Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
WRC Tapes

Old 12-03-2015, 01:27 AM   #41
JazeJuce
VIP

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
JazeJuce is not the worst person
Matter fact if you re-watch that battle during Twist second round you can hear me saying
"Jump off are cunts" with him in a british accent in the crowd. I saw the punchline coming a mile away and def wanted to hype that one up just off the strength of the truth factor
JazeJuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:59 AM   #42
Ken I. Kickett
Why Yes, you may...

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Ken I. Kickett is not the worst person
Peep the siggy

1. Pesci choked, he didn't plan it.
2. WRC tapes were not stolen, they were recorded over and no one wanted to admit it.

RALEIGHSCIENCE.COM
Ken I. Kickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 02:54 AM   #43
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazeJuce View Post
How the situation got manipulated into a sob story for the UK team is beyond comprehension but that is EXACTLY as it went down.
You have to see things from the perspective of the fans to understand this. We only have the footage that was released to go off. I heard that you were killing it in the battles, but most of that footage isn't there. Instead the footage we have makes it look like the Brits were winning and were disallowed their clear win in the OT. The judges whinging like little bitches about Arkaic insulting America further makes it look like politics rather than a real decision.

It's like if we only had DBD's OT against NoCanDo to judge their battle off, it would look like a bodybag even though if you watch the whole battle, it was a clear NoCanDo win.

Also this forum is generally for purists and most of us are on the 'mad flips bruv' side of freestyling rather than the cramming multis side that Jump Off was scoring. If you look at Jump Off from the fact that they scored multis higher, it is easier to understand some of the 'terrible' decisions (Something Frankie himself came on here to explain back in the days).

That said, I can't believe that any judge was going to give Houston a win after Zeale's terrible performance. It is so wack, it hurt my brain to watch it (Although Phran>>>)
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:38 AM   #44
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
heard in like 2008 that it was marv/quest from reliable enough source
irvsykeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:15 AM   #45
dexptjy

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
dexptjy is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze Won View Post
FTR...its pretty common knowledge who has them...all the battlers know even to this day. I'm not gonna say names because that's not coo but its not a conspiracy...
Why come in and say that you and everybody knows, but won't say? Just say it. It's been nearly 10 years and would effect nothing. It's so corny to act all insider and still not say.
dexptjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:17 AM   #46
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
heard in like 2008 that it was marv/quest from reliable enough source
Jaze also backs up that version. I think that is the most common version of events

Quote:
Agree with it or not the judges were riding with Quest and Marv over Thesaurus and Mac. So Quest and Marv losing is what apparently set Quest and Marvs manager off and made him decide to steal the tapes...
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:47 AM   #47
phoenix

phoenix is not the worst person
@The Saurus

What is your side of the story compared to he one from Jaze?
phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:32 AM   #48
aeroseth

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
aeroseth is not the worst person
Quote:
Matter fact if you re-watch that battle during Twist second round you can hear me saying
"Jump off are cunts" with him in a british accent in the crowd. I saw the punchline coming a mile away and def wanted to hype that one up just off the strength of the truth factor
so it was you whom mindbender was looking at after the punchline?
i remember eurgh started his 3rd by talking about wrc, so that was just him being defensive of the accusations and the outcome? and the fact that kid twist got things on point?

Last edited by aeroseth; 12-03-2015 at 03:51 PM.
aeroseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:39 PM   #49
JazeJuce
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
You have to see things from the perspective of the fans to understand this. We only have the footage that was released to go off. I heard that you were killing it in the battles, but most of that footage isn't there. Instead the footage we have makes it look like the Brits were winning and were disallowed their clear win in the OT. The judges whinging like little bitches about Arkaic insulting America further makes it look like politics rather than a real decision.

It's like if we only had DBD's OT against NoCanDo to judge their battle off, it would look like a bodybag even though if you watch the whole battle, it was a clear NoCanDo win.

Also this forum is generally for purists and most of us are on the 'mad flips bruv' side of freestyling rather than the cramming multis side that Jump Off was scoring. If you look at Jump Off from the fact that they scored multis higher, it is easier to understand some of the 'terrible' decisions (Something Frankie himself came on here to explain back in the days).

That said, I can't believe that any judge was going to give Houston a win after Zeale's terrible performance. It is so wack, it hurt my brain to watch it (Although Phran>>>)
Believe it or not the point system that was in place during the regular season was eliminated for the playoffs so the playoffs had no points for multis. Let it be said that Ark and Eurgh were using multis the entire division and playoffs so them acting above it was laughable at best. Secondly, the judges were swaying towards us because they liked our approach/style more. The NYC battle scene has now OPENLY established itself as a different beast in terms of expectations. Frankie and I were well aware of that being from NY and prepared accordingly. Eurgh and Arkaic were stuck in the british style, and when it wasn't working they were having fits. the judges appreciated that we were actually going at them with aggression and were still lyrical.. as opposed to them, they were LOUD and lyrical but not really aggressive.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:56 PM   #50
Lars

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Lars is not the worst person
the truth will never out itself it seems
Lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 02:12 PM   #51
Emancee

Quote:
The NYC battle scene has now OPENLY established itself as a different beast in terms of expectations. Frankie and I were well aware of that being from NY and prepared accordingly. Eurgh and Arkaic were stuck in the british style, and when it wasn't working they were having fits.
Yeah, I think even Eurgh and Arkaic would agree with that. Their style is still the more dominant one in the UK and Canada, whereas except maybe DNA most NYC cats don't rap like that.

That was the UK team's major complaint though. That the judges were all NYC all had a certain image of what they wanted and teams that didn't fit it (UK and Australia) had an uphill battle.

For me, I definitely agree with Eurgh that the judges should have reflected the whole scene rather than all being from the same area, but a lot of those guys are veterans, so you could argue that if the vets like it, then it must be the right style.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:34 PM   #52
Poems 4 Man

Poems 4 Man is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
the truth will never out itself it seems
Fuckin' Lars man.

Just when I was ready to put this to bed you gotta come up in here and muddy the waters.

Are you calling Jaze Juice a liar?

I don't comprehend. Elaborate please.

Last edited by Poems 4 Man; 12-03-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Poems 4 Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 04:20 PM   #53
Lars

lmao i'm calling him a lying faggot out to paint his own backstory in glitter is what i'm doing
Old 12-03-2015, 04:30 PM   #54
VERITAS THE INVINCIBLE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
VERITAS THE INVINCIBLE is not the worst person
this is stupid.
VERITAS THE INVINCIBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:04 PM   #55
Luxury

Luxury is not the worst person
Lars is right tbc

Jaze just trying to make himself look good since no one else is kicking around this dead forum to go against him
Luxury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:10 PM   #56
questmcody
VIP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
questmcody is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poems 4 Man View Post
Care to weigh in @questmcody ?

Not to be a dick, but not really. Juice covered the bulk of it. I did an entire interview on Rap Grid about this last year if you want to find it.
questmcody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:02 PM   #57
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
ukallday is better than Grind Time Australiaukallday is better than Grind Time Australia
So Eurgh & Ark were in cahoots with the owner of Jumpoff to rob all the other teams? Sounds like there was many fuck ups but I don't get how if the british team didn't know about the fixing they are being painted in a bad light even though they got fucked over more than anyone else.

i'm pretty sure most people would be saying jumpoff are cunts if they were in eurgh's shoes.
ukallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:51 PM   #58
Emseed

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emseed is not the worst person
Quote:
Here is the full confirmed story:

Long story short Harry (the man behind the camera) had a vision of a rematch from 06:
Uk vs LA

To that end he undermined the judges decisions that he hired to judge the battles. I know this as well as many others there because judges in this case Craig G specifically approached Frankie and I and said Harry was picking winners. A few instances

1. UK never beat Houston fairly. The judges unanimously voted for Houston to win that battle, so already the judges were scratching their head wondering who the fuck voted for them.

