Forum Home > Text & Audio Battles > Text Battle Main Stage > RBL
Battle RBL Season 2 Week 4: thatguy (2-0) vs. V.Free (1-1)

View Poll Results: Who won?
thatguy 12 75.00%
V.free 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 03:21 AM   #1
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1551 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
RBL Season 2 Week 4: thatguy (2-0) vs. V.Free (1-1)

@thatguy

One debatable win under your belt, now you thinkin you a star? cool..
Stay in your lane 'less you got a couple bodies - that's a carpool
But if he jumpin out his lane like his vehicle swerved, I'll get real disturbed
So knees (Sony's) gettin hacked; North korea returned
Thata kill his (achilles) chance of runnin, I bet he'll (heal) get hurt
You can't run that fast with your 'calves slashed' - v'll (veal) get served

You still think this 'lookin good' for you? here's where you get done ugly
This Nelson Muntz to Milhouse. Roger Klotz to Doug Funnie
That's bully shit, bout to find his ride and start takin lunch money
Soon as I spot the whip you're gettin hit, but we aren't playin punchbuggy
I just make it look easy. I wrote my part in a minute, bro
But if it's V-necks (next)... watch him try harder than hipster clothes

@V.Free

Mafia ties .. mob henchman I call in if I want a body gone missin
so talk shit & your fin'a pop up in the ocean like sharks swimming
Get shot down thinkin he 'round fakes no bruises, son - im not using crowbars
no.. get shot down thinkin my rounds fake like Bruces son - im not using Crow, bars
I hope hes bulletproof or my bullets proof when he ends up dead from a shell
show yall his frame rocked if I make it Bust.. so dont get a-head of yourself
Im callin shots with a bosses motives - he call-in shots, its a cop hes phoning
a fag on the low, ask riffic, itll blow his cover quick as a tornado in Barnes & Nobles
Monotone flow even in his fuckin audio votes, imagine the effect we add beats
so if hes in a club handling-business? no sets for the cash, hes a professional caddie
why they kiss your ass is a mystery cos if you spit a track they wouldnt listen; facts
just cos your disc is unidentified doesnt mean your out of the world with this craft

-Duedates-
All Verses due Thursday night no later than 11:59 EST
Send verses via PM to KBomb by the deadline or you are DQed
NO EXTENSIONS (Post in your battle thread if you have to no show)

-Line Limit-
STRICT 12 LINE LIMIT
If you go over, only your first 12 will be used.
Both rappers must check in to the thread before their bars will be dropped

-Voting-
Every battler must vote on a MINIMUM of 8 other battles.
Links to votes must be posted in this thread by NO LATER than the following Saturday by 11:59 p.m.
For every link that is missing, you will lose one vote in your battle.

-General Rules-
--Freeposting in ANY battle before both verses are posted
will result in a 2 vote deduction from your own battle!
--Any arguing, swaying, or freeposting results in one vote deducted per instance
--Mods are ultimate law of the land. We can & will bend
rules to maintain the prestige of the league.

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason

Last edited by KBomb; 03-27-2015 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:45 AM   #2
thatguy

Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
check

http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=514415&postcount=9
http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=514413&postcount=10
http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=514411&postcount=14
http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=514293&postcount=8
http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=514288&postcount=12
http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=514276&postcount=10
http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=514275&postcount=10

*only 8 battles total this week and one of them is mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.

Last edited by thatguy; 03-28-2015 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:13 AM   #3
V.Free

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
V.Free is not the worst person
check
Old 03-27-2015, 03:54 AM   #4
Og Smokinstein
Deathstro da great

Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Og Smokinstein is better than Grind Time AustraliaOg Smokinstein is better than Grind Time Australia
Dope battle fellas, I thought thatguy took it convincinly... V.free verse was cool but it wasn't
On the same level as thatguy.
Thatguy verse was cleaner and his punches hit harder.

You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug
Especially when itís waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye"- Raoul Duke
Old 03-27-2015, 04:39 AM   #5
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
damn this was good

two bars the fina pop up in ocean and punchbuggy were my favorites

in an equal fight my favorite line dictates the win and that punchbuggy got me
GoldRaffleBojangles,SnowsCastleBojangles,QuoteSnap pleBojangles,ClothesNaturalBojangles,BrosBlackHole Bojangles,PulpedMangosBojangles,WroteDjangoBojangl es,SoakedFlannelBojangles,RogueAngelBojangles,Home NashvilleBojangles,CrowsHateLawsBojangles,ToveAvri lBojangles,ThrowShrapnelBojangles,GrossRainbowBoja ngles,NoRacialBojangles,RomeStatueBojangles
Old 03-27-2015, 11:47 AM   #6
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Barnes and Nobles vs Nelson Muntz to Milhouse?
V Free was more crisp with less reaches
gotta go with V

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 03-27-2015, 01:58 PM   #7
TomB

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
TomB is better than Grind Time AustraliaTomB is better than Grind Time Australia
The shark swimming bar was the bar of the battle, and this battle was battle of the week.

