write for Solomon, and Solomon must really want to redeem himself after his SM2 fiasco, and Solomon is no longer popular enough to demand immense amounts of money. KOTD need to make this happen, it would benefit both guys.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:47 AM   #39
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNegger View Post
Math's delivery is boring and has never changed. Same ass sounding voice for every word and punchline.
Haffa. Its Hoffa baby! Hoffalujah! You know his bars type wack. HOFFA. Hold on, hold on! Brooklyn! Everytime I look at you, I wanna put a knife, foot or bullet in you... And I'll be here third round to bring them bars right back!

... you all just read this in his voice lol

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Old 08-05-2013, 04:52 AM   #40
Luke
Midwest Movement.

How fucking ridiculous is it that Saurus is way better, has accomplished alot more, has more classics, has more battles overall, is better currently, is more relevant, has never basically been booed off stage, and is more accomplished in both written and freestyle than iron Solomon - but Solomon would probably get paid more? Sad world.

Tags
supernegger is a fag