2. Australia never won a round against us... in fact... immediately after Frankie Wapps and I lost the first match against australia Craig G and a host of others approached us and said I quote, " The FIX is on."

3. Agree with it or not the judges were riding with Quest and Marv over Thesaurus and Mac. So Quest and Marv losing is what apparently set Quest and Marvs manager off and made him decide to steal the tapes... this is important also because

4. Harry and Jumpoff got EXPOSED during the semi-finals of Me and Wapps vs Ark and Eurgh by Quest who essentially saw Harry with the judging cards filling in the winners he wanted. So the whole "cancelling" the OT shit was done because Frankie and I had been jerked already (battle 1) and were in the midst of being forced into an OT that the judges never voted for in the first place.

How the situation got manipulated into a sob story for the UK team is beyond comprehension but that is EXACTLY as it went down.

Those tapes being stolen hurt Frankie and I more than it hurt jumpoff because our full rounds against australia especially battle two and our intro against Arkaic and Eurgh is some of our best stuff ever... and definitely at that time without a doubt.

Aw man I was really believing this until you said that. The second battle against Australia was close but you guys clearly lost the first one.

Quote:
Believe it or not the point system that was in place during the regular season was eliminated for the playoffs so the playoffs had no points for multis. Let it be said that Ark and Eurgh were using multis the entire division and playoffs so them acting above it was laughable at best. Secondly, the judges were swaying towards us because they liked our approach/style more. The NYC battle scene has now OPENLY established itself as a different beast in terms of expectations. Frankie and I were well aware of that being from NY and prepared accordingly. Eurgh and Arkaic were stuck in the british style, and when it wasn't working they were having fits. the judges appreciated that we were actually going at them with aggression and were still lyrical.. as opposed to them, they were LOUD and lyrical but not really aggressive.
By different expectations do you mean NY bias?

Last edited by Emseed; 12-03-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Emseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 10:16 PM   #59
JazeJuce
VIP

Whether you thought Frankie and I deserved to lose is not the issue... the issue is what the judges thought. The judges thought Frankie and I won and jumpoff reversed their decision on multiple occasions and attempted to against UK battle 3. That is the sticking point.

Also.... all of the judges were not from NYC i distinctly remember an australian judge being there by the name of weapon x. there may have been other non-american judges though the majority were from nyc.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:18 PM   #60
JazeJuce
VIP

Quote:
lmao i'm calling him a lying faggot out to paint his own backstory in glitter is what i'm doing
Wow take my dick out of your mouth dude. If the truth is glittery to you that's on you not me clown. With fucking cornballs like yourself hating non-stop and a lot of people in the scene obviously still shrouding the reality in smoke, damn right i'm gonna come in and let people know. it has been too many years for people to not know what the fuck happened that night.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:30 PM   #61
JazeJuce
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukallday View Post
So Eurgh & Ark were in cahoots with the owner of Jumpoff to rob all the other teams? Sounds like there was many fuck ups but I don't get how if the british team didn't know about the fixing they are being painted in a bad light even though they got fucked over more than anyone else.

i'm pretty sure most people would be saying jumpoff are cunts if they were in eurgh's shoes.
To my knowledge I do not think Ark and Eurgh had any idea what harry was trying to do... they were so oblivious that they actually lashed out at the guy who was helping them.

