Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
MOOD SWANGZ returns tonight vs Thesaurus!!!

Old 02-26-2016, 06:30 PM   #1
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
MOOD SWANGZ returns tonight vs Thesaurus!!!

yes you read right, the MOOD FUCKING SWANGZ, the man who dissed the crips just to prove how soft the west side is, is returning to the written battle scene TONIGHT in Chicago to battle legendary veteran Thesaurus

Swangz has always been aggressive and controversial, and brought on a lot of haters, however he always proved to be a worthy adversary in the ring, racking up wins agains Caddy Ron and Sahtyre at Grizzle 1 and 2, beating KP in GTMW, meaning unless I forgot someone he is 3-0 against the west coast.

additionally, Swangz happens to be one of the many emcees that Thesaurus publicly destroyed on stage at scribble jam (I didn't know the planet Mercury planned a verse for me). Swangz does not seem to take battles lightly and I wouldn't expect him to return after such a long hiatus unless he meant business, so this should be a hot battle, especially if you have been a fan since the GT/Scribble Era

Additionally we have Ness Lee, vs XQZ! Ness is known for being a rappers rapper, and XQZ being known for his deadly pengame so this should be a wild matchup. probably the biggest name yet for NoCoasts reigning champion, XQZ has a real shot at winning if he can show an improved performance game and Ness sleeps.

the card also has Pompey vs SamiAm. if you remember when Diz was on the million dollar MTV battle show that got cancelled, Samiam was supposed to be his opponent. Sam also is a retired 106 n park champion. his strengths are definitely more geared toward freestyle, improv and performances while Pompey is an excellent writer and has a lot of technical skill. this should be a "style clash" tbh and either could take it.
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:04 PM   #2
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1168 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
i will order the ppv probably won't have time to watch it. gotta get drunk and piss off my girl but i am super amped to see these battles.
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:12 PM   #3
Pavan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Pavan is a PY Poster
I hope yall prepare to say goodbye to Larry the cable guy!

Ps: The Planet Mercury was against Deuce Leader (and Piff James), still sick though.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:04 PM   #4
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 426 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
i will order the ppv probably won't have time to watch it. gotta get drunk and piss off my girl but i am super amped to see these battles.
yessssssss
ledge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:19 PM   #5
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person

i used to take the crips seriously and fear them back in the day

that is until swangz dissed em on a large stage and nobody retaliated

that right there sold it for me
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:20 PM   #6
irvsykeg

also i am hoping big swangz has a few zingers about pete and a porcupine for old times sake
Old 02-26-2016, 08:27 PM   #7
SpecialOh
©

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
@Ness Lee

i see u!
SpecialOh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:38 PM   #8
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
amped for this

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:58 PM   #9
irvsykeg

mood did kill shit vs caddy tho foreal
Old 02-27-2016, 02:33 AM   #10
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Moodswangz had a megabus load of haters, I was one of em till I realised that minus the hillbilly swag, he's actually a dope spitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
mood did kill shit vs caddy tho foreal
Yep, he was great there, not too bad vs sahtyre either. Fuck I wish Sahtyre would come back

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. Big Pun
4. MF Doom
5. Notorious BIG
6. Fred The Godson
Assassin Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:36 AM   #11
Mark Doubt

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Mark Doubt is not the worst person
mood was dope but wasnt really favored much back in the day. interested to see how he did.
Mark Doubt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:48 AM   #12
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Doubt View Post
mood was dope but wasnt really favored much back in the day. interested to see how he did.
mood swangz really killed it tonight tbh, however he did so well that I wouldn't be surprised if other battlers duck him in the future. it sounded like he wants to battle more.

he had a lot of original shit and the times that he touched on the more played angles was actually done really well
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 03:11 PM   #13
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Recap?

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 01:44 PM   #14
Benzo

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Benzo is a PY Poster
iirc he fell off because his asking price was too much, right? for kotd battle?
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 01:56 PM   #15
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
im curious to know the deal

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 02:10 PM   #16
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
He was amazing on Friday
Old 02-28-2016, 09:07 PM   #17
Eyerate
The Definition of Real...

