Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Don't Flop Checkpoint 3 PPV

Old 04-24-2016, 10:35 PM   #1
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Mentioned: 962 Post(s)
Dank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICE
Don't Flop Checkpoint 3 PPV

Soul vs Raptor is a must see, whole event is soild though so get on it

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/checkpoint3
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Dank Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:52 PM   #2
The Kurgan

Mentioned: 288 Post(s)
The Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Already bought the title match, gonna wait until I have no work to do to watch though.

Psyched!
Old 04-24-2016, 11:51 PM   #3
Coma
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Coma is not the worst person
Good to meet you Dank!
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:00 AM   #4
gamesguru
I'm Just Sittin' Here...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
gamesguru is not the worst person
Just copped. Hyped for the title match and Tenchoo's return!
gamesguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:02 AM   #5
Casual

Mentioned: 450 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Probably cop tomorrow at work.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:08 AM   #6
Defcee

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Defcee is not the worst person
Crowd slept on Copy a bit. In their defense, seemed like he was rushing through his punches
Defcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:32 AM   #7
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2889 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
@Coma improved a ton. Him vs Shox was really good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:42 AM   #8
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
jesus christ. soul murdered raptor. his 2nd round was amazing
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: hollow, bigg k, b-magic, conceited, tay roc
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:09 AM   #9
iamHBY

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I ordered 3 of the battles, all of them solid. Troy Brown showed out big time against Tony D, Soul annihilated Raptor, and Tenchoo/Copywrite was interesting.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:14 AM   #10
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 476 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Soul's pen is disgusting. Raptor did better than I'd expected given the feedback, but even if he'd gotten his rounds off cleanly...it'd be an And Still at the end of the day
Old 04-25-2016, 02:39 AM   #11
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
wow big t was amazing
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: hollow, bigg k, b-magic, conceited, tay roc
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:26 AM   #12
gamesguru
I'm Just Sittin' Here...

Soul vs Raptor was fucking mental. Soul is just something else man, had me screw-facing non-stop.

Tony D vs Troy was great as well. Calcium was hilarious, Unanymous keeping up the good string of outings and Shox... well, Shox is just straight nasty with the bars.

I thought Copywrite was disappointing, but Tenchoo came with it. Nice to see he's still got it with the frees. Didn't show any signs of ring rust.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:06 AM   #13
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
About to watch the rest, have to reiterate how wrong I was about Soul, the first round kinda close, the last 2, bodybag material. Raptors first was sick, but a lot of stumbles in the last 2, even if he had a clean performance, wouldn't have been enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:03 AM   #14
ca9rl

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
ca9rl is not the worst person
i was wasted by late in the day but i'm almost sure it was coma who had a sick adele bar
ca9rl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:12 AM   #15
magik

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
magik is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesguru View Post
I thought Copywrite was disappointing, but Tenchoo came with it. Nice to see he's still got it with the frees. Didn't show any signs of ring rust.
80% of everything he tried to aim at copy was either outdated as fuck, or just plain wrong.

i mean going on about his parents and how they view him? if you are facing copy and don't know that his dad is dead (june) and that his mom is dead (mother may i)

then that is really just lazy research, especially regarding june that is probably one of the better indie label tracks ever.
magik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:49 AM   #16
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Only seen title match so far. It went more or less how iI expected except Raptor wasn't as good as I thought he would be, his delivery seemed off and he didn't really make it debatable. Soul was at his best again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
there is no point of rewinding 5 times that 7 guys molested okwerdz family 11 times.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:19 PM   #17
Oscar Wilde

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Oscar Wilde is not the worst person
Soul left earth in this.. good to see nearly him back to his best
Oscar Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:31 PM   #18
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Troy>>>>>>>
T>>>>
Stilll need to watch the tite match

Copy battle was wierd, started off pretty good but then...and errything Magik pointed out above is facts

altho awkward, I think what he did in the 3rd was good to let muhfuckas know what not to say or if your research is this terrible and u gon do parent jokes -hes gonna fuck up the moment for you, it needed done
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 01:13 PM   #19
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Dank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
Good to meet you Dank!
like wise bro

@Seanzo i might have been running my mouth at the event saying i'd have a red name before coma....please ignore the fact that he just held his own against on of the uk's best on a massive stage and just remember, he hasnt even had a text battle here and really i think thats what should count #dank4red
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Old 04-25-2016, 01:17 PM   #20
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

also

people need to not sleep on frankie phraser vs j short

ive been a big advocate for frankie and he finally came with a performance to match his writing and j short came with his best performance to date, probably my favorite battle of the weekend (after the title match)
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Old 04-25-2016, 01:20 PM   #21
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by magik View Post
80% of everything he tried to aim at copy was either outdated as fuck, or just plain wrong.

