Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Battle rap wack pack

Old 07-08-2015, 03:17 AM   #1
Profess

Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Battle rap wack pack

With the emergence of @Luke as a quasi serious journalist and @LoganFromCanada getting some substantial shine on the DBD Show, a legitimate question comes to mind. What Battle Rap fans from this site would add value, albeit comedic, if standing in a prominent audience position during a battle?

Last edited by Profess; 07-08-2015 at 04:01 AM.
Profess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:11 AM   #2
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
I believe Luke's just doing the buzzfeed type videos for battle rap (hopefully gets the production up so it can be a bit watchable) doing ground work, that isn't 100% accurate most likely, but is adding to the lake of battle rap culture soon to be an ocean. At least there's some direction with his sake.

As for Logan, why not? He's like a otbva-esque type of character. Spices things up but we know it's majorly bs since hes a subculture of a subculture's character. That's like referencing a tv show. This site already has quite a bit of these here. They're not like an NWX of a forum.. Unless you see it that way.. Are you Math Hoffa or Dizaster? Are you angry? I understand my friend

But I mean it's cool, I'ma stop Professir
god level is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:31 AM   #3
Profess

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by god level View Post
I believe Luke's just doing the buzzfeed type videos for battle rap (hopefully gets the production up so it can be a bit watchable) doing ground work, that isn't 100% accurate most likely, but is adding to the lake of battle rap culture soon to be an ocean. At least there's some direction with his sake.

As for Logan, why not? He's like a otbva-esque type of character. Spices things up but we know it's majorly bs since hes a subculture of a subculture's character. That's like referencing a tv show. This site already has quite a bit of these here. They're not like an NWX of a forum.. Unless you see it that way.. Are you Math Hoffa or Dizaster? Are you angry? I understand my friend

But I mean it's cool, I'ma stop Professir
If you are saying that Luke and Logan are cut from different cloths then I agree with you. One catalogs Hitman's remixes and the other claims to be Skylar G's son.

You said that this site does have Wack Pack characters, so ok who?

I don't see said characters as being part of a unit, but that is an interesting idea. Also, I have never consciously personally identified with a battler.

Sure sometimes I can get angry, who doesn't?
Old 07-08-2015, 04:38 AM   #4
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Just wait until some of the Don't Flop DC joints drop. I have some, um..."interesting" reactions. Not sure how many of them you'll see or hear on cam, but I definitely did my fair share of geeking out. Only one I can remember off top is my blurting out "get 'em a juice box!" during the E Farrell battle.

Last edited by Gopher D'Gusto; 07-08-2015 at 04:40 AM.
Gopher D'Gusto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:43 AM   #5
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
Just wait until some of the Don't Flop DC joints drop. I have some, um..."interesting" reactions. Not sure how many of them you'll see or hear on cam, but I definitely did my fair share of geeking out. Only one I can remember off top is my blurting out "get 'em a juice box!" during the E Farrell battle.
That's what's up Gopher! Sounds like good .gif material. take this +rep
Old 07-08-2015, 04:51 AM   #6
Profess

Quote:
And Erik, if you're reading this, you're the original "Luke" or w.e the fuck. So keep that in mind.
What did you mean by that?
Old 07-08-2015, 05:33 AM   #7
god level

god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
What did you mean by that?
Erik has potential to solidify his stamp in the culture but just isn't making the right moves -and he's laid down some ground work, at least more exposure to people like myself who'd look for battles. By the original Luke I meant as a reference to him pushing the culture whether it be putting videos up of battles or videos of battles. Either way don't trip don't take what I say in a salty way I just play devil's advocate cause god level. My bad mcgee, I'd even smoke with you unless you have syphillis, I just love battle rap
god level is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:45 AM   #8
Profess

Quote:
Erik has potential to solidify his stamp in the culture but just isn't making the right moves -and he's laid down some ground work, at least more exposure to people like myself who'd look for battles. By the original Luke I meant as a reference to him pushing the culture whether it be putting videos up of battles or videos of battles. Either way don't trip don't take what I say in a salty way I just play devil's advocate cause god level. My bad mcgee, I'd even smoke with you unless you have syphillis, I just love battle rap
Don't flatter yourself, insinuating that I am mad at you makes you sound like a goof. Anyway, you said something about not gassing Erik up to do more battles, and I liked seeing him in that battle with Step Easy.. for the same reason I liked seeing Luke in the background of those basement videos. In other words, Erick could be a solid addition to the wack pack so to speak, but I deleted him from the list out of respect.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:02 AM   #9
Nikolas34520

Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
Luke is very informative especially with his latest videos. He has awesome videos covering almost every aspect of the culture and the deffinition of a genuine battle rap fan. Logan is a laugh riot and is very creative lately with his impersonations and fascination of Skyler G though he is childish and immature, he has quite the imagination and sense of humor. at least they support the culture and contribute positivity unlike those that don't need to be mentioned that try to or have exploited the culture for their own personal gains. there's more bullshit out there to actually be pissed off about than to be picking on easy targets.
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:08 AM   #10
Z-Tay
Banned

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Z-Tay probably likes in here/hair word play
Quote:
getting some substantial shine on the DBD Show
Z-Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:12 AM   #11
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas34520 View Post
Luke is very informative especially with his latest videos. He has awesome videos covering almost every aspect of the culture and the deffinition of a genuine battle rap fan. Logan is a laugh riot and is very creative lately with his impersonations and fascination of Skyler G though he is childish and immature, he has quite the imagination and sense of humor. at least they support the culture and contribute positivity unlike those that don't need to be mentioned that try to or have exploited the culture for their own personal gains. there's more bullshit out there to actually be pissed off about than to be picking on easy targets.
That's an interesting perspective, but you might want to lighten up a bit. One way to look at the post is that I think both guys are awesome and should keep doing what they are doing. Another way, the glass is half empty way is to say that I am picking on them. But lets be real, they are both a bit over the top... like @god level states, even Erik F was like that in the past.. if I am understanding him correctly. You are right that I am not looking to bring shine to negativity. That said, I understand your opinion and see where you are coming from.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:13 AM   #12
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
ive been working on a battle rap entertainment youtube series about luke before luke started his videos. expected drop time is before wd
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:14 AM   #13
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Tay View Post
Somebody musta missed the best of Logan video.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:33 AM   #14
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
ive been working on a battle rap entertainment youtube series about luke before luke started his videos. expected drop time is before wd
That rings a bell.. but not sure..

