Forum Home > Text & Audio Battles > Text Battle Main Stage > RBL
Battle RBL Season 2 Week 6: Yagerbomb (1-3) vs. JShazo (3-2)

View Poll Results: Who won?
Yagerbomb 1 5.26%
JShazo 18 94.74%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 02:46 AM   #1
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1551 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
RBL Season 2 Week 6: Yagerbomb (1-3) vs. JShazo (3-2)

@Yagerbomb

This my apology to y’all, they mad about the antics and the bad flow,
Without Yager on top of the bars, the glass looking half empty im feeling bad yo,
So now here I am, back on the grind ride up quick but clap slow,
Damn tho, soon im stepping to Ah Di Boom, fuck am I doin with shazo,

But onto shazo, all I heard about boi is that he’s the flat out weakest,
But y’all think he beating me, nah I ain’t buying that like blackout sneakers,

Fuck y’all, I motherfucking hate rappin,
It ain’t nothing if I decide to have the tre clappin,
Gun so big, if I see jay walking you’ll see jay flattened,
Boi I can get you bodied for a few bands like a straight jacket,

But shit you shooting, nah you just a fuckin queer,
But if he clapping, who the first pick if J miss (Jameis) I bet he getting bucked in here (buccaneer)

@JShazo

Tried to watch your battle with funeral nick for ammo to come up with lines
No punch, I ended up pissed, that I wasted seven minutes of my fuckin time
Show up to his next battle,tuckin my heater,.waiting in line eager
That chopper'll turn bomb block red as soon as I hit it,minesweeper
Quick slice to his windpipe cause a decrease in oxygen like hypoxia
My fist nice so he can get caught wit a hook,no prez mafia
That.38 extend.. woo y'all should feel sorry for Yager krenz
Shots graze his chin and send em to heaven wit a appearance to make ya savior cringe
Old tool,sin cara move they'll be flippin bomb if I grip n palm
See I'm Goku, all I gotta do is lift two arms to raise ya spirit, bomb
And you've always been low tier, so against me how you think you gon last
We different just think kid, I'm Minkus always find me in the front of my class

-Duedates-
All Verses due Thursday night no later than 11:59 EST
Send verses via PM to KBomb by the deadline or you are DQed
NO EXTENSIONS (Post in your battle thread if you have to no show)

-Line Limit-
STRICT 12 LINE LIMIT
If you go over, only your first 12 will be used.
Both rappers must check in to the thread before their bars will be dropped

-Voting-
Every battler must vote on a MINIMUM of 8 other battles.
Links to votes must be posted in this thread by NO LATER than the following Saturday by 11:59 p.m.
For every link that is missing, you will lose one vote in your battle.

-General Rules-
--Freeposting in ANY battle before both verses are posted
will result in a 2 vote deduction from your own battle!
--Any arguing, swaying, or freeposting results in one vote deducted per instance
--Mods are ultimate law of the land. We can & will bend
rules to maintain the prestige of the league.

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason

Last edited by KBomb; 04-10-2015 at 04:18 AM.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:26 PM   #3
Yagerbomb
FUCK

Mentioned: 486 Post(s)
Yagerbomb is not the worst person
Im hurr
Get 'em a fuccen soda
Old 04-10-2015, 05:17 AM   #4
averagejoe
©

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
@JShazo i would say flawless victory but to me, the whole 2nd half (even some of 1st) was more of random bars when u started off super strong making it a battle
not cuz u use personals but had a relevant theme going

first dude to make me actually laugh out loud so far this round (first 2 bars)

@Yagerbomb to me ur writing is most unoriginal (not tryna be mean i like u) seems like no content, u go just for the rhymes

...and the rhymes u go for are all cringeworthy (k i guess im tryna b mean) typical wigger talk lmao...
Old 04-10-2015, 05:18 AM   #5
averagejoe
©

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
all ur end rhymes are words every1 who has been writing for a decent amount of time completely avoids cuz its the go-to when ur new
Old 04-10-2015, 06:01 AM   #6
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Yager took a while to get going. Kind of felt he wasted the first four. Blackout sneakers and the straight jacket lines were nice. Shazo was punching. Opener was funny. Pretty consistent and good throughout. Minesweeper line, Prez Mafia line, spirit bomb lines were stand outs.

Vote Shazo
Old 04-10-2015, 07:03 AM   #7
The Chef
KingOfThaKitchen

Mentioned: 305 Post(s)
The Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Yager battling ahdi boom?
A Feat Would Be To Do Lines Completely Unrelated To A Game Or Movie That Clearly Reference Them.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:34 AM   #8
thatguy

Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
nice that yager showed up and wrote some actually bars other than yaki yaki. maybe my expectations were low but it thought it was decent.

"if I see jay walking you’ll see jay flattened,
Boi I can get you bodied for a few bands like a straight jacket,"

this was on in particular that was pretty good.

shazo is just guaranteed to throw a punch that is somewhere on the scale of pretty good to great every second line so it's really hard to keep up with. my only negative feedback would be some wordiness (like in the minesweeper bar) but in general some cool concepts. i thought that shazo just out punched in this and got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:00 PM   #9
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
Yager started off way too slow. Nothing landed for me until the final four (no march madness). Shazo was hitting throughout and had dope punches with minesweeper and prez mafia. Laughed at the minkus bar, boy meets world one of the goats.
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:52 PM   #10
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Yager's blackout sneakers line was one of my favorites of the week so far. Straight jacket line was decent too although the concept is a bit played. First four bars were filler however and the closer was a plain reach. Good to see Yager put some effort in though.

Shazo was relentless.

Quick slice to his windpipe cause a decrease in oxygen like hypoxia
My fist nice so he can get caught wit a hook,no prez mafia

Straight filthy.

The minesweeper and Boy Meets World punches were dope, and the bomb flips were solid too. Good to see Shazo become more versatile and not only rely on name flips.

Fun read but one verse out classed easily.

Vote: JShazo
Old 04-10-2015, 05:27 PM   #11
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
I liked Yager's sneaker bar but he'd have to have been punching all the way through this to keep it close. Buccaneer bars were done a bunch by schemers a while ago and if I recall sports punch lines they're probably over done.

Shazo's Stuart Minkus bar highlighted what I wish people would do more of here: reference hilarious shit that actually has stuck with you for years. Sometimes Shazo goes out there for references that I don't know are really that good (just 'cause I don't know the source well enough to comment, I mean), but anyone in my age group has seen Boy Meets World and, even if not getting it immediately, will have a "ohhhhh" moment when they think about it.

vote: Shazo. I liked the rest of the verse too, but that stuck out for me.

So, vote: Shazo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Old 04-10-2015, 08:32 PM   #12
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 508 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Jshazo victorious
Yager was pretty dope though, but it wasn't enough

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 04-10-2015, 11:43 PM   #13
Og Smokinstein
Deathstro da great

Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Og Smokinstein is better than Grind Time AustraliaOg Smokinstein is better than Grind Time Australia
Shazo was cookin, minesweeper/prez/minkus
Yeah this was a bag for shazo imo..but

@Yagerbomb i wouldnt buy those blackout sneakers either(niggas doing too much)

vote- shazo

You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug
Especially when itís waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye"- Raoul Duke
Old 04-11-2015, 12:52 PM   #14
TomB

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
TomB is better than Grind Time AustraliaTomB is better than Grind Time Australia
Shazo won this, just more consistent and mostly better than Yager's stuff.