If anybody should be saying "jumpoff are cunts" it is phranchyze and zeale hands down
Old 12-03-2015, 11:14 PM   #62
Frankie Wapps
VIP

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Frankie Wapps is a PY Poster
Unfuckin real with this shit. Blaze, Jaze, Quest, and myself confirm what Juce is saying is completely accurate. If you felt we lost that's on you to still pine about after 8 years but the truth is Harry cheated so that UK would go up against LA. Quest and Marv were supposed to be in the finals cause the judges voted for them and Me n Juce were told that our first battle against Aus was a jerking and so was our first battle against UK. Oh let's not forget that the judges threatened to walk out of the building after Houston got jerked and actually walked out of the room when Harry forced us into OT when the judges said it was a murder. None of that is me saying what I thought, that's what the fuck happened. Live with it
Frankie Wapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:19 PM   #63
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1278 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
http://youtu.be/LEJn2T0cyz4?t

11:13 even you can see the judges trying to give it to Wapps/Juce and yet someone British intervenes (can't see their face). He's pleading their case and gets them to do an OT rather than give Wapps/Juce the win

Update: Yeah, it was Harry because that's what they're calling him
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:00 AM   #64
JazeJuce
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Wapps View Post
Unfuckin real with this shit. Blaze, Jaze, Quest, and myself confirm what Juce is saying is completely accurate. If you felt we lost that's on you to still pine about after 8 years but the truth is Harry cheated so that UK would go up against LA. Quest and Marv were supposed to be in the finals cause the judges voted for them and Me n Juce were told that our first battle against Aus was a jerking and so was our first battle against UK. Oh let's not forget that the judges threatened to walk out of the building after Houston got jerked and actually walked out of the room when Harry forced us into OT when the judges said it was a murder. None of that is me saying what I thought, that's what the fuck happened. Live with it
Quote:
To my knowledge I do not think Ark and Eurgh had any idea what harry was trying to do... they were so oblivious that they actually lashed out at the guy who was helping them.

If anybody should be saying "jumpoff are cunts" it is phranchyze and zeale hands down

Wow facts upon facts @Frankie Wapps + @erik foreman
Old 12-04-2015, 01:31 AM   #65
Jay Legend
VIP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Jay Legend is not the worst person
Interesting read. It's crazy we are still talking about it after so long.

Someone, PH if I remember correctly, says it best on the footage: "If you're gonna have judges, let them judge". I mean being that it's Harry's company, if he wanted to pick the winners himself, he and his staff should have just judged. There are always gonna be people who disagree with the judges decisions, but appointing judges and overruling their every decision is complete fuckery
Jay Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:11 AM   #66
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Solid insight

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:36 PM   #67
Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukallday View Post
So Eurgh & Ark were in cahoots with the owner of Jumpoff to rob all the other teams?

pretty sure ark and eurgh wouldnt do that tbh
Old 12-04-2015, 12:40 PM   #68
Lars

Quote:
Wow take my dick out of your mouth dude. If the truth is glittery to you that's on you not me clown. With fucking cornballs like yourself hating non-stop and a lot of people in the scene obviously still shrouding the reality in smoke, damn right i'm gonna come in and let people know. it has been too many years for people to not know what the fuck happened that night.
lmao all you're doing in here is sugarcoating your own backstory to make yourself seem less of the loser we all know you to be

if all you came in here to do was "let the people know", why havent you done it? why not tell us all who has the tapes and what happened to them and why?

all im seeing is you talking out your ass about you "beating australia" which every fan on this forum can attest to being a clear loss for you and wapps

fuck outta here with that crybaby bullshit

lame
Old 12-04-2015, 12:42 PM   #69
Lars

Quote:
lmao it reminds me of that time detour says he "beat dizaster" because real deal told him so by way of a handshake

plz shut the entire fuck up
Old 12-04-2015, 01:19 PM   #70
Emancee

Would love to hear Eurgh's comments on all of this. I still think that he believes he catches forum aids if he dares to post on one.

Any chance Saurus or Illmac could come in here. It would be nice to hear the perspective of the guys who were favored by the judges.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:28 PM   #71
Frankie Wapps
VIP

Quote:
lmao it reminds me of that time detour says he "beat dizaster" because real deal told him so by way of a handshake

plz shut the entire fuck up

This reminds me of the time someone tried to tell me to shut the entire fuck up cause they refuse to accept the truth after more than one person co signed what happened. Get the fuck over it cause you look EXTRA suspect!
Old 12-04-2015, 02:38 PM   #72
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
This reminds me of the time someone tried to tell me to shut the entire fuck up cause they refuse to accept the truth after more than one person co signed what happened. Get the fuck over it cause you look EXTRA suspect!
Basically came to say

FRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEE

10/10 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:53 PM   #73
Poems 4 Man

Poems 4 Man is not the worst person
Quote:
if all you came in here to do was "let the people know", why havent you done it? why not tell us all who has the tapes and what happened to them and why?
Lars baby.... cool it fam. You need to chill.

Aint no one come in here on some pronouncement shit with a bugle horn tryna "let the people know".

In fact this thread was made back in 2013, but was bumped up by myself when I seen Quest up in this mother. A quick google search on "wrc stolen tapes" unveiled this thread and I took that opportunity to tie Quest Mcody into it.

Jaze was just doin' the community here a solid by offering his knowledge of the situation.

Hey Lars, why don't you offer up what you know to be the truth in all this instead of throwing subliminal sneak shots at anyone not from the UK re. this situation. You lookin' hella gay right now.

Like that one guy who always criticizes a solution to a problem but then never offers one yourself.

Tell us what you know wotie.
Poems 4 Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:58 PM   #74
Frankie Wapps
VIP

What fuckin kills me here is people trying to tell me what happened and re write history when it's been said and co signed by people besides myself and Juce. I don't care how many trolls come in frolicking around Eurghs side of the story with pretty little daffodils and night of NY plotting against him cause of bias instead of a fucking cheating grimy ass brit cheating everyone he can to make sure ONE OF THE WORST TEAMS made it to the finals against Saurus and Mac so he can prove that UK can and will beat Saurus/Mac. I don't care how whack you thought Houston was but you're a faggot if you overlook that they should be more upset than UK. No matter what Houston said they were losing no matter what.

Throw what I said about me and Juce aside and let what the fuck I wrote sink in. By the judges decision NOT PERSONAL OPINION, UK lost quarter finals. Then they were lucky enough to make it to the semis and were handed wins the judges didn't give them and walked out the fuckin room after he tried to force us into OT after forcing us to battle more times than we should've the whole night. Mind you this is right after QUEST found him cheating and found out that he was supposed to be in the finals.

All of this has been confirmed. Kid twist said it in his battle, Quest said it in an interview, Saurus has talked about it, Phranchyze confirmed it, RIP PH he spoke about it at the event and afterwards, Juce and I confirmed in full detail along with Blaze Won and Erik Foreman who followed wrc since day one!!

I don't need to paint any picture or need a pinch of sympathy from anyone anywhere! That's some little girl shit, but I'll be fuckin damned if anyone tries to re write the history that I was a major part of and tell me what the fuck happened when they weren't even there and living off hear say!

If after this y'all are still pretending that nothing of what I'm saying is true than you truly look like a child who refuses to let the death of his dead hamster go and hold on to the thought forever. LOL
Old 12-04-2015, 03:00 PM   #75
Frankie Wapps
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripplesunday1 View Post
basically came to say

fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaankieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee

10/10 thread
gotta do it gotta have it gotta see it gotta know about it!!!!! Give em the fresh mozz cripplesunday all about fresh mozz
Old 12-04-2015, 05:45 PM   #76
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
It's not a mystery of what happened to them...

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 06:04 PM   #77
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
oh shittttt

we got a frankie now too
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 12:58 PM   #78
Emancee

Quote:
What fuckin kills me here is people trying to tell me what happened and re write history when it's been said and co signed by people besides myself and Juce. I don't care how many trolls come in frolicking around Eurghs side of the story with pretty little daffodils and night of NY plotting against him cause of bias instead of a fucking cheating grimy ass brit cheating everyone he can to make sure ONE OF THE WORST TEAMS made it to the finals against Saurus and Mac so he can prove that UK can and will beat Saurus/Mac. I don't care how whack you thought Houston was but you're a faggot if you overlook that they should be more upset than UK. No matter what Houston said they were losing no matter what.

Throw what I said about me and Juce aside and let what the fuck I wrote sink in. By the judges decision NOT PERSONAL OPINION, UK lost quarter finals. Then they were lucky enough to make it to the semis and were handed wins the judges didn't give them and walked out the fuckin room after he tried to force us into OT after forcing us to battle more times than we should've the whole night. Mind you this is right after QUEST found him cheating and found out that he was supposed to be in the finals.
I think most of us believe that the UK OT could have been fixed. We have so little of the 3 round of the battle that it is a moot point who won honestly, we have to base our decisions on like half/ a third of the footage. Only the people who were in the room really know who deserved to win.

However, the footage we have of the judges shows that the fault lies partly with the judges too if there was a fix. I rewatched the judge's decision and you can hear that at least two of the judges were in favor, at least at first, of an OT. Is this footage edited? Who knows! But it definitely seems like at least 2/3 of the judges were in favor of an OT at this point:

http://youtu.be/LEJn2T0cyz4?t=11m16s

For me personally, this is more about getting the history correct. Which is why I'd love to hear from Illmac and Saurus as they were the winners of the event. When you want to get a completely unbiased view of what happened in a 'historical' event, you take the things that the winner says and the loser and then work out what things are consistent in both accounts. Feel me?

As for me thinking Houston lost, they had the best rapper in the event and the worst on the same team, so I can believe that the judges would give them the W based on Phran's performance only to have Harry leap in and remove them.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:39 PM   #79
PurelyDef
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
PurelyDef is not the worst person
I havent watched the WRC battles in years, but I thought all the battles were eventually uploaded? I specifically remember some of the footage being terrible e.g. they had some dude shooting the camera at the crowd but you could still hear the battle
PurelyDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 01:51 PM   #80
PurelyDef
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
PurelyDef is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Legend View Post
Interesting read. It's crazy we are still talking about it after so long.

Someone, PH if I remember correctly, says it best on the footage: "If you're gonna have judges, let them judge". I mean being that it's Harry's company, if he wanted to pick the winners himself, he and his staff should have just judged. There are always gonna be people who disagree with the judges decisions, but appointing judges and overruling their every decision is complete fuckery
battle rap judging in general was done entirely wrong in my opinion, but that's one of the reasons why battle rap will never be considered a viable sport like boxing

Judges (in any legitimate top tier league) should be paid & treated as professionals. There are too many judges in battle rap who will go to events as casual fans, either being drunk & high or talking to their friends in the middle of a match. There is no way that kind of shit would fly if you were a professional judge of a boxing bout.

Judges need to be picked on a better basis than "oh this guy seems like a good rapper, so he must be good at judging rap battles". And furthermore, they need to be able to judge without being swayed so heavily by the audience. In my experience of witnessing judging at live events, the judges ALWAYS end up voting for whoever gets more crowd reaction. Literally 100% of the time unless its not easy to discern who had more crowd reaction. and at least 20-30% of those battles come back as "Closer on cam" or people say that emcee A was robbed of the battle entirely. 20-30% is an unacceptable margin of error. Judging should be done in isolation (and with anonymity) instead of with a crowd of 100+ opinionated people (and friends of the two battlers) staring at the judge/swaying the judge verbally when he makes his decision

that's why it probably is best that the battle rap culture did away with judging altogether. it caused too much controversy and introduced politics to people not built to handle politics

Last edited by PurelyDef; 12-05-2015 at 01:56 PM.
PurelyDef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allo gov'ner!, and wapps with the ko, avocado eats steak sandwich, detroit vs everybody, god save the queen, jack mcrack is a fucking noob, jaze juice sets the record straight, jumpoffarecunts, lars a basement squatter, lars dont play, lars is eurgh, marvs still fat, porich buys akamai tech stock, supper negger is a homosexual, supper negger likes avocado's bbc