One of the toughest ones to call here. The toughest one yet for me. I've read it 4 times, I went through and graded each verse out of a total of 24 points. Both ended up getting the same number. Flow goes to thatguy, I'm edging to V. Free on bars, and I guess I'll go V. Free with the vote on the power of the sharks swimming line.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:16 PM   #8
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Crow bars ftw, V.Free was a lot more smooth in this one, the shit flowed well. Thatguy usually gives in a good performance but this week I wasn't feeling much of the verse at all. Liked the Doug Funny reference but it seems like there weren't many punches thrown here and the ones that were in were just off. Hoping V.Free doesn't get jerked this week lol.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:29 PM   #9
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
You know, I've read this one several times already but I can already tell that I'll need several more. I'll edit in a breakdown eventually. Battle of the week for sure.
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:35 PM   #10
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Grrr, thought I had it to V Free but idk, thatguy had barss.

Will come back to it (that's like my 3rd read through already ffs)

Edit: Im giving it to thatguy on 5th read through. Nothing in it really, I thought both were pretty much evenly matched barwise, but I guess thatguys just flowed better. Both had one or two slightly weaker lines - but only relative to the rest of the verses (achilles heel/crow bars) but I think u guys probs had the best battle of the week and good shit from both!

Last edited by Shadowposter; 03-29-2015 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:26 AM   #11
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Mentioned: 962 Post(s)
Dank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICE
@thatguy

One debatable win under your belt, now you thinkin you a star? cool..
Stay in your lane 'less you got a couple bodies - that's a carpool
gawd damn!
But if he jumpin out his lane like his vehicle swerved, I'll get real disturbed
So knees (Sony's) gettin hacked; North korea returned
Thata kill his (achilles) chance of runnin, I bet he'll (heal) get hurt
this was all well written but i was kinda thinking where is this going
You can't run that fast with your 'calves slashed' - v'll (veal) get served
then boom! calves slashed, v'll......fuck off! bonkers
You still think this 'lookin good' for you? here's where you get done ugly
This Nelson Muntz to Milhouse. Roger Klotz to Doug Funnie
nice enough
Soon as I spot the whip you're gettin hit, but we aren't playin punchbuggy
solid
I just make it look easy. I wrote my part in a minute, bro
But if it's V-necks (next)... watch him try harder than hipster clothes
ok

@V.Free

ok
Get shot down thinkin he 'round fakes no bruises, son - im not using crowbars
no.. get shot down thinkin my rounds fake like Bruces son - im not using Crow, bars
not feeling this both sentences didnt really read well and the crow/fake round shit is played out
I hope hes bulletproof or my bullets proof when he ends up dead from a shell
show yall his frame rocked if I make it Bust.. so dont get a-head of yourself
nice
Im callin shots with a bosses motives - he call-in shots, its a cop hes phoning
a fag on the low, ask riffic, itll blow his cover quick as a tornado in Barnes & Nobles
lol not sure if i like this line or im laughing at it but still pretty funny
Monotone flow even in his fuckin audio votes, imagine the effect we add beats
so if hes in a club handling-business? no sets for the cash, hes a professional caddie
good idea but again feel its worded a bit weird
why they kiss your ass is a mystery cos if you spit a track they wouldnt listen; facts
just cos your disc is unidentified doesnt mean your out of the world with this craft
decent

all in all thatguy was just too much, the first 6 is maybe my favorite bars from the season this far, and everything else there after was solid too. v was mostly nice buit had a few things i wasnt really fucking with.
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Old 03-28-2015, 11:42 AM   #12
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
thatguy's first six bars were expensive and the punchbuggy line was nice too. V's opener and closer were pretty good. Some of the other lines read weird to me. They were either worded poorly or didn't rhyme that well (cop he's phoning - Barnes and Nobles).

Both were nice, but one verse just stood out as cleaner to me.

