Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Did willy single-handedly ruin Real Deal's career?

Old 12-30-2015, 12:39 AM   #1
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Did willy single-handedly ruin Real Deal's career?

I admit, I thought Real Deal was dope at his best - still do. He's a very good writer and performer - decent freestyler. He really doesnt have many holes. A lot of battlers gave him props especially for that battle he had with Magic.

So what started his plateau in popularity?

A) Willy talking shit about Trevor's angels.
B) RD stopped battling as much
C) He got worse
D) People decided JJDD was going to be their new favorite "Boring Battler"
E) Write in answer

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:01 AM   #2
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
i think it's when battle rap standards shifted plus B and maybe a bit of C. also just gonna reiterate that he lost to okwerdz.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: hollow, bigg k, b-magic, conceited, tay roc
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:03 AM   #3
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 829 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Are you just basing this off rmbva popularity or has he fallen off on YouTube etc as well?

Serious question because didn't he just have a battle against head ice? So he's still getting booked right
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:11 AM   #4
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
Are you just basing this off rmbva popularity or has he fallen off on YouTube etc as well?

Serious question because didn't he just have a battle against head ice? So he's still getting booked right
tbh i thought he fell off in bth accounts... did he battle head ice? i'll have to check that out.

i like what the Deal do... sometimes i wonder though if he's found his niche. he's dope at everything - i just wonder if he fell off. the willy thing was more of a joke

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Old 12-30-2015, 01:30 AM   #5
Ness Lee
VIP

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
grindtime dying and a certain style emerging as a "must"
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:36 AM   #6
Ness Lee
VIP

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
and willy

just hurt though. he's still relevant
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:38 AM   #7
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Naw he got shitty when he went from backpack ti the dark side

Dudes street bars make me cringe
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:46 AM   #8
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post

Damn.

Tell us how u really feal.
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:48 AM   #9
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
Damn.

Tell us how u really feal.
i definitely aint no closet backpacker

i watch battles mostly for the lols
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:49 AM   #10
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
I fuck with real deal, I loved his URL performances too. He didn't look too hot vs head ice tho, has he done any other battles recently?
steveelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:53 AM   #11
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post

mmm thats actually a really good point. the "hey guys im just a corny white boy and im gonna tell you how corny i am" things worked best for rone.

RD did it well vs magic he did the whole "i-i-i-i dont know what the streets are like" and the crowd ate it up" then he did the "hey i can do street bars better than you" while magic went pretty light and did nameflips.

but to be fair, we cant blame him for doing the street bars when most of the fans only seem to like that style now. 2012 was the perfect time for him to do what he did. hollohan lost but did the "psycho cokehead" things vs cortez and hasnt been the same since the battle with clips.

i guess the street-oriented style has taken away from very skilled non-street white battlers like hollohan and RD. Diz has been able to keep his popularity because he's honestly the best in his lane and is rough around the edges

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Old 12-30-2015, 03:26 AM   #12
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
I admit, I thought Real Deal was dope at his best - still do. He's a very good writer and performer - decent freestyler. He really doesnt have many holes. A lot of battlers gave him props especially for that battle he had with Magic.

So what started his plateau in popularity?

A) Willy talking shit about Trevor's angels.
B) RD stopped battling as much
C) He got worse
D) People decided JJDD was going to be their new favorite "Boring Battler"
E) Write in answer
watch this

then compare it to his 'performance' game in the past 2 years

his style is much better suited by a really intense performance tbh, and i think he's got more relaxed
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:07 AM   #13
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
his last couple of battles havent been that good tbh. he was good vs DNA tho
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:10 AM   #14
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach

NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
Quote:
mmm thats actually a really good point. the "hey guys im just a corny white boy and im gonna tell you how corny i am" things worked best for rone.

RD did it well vs magic he did the whole "i-i-i-i dont know what the streets are like" and the crowd ate it up" then he did the "hey i can do street bars better than you" while magic went pretty light and did nameflips.

but to be fair, we cant blame him for doing the street bars when most of the fans only seem to like that style now. 2012 was the perfect time for him to do what he did. hollohan lost but did the "psycho cokehead" things vs cortez and hasnt been the same since the battle with clips.

i guess the street-oriented style has taken away from very skilled non-street white battlers like hollohan and RD. Diz has been able to keep his popularity because he's honestly the best in his lane and is rough around the edges
is that street bars though? i consider t-top and calicoe street bars. What RD has been doing is just gun bars and tough talk
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:26 AM   #15
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

i liked him vs Cortez... man, he bodied Ernesto bad

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Old 12-30-2015, 05:32 AM   #16
JAR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
JAR is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
his style is much better suited by a really intense performance tbh, and i think he's got more relaxed
Man, THIS. And you can attribute that as well from a shift from shout out your lungs freestyle battles and 60 second rounds to the current 2:30 rounds and shit you have today. Add up all of Real Deal's rounds vs. Ex-I and you now have round 1 of a 3 round battle.

I wish battles were much much shorter. These dudes were hitting rapid fire and eliminating filler because they didn't have as much time and could be much more concise. Conversely, battlers now will say it's better because it gives more time for concepts and build-ups to breath, instead of punch after punch. Too bad, I thought shorter rounds were more entertaining regardless.
JAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 06:51 AM   #17
Emseed

Emseed is not the worst person
Stopped battling on relevant leagues. I think the last battle he did on KOTD was some battle with Madness that had some cell phone footage. URL not giving him battles unless it was against someone white hurt his image too.

I also didn't find his style that entertaining. Maybe he's changed his style since but I wouldn't know since I don't watch his battles anymore. If he does some good battles on KOTD again though I'll watch. But his style just seemed kinda bland to me.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:55 AM   #18
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I don't think Willy ruined his career, but he clearly riled up him and a couple of other battlers, which is hilarious that someone on a forum could do that
Shadowposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 12:09 PM   #19
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

the thing about dizaster and hollohan is that its actually believable that they are violent ppl who will crack ur shit.. so when they rap aggressive u can feel it.. u dont have to be from the hood to be violent

RD doesnt give off that vibe at all.. dude is a PE teacher.. so it actually hurts him when he writes about shit lik ethat.. he just comes off corny

Last edited by VAallDAY; 12-30-2015 at 12:11 PM.
VAallDAY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 12:26 PM   #20
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeping dogs View Post
i think it's when battle rap standards shifted plus B and maybe a bit of C. also just gonna reiterate that he lost to okwerdz.
Fuck off he lost to Okwerdz. You probably think he lost to Pete too lol
Battlehogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 12:46 PM   #21
Henrik

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Henrik is not the worst person
He battled on the last Rookies vs Vets card and came out of it with what people called the only body of the night. He is a respected name on both URL and Kotd. Not a lot of other people can actually say that.

I enjoyed the DNA battle that came out recently on Black Ice.
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:44 PM   #22
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
He just battled head ice and DNA. I believe he battled Rosenburg and Sno on URL in 2015 and is battling Aye Verb this year. He's one of the only kotd rappers who gets booked on URL and it's semi-regularly. So I'd argue his career is actually in a good place right now.

Edit: didn't read @Henrik post, pretty much what he said

Last edited by Breakneck; 12-30-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Breakneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:31 PM   #23
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Lol at the idea that the forum is that influential in battling. Face it guys, we have the better knowledge and opinions, but the retarded fans on FB still decide more than us.

Real Deal had a decent, but relatively quiet year. I think Head Ice and even DNA are a step up from his opponents last year.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:09 PM   #24
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

just saw him vs head ice... he was good!

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic