Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Gorilla Warfare: The Crown 2 Recap (Part 2 UP NOW)

Old 11-23-2015, 06:50 AM   #1
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Gorilla Warfare: The Crown 2 Recap (Part 2 UP NOW)

aight so here's a quick recap of the event from what i saw

Doors were at 1, battles started at like 4. event is in Markham, which is like 35 minutes south of chicago. venue is Adrianna's, a decent sized club. theres an upstairs balcony with a bar and place to order food in the back. they had bottle service and girls in booty shorts delivering alcohol to people. i don't think the event sold out but the crowd was pretty decent sized. a lot of battlers that weren't on the card were in attendance, including Hollow Da Don, Conceited, Calicoe, Hitman, Chilla Jones, DNA, Danja Zone, Oops, Ty Law, and a a handful of others. Everyone showed up and battle on the card went down.

first battle of the night- gunnz vs steve staples
i had never heard of either of these guys before, and for the first battle of the night it was actually pretty heated. gunnz got to the stage mad early and was just standing around looking really angry and talking shit, but steve staples didn't really have crazy presence but he had a handful of pretty good lines and took the battle pretty easily imo. both of them brought big crews on stage with them who were all talking shit to each other. it was surprisingly entertaining. staples 2-1 or 3-0

xcel vs heavy half
had never heard of heavy half before this event but he was good. he's kind of like the midwest suge. he had good presence and delivery, and some good 'real talk' bars, but a lot of mic issues were happening with him and it stopped him from ever getting a lot of momentum. on top of that, Xcel performed really well and was writing on a higher level. Xcel delivered a lot of complex lines on a big stage and still was landing a lot of punches. he got the battle 3-0, but heavy half was good enough that i'll watch his next battle

jc vs born
JC went first and his first round was crazy, and pretty much set the tone for the battle. I haven't been paying attention to JC lately but this was the best I've seen him in a long time. In the first and second, Born couldn't really match JC's performance, and even though his bars were nice, he was clearly losing. If it was a small room, the battle would appear a lot closer, but JC just clearly had the advantage over Born on stage in a big room. In the 3rd though, Born came with the round of the battle to me, and really saved himself from getting killed. So, JC beat Born 2-1, but Born had the best round overall.

john john vs young cannon
i thought john john would win easily but kannon came with some shit and john john seemed light. he's got tay roc coming up so maybe he was more focused on that. they both had some ok stuff, i'd give the battle to kannon 2-1. he didn't rap forever like he usually does and his material actually had a decent amount of punches.

part 2 coming soon
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:46 PM   #2
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Bout to get high and read
As always, forum posters, thank you for the written recaps
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:55 PM   #3
justin0

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
justin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by god level View Post
Bout to get high
>6:46am
justin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 03:27 PM   #4
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
"Steve Staples" sounds like a name willy would have made up
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 03:36 PM   #5
Prelec
Battlerapper

Mentioned: 714 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
Yeah because its 6:46am everywhere ramirite guys
Old 11-23-2015, 03:40 PM   #6
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
"Steve Staples" sounds like a name willy would have made up
was just about to ask how @Jeff Amigo did

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 04:16 PM   #7
JShazo

Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
JShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time Antarctica
how could you think JJDD would beat YK easily
Old 11-23-2015, 04:17 PM   #8
god level

god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
T'was 8:46am my time I believe. Been high now.. got caught up w shit, still haven't read yet. Will read now /bump

/edit: didn't know it wasn't a full recap yet, will read later.

Last edited by god level; 11-23-2015 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:15 PM   #9
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by JShazo View Post
how could you think JJDD would beat YK easily
YK is usually incredibly light to me and even compared to jjdd his material is usually not that original. he also usually raps for wayyyyyy too long and defines spazzing without saying anything
Old 11-23-2015, 06:29 PM   #10
JShazo

Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
JShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
YK is usually incredibly light to me and even compared to jjdd his material is usually not that original. he also usually raps for wayyyyyy too long and defines spazzing without saying anything
fair enough, yk dope to me imo, i had em winning 2-1 (prediction) but we'll see once that footage drop

Old 11-23-2015, 07:05 PM   #11
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1168 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
thanks maple looking forward to part 2
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:42 PM   #12
GoldenFlamez
That Nigga

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
GoldenFlamez is not the worst person
Quote:
First time i gotta disagree with you, kannon be killing niggas. He has a lot of clear wins just not enough url moments. And idk what u mean by he spazzes without saying anything when he mixes personals with punches very well and raps his ass off. I just think you don't care for his style in general which is cool lol
GoldenFlamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:52 PM   #13
Coldcat206

Coldcat206 is not the worst person
Yk is actually one of my favorites @mapleleaf ...I have told this to @AVOCADO before and he was surprised as well. I wouldn't say he is the best but he is one of my personally favorites...I would compare him to how D-lor was back in the GT days for me...he was in my top 3 favorites to watch but I would never say he was in the category for being the best
Coldcat206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:06 AM   #14
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1452 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
@mapleleaf streets are fiending for the sequel
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:12 AM   #15
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
@mapleleaf streets are fiending for the sequel
part 2 coming tonight! maybe an hour or so
Old 11-24-2015, 01:54 AM   #16
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

yo should I post a new thread for part2 or just add it to this
Old 11-24-2015, 02:21 AM   #17
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
either way bro
I just.. NEED DAT
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:24 AM   #18
justin0

justin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICE
will part2 be out before the youtube release
Old 11-24-2015, 05:47 AM   #19
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 829 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
need part 2 @mapleleaf
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:12 AM   #20
Wolfpac187
OTBVA's Tech Nines Bodyba

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Wolfpac187 is better than Grind Time AustraliaWolfpac187 is better than Grind Time Australia
Hurry the fuck up...

Please
Old 11-24-2015, 08:13 PM   #21
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

okok I wrote it up gonna post when I get home from work
Old 11-24-2015, 10:04 PM   #22
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
yo should I post a new thread for part2 or just add it to this
Just throw it in hear, to keep the conversation going on in one place.
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:24 AM   #23
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
can't wait for part 2. gonna spark a blunt with my boys and read it together. try and fit some quotes in if ya can mapes
irvsykeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:07 AM   #24
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ROUND 2 ITS ON GROWN MAN DA KID LETS GOOOOO

next up was DAYLYT vs O-RED: I've never seen O-Red do so well on a stage before, or maybe even in any battle period. The Rosenburg Raw battle is classic to me, but he really may have topped it here. He had a ton of heat and a pretty much flawless performance as far as getting his bars off, delivery, and momentum. If you were wondering, daylyt didn't do any gimmicks and RAPPED the entire time. He didn't have any thing on the level of 'I'm a little teapot' or 'rock paper scissors', but he may have had the biggest reaction of the battle in a line where he called sammy wild 100's a tranny. it was set up and delivered well, and sammy is a local so i guess the crowd really ate it up. it was pretty random too. he also said something to the effect of 'Last time I was here vs Verb, i said i got a crack rock SO BIG... young ill tried to drag it home, well now I'm here again too/ and i brought a crack rock SO BIG... young ill came to the venue!" *daylyt points to the back of the room and young ill is standing there* it was pretty funny. He also said "I got a team full of animals... I am starfox!" which got a ton of reaction in the venue but myself and a handful of people just looked at each other confused, because fresco had said it 2 weeks prior at an event that daylyt battled at. Day took his 3rd round to do a 'real talk' round and called it the 'sequel to his 3rd vs oops'... it was heartfelt but didn't really go with the vibe of the battle as Red was swinging and punching HEAVY. i thought overall it was one of daylyts weaker 'just rapping' performances (keep in mind I'm not really a huge fan of them in general), and O Red was wilding so i give the battle to O Red 3-0 pretty comfortably.

ill will vs k shine was up next, but was helping out chris from battlerap.com and we grabbed day for an interview right after and it went into the beginning of this battle. I heard the crowd going CRAZY in the beginning though. I only caught K Shines third which was pretty terrible. he choked, freestyled about how he doesn't ever freestyle but how he's gonna do it now... then dragged DNA into the ring to rescue him as DNA freestyled into the wireless mic that was taped to k shines shirt. it was a mess. but the first 2 rounds of the battle sounded like they were crazy tbh.

MATH HOFFA vs BIGG K was next
This was my pick for battle of the night. Math was REALLY dope but i'll be honest I can't remember any quotables or angles from him, but it was a classic 'great math' performance where he mixed a lot of real talk in with punchlines and jokes. K on the other hand, i remember a ton from. His first round was a lot of his classic style, where he just went punchline after punchline, and it was dope, but didn't seem that effective vs math's more well rounded approach. K's second round he spent most of it trying to do a 'funny' angle about how Math used to eat bonnie godivas ass. He called him "Math Hoffa da ass gobbler" which is fucking hilarious.

