Forum Home > Text & Audio Battles > Text Battle Main Stage > RBL
Battle RBL Season 2 Week 5: V.free (1-2) vs. Shadow (1-2)

View Poll Results: Who won?
V.free 12 92.31%
Shadow 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 01:03 AM   #1
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1551 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
RBL Season 2 Week 5: V.free (1-2) vs. Shadow (1-2)

@V.Free

scare me?? nahh, boy cherish god cos ill air u out till ya air is gone
tryna check me I cant let it fly, im stashin bombs in my carry on
barrel palmed - bet it waves over his head fast as Verb in a hair salon
he aint near a don actin like it but dont really pull strings; playin a air guitar
lets hear em talk like hes hiding pounds inside his house taking care of sells
find this clown -use a pipe to hold em up when I ride around like carousels
we can get it crackin I bet he'll tear a muscle & get fed a shell for dessert
im handling weapons that'll flash in a second so trust when I tell u it Hertz
got atleast 2; I get gone off the dope I smoke & wont miss if I blow em both
point blank if Im unloadin tho.. have his face between the bust no motorboat
nah iont gotta hit em with gats we not spittin on SMACK .. ill literally smack u
so act cool before I handle shit with my hands like Indians entering bathrooms

@Shadow

V Free, think you’re taking the game by storm but I’ll show you up in here like E3,
Beat me? I’m taking the buzz off V like smashing a vibrator battery.
Say what you say, I laugh it off then ignore ya shit – I’ll Willy em!
You in a crazy mood, then choose, I lift him up or shut him down – that’s lithium!
Menopause at these bars but I’ll leave V bleeding, period with a stomach cramp on,
For good measure – blade red when I pull from V just like a tampon,
You grip the can? Pop out from the mouth, it’s all gassin’,
React and Lift a hand or let it blam, I reverse that; snitch, if you hold carbon I see a CID - Reverse reaction, carbonic acid
- You can be level 100 but I’m above like the Missingno glitch,
V ain’t wetting shit like a single bitch.
Everyone be robbing me, well so be it – like the Kony thing, five minutes in and y’all forget those kids,
Only link on the block this square got is a lego brick.

-Duedates-
All Verses due Thursday night no later than 11:59 EST
Send verses via PM to KBomb by the deadline or you are DQed
NO EXTENSIONS (Post in your battle thread if you have to no show)

-Line Limit-
STRICT 12 LINE LIMIT
If you go over, only your first 12 will be used.
Both rappers must check in to the thread before their bars will be dropped

-Voting-
Every battler must vote on a MINIMUM of 8 other battles.
Links to votes must be posted in this thread by NO LATER than the following Saturday by 11:59 p.m.
For every link that is missing, you will lose one vote in your battle.

-General Rules-
--Freeposting in ANY battle before both verses are posted
will result in a 2 vote deduction from your own battle!
--Any arguing, swaying, or freeposting results in one vote deducted per instance
--Mods are ultimate law of the land. We can & will bend
rules to maintain the prestige of the league.

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason

Last edited by KBomb; 04-03-2015 at 03:04 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:32 PM   #2
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Check bruv

I voted in every battle but didn't have time to comment so cant link. My bad and I will take whatever punishment I get for it!

Last edited by Shadowposter; 04-05-2015 at 11:42 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:51 PM   #3
V.Free

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
V.Free is not the worst person
check

http://rmbva.com/rbl-season-2-week-5...4.html?t=19334
http://rmbva.com/rbl-season-2-week-5...9.html?t=19329
http://rmbva.com/rbl-season-2-week-5...5.html?t=19335
http://rmbva.com/rbl-season-2-week-5...6.html?t=19336

Last edited by V.Free; 04-04-2015 at 03:38 AM.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:13 AM   #4
JShazo

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
JShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Gave it to. Free. Better/more punches.. shadow didn't have much to hit for me. Good battle tho yall
Old 04-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #5
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Mentioned: 962 Post(s)
Dank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICE
V's verse was a mixed bag for me, the opening few bars were dope, the bomb/carry on shit was nicely written and I chuckled at the verb shit, the air guitar bar was played though and did nothing for me. The carousel bar was ok on its own but ruined by the bad wording on the set up "taking care of sells" is not good english and was just forced to make the rhyme. Didn't get the hertz reference (if its something to do with the rent a car place its lost on me). Motorboat gave me a laugh and so did the closer but once again it had a set up that wasn't very well written

Shadows opener was ok, although the battery/e3 rhyme is pretty basic. Next two were both dope, the period shit was ok, the second line was kinda predictable for the theme though, extra points for menopause haha. Didn't like the next two, flow was really off with the short set up long next bar, and again the rhyme was basic. Next two were ok but another v/vagina flip is over kill kony set up was nice but lego/block word play has been done to death.

Hard to call, both verses had there ups and downs, I think v had a couple more ups and when he was on the writing and rhymes were slightly better.
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Old 04-03-2015, 01:29 PM   #6
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
I think Free could benefit a lot from rewording some of his set ups / punches. He's got great concepts (verb, carryon, hertz, motorboat) but most of the time either the setup or punch is worded weird enough to make the concept seem less effective. Best example i can find of that was the

Quote:
lets hear em talk like hes hiding pounds inside his house taking care of sells
find this clown -use a pipe to hold em up when I ride around like carousels
which if changed to:

"If i hear em talkin bout hiding pounds inside his house, taking care of sales
I'll ride around and hold this clown up with a pipe like a carousel"

To me sounds much cleaner and more fluid. Take that for what it's worth cuz I am def a fan of your style and punches so I'd like to see you take it to the next level.

I thought Shadow was pretty decent here. Wasn't a fan of the opener, just a weird concept. I liked the lithium punch, but then back to the tampon which is kind of played / not that good of an angle. Syllable count on the next two is all sorts of funky but the idea was pretty good. Man that pokemon reference is so crazy specific, I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only person who knew that without googling . I thought you closed nice.

Overall I gotta give it to Free as he was hitting more consistently and his concepts are very good.
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #7
TomB

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
TomB is better than Grind Time AustraliaTomB is better than Grind Time Australia
I honestly thought V Free was gonna body this one, ended up being a close one though. Both were good, Shadow surprised me. Shadow would've beaten a lot of verses with this, V. Free is just really good at this shit though. I have V edging. Damn near every bar he does hits for me and his flow was better than Shadow's.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:00 PM   #8
thatguy

Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
vfree:

first 4 were strong, everything came off real crisp,

"use a pipe to hold em up when I ride around like carousels"

was a real nice concept, I kinda wish you had taken out the 'when i ride around part' even though it adds to the carousel concept, it makes less sense in the original meaning and came off a bit wordy. That bein said it was a dope concept

I liked the rest of the verse too besides the closer. your syllable game is on point and some good punches in there too.

"V Free, think youíre taking the game by storm but Iíll show you up in here like E3,
Beat me? Iím taking the buzz off V like smashing a vibrator battery."

concept was there for the opener, but the punch didnt really work for me. also the punch was dulled by the multi not working for me either. V-Free/E3/beat me/batt-ee-ree? maybe kind picky but it made it not read as well to me.

It was a little over the top with all the pussy/V flips, especially to me because that is not a way I ever refer to it. if i put that aside though, some of them flips were decent, but the verse def could be improved by throwing some more variety in the type of flips.

I thought the lego block closer was real nice.

I thought shadow was much improved since the start of RBL, but still some areas that could be better. V-free is a different level tbh, he is a problem for anyone and he got this one for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:24 PM   #9
Og Smokinstein
Deathstro da great

Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Og Smokinstein is better than Grind Time AustraliaOg Smokinstein is better than Grind Time Australia
I thought this was a close one, but i gave v the advantage over shadow.
V had a couple bars that i fux with,shadow not so much.

It was a str8 battle tho.. Vote v

You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug
Especially when itís waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye"- Raoul Duke
Old 04-03-2015, 09:05 PM   #10
RonSimmons

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
RonSimmons is not the worst person
shadow was super nice, but v free took this, even though hair salon does not rhyme with air guitar
Old 04-03-2015, 09:47 PM   #11
averagejoe
©

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
@V.Free u literally got me first 3 bars. you clearly acknowledge the syllable count and making the set ups and the bars sound good (the whole sentence not just the rhyme) is an asset u have that i noticed not many do here
@Shadow i liked how u went in on him and ur verse being posted 2nd made it look like a real "battle"

i enjoyed this @V.Free u ever make a song?
Old 04-04-2015, 03:07 AM   #12
V.Free

nah not for real @SpecialOh, this the only thing ive ever recorded

https://soundcloud.com/frees-2
Old 04-04-2015, 03:34 AM   #13
thatguy

Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Free View Post
nah not for real @SpecialOh, this the only thing ive ever recorded

https://soundcloud.com/frees-2
dunno how people are capable of freestyling and stayin on tempo and the same... beyond me. sounded good man
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:19 PM   #14
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Thought Shadow had a good verse but still felt like it could be stronger, the vibrator thing had me cracking up, the Joseph Kony thing could've been a cool angle if you explored it a bit more though. Thought the rhymes were pretty good even if one or two were off. The gassing thing was a good angle too, I think that one could've been fleshed out just a bit more though.