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Eyerate probably likes in here/hair word play
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
iirc he fell off because his asking price was too much, right? for kotd battle?
not 100% true, but the lack of available money in the battle game at the time was a motivating factor.

if youre not willing to do this for the love, its tough to justify the time and energy expenditure. nobody eats off battle rap, even today.
Eyerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:07 AM   #18
JayWalker
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
JayWalker is not the worst person
This whole weekend was full of dope battles. Shout outs to No Coast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3D -- No Coast -- East Coast Connection Media
JayWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:27 AM   #19
KellyBetz of NoCoast
Columbia, Missouri USA

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
KellyBetz of NoCoast is not the worst person
Swangz vs Saurus was everything I hoped it would be

Other best battles of the event:

Ness Lee vs XQZ

and from day 2
Illimit vs Speedy Calhoun
KellyBetz of NoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:37 PM   #20
rocky
Contributor

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokab206 View Post
Recap?
i didnt know till the day of that there were battles in rockford the next day, so i can't speak on that day. But overall, i was very impressed at the work the staff put in, becuz the crowd was actually a nice size. Surprisingly there were a ton of girls there, which i didn't expect, but still nice to see demographics are changing with the times. The venue has always been a great place for hiphop, altho after the fighting and punching their sound-guy, i hope they let folks back in there cuz its walkin distance from me, lol

As for the battles, i caught Boneman vs Human which was a nice opening battle. Kelly vs V-money turned out to feel a bit like Jerry springer at some point cuz I was shocked at the personal info Kelly dug up, but i can't confirm if any of that gossip is true. Just will say folks shouldn't bring their wives or GF's to an event, especially if ur battlin. V-money was actually a nice guy, first time meetin the dude, but super grateful to be there. Pompey vs Sam-I-Am was actually good for the first couple, and then there was a slipup in the third, but was nice to see the crowd get involved. Then there was one of those women that was stripping but like burlesque style, for an intermission, which is coo. They went to the main events, and Ness vs XQZ was awesome. X doesn't get credit cuz he battles in such a small league sometimes, but he's an amazing writer. I definitely could tell he stepped up his delivery for this opponent, and maybe had one of the best performances of the night. He wrote bars crafted directly to Ness instead of just generic writtens. Ness per usual was his amazing rapping-self, always brings just well crafted bars that crescendo to awesome punches. Both dudes looked like they were having fun with it. Mood vs Saurus was a slugfest. Both dudes were super prepared. I thought Mood had punchline of the night with a Hogan line (won't say more than that). But it definitely got heated with exchanges. This was full of haymakers on both sides, and both were super prepared. Crowd was showing great respect and energy the entire time which is nice to see. These last 2 battles may likely be the best 2 battles I've seen from No Coast.

There were a couple more battles that happened after this but I was getting too drunk and too sleepy (old man not use to the late hours anymore). I left shortly after the battle royal fight that happened where every fighter did his finisher and Maple snuck in for the chair shot on the Burlesque dancer. Overall, the event was very fun. Crowd was completely grateful the whole night showin love. The beers are always amazing at "Jerry's". And there was very little pretentious behavior u see today from battlers, fans, staff that leaves a bad taste in my mouth when i hear about the drama and politics at events. Congrats to Ray, Kelly, and whoever else that helped to promote the event. I was proud of u guys and how well the event came together.

Carter Deems>>>>>>
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 12:43 AM   #21
vokab206
Battle Rapper

I saw footage of Pompey Vs Sam, XQZ Vs Ness and Saurus vs Swangz. Wow is all I got to say. All three were fire battles.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
Old 03-01-2016, 01:20 AM   #22
gregrieke20
Media

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
gregrieke20 is not the worst person
How'd v-money do?
Old 03-01-2016, 01:26 AM   #23
brodeezy

