Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
The future of Battle Rap PPV

Old 03-02-2015, 02:04 PM   #1
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
The future of Battle Rap PPV

I remember a thread where i brought up the oculus as a very interesting concept for battle's in the future and now it seems these rigs and the tech that goes with it are starting to come to fruition as well as a lot of consumer friendly options for vr headsets.

Ideally a setup similar to above could sit in front of the stage in the right environment and you would get a 360 view as if you were literally front row at an event, hell in a few years you could do these "back to basics" type events for everything and just have an 80% virtual audience.

I'm well aware that this is still a few years away from being feasible for the culture with expenses, risk/reward and so on but as the adoption rate starts to sky rocket for VR headsets between oculus, morpheus, vive, and as an add-on to any smartphone going forward i think its absolutely realistic to believe we can be at Blackout 8 while taking a shit in our own bathrooms.

the article from engadget for those interested

http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/02/n...=rss_truncated
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:22 PM   #2
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Wow this is incredible. Thanks for the link Vape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:53 PM   #3
rocky
Contributor

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
i can't wait for the day when 3d sports broadcasts become an everyday thing. Someday the player's jerseys are going to have cameras small enough and powerful enough to be placed on their safety equipment or their uniforms, allowing for in-action content to be recorded as a possible viewing experience. Imagine watching the whole game from Lebron's point of view, when he dunks and gives some jabroni a facial?

Carter Deems>>>>>>
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:10 PM   #4
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
That would be so insane.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #5
Profess

Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by @VapeHop View Post

I remember a thread where i brought up the oculus as a very interesting concept for battle's in the future and now it seems these rigs and the tech that goes with it are starting to come to fruition as well as a lot of consumer friendly options for vr headsets.
We did talk about this in the technology section, but I believe you are mistaking because I started that thread.. maybe I am misunderstanding your citation tho.

Anyway, glad you are furthering the initial idea because the way investment is heading, yes this is the future... moreso than the hologram.
Profess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:23 PM   #6
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
yeah i tried finding the thread, i thought i brought it up in a thread about a battle rap game you were interested in coding or something
Old 03-02-2015, 04:29 PM   #7
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Pretty....pretty...pretty... pretty good.

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:44 PM   #8
Profess

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
yeah i tried finding the thread, i thought i brought it up in a thread about a battle rap game you were interested in coding or something
I tried to look it up too, but I'm not seeing the technology section.

We had conversed on a few threads in there, gaming and VR. Anyway, sounds like you are saying that people in a live crowd would wear this at an event. But why not be anywhere, where this, and feel like your at the event too.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:57 PM   #9
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

lol no people at the event wouldn't wear it.. im sayin wearin it will put you at the event.

"be at BlackOut 8 while taking a shit in your own bathroom"
Old 03-02-2015, 05:24 PM   #10
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 639 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
That tech looks amazing.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:38 PM   #11
Profess

Quote:
lol no people at the event wouldn't wear it.. im sayin wearin it will put you at the event.

Somebody crass could make a golden shower joke here because there are always issues with ppv streams.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:43 PM   #12
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1545 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
Quote:

Man if they hooked this up with some sort of hologram technology and I could have pat stay battling in my bathroom while i shit there is no amount I wouldn't pay for that ppv

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
KBomb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:09 PM   #13
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Wouldn't be a good investment for battle rap.

I think people overestimate the adoption of VR and the how much investments into technology like this will actually pay off/shift any kinds of paradigms, especially the costs and hurdles of wide spread adoption. Not to mention, it's intrinsically a single person experience with prohibitively high costs for a whole family to use it all at once or a whole group of people using it together, similar to 3D glasses. For battle rap especially, this would mean it'd shrink the PPV audience not grow it. Would people want to pay the same amount as a stage pass to be able to have the experience? Would people want to have a headset on for 9 hours so they don't miss anything, or realize that if they have anything else to do they can't have it just playing in the background like a PPV on a TV/computer could do?

6 RED camera rig for a PPV with a potentially smaller audience? How could that ever be a good investment or how could VR adoption be so huge that this would make sense? PPV hasn't even grown for normal options with setups that people already have with TVs, computers, tablets, phones. Just saying, pie in the sky dreams for the technology will not pan out.
JOBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:15 PM   #14
PillowCase
Banned

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
PillowCase is not the worst person
i feel sorry for anybody who would actually use this technology to watch a rap battle. lmfao.
PillowCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:16 PM   #15
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

i think you have no idea what you are talking about @JOBone
Old 03-02-2015, 08:23 PM   #16
PillowCase
Banned

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
PillowCase is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
Wouldn't be a good investment for battle rap.