As for V.Free, dude consistently turns in good verses and I don't think he's on people's radars but should be. Felt this week wasn't as strong as some of his past though. Carousel was good, missed out on Hertz though. The closer had me laughing my ass off.

Tough call, gotta edge it to V.Free though, not bad from either guy though.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:51 AM   #15
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
First 3 bars from V.Free were crazy and the carousel bar was definitely one of my favorites of the week as well. Rest of the verse was solid; very smooth flow as well. Shadow's verse was all over the place for me tbh. The Willy line was very well done but all of the "V" flips were stale to me. The Reverse-CID-Carbonic acid bar might have sounded cool over audio but for a text battle it threw off the verse a little bit.

Interesting clash but still a clear winner.

Vote: V. Free
Old 04-05-2015, 03:20 AM   #16
V.Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
dunno how people are capable of freestyling and stayin on tempo and the same... beyond me. sounded good man

good looks, IDK if u think I was freestyling or what, but to clear it up, I wasnt, that was a written verse but it was recorded in 1 take so I see why it might sound like a freestyle
Old 04-05-2015, 09:02 PM   #17
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
v free
good first few bars, but a lot of stuff doesn’t really follow. like, tear a muscle & get fed a shell for dessert? The hertz could’ve been good but wording killed all of the effectiveness. the closer was pretty gross and kind of racist. Just got too non sensical and random.

shadow
buzz off v was weak. lithium was okay. period bars nawwww. no more. lego’s okay.

wasn’t really feeling either verse, to be honest, but I’m going for v free. Let down by both verses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Old 04-06-2015, 01:44 AM   #18
KBomb
2dope4you

need links from @Shadow and more links from @V.Free

Old 04-06-2015, 01:56 AM   #19
FatManFromSpace
Twinkie Madness

Mentioned: 277 Post(s)
FatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time AustraliaFatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time AustraliaFatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time Australia
I'll keep this short: I thought Free's verse flowed better. Cool concepts from Shadow but I think Free had better material overall

cuz i have always suspected that
Old 04-06-2015, 03:27 AM   #20
Throwback Mike
I'M NOT PAT STAY

Mentioned: 806 Post(s)
Throwback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Unfortunately, the polls are already closed, but I thought V. Free took this with ease and the polls seem to indicate that, so I guess my vote doesn't matter. V. Free has been consistently dope and is gonna be a real threat at some point, but I still always feel like I'm waiting on a breakout performance where he just goes crazy and really comes with some heavy hitters. Most of the time, he's just got me nodding my head at cool lines, but not feeling like anything's crazy. That's how it was with the air guitar and carousel bars. The air guitar line reminded me too much of Prep's "Guitar Hero" bar against DOT and the carousel line just seemed to be worded in a way that took some sting out of the punch. That motorboat bar was pretty heavy though. I think it was V. Free who had that fire bust double meaning last week too, so he seems to have that concept down.

Shadow didn't have anything too noteworthy. The lithium bar was good though I think... I'm pretty sure it mostly went over my head, but it seems cool if I actually got it. And those V/vagina double meanings just weren't doing it for me.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:42 AM   #21
WestGotBars

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)
WestGotBars is not the worst person
V free good battle
Old 04-06-2015, 08:56 AM   #22
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Shadow had a few decent bars: pull from v like a tampon, Kony thing, but I think V. Free was cooking here. Air guitar bar (might have heard something similar before). Carousel bar. Verb bar. Motorboat. Opener and closer were both cool. Good rhymes. V. Free got this pretty clearly to me.

vote V. Free
Old 04-06-2015, 12:27 PM   #23
Prelec
kevin

Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Shadow was everything but structured and organized
V.Free took it from me but both need to step you game up next week man cuz I'm not here to read midtier stuff
Old 04-06-2015, 01:29 PM   #24
KBomb
2dope4you

@V.Free wins

Closed Thread

Tags
8211, 8217