K's third round was probably the top round of the event IMO as it was mostly about the Math vs Diz fight, and he did it without overplaying a stale topic, because he mostly talked about how Math and himself were really cool before the fight happened, but then after the fight, they had a falling out because K didn't have his back. K went on about how by the time the fight happened, he was walking the beach in LA smoking a blunt, and wasn't even at the event to have Math's back. "Ever since that fight our conversations been HELLA short/ like you staying mad at me cause i couldn't teleport"... then he went in about how Math asked him to stop fucking with KOTD after the fight, but how when URL did K dirty, math didn't have his back, and how K wouldn't ask him to stop fucking with URL for that reason. Went on about the fight and how MATH got his name and rep from hitting people, and how it was funny till it happened to him. Then he had some shit like "If you ain't want him to hit you, why'd you tell him to do it... THREE TIMES", while K was spitting all this, Math had that smug Math smile on his face and K dropped "THIS IS HOW BROOKLYN DO, OVERTIME I LOOK AT YOU, I SEE THE SAME FACE YOU MADE WHEN DIZASTER STARTED HOOKIN YOU" and the crowd exploded. As soon as the battle ended Math said some shit to K and K flipped out at Math and it looked like they were about to fight on stage. It seems like Math implied that K had never reached out to math after the fight with diz and K took offense and said he had actually tried a bunch. K was yelling "ON MY MOMMA, I CALLED YOU, I AIN'T LYIN, I'M NOT A SUCKA"... They had to be broken up by security but nothing happened in the end. Honestly i gotta wait for this on cam... I could call math actually edging round 1 and 2 because K's first he didn't seem that comfortable and didn't get the crowd into it much, and his 2nd was a little too 'jokey' over something that's not even that embarrassing. K's third though was the best of the battle. Only round I'd for sure give was K taking the third. Other two are gonna come off as preference.

aight aight aight part THREE with BIG KANNON VS CHARLIE CLIPS, LADY LUCK VS OFFICIAL, and AYE VERB VS TSU SURF coming up NEXT
@mike rigs @riffic @justin0 @AVOCADO @JShazo @Coldcat206 @god level @Abstrakt @Neanderthol @GoldenFlamez
Old 11-25-2015, 03:28 AM   #25
god level

Thoroughly enjoyed the context of the Bigg K vs Math shit as both are good subject specimen of this culture. The rest were pretty legit, even though I feel there's a ton subtle shit that went on. All the people included, pretty good no one got into a fight. Daylyt, Math. O Red getting respect points is always cute too. Tasteful narrative so far

/edit: I should've went to this event, its sounding like an earthquake. I currently reside in the Chicagoland area watched BR for hella years now and never went to an event once. Will save it for a Head Ice vs Ogmios or Nils vs Hollow in Chicago or some miracle shit

Last edited by god level; 11-25-2015 at 03:38 AM.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:32 AM   #26
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

SIDE STORY time

Hollow was at the event. I had met him previously at BOTB5 where he battled pass and at BOLA3 where he battled Okwerdz. I walked up to Hollow and he recognized me which was funny and mentioned how he still thinks BOTB5 is the best battle event ever (or one of) which was dope. He also asked "weren't you friends with that troll from seattle" @irvsykeg LOL
Old 11-25-2015, 03:43 AM   #27
WallaceBread
Shit like that

Mentioned: 215 Post(s)
WallaceBread is better than Grind Time AustraliaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time AustraliaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time Australia
Wow part 2 is fire
WallaceBread is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 04:02 AM   #28
justin0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallaceBread View Post
Wow part 2 is fire
true story!!!!
Old 11-25-2015, 04:17 AM   #29
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1452 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
@mapleleaf 3-0
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 04:52 AM   #30
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Great recap so far.

Keep em coming.

Might have to get this PPV.

Last edited by JOBone; 11-25-2015 at 04:55 AM.
JOBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:03 AM   #31
irvsykeg

Quote:
SIDE STORY time

Hollow was at the event. I had met him previously at BOTB5 where he battled pass and at BOLA3 where he battled Okwerdz. I walked up to Hollow and he recognized me which was funny and mentioned how he still thinks BOTB5 is the best battle event ever (or one of) which was dope. He also asked "weren't you friends with that troll from seattle" @irvsykeg LOL

did you keep it real and tell him we had a falling out or were you like "yeah that was my boy WHAT"

hollow need to keep my name out his mouth tho
Old 11-25-2015, 06:06 AM   #32
irvsykeg

"Ever since that fight our conversations been HELLA short/ like you staying mad at me cause i couldn't teleport"

lmfao
Old 11-26-2015, 02:38 AM   #33
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

should i post up my thoughts on lady luck vs official, big kannon vs clips, and verb vs surf?
Old 11-26-2015, 05:50 PM   #34
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
should i post up my thoughts on lady luck vs official, big kannon vs clips, and verb vs surf?
The ppv is taking hella long to go up... Give us your thoughts on verb vs surf!! The streets been waiting !!

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 05:59 PM   #35
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
The ppv is taking hella long to go up... Give us your thoughts on verb vs surf!! The streets been waiting !!
word I'm shopping, I did an official recap for battle rap dot com which should be up sometime today but I'll hit RMBVA with the unofficial RAW FOR THE STREETS version in an hour or so
Old 11-26-2015, 06:36 PM   #36
irvsykeg

bout to spark this blunt, invite the lads over with some turkey, and read that official recap nahmean happy DANKsgiving yall