Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Business 101: Cassidy Should "Not" Try Vs Dizaster... Here's Why..... .... ... .. .

Old 09-03-2014, 04:08 PM   #41
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
Battle rap isn't a sport.

Don't act like it is one.
I'm not calling it a sport. I personally don't think it's the correct term for battle rap but it's considered a competition and is therefore somewhat analogous to a sport which is why the closest comparisons it can draw is to something like boxing or MMA, even if the analogy begins to breakdown the more to try to find parallels.

It's semantics. Compare it to a poetry slam, a talent show, or a spelling bee instead of a sport if you prefer; substitute the word "sport" for "competition" and my point still stands.

Is there any competition where you compete to see who puts the least effort in and cares the least?
JOBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:37 PM   #42
Throwback Mike
I'M NOT PAT STAY

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Throwback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Didn't Lush One say that Cass is locked in for three battles? If that's the case, we'll be seeing more Cassidy battles regardless, so it's probably not a good idea for him to tank the first one. Besides, I'd guess there are some stipulations and/or incentives in the contract that at least attempt to assure that he'll put in maximum effort.
Throwback Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #43
Brandon Miller

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Brandon Miller is a PY Poster
Cassidy should go in

if he doesn`t try Diz can say he destroyed Canabis and Cassidy

also I hope people that dislike Diz
are not the same ppl thinking Em would do good in a battle

-Big L
Brandon Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:46 PM   #44
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
you guys dont think this guy's been paying attention to all the guys calling him out in the battle world? i bet he was "barred up" before he had any knowledge of Diz calling him out.

also, if cass does WELL... his price can go up. if he doesnt do well - yes, he still is "wealthy"...but part of his "legend" is based on him ripping Freeway. as long as he spits quality bars - he's got a debatable battle.

i would argue that he needs a debatable or victory to continue gettin paid like he is now in this battle shit.

remember - guys like Verb could "not try" and still get their price for battles because we have seen multiple classics from him not too long ago. cass, on the other hand, is known for a battle and cyphers OVER A DECADE AGO.

big difference.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:57 PM   #45
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwback Mike View Post
Didn't Lush One say that Cass is locked in for three battles? If that's the case, we'll be seeing more Cassidy battles regardless, so it's probably not a good idea for him to tank the first one. Besides, I'd guess there are some stipulations and/or incentives in the contract that at least attempt to assure that he'll put in maximum effort.
In the Vlad interview, Cass seemed to imply that he was getting paid off the backend. Vlad asked if he was getting half before the battle and half after and Cass said he was getting a lump sum before and implied that there may be more complex stipulations in compensation beyond that. I would assume a percentage of the door or the PPV (is there a PPV?) seems plausible but if Lush said Cass is locked in for several battles, maybe it is something more to do with a contract for future battles.
JOBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:02 PM   #46
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
That's where you're wrong. He's not good, but he's not the worst. He's in the middle. Watch some of his recent battles and tell me some memorable lines. Rambling, stuttering, and everything else involved is your usual Dizaster performance. When was the last time he gave a clean performance? Christ, he even got mad at the KOTD crowd for REACTING to a bar of his. He has zero concentration skills and will use anything as a crutch to make up for his lack of showmanship. If you need examples of this rambling/repeating lines, I'll be happy to provide them.

Dizaster=Mediocrity.
I disagree that he is mediocre I think that is a silly mindset that has no business in reality and most people in battle rap no better.

I think his battle with Pat was pretty good. He battled Pat Arsonal and Verb and win or lose none of them killed him

He is much more than mediocre If he's mediocre than 95% of the battle world is absolutely horrible

Diz doesn't do perfectly memorized write 3 rounds clean performances. But that's one of the things I like about him. I like the mixing of frees and writtens I like him speaking to the crowd when he raps and responding to what is going on that's battle rap to me. Coming with 3 perfectly crafted rhymes where you will never go away or step out of that is boring to me.

Hes got good pen game has some nice punches Great freestyling rebuttal game Good energy

But not being a black URL rapper don't expect you to like him

He was good in the Math battle
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #47
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecnik View Post
He's not the worst there is by any stretch. Does he do all of the things I mentioned though? Absolutely. The 2 worst things about Dizaster (to me at least) is this psychopathic character he portrays and his superfans. I just don't like it. *shrug* To each his own though.
Literally ever top tier in battle rap has retarded super fans.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:48 PM   #48
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
I'm not calling it a sport. I personally don't think it's the correct term for battle rap but it's considered a competition and is therefore somewhat analogous to a sport which is why the closest comparisons it can draw is to something like boxing or MMA, even if the analogy begins to breakdown the more to try to find parallels.

It's semantics. Compare it to a poetry slam, a talent show, or a spelling bee instead of a sport if you prefer; substitute the word "sport" for "competition" and my point still stands.

Is there any competition where you compete to see who puts the least effort in and cares the least?
Its not really a competition but I think a large part of improvisational comedy is not trying and not caring. If you try too hard it comes off as unnatural, and if you care too much you tend to over think what you're doing.

This really has nothing to do with the topic at hand, I just felt like throwing that out there.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:02 PM   #49
WillyBrilliante

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
WillyBrilliante is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukallday View Post
I dont know why the whole not try thing makes people mad, its fairly obvious that certain battlers do just take battles for pay cheques and not really put effort in, anybody trying to argue differently is deluding themselves. People might not like it but facts cant be argued with, there are certain battlers who get booked no matter how they perform and its only natural that these guys start to coast.

