Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 08:50 PM   #1
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1551 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
RBL Season 2 Playoffs Quarterfinals: The Kurgan vs. TomB

@The Kurgan
So this the new-newcomer to crash the scene, plan to smash the league & take my mantle? Please,
Think you a match for me? Well strike that, cos before I pass the torch- I'll pass the gasoline!
PREPARE THE VASELINE! My K a nice stock grip, so when I pop clips?
THE KICK BACK MAKE IT LOOK LIKE... I shot him!

Shotty in the pants leg, walkin like a zombie with a boner with it (no homo innit), ya folks'll git it-
Blastin in they house, ratchets in they mouths: ya fam gaggin on the couch like Homer Simpson!
Ya hoe is frigid! But after a glass fulla roofies like the Hangover movie:
I'll be bear with the bird in the sack getting Jiggy: Banjo Kazooie!

For bitching bout votes vs ANE? Get sent to A & E, but this emergency aint no accident kid-
Scrap with the King & this Major body make ya Soul ascend, on some Don't Flop champion shit!
You a fan of my scripts! So witness this opponent catch a Quickening in motion,
He quotes my stuff, 'B only won' if he's finishing my slogan!

@TomB
He’ll get a bottle smashed over his brain if he sound off
This clown's dropped, that Glasgow in his veins- he’s a proud Scot

Well I’m the lone avenger for when you’ve used your pull to make the poll look better
Now I pose a threat to nociceptors, check the heaters like a home inspector
Don’t test me either, fuck the votes you get there’s no protectors
Either get a straight right to the chin or I take sight from the twins like The Social Network!
Why try to think of lines in a whole endeavor to show you’re better-
When you’ll die tryna kill a Rhyme like I wrote the end for The Bone Collector!

No one ever gets their votes as high as him when he’s dabbling in heavy pandering,
but let me battle him? you’d need to re-do your lines to win, that’s gerrymandering

Homie you can’t best me on this site, I’m taking every soul in sight,
tomb brings that deathly cold to life like the Mackenzie Poltergeist!

-Duedates-
All Verses due Thursday night no later than 11:59 EST
Send verses via PM to KBomb by the deadline or you are DQed
NO EXTENSIONS (Post in your battle thread if you have to no show)

-Line Limit-
STRICT 12 LINE LIMIT
If you go over, only your first 12 will be used.
Both rappers must check in to the thread before their bars will be dropped

-Voting-
From this point forward, battlers in the tournament will not be able to vote on the other battles.

-General Rules-
--Freeposting in ANY battle before both verses are posted
will result in a 2 vote deduction from your own battle!
--Any arguing, swaying, or freeposting results in one vote deducted per instance
--Mods are ultimate law of the land. We can & will bend
rules to maintain the prestige of the league.

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
Old 05-04-2015, 01:24 AM   #2
TomB

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
TomB is better than Grind Time AustraliaTomB is better than Grind Time Australia
check

Old 05-04-2015, 06:23 AM   #3
The Kurgan

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
The Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Check
Old 05-11-2015, 12:11 AM   #4
JShazo

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
JShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time Antarctica
gave to Tom B, punches punched a bit harder, and verse flowed better. kurg wont really on his shit like he usually is imo. not too much connected for me unfortunately.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:11 AM   #5
The Chef
KingOfThaKitchen

Mentioned: 305 Post(s)
The Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time Antarctica
First read gave to tom. Bout to re read later to be safe. Dont see my vote changing anytime soon tho
A Feat Would Be To Do Lines Completely Unrelated To A Game Or Movie That Clearly Reference Them.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:29 AM   #6
DJ Profit
same shit,different tissu

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
DJ Profit is not the worst person
Smh..I'm disappointed in da amount of Sub par and half way stolen bars from Kurgan.. like the kick back make it look like I shot him(Chess bar), the zombie shit( mr wavy/ da nigga rappin on da dej lof beat) , an not 2 mention da young thugga-thugga-ish type of lines like pass da Vaseline!?!? no my guy. I can't approve dat.

I gave it too tom b but almost of default of kurgan not showing up

But no matter how many fabricated, fag related Neggs I get..

I'm still a real nigga in da streets and dats Real Shit!!.

Last edited by DJ Profit; 05-11-2015 at 07:40 AM.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:43 PM   #7
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
This didn't quite turn out to be the battle I was expecting it to be. I thought this may have been Kurgan's weakest verse of the entire season. Flow wise I was digging the rhyme schemes and multis, but punch wise you didn't hit for me until the banjo kazooie line (really dope). Thought the closer was a dope concept. So IMO you really only had two lines that stood out punch wise with the rest being pretty well written but no crazy concepts to go with them.

Tom, I really liked the idea behind the opener (glasgow wordplay) but i felt like you could have worded it a bit more effectively. Your next four were really nice. Crazy rhyme scheme with two pretty good punches. Only problem I had with it was "i take sight from the twins" seems pretty goofy as a gun bar. The gerrymandering line is crazy. One of the best punches of the playoffs so far. Thought the closer was OK.

Overall, Tom hit more consistently and when he was hitting, he was hitting harder than kurgan. So my votes going to Tom.
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:47 PM   #8
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Mentioned: 962 Post(s)
Dank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICE
@The Kurgan

So this the new-newcomer to crash the scene, plan to smash the league & take my mantle? Please,
Think you a match for me? Well strike that, cos before I pass the torch- I'll pass the gasoline!
solid enough but not overly hard hitting, rhymes are fire though
not feeling this
Shotty in the pants leg, walkin like a zombie with a boner with it (no homo innit), ya folks'll git it-
Blastin in they house, ratchets in they mouths: ya fam gaggin on the couch like Homer Simpson!
fire, no homo innit killed me, punch was dope, bonkers rhymes again
dope, liked both lines
For bitching bout votes vs ANE? Get sent to A & E, but this emergency aint no accident kid-
Scrap with the King & this Major body make ya Soul ascend, on some Don't Flop champion shit!
well written but doesnt really hit for me
solid

@TomB

Heíll get a bottle smashed over his brain if he sound off
This clown's dropped, that Glasgow in his veins- heís a proud Scot
not bad, something about the glass go in his veins i dont like, i know there are veins in your head, but really you gonna bottle man so hard that it goes through skull and into the veins?
Well Iím the lone avenger for when youíve used your pull to make the poll look better
dont really get the set up, not noticed any kurgan/vote related talk, punch and rhymes are dope though
Donít test me either, fuck the votes you get thereís no protectors
Either get a straight right to the chin or I take sight from the twins like The Social Network!
wooooooooooo!
Why try to think of lines in a whole endeavor to show youíre better-
When youíll die tryna kill a Rhyme like I wrote the end for The Bone Collector!
id is there but i dont like something about the wording
No one ever gets their votes as high as him when heís dabbling in heavy pandering,
but let me battle him? youíd need to re-do your lines to win, thatís gerrymandering
solid, i had to look this up thought which took a little away from the punch, and another bar about him fucking with votes just isnt doing much for me since ive never noticed this before
Homie you canít best me on this site, Iím taking every soul in sight,
cool finisher, rhymes are bonkers punch is solid

this shit is crazy close in my eyes, both have real dope rhyme schemes, social network was punch of the battle for me, kurgans simposns and banjo and kazooie shit were close behind. they were the 3 real haymakers of the battle for me and so kurgan having one more is getting a slight edge from me. this shit is the closest battle imo
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Old 05-11-2015, 04:20 PM   #9
Og Smokinstein
Deathstro da great

Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Og Smokinstein is better than Grind Time AustraliaOg Smokinstein is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Profit View Post
Smh..I'm disappointed in da amount of Sub par and half way stolen bars from Kurgan.. like the kick back make it look like I shot him(Chess bar), the zombie shit( mr wavy/ da nigga rappin on da dej lof beat) , an not 2 mention da young thugga-thugga-ish type of lines like pass da Vaseline!?!? no my guy. I can't approve dat.

I gave it too tom b but almost of default of kurgan not showing up
I feel how this nigga feel about the battle.

I thought this was gonna be fire ...but...it was more like a spark.
neither verse was wack imo..jus not up to par with there personal best.

But I gotta vote tom

You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug
Especially when itís waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye"- Raoul Duke
Old 05-11-2015, 10:28 PM   #10
averagejoe
©

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
@The Kurgan u the homie! i read the Banjo Kazooie line and knew right away at that instant in that very momment of time i just knew u had the battle. U took it. u saw the finish line and just kept gunning.

impeccable imo.

but then i read the other guy's verse and i got him 3-0 lol

@TomB 1 of ur bars it my pet peeve.. "nociceptors"...
but that was my favorite 2 lines in the past few weeks
dunno if on purpose or not but wasn't random multi the lines in complete were written very very nice and sound perfect when u read it w/o effort

shouts to u for real

Well I’m the lone avenger for when you’ve used your pull to make the poll look better

this reads so fucking good. everybody read this outloud lol
Old 05-11-2015, 10:57 PM   #11
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
kurgan came with some funny stuff paired with solid set ups punches and multis but tom b took all of that and went just one step further with it so Im going with him that social network bar had me d

kurgz made me lol though he won my heart for what thats worth <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
I had more in my arsonal I would have fucked you until daylyt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick
Old 05-12-2015, 05:17 AM   #12
thatguy

Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
kurg
Quote:
Dope opener. Match wordplay is nothing incredibly fresh but I think you did a good job with it.
Quote:
I see where you were goin with this, it was funny. I appreciate the change in style, but it didn't really hit for me. I think @krispy was one of the first, if not only, person to do stuff like this (remixing actually URL lines) effectively.
Quote:
Found the setup just a bit weird tbh, same kinda thing as the last line. the simpson line was nice though.
Quote:
I've heard banjo kazooie lines, but never this take so I'll still give you credit. That being said, it wasn't crazy to me, just ok.
Quote:
decent
Quote:
Liked this closer

Solid verse for kurgan. I appreciate the attempted departure with some humor, but I don't know if it came off quite as you had hoped, at least not for me. I can see this working in a reg season matchup, but in the playoffs against someone as good as tomB, using lines like those are a bit risky (assuming you care about winning

tomb
Quote:
Heíll get a bottle smashed over his brain if he sound off
This clown's dropped, that Glasgow in his veins- heís a proud Scot
When I first read this battle, I got to this line and thought "daaaamn... it's over!'. Ok, it's only two lines, but it was great start sometimes I think having your verse posted 2nd can be a slight advantage, especially if your opponent leaves the reader wanting more.
Quote:
Well Iím the lone avenger for when youíve used your pull to make the poll look better
pretty good
Quote:
Donít test me either, fuck the votes you get thereís no protectors
solid finish to these 4 lines and great structure
Quote:
Why try to think of lines in a whole endeavor to show youíre better-
When youíll die tryna kill a Rhyme like I wrote the end for The Bone Collector!
Unfortunately due to the reference this didn't hit much for me, but I like the approach.
Quote:
No one ever gets their votes as high as him when heís dabbling in heavy pandering,
but let me battle him? youíd need to re-do your lines to win, thatís gerrymandering
ok, decent

Quote:
Homie you canít best me on this site, Iím taking every soul in sight,
it's really the flow/stucture that makes this pop, but all in all this was a great closer.

Overall, I thought the kurgan was more diverse in his approach, which could have been the difference in a positive way if it worked, but for me it fell a little flat and tom was able to just out bar him. it's tough over just 12 lines and small details can sometimes be the difference. props to both of you on great seasons whoever wins. vote: tomb
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:17 PM   #13
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Kurgan's opener and Banjo Kazooie lines hit hardest for me. The gun lines I wasn't feeling as much. Don't know if you intentionally OD'd on the exclamation points but I wouldn't say they helped your verse. The quality of writing was high, as it always has been, but only a few punches personally connected with me.

I thought Tom was hitting with just about everything here. The Social Network punch was definitely one of the best bars of the round. Only line I wasn't feeling as much was the Bone Collector one. Not sure how the voting angles were warranted but I don't think they detracted from your verse too much.

Two well-written verses. One just landed more punches for me.

Vote: TomB
Old 05-13-2015, 12:40 PM   #14
TomB

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
TomB is better than Grind Time AustraliaTomB is better than Grind Time Australia
http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=535092&postcount=4
http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=535082&postcount=5
http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=534821&postcount=4
Old 05-14-2015, 10:33 PM   #15
StabYourself
Seasoned Fan

Mentioned: 337 Post(s)
StabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time Antarctica
wow TomB with the body yh

http://973-eht-namuh-973.com/
Old 05-15-2015, 11:56 PM   #16
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1551 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
@TomB wins

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
Closed Thread

Tags
8217, characters