Mentioned: 627 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
i didnt know till the day of that there were battles in rockford the next day, so i can't speak on that day. But overall, i was very impressed at the work the staff put in, becuz the crowd was actually a nice size. Surprisingly there were a ton of girls there, which i didn't expect, but still nice to see demographics are changing with the times. The venue has always been a great place for hiphop, altho after the fighting and punching their sound-guy, i hope they let folks back in there cuz its walkin distance from me, lol

As for the battles, i caught Boneman vs Human which was a nice opening battle. Kelly vs V-money turned out to feel a bit like Jerry springer at some point cuz I was shocked at the personal info Kelly dug up, but i can't confirm if any of that gossip is true. Just will say folks shouldn't bring their wives or GF's to an event, especially if ur battlin. V-money was actually a nice guy, first time meetin the dude, but super grateful to be there. Pompey vs Sam-I-Am was actually good for the first couple, and then there was a slipup in the third, but was nice to see the crowd get involved. Then there was one of those women that was stripping but like burlesque style, for an intermission, which is coo. They went to the main events, and Ness vs XQZ was awesome. X doesn't get credit cuz he battles in such a small league sometimes, but he's an amazing writer. I definitely could tell he stepped up his delivery for this opponent, and maybe had one of the best performances of the night. He wrote bars crafted directly to Ness instead of just generic writtens. Ness per usual was his amazing rapping-self, always brings just well crafted bars that crescendo to awesome punches. Both dudes looked like they were having fun with it. Mood vs Saurus was a slugfest. Both dudes were super prepared. I thought Mood had punchline of the night with a Hogan line (won't say more than that). But it definitely got heated with exchanges. This was full of haymakers on both sides, and both were super prepared. Crowd was showing great respect and energy the entire time which is nice to see. These last 2 battles may likely be the best 2 battles I've seen from No Coast.

There were a couple more battles that happened after this but I was getting too drunk and too sleepy (old man not use to the late hours anymore). I left shortly after the battle royal fight that happened where every fighter did his finisher and Maple snuck in for the chair shot on the Burlesque dancer. Overall, the event was very fun. Crowd was completely grateful the whole night showin love. The beers are always amazing at "Jerry's". And there was very little pretentious behavior u see today from battlers, fans, staff that leaves a bad taste in my mouth when i hear about the drama and politics at events. Congrats to Ray, Kelly, and whoever else that helped to promote the event. I was proud of u guys and how well the event came together.
god dammit rocky he said recap, not a thesis paper

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE: WD7DAY2: https://m.twitch.tv/trappingoutthebandwidth

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 01:37 AM   #24
rocky
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
god dammit rocky he said recap, not a thesis paper
i was on my phone bruh, cut me some slack

Carter Deems>>>>>>
Old 03-01-2016, 03:34 AM   #25
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Rocky>

soundcloud.com/vokab206
Old 03-01-2016, 01:33 PM   #26
rocky
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrieke20 View Post
How'd v-money do?
He was fine. He flipped a decent amount in the 3rd which was a nice surprise. But the battle was overshadowed by Kelly and the angle he took about V and his lady friend. It became a bit Jerry springerish in there. I spoke to V after the battle. He's very different than I had envisioned. Said a lot of the stuff thrown at him wasn't true in the battle. Very appreciative dude. Even bought me a beer. It was a surprise to see him battling. Like we went in a time machine back to 2007

Carter Deems>>>>>>
Old 03-01-2016, 03:58 PM   #27
XQZapproved
Battle Royale Participant

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
XQZapproved is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
He was fine. He flipped a decent amount in the 3rd which was a nice surprise. But the battle was overshadowed by Kelly and the angle he took about V and his lady friend. It became a bit Jerry springerish in there. I spoke to V after the battle. He's very different than I had envisioned. Said a lot of the stuff thrown at him wasn't true in the battle. Very appreciative dude. Even bought me a beer. It was a surprise to see him battling. Like we went in a time machine back to 2007
Yeah I'm gonna consign this. I was having trouble hearing their battle from where I was standing so I can't comment on the actual battle. But dude was super cool to all of us the whole time and just seemed excited to be involved.

First the Dot Mobb break up, now everyday I wake up, somebody got a problem with Deetz
XQZapproved is offline   Reply With Quote