The Cassidy not trying strategy is a sound one aswell, theres no way that Cass will be able to kill it so badly or bring in the amount of interest/money to justify paying him again what they are paying him this time. If he loses he can just say Im a hustler, I got paid x amount to turn up and not try.
exactly! thats all im saying...

wut people fail to realize is cassidy is "not" a battle rapper... his entire image is based on being a rap hustler...
WillyBrilliante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #50
larry word
have no constraints

Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
larry word is not the worst person
tbh im expecting him to just bring shit like his 0 to 100 freestyle

aka like 90 bars of hot trash but one or two quotables in the entire shit just to make it feel slightly worth our while
Old 09-03-2014, 06:05 PM   #51
WillyBrilliante

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post

yes! competition that one doesnt do to earn there money! cassidy earns his money as a regular rapper... not a battle rapper... they are paying him to do something that is not wut he does... plain and simple...

sign lebron james to the new york yankees as a pitcher... and u may not get wut ur looking for... sure hes an athlete... but thats not wut he does
Old 09-03-2014, 06:26 PM   #52
Tecnik

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tecnik is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
Literally ever top tier in battle rap has retarded super fans.
Agreed, but some Dizasters are the worst of the bunch. Hollows come in at a close 2nd.
Tecnik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:29 PM   #53
Exenexex
project pattahhhhh

Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Exenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwback Mike View Post
Jesus, 3 battles for Cass....this guy in his most recent Vlad interview states he wants double or triple the amount in his next battle(s)

Either Freshcoast Media Group & Lush are goin broke due to Cass or this 250K is a front for a 3 battle contract....
Exenexex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:33 PM   #54
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyBrilliante View Post
yes! competition that one doesnt do to earn there money! cassidy earns his money as a regular rapper... not a battle rapper... they are paying him to do something that is not wut he does... plain and simple...

sign lebron james to the new york yankees as a pitcher... and u may not get wut ur looking for... sure hes an athlete... but thats not wut he does
yea but basketball and baseball are waaaaay more different then battle rapping and regular rapping

its more like putting a karate blackbelt whos never been in a "real" fight before against an mma fighter
VAallDAY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:12 AM   #55
Jamal Richardson

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Jamal Richardson probably likes in here/hair word play
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAallDAY View Post
yea but basketball and baseball are waaaaay more different then battle rapping and regular rapping

its more like putting a karate blackbelt whos never been in a "real" fight before against an mma fighter
This.

Battle Rap is a subset of Rap. Baseball is not a subset of basketball. It still requires the same base skillset.

It's more like Basketball to a Dunk Contest which Lebron would obviously be good at.

Last edited by Jamal Richardson; 09-04-2014 at 12:14 AM.
Jamal Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:16 AM   #56
3Face
Banned

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
3Face is a PY Poster
willy clearly doesnt try when making threads either...
3Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:45 AM   #57
WillyBrilliante

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Face View Post
willy clearly doesnt try when making threads either...
Woah! go ahead and let that anger out young man... u will feel better lmfao
Old 09-04-2014, 12:45 AM   #58
3Face
Banned

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
3Face is a PY Poster
Quote:
Woah! go ahead and let that anger out young man... u will feel better lmfao
real deal...

b-magic...

not trying...
3Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:54 AM   #59
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
i cant wait for diz to body cassidy fair and square and all of this speculation will look completely retarded

yall act like diz never made you laugh if thats the case you're a sad human being also if you dont think he snapped against arsonal then you're a lost cause

Sent from mah muthafuckin trap burner using Slapabop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
I had more in my arsonal I would have fucked you until daylyt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick
Lebron Jereurghmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:05 AM   #60
WillyBrilliante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jereurghmy View Post
i cant wait for diz to body cassidy fair and square and all of this speculation will look completely retarded

yall act like diz never made you laugh if thats the case you're a sad human being also if you dont think he snapped against arsonal then you're a lost cause

Sent from mah muthafuckin trap burner using Slapabop
fair enuff... wrks 4 us.... #teamsadhumans #lostcauses
Old 09-04-2014, 02:06 AM   #61
WillyBrilliante

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAallDAY View Post

nah... its more like puttin shaquille o'neil in to a dribbling contest
Old 09-04-2014, 02:07 AM   #62
Blanco14
I'm from Houston homie

Mentioned: 644 Post(s)
Blanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICE
Diz 3-0 Cass

And it won't be close
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I don't have girls in my bed. I don't bring anyone to my house
Blanco14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:43 AM   #63
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
Quote:
fair enuff... wrks 4 us.... #teamsadhumans #lostcauses
dizaster is the goat raper of all time

Quote:
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
I had more in my arsonal I would have fucked you until daylyt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick
Lebron Jereurghmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:12 AM   #64
Lo$ton

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Lo$ton is a PY Poster
I dont get the reed dollaz comparison. Cass is ALOT better than Reed. The thing about reed is he never had bars to begin with and his style of rap was never fit for the modern day style. Cassidy is different because his on beat raps sound like battle bars. He raps with the same cadence and rhythm of a battler even when he is on a beat. Cassidy also has the skill to come up with effective bars. I can see cassidy taking this one as much as i dislike Cass i really see him making a good transition.
Lo$ton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic willy thread, dizaster is the goat raper, dizasteurghemy, hollow clearly beat budden tho, lostcauses, op i a tryhard, op loves horrible battles, teamsadhumans