i mean going on about his parents and how they view him? if you are facing copy and don't know that his dad is dead (june) and that his mom is dead (mother may i)

then that is really just lazy research, especially regarding june that is probably one of the better indie label tracks ever.
yeah thats a good point, he was talking like he was still down with cage and wm too which was a bit weird.

june >>>>>
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Old 04-25-2016, 01:26 PM   #22
Smrrr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Smrrr is not the worst person
sheesh Tenchoo vs Copywrite was pretty terrible. and a dead crowd again, hope rest of the event was liver
Smrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:01 PM   #23
magik

magik is a PY Poster
Copy made the mistake of not researching what type of crowd he would be performing for, his material would have likely hit alot better in the U.S

He got plenty acknowledgement for his bars though from the actual rappers that were on stage in the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
yeah thats a good point, he was talking like he was still down with cage and wm too which was a bit weird.

june >>>>>
Haha yeah, i mean i know the Camu thing when they all fell out dates back to like 2001 (or 02) and Tenchoo was trying to refrence it like it happened recently...

And then trying to talk like Copy isn't technically sound enough to stay on beat, dude can spit pretty much every which way and on any type of beat and do it flawlessly.

Even on the old MHz stuff he never had issues with that.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:06 PM   #24
gamesguru
I'm Just Sittin' Here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magik View Post

Hmm, fair points there. Maybe I'm just excited to see Tenchoo back, thought he had some funny stuff, whereas Copy didn't really interest me at all this time around, thought he was a lot better in his Danny battle, but fair play about the angles. Still thought he could've done more myself to be honest, but he did well enough for me in his first bought after such a long time off, so I walked away happy after the initial watch. Overall the match was okay, but not touching some of the others on the PPV.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:28 PM   #25
magik

magik is a PY Poster
I like Tenchoo aswell, i almost pissed myself when he battled Big Kannon, but here it just felt lazy, he did have some great bars though when he wasn't trying to be ''factual'' about his opponent.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:57 PM   #26
Casual

Mentioned: 450 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
soul a beast.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:12 PM   #27
Coma
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca9rl View Post
i was wasted by late in the day but i'm almost sure it was coma who had a sick adele bar
Adele shit
Chase the pavement
The left will sing you a lullabye
Just stay on the fucking ground...
Or it's HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIDE

Dank wrote that for me.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:14 PM   #28
Coma
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
also

people need to not sleep on frankie phraser vs j short

ive been a big advocate for frankie and he finally came with a performance to match his writing and j short came with his best performance to date, probably my favorite battle of the weekend (after the title match)
Shit was absolute flames. Both of those boys have serious pens.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:54 PM   #29
Coma
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
@Coma improved a ton. Him vs Shox was really good
Thank you sir
Old 04-27-2016, 12:35 AM   #30
Schwarzer_Negger

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Schwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time AustraliaSchwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time Australia
Sorry but Soul was getting gassed senseless in his 2nd round. I will watch again later but seriously, you guys are going way overboard. His first was really good though.
Schwarzer_Negger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:50 AM   #31
Ice Cup
-

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Ice Cup is not the worst person
Troy Brown saying Eurgh was going through a mid life Isis, had me rolling. especially when he starts giving high fives.
Ice Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:38 AM   #32
Coma
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cup View Post
Troy Brown saying Eurgh was going through a mid life Isis, had me rolling. especially when he starts giving high fives.
Troy wrote that fucking bar at the venue. Don't know how that dude does this shit.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:39 PM   #33
The Kurgan

Mentioned: 288 Post(s)
The Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Ok have watched the title match a few times now. Soul so far has got the performance of the year IMO (he had it last year for me also). Raptor's 1st 2 were pretty good, but even at his best he was not winning that.

Possibly Soul's best showing to date tbh. Scary that he's still getting better; the crowd control, defusing his opponents angles and the humour was all next level.

I don't see who could beat him right now (in a title match context) in DF tbh, they might have to start looking at internationals.

Anyway, FIRE battle, well worth the price.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:59 PM   #34
ca9rl

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
ca9rl is not the worst person
not even in soul's top five best performances tbh. maybe not even in his top ten performances.
ca9rl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dank4red