Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Rookies vs Vets wasn't all that dope

Old 04-22-2015, 01:18 AM   #1
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Rookies vs Vets wasn't all that dope

It was some fire ass dro or some decent kush. Not even close to Smack (Heroin/Dope). Whatup Smack??! Why are you huffin these kids.

I think Shotgun may have performance of the night so far, from what I've seen. Bars aside ofcourse

Also, I appreciate the Gods at Rap Grid for making a {battles} section. One of the main reasons I THINK, why people come to forums is to find latest and greatest battles. Thank you RAP GRID.
god level is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:33 AM   #2
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
I agree
Suge has had the best peformance so far
and Saga is clse second,they clearly had the best battle so far

brizz vs Verb disappointed imo(Verb bodied btw)
DNA/Chess is unwatchable
Wavy/Shine is ehh like a bitch

sorry but naH--LETS GET BACK TO SOME MORE pgS PLEASE
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:52 AM   #3
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 562 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
I've watched each battle at least twice
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:53 AM   #4
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 638 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
I think it has been very entertaining so far. Definitely a good change of pace.
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
SuckaFreeCashier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:58 AM   #5
B.O.B

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
B.O.B is a PY Poster
Rookies and Vets were disappointing thus far...
Chess vs DNA ...couldn't watch 1st time
Suge vs Saga...No Replay value,no real winners.
Brizz vs Verb...ehhh
K Shine vs Mr.Wavy...Step dancing combined with 3,4 min sub par RDS,overall lack luster specially when some of the bloggers calling battle of the night

Really looking forward to Clips vs T Top,should b best back n forth match,Heard Real Deal caught a bodybag but I guess we just gonna keep waiting...hopefully won't get vaulted like Rone did
B.O.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:26 AM   #6
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
This event has highlights and down-sides.

The rookies are almost entirely responsible for the down-sides lol. If ever anyone needed persuading to NOT watch the PGs, then this was the event.

Highlights:

Smack & them continues to get the best out of DNA and Aye Verb. Organik and Eurgh need to watch & learn Smack's motivational methods, for them in particular.

Best URL venue atmosphere for a while, psyched up crowd with the right spirit, without being uncontrollable and immature, asides from the K-Shine/Wavvy battle, which is probably because they're both from NYC.

Slightly more subdued scenery and set-up, and less extravagant and pretentious than standard URL main events.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:30 AM   #7
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1452 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
totally disagree, i've enjoyed it more than a lot of the recent url events. cool to see new talent up there even if they're flawed.
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:31 AM   #8
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Extremely entertaining so far. Greatest build up and marketing for any battle event I've ever seen. Quality production. Mic's weren't messed up.

Crowd is always an 'eh' factor, but for the most part, the Rookies showed up ready to put up a fight.

This is probably going to be the event of the year if NOME 5 doesn't whet our selective appetites.

I've seen Wavy and Shine/Saga and Suge twice. I'm SURE I'll be watching Prep and John John at least twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:32 AM   #9
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
i was only interested in Brizz/Verb from the jump but URL is gonna have to do stuff like this because they have to launch new (cheaper) stars. Smack wants to see the young guys put out classic performances so he doesnt always have to shell out $$$ to the vets like Clips, Rex n Verb.

but yeah, none of the battles were particularly "great". brizz vs verb was the only battle i watched the whole way through.

would like to see gjonaj get a top tier

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:19 AM   #10
brodeezy

Mentioned: 627 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
yeah i guess we shoulda been paying attention to GZ or something.

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE: WD7DAY2: https://m.twitch.tv/trappingoutthebandwidth

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:22 AM   #11
NotATroll

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
NotATroll is not the worst person
nope.

side note RBE event had 3 classics

rookies vs vet = 0
NotATroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:12 AM   #12
The Kang
99percent resembleMadIllz

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
So far this event is better than BO5....I never would have thought it but it is

Current Bottom 15 active battlers

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
The Kang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:18 AM   #13
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
I've literally would have turned a lot of these battles off if it hadn't been for scoring the card and seeing how many the vets/rookies get plus on all these recaps you hear oh he left earth in the 3rd or his 2nd was fucking crazy and none have been that impressive
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:29 AM   #14
mek

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
mek is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kang View Post
So far this event is better than BO5....I never would have thought it but it is
smh
smh

fucking back to basics is currently more entertaining than rookies vs vets. all this build up to something subpar, thats lux vs calicoe
mek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:24 AM   #15
brodeezy

brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
lmao rookies vs vets is definitely better than BO day 1 thats not debatable

the only way u dont enjoy rookies vs vets is if u dont enjoy url battles outside of the ones that charoon and real deal are in.. and if thats the case u gotta really take a good look at yourself before you start voicing your opinions publicly

I GOTTA REP SO BIG

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Old 04-22-2015, 02:40 PM   #16
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Anti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
lmao rookies vs vets is definitely better than BO day 1 thats not debatable

the only way u dont enjoy rookies vs vets is if u dont enjoy url battles outside of the ones that charoon and real deal are in.. and if thats the case u gotta really take a good look at yourself before you start voicing your opinions publicly
There's a middle path there, and I'm on it. Being a classic self-entitled fan, I want fire. Not decent. Do any of the RvV battles stand out among the whole URL catalogue?
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:07 PM   #17
brodeezy

idk what you guys are expecting from them. there's been plenty of quotables n shit from most of em

they arent coming with 3 rounds of fire no but if they were known for that kinda shit they wouldnt be on a rookies card. yall gotta remember where the PG dudes are actually at. you guys are holdin them to the standard of main card niggas. rvv is to gauge potential

PG dudes are like KOTD's GZ guys. don't see you guys go in on them like this lmao. hell, people 'round here didnt even get this "disappointed" or w/e you wanna call it after that shitshow of a day 1 of BO5

I GOTTA REP SO BIG

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:

Last edited by brodeezy; 04-22-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:11 PM   #18
SpecialOh
©

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
vet vs champ is gonna be much better

i find out tomorrow if i get to go to N.O.M.E. 5
gonna feel soooooo out of place
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:06 PM   #19
coleowsuz
IhaveJungleFever

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
coleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australiacoleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australia
Yeah personally I'm done getting twitter updates on the day of events.. Its a huge part of the reason these battles never live up to the hype. It wasn't any better or any worse than previous URL events they all end up falling flat. I still got a feeling T top vs Clips is gonna be a classic but we'll see
coleowsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:33 PM   #20
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Anti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
idk what you guys are expecting from them. there's been plenty of quotables n shit from most of em

they arent coming with 3 rounds of fire no but if they were known for that kinda shit they wouldnt be on a rookies card. yall gotta remember where the PG dudes are actually at. you guys are holdin them to the standard of main card niggas. rvv is to gauge potential

PG dudes are like KOTD's GZ guys. don't see you guys go in on them like this lmao. hell, people 'round here didnt even get this "disappointed" or w/e you wanna call it after that shitshow of a day 1 of BO5
I'm just gonna be honest with you. I don't watch GZ because the name is associated with "wasn't good enough for main stage" to me. Fuck a rebrand. So I couldn't comment on those battles.

I know I'm being self-entitled. And partly a faggot because I just want classics all the time and that's unrealistic.

Tangent because fuck it.

I'm not sure how much nostalgia plays into the whole "everything was better before" perception because going back and watching old battles doesn't seem rose-tinted, they're just great battles.

Brodeezy, help a damned fool down on his luck. What have you seen lately that has had an impression on you? Hit me up with a battle or two. Something dope af.

Please.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:35 PM   #21
god level

god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Yeah I wish I could quote everybody here because this is all pretty accurate. I wish I could find it more interesting. Just like most, I was reading into the updates and idk they all seemed like.. not really interesting.. I almost wished this event took place last year or 2 years ago.
To the fans that extremely enjoyed it I envy you because a lot of this to me were nothing but filler for the culture. OTHER THAN THE CONCEPT ITSELF.

If DOOOOOT, Gjonaj, I'm missing a few other people, were in this card and actually SOLIDIFIED that it's really Rookies vs Vets, then I would've been all in. But I mean we're talking about people like Th3 Saga and shit. What the hell man. Some of these guys aren't built for this in the long run and will eventually turn into punching bags.

