Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Calicoe forfeits against Ill Will, says he wasn't prepared

Old 11-09-2015, 02:48 AM   #41
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Cal and Will needs to get picked up by KOTD stat. Both of them show up when prepared and I'm glad we don't have a sloppy Cal performance because he'd get washed by Will.

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:55 AM   #42
rikkymang

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
rikkymang is a PY Poster
So Cal says he will do the battle for free.......but what about Ill Will?
Should he also do the battle for free or should he get paid, or get paid extra?
rikkymang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:49 AM   #43
gordyacres

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
gordyacres is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkymang View Post
So Cal says he will do the battle for free.......but what about Ill Will?
Should he also do the battle for free or should he get paid, or get paid extra?
depends on the contract BUT - I think he should be paid for yesterday and whenever the match is rescheduled.

Ill Will was paid for a November 7th battle, he did everything on his part to make this happen -- now its being rescheduled? well now the next event is taking up more time in his life then what he was already paid for, he wasn't paid to show up and not battle then show up and battle later. He without a doubt should be paid again an amount for his time specifically. Shit... he doesn't even have to do the battle now if he doesn't want to, Ill Will has ALL the leverage here, unless Calicoe / quest cry to him to do it and he bends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakneck View Post
He's not gonna come close to winning.

Edit: Vegas betting odds are historically very accurate and they have him at 14% compared to 50% for Hilary right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metazone View Post
bro if he wins I will go to my local shop, buy a video camera and publically say sorry to you on this forum and eric also. You have my word on that. :P
gordyacres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:04 AM   #44
Bawlin

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Bawlin is better than Grind Time AustraliaBawlin is better than Grind Time Australia
He spits so raw doe. No way he could spit 3 rounds of real life bars after the tay battle, it would make him implode from rawness.

At least he's doing a battle he contracted for (and presumably was paid for), for free. Cal saving da cultcha with his discounts.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:09 AM   #45
Flamazide

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Flamazide is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAallDAY View Post
im not mad at it.. i wanna see this battle go down with both at their best

good on cal, this is better then doin it and just fuckin it up

shit happens bruh.. stop cryin, he said he'll do it for free.. yea he shoulda been prepared but shit happens
Naw I don't agree with this at all. Niggas take time off of work and shit to come to battles and Cal is a big name so a lot of people came JUST to see that battle. Cal has a hood audience too and it isn't as easy to just come up with the money to take a trip to see a battle. He should have been prepared. This is his city anyway.
Flamazide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:13 AM   #46
rikkymang

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
rikkymang is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordyacres View Post
Shit... he doesn't even have to do the battle now if he doesn't want to, Ill Will has ALL the leverage here, unless Calicoe / quest cry to him to do it and he bends.
I hope Ill realizes this but he probably still really wants to battle Cal as it would raise his stock if he does well.
There should be some contract clause that says if your opponent forfits within 24 hours of the battle the league should give you half of the forfitters fee.
rikkymang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:18 AM   #47
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Cal already getting Hollywood. Smh.
mike rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:29 AM   #48
gregrieke20
Media

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
gregrieke20 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukallday View Post
So when he is saying he will do it for free, he actually means he will just do the battle he was paid for at a later date?
lmfao
Old 11-09-2015, 06:19 AM   #49
Flamazide

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Flamazide is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkymang View Post
I hope Ill realizes this but he probably still really wants to battle Cal as it would raise his stock if he does well.
There should be some contract clause that says if your opponent forfits within 24 hours of the battle the league should give you half of the forfitters fee.
I was thinking that same thing myself actually. Some method that penalizes the person that backed out, doesn't harm the league, while still compensating the battler that showed up.
Flamazide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:44 AM   #50
Sky2real

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordyacres View Post
depends on the contract BUT - I think he should be paid for yesterday and whenever the match is rescheduled.

Ill Will was paid for a November 7th battle, he did everything on his part to make this happen -- now its being rescheduled? well now the next event is taking up more time in his life then what he was already paid for, he wasn't paid to show up and not battle then show up and battle later. He without a doubt should be paid again an amount for his time specifically. Shit... he doesn't even have to do the battle now if he doesn't want to, Ill Will has ALL the leverage here, unless Calicoe / quest cry to him to do it and he bends.
I agree with this. Ill Will should refuse to do the rescheduled battle until he gets paid more.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:51 AM   #51
Sky2real

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
And a couple things confuse me. Why in the world did Calicoe go to the event if he wasn't going to battle? Lol. Dude just chillin and watching the other battles thinking to himself: "I hope y'all enjoying these battles right here cuz you damn sure won't like the main event "

And the second thing is, any decent rapper/battler has some throw away bars ready for an emergency situation (at least that's how it used to be). Why not spit some mixtape shit? Hell, another option was just improvising. I remember when O-red killed Calicoe during the whole battle. And then Calicoe does some garbage freestyle in the third and people still to this day say it was the greatest thing ever (It was awful to me but that's not the point). People have shown they like his off the cuff raps in the past. Could have gone with that option.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:05 AM   #52
gordyacres

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
gordyacres is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky2real View Post
And a couple things confuse me. Why in the world did Calicoe go to the event if he wasn't going to battle? Lol. Dude just chillin and watching the other battles thinking to himself: "I hope y'all enjoying these battles right here cuz you damn sure won't like the main event "

And the second thing is, any decent rapper/battler has some throw away bars ready for an emergency situation (at least that's how it used to be). Why not spit some mixtape shit? Hell, another option was just improvising. I remember when O-red killed Calicoe during the whole battle. And then Calicoe does some garbage freestyle in the third and people still to this day say it was the greatest thing ever (It was awful to me but that's not the point). People have shown they like his off the cuff raps in the past. Could have gone with that option.
exactly! a very strange situation indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakneck View Post
He's not gonna come close to winning.

Edit: Vegas betting odds are historically very accurate and they have him at 14% compared to 50% for Hilary right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metazone View Post
bro if he wins I will go to my local shop, buy a video camera and publically say sorry to you on this forum and eric also. You have my word on that. :P
gordyacres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:34 AM   #53
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Hit the 30 mark myself, so can feel why others who aren't into the newer battle rap format as much as us, don't love this craft tbh... If this was a decade/ longer ago, and you said you wanted to battle a a cat, but showed up on some Roberto Duran shit throwing in the towel, you would lose a ton of respect...

I get the whole " I don't give a fuck I'm bout bigger things " aspect tbh, cause persona sells.... People will forget about this in a couple weeks anyway... Not gonna have fake outrage n get overly butt hurt, but tbh this is a bush league move and a reason why a lot of old school cats don't care about some of these cats battles tbh, and I'm aware these artist are targeting the new generation more... Kind of why I think cats like Head Ice don't get booked on URL, cause he can troll/ make a lot of street cats looks stupid in the process
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote