Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives > The Vault
RBE Presents: Murda Mook vs Aye Verb

View Poll Results: who do you think won?
verb 29 96.67%
mook 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2018, 12:55 PM   #1
Mark Doubt

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Mark Doubt is not the worst person
RBE Presents: Murda Mook vs Aye Verb

Last edited by Mark Doubt; 08-27-2018 at 12:57 PM. Reason: title
Mark Doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:26 PM   #2
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Longest battle ever.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:31 PM   #3
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
Verb 3-0. Mook wasn't even rapping...
steveelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:50 PM   #4
Soda Popinski
Bitches Love Soda

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Soda Popinski is not the worst person
Damn, Verb 3-0 sounds wild, but I swear that's what I'm leaning towards.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:14 PM   #5
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Verb 3-0, Mook is a bad editor.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:28 PM   #6
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
listen to the bars in the bars
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 03:38 PM   #7
SBOfficial
RUOfficial?

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
SBOfficial is not the worst person
Just clocked into work... let's see if I can finish this biiiiatch before I clock out.

Next week.
SBOfficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:03 PM   #8
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
mook had some actual clever line sbut his delivery was awful and he sounded like chilla jones of years ago , verb was snapping on him in the first and rapped way better debatable 3-0 , just cause you rap for 20 minutes doesen't mean you automatically win the round
Old 08-27-2018, 06:29 PM   #9
Nikolas34520

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
Mook did good but Verb 3-0. Mook had lines we’d shit on Chilla for and a few people behind him were OD. It was satisfying seeing Verb in rare form, I used to not like Verb when I first got into battling but over time I’ve realized he’s one of the GOATS. Damn that was a long battle, took a few sittings (mostly on Mooks end).

Just to throw it in Jaz was just as cringeworthy on stage as she was on Champion.

Last edited by Nikolas34520; 08-27-2018 at 06:39 PM.
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:29 PM   #10
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
copped the ppv... have already watched the battle at least 5 times

it was impressive that mook didnt stumble at all and that he was able to deliver some "intricate" bars flawlessly.... but yoooo he was boring after a while.

verb, on the other hand, kept up the pace and just rapped better than mook.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:20 PM   #11
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
A hour and a half.

Naaaaah mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:32 PM   #12
Feral Linguist

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
@10.40 i felt ARP's heart drop man, he was not about to let this turn into a brawl lmfao...
Old 08-27-2018, 07:32 PM   #13
Feral Linguist

Mook is a real ho
Old 08-27-2018, 10:14 PM   #14
Marcus

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Mook was all reaching, biting and OBC. Verb 3-0
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:33 PM   #15
Feral Linguist

Mook v Clips next

battle of who can talk more through their opponent's rounds
Old 08-28-2018, 02:58 AM   #16
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
is this shit actually 90 minutes? oh boy......................gonna have to do this in chunks...i'll check in with ya'll thursday

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 12:34 PM   #17
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
Do I have to watch this for the culcha?
Cuntoffs are Jumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:26 PM   #18
iamHBY

Just from online feedback, I don’t understand anyone that says that Mook won this.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:27 PM   #19
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
Mook said "you gone be napping on a mattress with a permanent address". So if you fuck with mook, you gone end up at home, in bed, getting some rest. BARS! Yeah Verb 3-0 in a way too long to enjoyably watch battle. I think you can appreciate what Mook done for the Culture whilst admitting his time has passed. He a legend but we don't need to see this anymore,he the battle rap Royce Gracie.
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 04:27 PM   #20
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

ThaDiz is not the worst person
Verbs first was fire btw
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:52 AM   #21
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDiz View Post
Mook said "you gone be napping on a mattress with a permanent address". So if you fuck with mook, you gone end up at home, in bed, getting some rest. BARS! Yeah Verb 3-0 in a way too long to enjoyably watch battle. I think you can appreciate what Mook done for the Culture whilst admitting his time has passed. He a legend but we don't need to see this anymore,he the battle rap Royce Gracie.
That bar is the perfect compliment battle bar.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:23 AM   #22
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
How to rob Lloyd banks of a role on Power.. Slow it it down.. Rob Mook of his du-rag in an hour
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:30 AM   #23
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuntoffs are Jumps View Post
Do I have to watch this for the culcha?
Be it may be the only reason
god level is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:19 PM   #24
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Poll looks accurate.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:38 PM   #25
Milkman45

Milkman45 is not the worst person
bout to peep
Milkman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:38 PM   #26
Milkman45

Milkman45 is not the worst person
voted Verb tho
Milkman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:31 AM   #27
Emseed

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emseed is not the worst person
So many reaches from Mook. A lot of his bars were like the stuff Marlo and Shuffle were saying in their bad bars battle.

"This is whiskey/Risky business"

"Cement/See I meant". Thats Umbrella/Umm a barretta level shit

I'm still watching this tbh, I actually think Mook got the second round. Ayeverb definitely got the first, Mook was terrible in that, but the second Mook's best bars were way better than Ayeverbs best so I'd give it to him. The crowd is gassing Verb too. Ayeverb isn't doing anything special, he's pretty much the same Ayeverb we've been seeing in recent years, its just that Mook had a terrible first round and now the crowd is against him.

Mook 2 - 1. Ayeverb was boring as shit in that third, barely any word play or bars whatsoever, just him giving one long ass speech about some boring ass shit. At least Mook had some hard hitting angles that actually attacked Verb. The only problem is he rapped for too long, if he just cut out the filler and kept the best bars it would have been more of a clear round to him.

Last edited by Emseed; 09-01-2018 at 08:58 AM.
Emseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 12:50 PM   #28
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
my favorite bar from mook was the custom model/customato box for you line

i liked a lot from verb including the John Witherspoon, the power scheme, NOT WIGGINS/DOC RIVERS, sewer/connoisseur, JOHN CONNOR TO HIM, and the "seasoned dead body".... ...with IRON'S FACE (let that murrinate) lol
...also, i LOVED the "lick the prego"

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay

Last edited by Abstrakt; 09-01-2018 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:07 AM   #29
track 1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
mook fucking sucks
track 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:53 AM   #30
David Deas

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
David Deas is a PY Poster
I have Verb winning.

But Mook wasnít nearly as bad as some people pretend.

This is was a good Verb, but a very beatable Verb. If Mook would have stuck to Murda, that hard core gangsta shit, he would have easily beaten Verb. But he decided to try and get too lyrical and too angular. That was his mistake.

Mook had some bars. But he didnít pick his opponent or the venue wisely. In battle rap when people want to see you lose, you will lose. Thatís why Lux out rapped Mook and still lost.

If you have the kind of stature Mook has in battle rap you need to choose your opponents and your stage very wisely. You canít just go off the money alone. If the person youíre facing doesnít have just as much to lose as you do, you are choosing your opponent wrong.

If Mook was going to lose, then he would much rather lose to Hollow or some industry rapper. Too many factors outside just the bars alone control whether you win or lose on a big stage. Just not worth the check to gamble on losing to someone like Verb.

Now your price for the next battle is a lot lower. Now you might have to take another battle just to prove youíre still any good. Wasnít worth the gamble.
David Deas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:33 AM   #31
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
What's up with basically uploading the PPV for a big battle like this? Some basic editing would make this shorter and give it more rewatchability. I lost count of the amount of times I had to use the skip 10-seconds feature to get through them repositioning mics or shouting at the crowd or bumping into each other; genuinely a good ten-twenty minutes could be shaved off an already over-long battle. If this was only a little over an hour, it would be so much more watchable.
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number
You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT

Last edited by Emancee; 09-05-2018 at 03:00 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:16 AM   #32
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
First round:
Customato bar from Mook is fire, the reaction to the vegan/ beef bar is hilarious everyone reacts and then the reaction is cut short as they realize it was actually ass.

Verb's Black Panther bars are awful and the difference is delivery is really clear, but after that his scheming is much better. It needs some better punches at lots of parts, but some of his simple, direct bars are flames 'not one of us' and 'Jon Connor/ comma thru him'.

Second:
Mook's with the multi-spazzing and some actually okay wordplay. I kind like 'aura got me folding a lotta paper' and some stuff that makes no sense whatsoever 'apple jack' for example.

Verb does a Show Time with similar, but much better wordplay than Mook. His style is just so much more relevant to what's happening now. He had some bizarre stuff and the pause bars at the end were really WTF, but a clear win of Verb.

Third:
As a linguistics major, I appreciate the start of Mook's third, lol. He really needs to cut it down, at least half of this is filler but his delivery and rhythm is selling his bars well. He just jumps topics, flows, styles too much. Party Arty and argue the call bars, 52 weak/ 52 week, prefer the lie/ fertilize/ bull shit are kinda tight.

Verb has kinda said everything he needs to say at this point. Seasoned dead body is flames though and Verb's closer 'don't talk this long' is a great way to end it.

Overall:
This wasn't such a great Verb, but he clearly won 2:1. If Mook had organized his rounds better, he might have made it more debatable. He had some decent material and an infinitely better delivery, but way too much filler.
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number
You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT

Last edited by Emancee; 09-05-2018 at 03:21 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:13 AM   #33
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
What's up with basically uploading the PPV for a big battle like this? Some basic editing would make this shorter and give it more rewatchability. I lost count of the amount of times I had to use the skip 10-seconds feature to get through them repositioning mics or shouting at the crowd or bumping into each other; genuinely a good ten-twenty minutes could be shaved off an already over-long battle. If this was only a little over an hour, it would be so much more watchable.
yea thats a big reason i haven't gotten out of the first round. shits a chore

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #34
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
So Iím back to the forum after 19months and only halfway through Mookís third
Shadowposter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:02 PM   #35
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
First round:
Customato bar from Mook is fire, the reaction to the vegan/ beef bar is hilarious everyone reacts and then the reaction is cut short as they realize it was actually ass.

Verb's Black Panther bars are awful and the difference is delivery is really clear, but after that his scheming is much better. It needs some better punches at lots of parts, but some of his simple, direct bars are flames 'not one of us' and 'Jon Connor/ comma thru him'.

Second:
Mook's with the multi-spazzing and some actually okay wordplay. I kind like 'aura got me folding a lotta paper' and some stuff that makes no sense whatsoever 'apple jack' for example.

Verb does a Show Time with similar, but much better wordplay than Mook. His style is just so much more relevant to what's happening now. He had some bizarre stuff and the pause bars at the end were really WTF, but a clear win of Verb.

Third:
As a linguistics major, I appreciate the start of Mook's third, lol. He really needs to cut it down, at least half of this is filler but his delivery and rhythm is selling his bars well. He just jumps topics, flows, styles too much. Party Arty and argue the call bars, 52 weak/ 52 week, prefer the lie/ fertilize/ bull shit are kinda tight.

Verb has kinda said everything he needs to say at this point. Seasoned dead body is flames though and Verb's closer 'don't talk this long' is a great way to end it.

Overall:
This wasn't such a great Verb, but he clearly won 2:1. If Mook had organized his rounds better, he might have made it more debatable. He had some decent material and an infinitely better delivery, but way too much filler.
i feel you. the more i watch it, the worse i think verb does but i still having him winning 3-0 because of verb's much better structure to his rounds. mook had a LOT of reaches that didnt flow together particularly well but the customato bar was fire.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay

Tags