Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Hey No Coast guys, how was your event over the weekend?

Old 05-11-2015, 05:31 AM   #1
Laugh N' Stalk
Butt Sweat Brett

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Laugh N' Stalk is better than Grind Time AustraliaLaugh N' Stalk is better than Grind Time Australia
Hey No Coast guys, how was your event over the weekend?

The streets are begging for a recap.

@DrLaughNStalk on Twitter
Laugh N' Stalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 05:42 AM   #2
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
I actually either want to know, or want to see that DS vs JC dropped right away.
Either way Hollow 2-1
god level is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 05:46 AM   #3
I Love Multis

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I Love Multis probably likes in here/hair word play
How did The Vesh do? Was this the event with Carter Deems? Carter vs Diggy is a must at some point btw.
I Love Multis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 05:50 AM   #4
WillyRockBags

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
WillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time Australia
lol wth is this?... sounds like an advance is being made

"hey no coast boys... how was ur weekend... ive been thinkin about u a lot lately... when u gonna let me show u wut this boy muff do?"

wth?
WillyRockBags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 05:53 AM   #5
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1168 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
moar carter battles >>>>

who did he battle at this event?
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:54 AM   #6
Laugh N' Stalk
Butt Sweat Brett

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Laugh N' Stalk is better than Grind Time AustraliaLaugh N' Stalk is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyRockBags View Post
lol wth is this?... sounds like an advance is being made

"hey no coast boys... how was ur weekend... ive been thinkin about u a lot lately... when u gonna let me show u wut this boy muff do?"

wth?
Haha! Boy Muff?! Willy you are so freaking random I love it!

@DrLaughNStalk on Twitter
Laugh N' Stalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:11 PM   #7
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
I battled Carter and it was insane lol. You guys are gonna love it. By far the best I've ever done and Carter was in rare form. It was unbelievable.

Diggy and Joe was....joe had one of his best performances. Diggy said funny stuff and got really close to him a lot.

Reverse Live caught a body and snapped bad.

The Vesh vs Xqz was an absolute monster of a battle. So fucking good.

The rest of the undercards were great in various ways. Event was still pretty No Coast-ish despite the new location and me organizing it instead of the regular staff.

Crazy weekend. I booked two small venues and both were full and people had a blast. 8 or 9 of the 12 battles were really entertaining. Everyone showed up, I only lost a little money lmao and there was no fuckery. Overall it was probably one of the best no coast events ever

Last edited by Breakneck; 05-11-2015 at 04:17 PM.
Breakneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:27 PM   #8
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
Carter also participated in a freestyle tournament where he went 1-1. He had a few funny lines in that too. I got a few of our old local scribble jam prelim winner guys back out for it and romes won the final and the money and no coast chain.

There were a few spectacularly awkward moments. Leading ten rappers around the mall of America for their first time led to some interesting moments.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:44 PM   #9
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1168 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
glad to hear it went well bro!
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:10 PM   #10
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1452 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
can't wait for the carter, vesh/xqz, and reverse battles

keep no coast weird
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:25 PM   #11
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
can't wait for the carter, vesh/xqz, and reverse battles

keep no coast weird
In terms of keeping it weird I think if we do Diggy vs Carter like it seems people want to see, thats about as weird as it gets. We could probably get Carter a huge name if he ever wants to come back. When I booked him against me for this battle it was a long time ago, we had known each other since a few years ago and talked about it forever off and on so it was booked probably 6-8 months ago. We had no idea he'd be battling illmac, booked on DF multiple times, be in the KOTD GZGP, etc since then. Him vs Diggy would be great but Carter is legit a huge name now lol.

I want to book Tiger Ty but realistically is he trustworthy to show up? He's one of my favorites but lol its such a big risk.

Last edited by Breakneck; 05-11-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:33 PM   #12
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1452 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mage BTM View Post
In terms of keeping it weird I think if we do Diggy vs Carter like it seems people want to see, thats about as weird as it gets. We could probably get Carter a huge name if he ever wants to come back. When I booked him against me for this battle it was a long time ago, we had known each other since a few years ago and talked about it forever off and on so it was booked probably 6-8 months ago. We had no idea he'd be battling illmac, booked on DF multiple times, be in the KOTD GZGP, etc since then. Him vs Diggy would be great but Carter is legit a huge name now lol.

I want to book Tiger Ty but realistically is he trustworthy to show up? He's one of my favorites but lol its such a big risk.
if you guys could be the ones to book carter vs shuffle-t it would be incredible. 10 minute rounds minimum plz

i'm not sure what tiger's deal is tbh. judging entirely from his battle persona he's probably not the safest investment, but that matchup would be unreal as well

get xqz a good name too. he's legitimately dope. a non-expensive amazing matchup: xqz vs richard cranium
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:15 PM   #13
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
if you guys could be the ones to book carter vs shuffle-t it would be incredible. 10 minute rounds minimum plz

i'm not sure what tiger's deal is tbh. judging entirely from his battle persona he's probably not the safest investment, but that matchup would be unreal as well

get xqz a good name too. he's legitimately dope. a non-expensive amazing matchup: xqz vs richard cranium
Wow! Great suggestions! @XQZapproved

Last edited by Breakneck; 05-11-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:21 PM   #14
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by god level View Post
I actually either want to know, or want to see that DS vs JC dropped right away.
Either way Hollow 2-1

I think we're dropping that one first actually bro!
Old 05-11-2015, 07:22 PM   #15
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Carter Deems said " I've got a gun so big it shoots out a cat who's got a gun that shoots out cats"
Old 05-11-2015, 07:43 PM   #16
rocky
Contributor

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
can't wait for the footy

Carter Deems>>>>>>
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:04 PM   #17
XQZapproved
Battle Royale Participant

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
XQZapproved is a PY Poster
it took almost 6 years but I finally have a performance I'm truly happy with lol. Good thing too because Vesh had the crowd dying. Most fun and maybe closest battle I've been in.

Great weekend overall.

First the Dot Mobb break up, now everyday I wake up, somebody got a problem with Deetz
XQZapproved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:34 PM   #18
I Love Multis

I Love Multis probably likes in here/hair word play
I was really hoping XQZ would pull a Hollohan and put the title on the line vs Vesh. Glad it was a successful event. Good to see you guys have fully embraced your weirdness, it what makes your league unique. Would love to see Tantrum back out there.
I Love Multis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:44 PM   #19
aeroseth

aeroseth is not the worst person
What's the battles release dates?
Old 05-11-2015, 11:52 PM   #20
XQZapproved
Battle Royale Participant

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
XQZapproved is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Multis View Post
I was really hoping XQZ would pull a Hollohan and put the title on the line vs Vesh. Glad it was a successful event. Good to see you guys have fully embraced your weirdness, it what makes your league unique. Would love to see Tantrum back out there.
Haha I really did consider it and it would've made a great title match. Sort of wish I had but I also didn't wanna put Vesh on the spot like that. I'm not sure how often he even wants to battle.

First the Dot Mobb break up, now everyday I wake up, somebody got a problem with Deetz
XQZapproved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:54 PM   #21
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroseth View Post
What's the battles release dates?
Exactly what I was going to ask

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:31 AM   #22
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

I'll post them tomorrow