Idk what Vets vs Champ is
BO5 was better than this.. I can't believe you would think otherwise, UNLESS you're only counting day 1.
Goodz vs Ahdiboom 1 rounder was better than most of the card. T Top vs Clips is probably the only one that'll live up to the hype. Only because both will bring something of substance to the culture.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:37 PM   #22
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti View Post

Tangent because fuck it.

I'm not sure how much nostalgia plays into the whole "everything was better before" perception because going back and watching old battles doesn't seem rose-tinted, they're just great battles.
well you're most likely not choosing the mediocre battles of the past to revisit...
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Old 04-22-2015, 08:39 PM   #23
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Quote:
well you're most likely not choosing the mediocre battles of the past to revisit...
I'm definitely not! Freely admitted, I am being a qoq. Just seems like a while since I saw something that seemed great, rather than just good.

Recommend something?
Old 04-22-2015, 08:42 PM   #24
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Oh shit! @god level you just reminded me. The concept for this event was fucking dope and I hope Smack does more concept-cards.

We need to let go of the cliff and plunge everlong into the abyss of "Professional Wrestling" comparisons, wrapping our flailing arms around the concept of kayfabe. Just, not scripted as such. Themed cards are the future, they provide a narrative to follow which can give the battles and bars even more impact.

I don't want to be on some Willy-style "look how high I always am" shit but I am kinda high so that's why all the digression and shit.

But yeah, this shit is communism; love the idea on paper, but the practical side didn't exactly live up.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:42 PM   #25
brodeezy

Quote:
Brodeezy, help a damned fool down on his luck. What have you seen lately that has had an impression on you? Hit me up with a battle or two. Something dope af.
u talkin PG dudes or u talkin stuff from RvV?

I GOTTA REP SO BIG

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Old 04-22-2015, 08:43 PM   #26
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Quote:
I'm definitely not! Freely admitted, I am being a qoq. Just seems like a while since I saw something that seemed great, rather than just good.

Recommend something?
Quote:
Old 04-22-2015, 08:46 PM   #27
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Haven't seen Chef vs Filiko tbh, but now that I think of it there was quite some buzz about it. Seen the others and they have their moments (Bam's grime round, mmmmm) but didn't leave me like:

Looking forward to this one, nice one!
Old 04-22-2015, 08:47 PM   #28
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Quote:
u talkin PG dudes or u talkin stuff from RvV?
Anything will do, but if you got some better stuff from the PGs I'll give that a look. Based on what I've seen of then so far the only one I'd try to watch again is Saga just based on some of the shit he was saying to Suge.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:55 PM   #29
god level

Cmon Riffic I know you can find more substantial battles than these.
Check out the Rap Grid {battles} section and look through the pages, hopefully it'll remind you of some really good battles. And the fact you didn't add a DOT battle there makes me feel sad.

/edit
Quote:
Oh shit! @god level you just reminded me. The concept for this event was fucking dope and I hope Smack does more concept-cards.

We need to let go of the cliff and plunge everlong into the abyss of "Professional Wrestling" comparisons, wrapping our flailing arms around the concept of kayfabe. Just, not scripted as such. Themed cards are the future, they provide a narrative to follow which can give the battles and bars even more impact.
Yeah there's definitely so much more great concept events to be done. Both Kotd/Grindtime-ish, Smack, Don't Flop can create grandiose or at least decent events that can be of so much quality, and continuous and be able to bridge gaps with in the culture FORSURE. I just had a convo with Jaze Juce about this, hopefully it'll bring back Hommy Hom

Last edited by god level; 04-22-2015 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:08 PM   #30
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by god level View Post
Cmon Riffic I know you can find more substantial battles than these.
Check out the Rap Grid {battles} section and look through the pages, hopefully it'll remind you of some really good battles. And the fact you didn't add a DOT battle there makes me feel sad.

/edit
lol I'm not sure what you mean by substantial but those are all wicked enjoyable. But yeah dots great
Quote:
Old 04-24-2015, 03:43 AM   #31
god level

Quote:
lol I'm not sure what you mean by substantial but those are all wicked enjoyable. But yeah dots great
You know what. That's true
But let's be real here people

When is The Saga and Jaz The Rapper gonna come out and say they're actually brother and sister? The resemblance is uncanny.