I think people overestimate the adoption of VR and the how much investments into technology like this will actually pay off/shift any kinds of paradigms, especially the costs and hurdles of wide spread adoption. Not to mention, it's intrinsically a single person experience with prohibitively high costs for a whole family to use it all at once or a whole group of people using it together, similar to 3D glasses. For battle rap especially, this would mean it'd shrink the PPV audience not grow it. Would people want to pay the same amount as a stage pass to be able to have the experience? Would people want to have a headset on for 9 hours so they don't miss anything, or realize that if they have anything else to do they can't have it just playing in the background like a PPV on a TV/computer could do?

6 RED camera rig for a PPV with a potentially smaller audience? How could that ever be a good investment or how could VR adoption be so huge that this would make sense? PPV hasn't even grown for normal options with setups that people already have with TVs, computers, tablets, phones. Just saying, pie in the sky dreams for the technology will not pan out.
your points aren't valid.

the consumer prototype of the oculus rift will come out this fall/winter (or if problems occur early 2016) and is supposed to cost around 300-400 bucks.

most of you morons buy a xbox one or a ps4 and that's 100 bucks more expensive.

now if the oculus rift is a success, we will see a paradigm shift. (it will be a success) think about it. now the consumer slave can use this for entertainment in general. copy cat companies will spawn and the market will open up. around 2020 everybody will watch movies with the rift, tv, use the internet and so forth. of course the technology will improve too - meaning it will get smaller, have more functions etc.

so actually it would be wise to jump in now while it's still fresh to set a foot in the door. paying more in the beginning is pretty much a investment norm. you wouldn't limit your audience - you would expand. all you have to do is make it an option and not your primary focus.

anyway ... battle rap fell in a coma back in 2012 and now it's just waiting to die. so you do the math.
PillowCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:33 PM   #17
JOBone
Seasoned fan

JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
i think you have no idea what you are talking about @JOBone
lol you are the one who said people would be watching while taking a shit. The tech isn't like a tablet where you are just going to wear it around the house while you do other shit. They have just one camera currently for a PPV, with a few more for YouTube, and you are suggesting that buying/renting a rig with 5 more would ever be feasible.

It's simple math.

Take the potential PPV audience, subtract the people that won't bother to own a VR headset, subtract the people that have VR headsets but don't care to watch 9 hours of a PPV with a headset strapped to their head, subtract the people that would rather watch an event with friends, subtract people who get turned off by potential motion sickness, stream cutting out, poor internet connections (anything above one 480p stream seems difficult and you are suggesting several HD streams, if a full 360 stream would even be possible to live stream), or any other potential problems and you have hundreds, not thousands of potential customers who would have to make up the cost of more expensive equipment.

I don't know about you, but I'm not paying a hundred dollars to feel like I'm standing on stage in the same place where I can only pivot my head around on one axis. Might as well pay to travel to an event if feeling like you are standing there is that big of a deal.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:37 PM   #18
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
I'd spend a 100 for the experience with no regret as long as it functions like advertised!!!
GoldRaffleBojangles,SnowsCastleBojangles,QuoteSnap pleBojangles,ClothesNaturalBojangles,BrosBlackHole Bojangles,PulpedMangosBojangles,WroteDjangoBojangl es,SoakedFlannelBojangles,RogueAngelBojangles,Home NashvilleBojangles,CrowsHateLawsBojangles,ToveAvri lBojangles,ThrowShrapnelBojangles,GrossRainbowBoja ngles,NoRacialBojangles,RomeStatueBojangles
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:42 PM   #19
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Quote:
lol you are the one who said people would be watching while taking a shit. The tech isn't like a tablet where you are just going to wear it around the house while you do other shit. They have just one camera currently for a PPV, with a few more for YouTube, and you are suggesting that buying/renting a rig with 5 more would ever be feasible.

It's simple math.

Take the potential PPV audience, subtract the people that won't bother to own a VR headset, subtract the people that have VR headsets but don't care to watch 9 hours of a PPV with a headset strapped to their head, subtract the people that would rather watch an event with friends, subtract people who get turned off by potential motion sickness, stream cutting out, poor internet connections (anything above one 480p stream seems difficult and you are suggesting several HD streams, if a full 360 stream would even be possible to live stream), or any other potential problems and you have hundreds, not thousands of potential customers who would have to make up the cost of more expensive equipment.

I don't know about you, but I'm not paying a hundred dollars to feel like I'm standing on stage in the same place where I can only pivot my head around on one axis. Might as well pay to travel to an event if feeling like you are standing there is that big of a deal.
i get it.. you don't know what you don't know.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:46 PM   #20
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Quote:
i get it.. you don't know what you don't know.

On the bright side, when consumer VR headsets come out, you can block out the real world and live in your own fantasyland where an idea like this would be possible.

It's a win for everyone.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:48 PM   #21
Profess

Just because PPV's are mentioned, this technology doesn't have to be live. At least at first there is less chance of latency if a battle is watched after the fact. There is a good chance that VR's will have a youtube like app installed in them, or be able to be accessed thru the brains of the device ie the Note 4 for the Samsung model. The hotel and tourism industry are already using this technology for for live destination tours.. the 360 multi direction feel is aquired via the likes of drones and go pros in addition to standard 4k equiptment.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:32 PM   #22
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Quote:
On the bright side, when consumer VR headsets come out, you can block out the real world and live in your own fantasyland where an idea like this would be possible.

It's a win for everyone.
whats not possible tho? I mean everything you've said on the topic has been uninformed or just lacking the knowledge of how fast expensive production tech becomes economically viable. I remember when the red one was like 30 g's and then 2 yrs later it was down to 4 grand just to keep pace with the undercutting competition.

and as far as "overestimating the adoption rate" if you currently have a fairly new smartphone and 5 dollar cardboard cutout you're pretty much good to go.
because as much as oculus/morpheus will have a huge install base its really about cellphones for entry level consumer adoption.

for instance

-all the flagship phones at MWC had VR headsets announced alongside them including the new samsung galaxy s6.

-htc just announced their headset made in partnership with valve

-all LG g3's purchased from now on come with a vr headset FREE.

-apple just won its patent that it applied for in 2008 which means they've been looking at this since the iphone 3g

and yeah 6 red cams sounds ridiculous (it wouldn't have to be red). but a few years ago battles being filmed on 1 red and having live ppv's for every card were just as ridiculous. Pat vs Charron droppin in 4k tonight!

i guarantee by mid 2017 VR broadcasts will hit a sizable user base in some form.

by 2019 it'll be 100% feasible to have a cost efficient way to do so for battling.

and sure you can throw a buncha half assed what ifs and even say battling might not even be around in 4 yrs but the thread implied this is where it could absolutely be in that time and nothing more.

bang bang debbie downer!

Old 03-02-2015, 09:58 PM   #23
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Quote:
whats not possible tho? I mean everything you've said on the topic has been uninformed or just lacking the knowledge of how fast expensive production tech becomes economically viable. I remember when the red one was like 30 g's and then 2 yrs later it was down to 4 grand just to keep pace with the undercutting competition.

and as far as "overestimating the adoption rate" if you currently have a fairly new smartphone and 5 dollar cardboard cutout you're pretty much good to go.
because as much as oculus/morpheus will have a huge install base its really about cellphones for entry level consumer adoption.

for instance

-all the flagship phones at MWC had VR headsets announced alongside them including the new samsung galaxy s6.

-htc just announced their headset made in partnership with valve

-all LG g3's purchased from now on come with a vr headset FREE.

-apple just won its patent that it applied for in 2008 which means they've been looking at this since the iphone 3g

and yeah 6 red cams sounds ridiculous (it wouldn't have to be red). but a few years ago battles being filmed on 1 red and having live ppv's for every card were just as ridiculous. Pat vs Charron droppin in 4k tonight!

i guarantee by mid 2017 VR broadcasts will hit a sizable user base in some form.

by 2019 it'll be 100% feasible to have a cost efficient way to do so for battling.

and sure you can throw a buncha half assed what ifs and even say battling might not even be around in 4 yrs but the thread implied this is where it could absolutely be in that time and nothing more.

bang bang debbie downer!

Sorry but Cardboard and plastic smartphone "headsets" are the epitome of these companies trying to jump on a fad bandwagon with little risk involved. Obviously a smart phone with one flat screen and whatever built in gyros is not the same as a a specialized headset with proper tracking, speakers and screens for eye with the correct offset for a natural field of view. Strapping a smartphone to my face doesn't sound like the future, it sounds like a future for people who want to look like a tool.

I didn't ever say it wasn't possible, I said it wasn't feasible and it's not. By the time 2019 roles around when the tech is becoming more affordable and widely adopted as you predict, the buzz will already be cooling as soon as all the mainstream people realize that their dreams of the Matrix and Lawnmower Man VR aren't as practical as they were lead to believe.

I think VR is cool. I've always been interested in the tech since I was a kid and have been following along with developments, especially due to gaming, and I feel like it's the same as any other cool technology with potential, except that there are too many people out there, not just fans of the tech but corporations, attempting to cash in quick off the hype by selling dreams. I could be wrong, since I was wrong about tablets catching on or iPods, but then again that was more about Apple's marketing than the tech (and the price point) itself. I just see it burning out quick, not the market for headsets and plastic cases for phones necessarily, but the companies willing to invest in camera rigs and developing games with the tech in mind. I just see it's actual, practical use being way more niche than it seems people want to admit.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:12 PM   #24
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

i was disappointed by virtual boy too homie.

its time to let it go tho.

and the whole cellphone thing being a cash in on a fad on the surface could seem to be exactly that but they are marketing this as sort of a prototype still and its being made in full partnership with oculus so its potential will continue to grow.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:16 PM   #25
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
Will I be able to pick up smells and scents at the events with this??? I really am lookin for the true live experience!!!
GoldRaffleBojangles,SnowsCastleBojangles,QuoteSnap pleBojangles,ClothesNaturalBojangles,BrosBlackHole Bojangles,PulpedMangosBojangles,WroteDjangoBojangl es,SoakedFlannelBojangles,RogueAngelBojangles,Home NashvilleBojangles,CrowsHateLawsBojangles,ToveAvri lBojangles,ThrowShrapnelBojangles,GrossRainbowBoja ngles,NoRacialBojangles,RomeStatueBojangles
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:20 PM   #26
TheTribunal
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
TheTribunal is a PY Poster
Quote:

I imagine that backfiring somehow and everybody at the event would end up watching me taking a shit.
TheTribunal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:52 PM   #27
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Quote:
i was disappointed by virtual boy too homie.

its time to let it go tho.

and the whole cellphone thing being a cash in on a fad on the surface could seem to be exactly that but they are marketing this as sort of a prototype still and its being made in full partnership with oculus so its potential will continue to grow.

lol Virtual Boy was always garbage. It would have taken more than monochrome red 2D sprites with 3d parallax layers for me to be excited about that. It wasn't even a headset, it was a pair of goggles on a tripod with a wired controller, but honestly gaming hasn't come all that far from that in controls since then, even with motion controls.

I mean could you imagine being strapped into those cringe worthy "treadmills" in your living room while you "run"...er, slide around in a virtual world? I'm sure you could because you probably already helped kickstart a product like that which won't even get supported, if it ever even gets a commercial release.

That video you posted looks better than some other prototypes I've seen other companies make, but then again I haven't seen anything that came out of CES this year.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:38 AM   #28
DonnyOni
Cleto Reyes Gloves

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
DonnyOni is better than Grind Time AntarcticaDonnyOni is better than Grind Time AntarcticaDonnyOni is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
That video you posted looks better than some other prototypes I've seen other companies make, but then again I haven't seen anything that came out of CES this year.
Alki David changing the/another game yet again

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/8/751...ay-is-terrible

But seriously s6 would work well for vr, dat 4k screen.

And if you haven't see this yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aThCr0PsyuA

Htc and valve has a partnership to make one just announced yesterday too.
DonnyOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:11 PM   #29
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

gopro's could make for a good 2d experiment.

have this in front of the "stage" between the 2 battlers, parallel to the host

and release it independant of the official battle footage and see how it plays,

the end product would look something like this where you can move the angle around and pick and choose what you wanna see..

https://youtu.be/pMBDA-Our4w (cant embed with direction keys)

gives fans the option to watch someones reaction game instead of the person rapping or just watch the crowd the whole time to know what bars people were reacting too.

even in a non-VR 2d format i think it would be interesting as fuck
Old 05-28-2015, 12:13 PM   #30
phoenix

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
phoenix is not the worst person
@AVOCADO you like this idea?
phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:49 PM   #31
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Quote:
gopro's could make for a good 2d experiment.

have this in front of the "stage" between the 2 battlers, parallel to the host

and release it independant of the official battle footage and see how it plays,

the end product would look something like this where you can move the angle around and pick and choose what you wanna see..

https://youtu.be/pMBDA-Our4w (cant embed with direction keys)

gives fans the option to watch someones reaction game instead of the person rapping or just watch the crowd the whole time to know what bars people were reacting too.

even in a non-VR 2d format i think it would be interesting as fuck
Intrmesting
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 01:55 PM   #32
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

just saw this video from the lion king on broadway using that gopro rig. I think it definitely shows how dope this would be for battle rap. even without VR and using the panning controls it would make battles much more immersive.

i dont know how to embed it with the 360 panning so click the youtube link.

this would also bring in a lot more views based on rewatching to see the crowd reactions or a battler/hypemen reaction that was missed on the footage. polarizing shit that gets talked about to death like Diz vs Gjonaj would probably spark so much additional convo topics.

i by no means think whats available now is perfect but even its an extreme infancy on a consumer level it demonstrates nothing but potential. also what better way to reach a new audience then to be one of the scarce providers of content in a developing market thats already in your wheelhouse.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:24 PM   #33
SpecialOh

SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Quote:
just saw this video from the lion king on broadway using that gopro rig. I think it definitely shows how dope this would be for battle rap. even without VR and using the panning controls it would make battles much more immersive.

i dont know how to embed it with the 360 panning so click the youtube link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T57kzGQGto

this would also bring in a lot more views based on rewatching to see the crowd reactions or a battler/hypemen reaction that was missed on the footage. polarizing shit that gets talked about to death like Diz vs Gjonaj would probably spark so much additional convo topics.

i by no means think whats available now is perfect but even its an extreme infancy on a consumer level it demonstrates nothing but potential. also what better way to reach a new audience then to be one of the scarce providers of content in a developing market thats already in your wheelhouse.

this has been done
Old 11-19-2015, 02:24 PM   #34
SpecialOh

dont ask me who its one of those small time shit league owners on here who spams his shit

its cool to check out once, not gonna be good idea for big leagues unless that way of viewing videos gets popular. lots of popular youtubers trying it and its neat but not worth it

edit: found it (its hard)

cant tell if shit rig or if they placed on a big table

Last edited by SpecialOh; 11-19-2015 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:00 PM   #35
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post

its cool to check out once, not gonna be good idea for big leagues unless that way of viewing videos gets popular. lots of popular youtubers trying it and its neat but not worth it

oh shit.. ha thats dope that theres an example of it.

my takeaways

- says 1080p but clearly not. i dont know what kinda cameras they have mounted but the clarity was dogshit compared to that lion king video, maybe this system cuts the quality which makes 4k necessary to maintain an HD image.

- really terrible viewing angle chosen. too close, too low, and really a terrible atmosphere for battling in general.

all those glaring weaknesses seem very easy to fix, and events with actual lighting setups and umm crowds would warrant a reason to look around and immerse yourself.

definitely NOT a viable replacement to a properly edited multi-cam setup but it can certainly have a place in battle rap in the future.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:25 PM   #36
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1168 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
@AVOCADO you like this idea?
tbh i find it really interesting and am open to exporing the option BUT there are a lot of other things I want to improve up on the ppv before going in this direction.
AVOCADO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:57 PM   #37
Tittyfuckin
I've got a pretty mouth

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tittyfuckin is not the worst person
Quote:

I'm well aware that this is still a few years away from being feasible for the culture with expenses
A lot of people scanned over this line and missed it I think. I think we'll end up with 360 degree cameras at most events, it's just when.

Quote:

It's a win for everyone.

You're so off the mark.
Tittyfuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:07 PM   #38
r3flex

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
r3flex is not the worst person
Seen a 360 rap battle before, I think. On YouTube
r3flex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:17 PM   #39
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Anti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time Antarctica
So erect. +rep for the non-standard thread, techporn and other things idk.
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:55 PM   #40
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
is this really worth the investment for the tech teams? sure, it's a cool idea, but why would we need it? to watch the crowd watching the battlers?
peace is online now   Reply With Quote