Some cartoon pictures with a photo of Luke's face are popping into mind.

What are the details of that, or do we have to wait?

@Vanilla who is more likable Gully TK or Luke?
Old 07-08-2015, 06:43 AM   #15
Nikolas34520

Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
That's an interesting perspective, but you might want to lighten up a bit. One way to look at the post is that I think both guys are awesome and should keep doing what they are doing. Another way, the glass is half empty way is to say that I am picking on them. But lets be real, they are both a bit over the top... like @god level states, even Erik F was like that in the past.. if I am understanding him correctly. You are right that I am not looking to bring shine to negativity. That said, I understand your opinion and see where you are coming from.
Thanks for keeping an open mind and responding coherently, unlike certain people that I don't care to name cuz that's a waste of time. I agree they need to keep things to a certain level between entertaining and funny/ corny and stupid. but everyone needs a balance in everything in life. I can't comment on God Level and Erik F cuz IDK who they are, I need to be filled in cuz the only God Level and Eric F I know is that shit Kanye song and the one that chills with Hyde, Kelso, and Fez. I'm not trying to go all Charron on you by "your picking on them" like trying standing up to the bully type shit but There's worse out there, we don't want battle rap to be a bunch wannabe Illuminati puppets and/or scumbags/dumbasses subconsciously progressing the NWO agenda. we need not only to correct the course and generate actually progress to Hip Hop as a culture but also humanity as a whole.
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:02 AM   #16
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas34520 View Post
Thanks for keeping an open mind and responding coherently, unlike certain people that I don't care to name cuz that's a waste of time. I agree they need to keep things to a certain level between entertaining and funny/ corny and stupid. but everyone needs a balance in everything in life. I can't comment on God Level and Erik F cuz IDK who they are, I need to be filled in cuz the only God Level and Eric F I know is that shit Kanye song and the one that chills with Hyde, Kelso, and Fez. I'm not trying to go all Charron on you by "your picking on them" like trying standing up to the bully type shit but There's worse out there, we don't want battle rap to be a bunch wannabe Illuminati puppets and/or scumbags/dumbasses subconsciously progressing the NWO agenda. we need not only to correct the course and generate actually progress to Hip Hop as a culture but also humanity as a whole.
My pleasure, and thanks for keeping the dialogue going.

God level is someone that I only know of because he posted earlier in this thread, and Erik F is Erik Foreman (the guy that owns this site)

I found god level's post cryptic and wound up searching where he had been mentioned in the past and he had had an exchange with Erik. In summary it sounded like he was saying that he respected Erik but as a battler he is wack so people shouldn't gas him... and also that Erik is the original Luke. Anyway, that comment supports that Luke may be headed for bigger things in battle rap.

There are many ways to keep the culture moving forward. The first is having quality battles but the meta stuff helps too. Be it commendatory on commentary on commentary, or making interesting questions queryable.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:52 AM   #17
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 829 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
a quasi serious journalist? he makes good compilation videos but he cannot talk normally, thus hurting his journalism career
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:37 PM   #18
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
a quasi serious journalist? he makes good compilation videos but he cannot talk normally, thus hurting his journalism career
Hahahahaha. Luke> tho
Old 07-08-2015, 01:43 PM   #19
Casual

Mentioned: 450 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
so meta
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:36 PM   #20
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Seanzo face was right in between math and diz punch

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #21
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post

@Seanzo

Last edited by Profess; 07-08-2015 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:40 PM   #22
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
Glad you brought that up, he is serious, it was misleading that I wrote it like that thanks. I've seen him do reporting in addition to compilation vids. What do you mean he can't talk normally?
Old 07-08-2015, 07:49 PM   #23
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2889 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
God damn am I ever handsome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:51 PM   #24
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1278 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
I guess I never thought of myself having to solidify myself in battle rap tbh. I've been around as long as anyone and contributed as much as I can, but it's never to "solidify" my spot.

I should probably consider your suggestion if I'm still somehow disposable
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:24 PM   #25
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 829 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
I guess I never thought of myself having to solidify myself in battle rap tbh. I've been around as long as anyone and contributed as much as I can, but it's never to "solidify" my spot.

I should probably consider your suggestion if I'm still somehow disposable
dude says some really out of the blue type shit sometimes, i wouldnt pay no mind to it
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:24 AM   #26
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Mentioned: 729 Post(s)
Vanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
That rings a bell.. but not sure..

Some cartoon pictures with a photo of Luke's face are popping into mind.

What are the details of that, or do we have to wait?

@Vanilla who is more likable Gully TK or Luke?
Thats a tough one...

but by a slim margin, I'll say Luke

Only because he's provided value (ie. battle event live tweets, videos, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganikHipHop View Post
after all of this.. yall will still call us hill billys downplay our role and our history... but it aint gonna change shit
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
top 5 woat thread