But I have to say, bodied for a few bands like a straight jacket is fucking

Definite bar of the battle, but shazo got this clear for me.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:59 PM   #15
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
I know some were digging Yager's punchlines, IMO they weren't really hitting. Shazo's stuff at times I felt could've been formulated a bit better but it was still really good. Minesweeper line had me wishing I did something like that first lol. I liked the DBZ shot out and as everyone else mentioned, Boy Meets World references >>>>
Old 04-12-2015, 08:38 AM   #16
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Mentioned: 962 Post(s)
Dank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICE
I liked yagers opener, didn't attack shazos it still nice, next two were meh, blackout sneakers was ligit funny and one of them lines that is so simple i can't believe it's only just been though of. Next few were filler but th straight jacket l punch was ok, closer was decent but the set up was a bit lazy

Thought shazo got off to a slow start, opener was meh, but the minesweaper shit was bonkers. Prez was solid, didn't like the next two, kernz and cringe is a super stretch of a rhyme imo. Bomb flips were decent, closer was solid.

All in all shazos haymakers were too much and he was more consistent. Shouts to yager for not phoning it in though
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Old 04-12-2015, 10:35 AM   #17
Throwback Mike
I'M NOT PAT STAY

Mentioned: 806 Post(s)
Throwback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I thought Shazo took this clearly. Yager was pretty solid, but didn't have anything that really stood out. The Blackout sneakers line was good though. And I really liked the J miss/Jameis wordplay, but that bar was a mess.

Shazo brought the heavy punches as always. That minesweeper bar was crazy. I really liked the Prez Mafia and spirit bomb lines too. I did think Shazo went back to being a little too wordy in some places again (the hypoxia setup to the Prez Mafia punch, for example), but it was a really good verse overall.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:56 PM   #18
The Kurgan

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
The Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Yager good to see you trying again but there were really only 3 punches in the verse, and while I liked the first 2 a lot, I think the closer was just ok, and there was too much filler here to compete with Shaz. Good verse though.

Shazo went ham, all of the nameflips were CRAZY, plus the closer, Prez Mafia, and savior cringe bars were good too.

Voting Shazo
Old 04-12-2015, 09:40 PM   #19
KBomb
2dope4you

need links from @Yagerbomb

Old 04-13-2015, 12:47 AM   #20
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
the straight jacket part of yager's verse was pretty cool. nothing else really hit though and the wording of the closer made it flop for me. shazo took this handily. i really liked the prez mafia bar.
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
Old 04-13-2015, 12:53 AM   #21
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Yager, try to incorporate a bit more content into the writing, rather than just the rhyming syllables themselves... Not that im great or whatever, but u gotta do more man.

Shazo got it and I wont really break down why as its already been done. Again with the links though, I really dont know why people link stuff in battles (am i being nitpicky?)
Old 04-13-2015, 03:13 AM   #22
Yagerbomb
FUCK

Mentioned: 486 Post(s)
Yagerbomb is not the worst person
http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=522237&postcount=19

http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=522242&postcount=21

http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=522245&postcount=23

http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=522252&postcount=22

http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=522254&postcount=25

http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=522258&postcount=27

http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=522262&postcount=22

couldn't find an 8th battle
Get 'em a fuccen soda
Old 04-13-2015, 03:47 AM   #23
RonSimmons

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
RonSimmons is not the worst person
shazo had a lot more punchlines in there but yagers flowed a lot better and sounded more natural, and also had a few nice punches including the blackout sneaker one which was my favorite of the battle

i personally feel like when a verse is punchlinepunchlinepunchline, people tend to just skip through it and mentally check off in their head 'ok, thats a good metaphor, +1 for xxxxx"... i think when that happens it lessens the impact of the heavier punches- i see it like throwing a bunch of shit on the wall and seeing what sticks (no diss, most of the lines were good, and none were really bad), but meaning out of all of them, you know the readers are gonna really enjoy a few, and just ignore the others.

i'd personally prefer well written filler than a punch for the sake of punching... leading up to, or in between a few very deliberate punches that you rely on heavily... this post essentially is my breakdown for the way i judge most battles, not just this one, and also the standpoint from which i write my shit, for those wondering why i don't 'punch' enough

vote: @Yagerbomb
Old 04-13-2015, 05:44 PM   #24
KBomb
2dope4you

@JShazo wins

Closed Thread

Tags