Vote: thatguy
Old 03-28-2015, 12:36 PM   #13
JShazo

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
JShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time Antarctica
def hard to call here, gonna give the slightest edge to thatguy, felt his best bars were better than v's best bars, but definitely the hardest battle to judge.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:33 PM   #14
The Kurgan

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
The Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Thatguy's verse was one of 2 halfs; the first was madness, the second was just good. It's not a verse I can really fault at all (are V-necks hipstery? is the best I've got).

V-Free was off to a great start with the shark bar. The Crow bar was a nice concept, but I feel like it would have been better as just a straight up bar rather than a slow it down, which made it read a bit awkwardly. The rest of the verse was GOOD. One thing I'd say is that while you got multis and all, your lines are too long not to have internals, otherwise they read a bit stretched out.

This battle is pretty close, V is real nice, but I've got Thatguy taking this, mostly on the strength of the first half of his verse.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:54 PM   #15
KBomb
2dope4you

still need links from both @thatguy and @V.Free polls close tomorrow night

Old 03-29-2015, 10:55 PM   #16
Throwback Mike
I'M NOT PAT STAY

Mentioned: 806 Post(s)
Throwback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I've had to read this one 4-5 times to come up with a winner--it's that close. This wasn't thatguy in top form, but he always has some crazy bars--even if he was up-and-down here. I loved the carpool opener. That was bar of the battle to me, right off the bat. After that, I didn't really like the little scheme about slashing his legs. It wasn't terrible or anything and the veal bar on it's own was pretty cool, but the scheme as a whole just didn't come together very well for me. Then, it took a little while to get to the punchbuggy line, but that was another haymaker. The gawd E. Farrell had a similar bar in the past, but this one still worked--although that shit's called "slug bug" where I'm from, so I had no idea what punchbuggy was until Farrell blessed us with his genius. And the closer was alright. The concept was kinda funny, but the next/necks wordplay doesn't do much for me.

V. Free probably had fewer dry spots than thatguy, but his high points didn't quite match thatguy's best punches. The opener was cool, but Ty LAW did the finna/fin'a wordplay better with his "ya finna (fin'a) get stuck up like Jaws in the water" line and I've used the finna/fin'a wordplay at least once, so the novelty just isn't there for me. I'm not saying V. Free bit Ty Law (and I'm definitely not saying he bit me), but my first reaction was just that I'd seen it before--even if this version was dope in its own right. The next two bars didn't do much for me, but the bust double meaning was crazy. I can't believe no one's used that before. That was fire. The Barnes and Noble line with the "blow his cover" double meaning was cool too, but the scenario was just too outlandish to do a lot for me. And the closing four were probably V. Free's lightest of the battle. Lines like this might hit against someone like Dank who we know makes music, but thatguy doesn't as far as I know and the punches themselves weren't anything wild, so it wasn't the strongest finish.

I ended up edging this to thatguy. I went back and forth with my decision a couple times, but I just thought thatguy's best outclassed the best we saw from V. Free.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:09 AM   #17
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1466 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
@thatguy
i thought this was a real solid verse. as much as everyone loved the “v’ll get served” segment, it didn’t really connect with me because you were basically talking about hacking up the guy’s leg. it’s just a very odd threat. it reminds me of when people talk about shooting their opponent in the shin.

other than that everything else hit. the carpool opener was awesome and the doug funny scheme worked really well.

standout bar:
Soon as I spot the whip you're gettin hit, but we aren't playin punch buggy

@V.Free
heard you were good… agree that you’re good. i can definitely tell you know how to write with rhythm accounted for, which puts you above a lot of text battlers automatically.

that said, there were some references/concepts i didn’t get or wasn’t feeling (“Crow, bars” and a tornado in a book store). the caddie bar took me a second to understand but once it clicked it was dope.

thought dissing him for music he doesn’t make was kind of eh.

standout bar:

giving this to @thatguy; more lines landed for me. real good battle.
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
Old 03-30-2015, 02:07 AM   #18
WestGotBars

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)
WestGotBars is not the worst person
dam dis shit classic TG first 6 lines were crazy VF had nice opening as well but the rest of em didn't land much for me some lines didnt fit in there. edging to TG but good shit from VF. nice battle.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:53 AM   #19
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I liked VF's slow it down. Freshest line in the whole battle.

thatguy came way too light for me to really give him the win here.

Vote V-Free
Old 03-30-2015, 01:38 PM   #20
KBomb
2dope4you

@thatguy wins and @V.Free loses 4 votes from his next battle for posting no links

Closed Thread

Tags
8217, 8220, 8221, 8230