Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
So the surprise battle was DNA vs. Diz

Old 06-26-2016, 03:19 AM   #1
Casual

Mentioned: 450 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
So the surprise battle was DNA vs. Diz

Thought Charron was the worst we would get.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:27 AM   #2
r3flex

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
r3flex is not the worst person
Well put.

Dna went to the dictionary and found every word with the "dis" suffix. Same stupid stuff.
r3flex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:34 AM   #3
sundeep

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
sundeep is a PY Poster
I cant complain but damm that was underwhelming when you had pass, illmac, and day in the building.

I think i wouldve preferred a random vs this rematch.

Also it makes no sense that DNA would know who hes battling but diz didnt
might as well just made it a non freestyle one round battle
sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:34 AM   #4
el gordo
part time head turner..

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
el gordo is not the worst person
When he walked out I thought it was classic pak for like 2 seconds.

w/e
el gordo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:36 AM   #5
sundeep

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
sundeep is a PY Poster
and lol i wanna say i am not complaining at all, i just think they went the wrong way about it and just should've done it as a surprise surprise battle

PS. the event was great entertainment with some great battles and definitely satisfied with copping the PPV

Last edited by sundeep; 06-26-2016 at 03:40 AM.
sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:39 AM   #6
ICeeZeeI
Oliver ClothesOff

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
ICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time AustraliaICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by el gordo View Post

Fuuuck

That would have been sooo great

ICeeZeeI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:42 AM   #7
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1452 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
ah fuck. that would've been the one.
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:43 AM   #8
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
this was the battle i cared the least about so i'm gooooood
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Old 06-26-2016, 03:44 AM   #9
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 562 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
I don't believe that dizaster didnt know who he was battling. It seems like an excuse for a lackluster battle. It would only make sense to have diz know who he would battle so that he could be prepared and not lay an egg. I also don't believe it was a bonus battle because they had to have been counting on the diz mystery match to sell some ppvs.

That said, it was a decent one-rounder, but they kinda shot themselves in the foot by making it seem like a bigger deal than it actually turned out to be.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:46 AM   #10
Profess

Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
DiZvsDNA2 was a great choice as a one round bonus battle for the ppv. I agree with Laf n stock that DNA's addressing of the Math situation will probably exceeded a lot of people expectations. Also you really have to hand it to Diz, that 3D printer punch was splendid.

Profess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:48 AM   #11
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

http://kotdtv.com/batb-day-2-potn-poll/

#PNutForPOTN
Quote:
Old 06-26-2016, 03:50 AM   #12
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

don't let the diz stans win!
Quote:
Old 06-26-2016, 03:55 AM   #13
Nikolas34520

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
Can't be mad at the matchup. tbh if there were to be a rematch, this is the best way to go cuz Diz destroyed and sonned DNA freestyling and writtins not knowing who he was battling. Imagine if it was 3 rounds all written, no one in there right minds should ever book that. It's kinda sad cause DNA has only regressed and continues to do so.

Great PPV though, missed Ncredible vs Megadef & E Farrell vs Madflex so gotta watch those before voting for POTN. So far Party Nut has my vote.
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:19 AM   #14
Zero
Big Clowns In The Kitchen

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Zero is a PY Poster
Disgusting
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:39 AM   #15
SpecialOh
©

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
I don't believe that dizaster didnt know who he was battling. It seems like an excuse for a lackluster battle. It would only make sense to have diz know who he would battle so that he could be prepared and not lay an egg. I also don't believe it was a bonus battle because they had to have been counting on the diz mystery match to sell some ppvs.

That said, it was a decent one-rounder, but they kinda shot themselves in the foot by making it seem like a bigger deal than it actually turned out to be.
even just the thought of a battle where 1 guy knows who his opponent is and the other doesent is sooooo weird and dumb
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:43 AM   #16
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 562 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
even just the thought of a battle where 1 guy knows who his opponent is and the other doesent is sooooo weird and dumb
Right. Why would you handicap the main event for one of the battlers if the goal is to put out good content and satisfy customers/consumers? I don't see the logic in it.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:52 AM   #17
SpecialOh
©

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Right. Why would you handicap the main event for one of the battlers if the goal is to put out good content and satisfy customers/consumers? I don't see the logic in it.

theres none. 0 logic it was a lie to create "hype" for a battle they knew ppl wouldnt care 2 much about
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:57 AM   #18
justin0

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
justin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICE
i thought everyone already anticipated that diz knew.
justin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:16 AM   #19
Cheddah12

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Cheddah12 is not the worst person
Battle rap trying to do too much extra shit now. Battle fans just want 2 spitters thrown in the ring, record that shit and release it on youtube. Surprise battles work about 0% of the time and always feel like a letdown.
Cheddah12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:17 AM   #20
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Let's see:
One rounder
Diz with no prep
Two freestylers, but without a rebuttal round for one of them
A rematch

Wow! That is literally a perfect combination of everything wrong with modern battle rap in one.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:11 AM   #21
Rtongsta

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Rtongsta is better than Grind Time AustraliaRtongsta is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
would have much preferred this battle than any other
Old 06-26-2016, 10:11 AM   #22
brodeezy

Mentioned: 627 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Let's see:
One rounder
Diz with no prep
Two freestylers, but without a rebuttal round for one of them
A rematch

Wow! That is literally a perfect combination of everything wrong with modern battle rap in one.

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE: WD7DAY2: https://m.twitch.tv/trappingoutthebandwidth

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:13 AM   #23
culturedboy
#StopBeingDirty

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
culturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddah12 View Post
Battle rap trying to do too much extra shit now. Battle fans just want 2 spitters thrown in the ring, record that shit and release it on youtube. Surprise battles work about 0% of the time and always feel like a letdown.
illmac vs carter deems hall of fame battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
u might pocket check erik but u wouldnt pull up on t top, the nigga built like a uzi in human forms
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormFromOTBVA View Post
your 5 sigs look horrendous
culturedboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:19 AM   #24
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Hmmmm I'll wait til I see it. Didn't see that one coming. Because there's no need for it. If its one round, maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 12:53 PM   #25
Carl Spackler
Cinderella story

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Carl Spackler is better than Grind Time AustraliaCarl Spackler is better than Grind Time Australia
How was reverse/dose?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Carl Spackler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:31 PM   #26
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
i thought everyone already anticipated that diz knew.
Yea did anyone other than Diz say that Diz didn't know who his opponent would be? I honestly can't remember. But I really just took that as Diz joking around like "I can't tell you who I'm battling because it's such a mystery that even I don't know!" Although I do remember Diz making one comment about how he doesn't need to know who he's battling because he's just that good. So that's a little weird. Of course I'm paraphrasing that. Don't wanna take the time to hunt that tweet down. But did Avo or anyone from KOTD say Diz didn't know who he was battling?
I admit that I was initially annoyed when DNA walked out lol but the battle was much better than I expected. i have Diz taking it but they both did pretty well
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:05 PM   #27
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
That was like the worst opponent you could possibly have. I actually shut off the PPV and got ready for bed after that

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:08 PM   #28
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
If this was just an unannounced battle it would be ok But making people care about the opponent for it to be DNA was not a good move. It could have been anyone else.

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:23 PM   #29
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Like they would ever book this rematch with DNA knowing who hes battling but Diz is somehow in the dark, an embarrassing marketing scheme imho in how obviously thick the bullshit is behind the premise. No way n hell Diz rematched DNA without knowing prior.

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:29 PM   #30
track 1

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
this is fucking embarassing
track 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:09 PM   #31
Water Mage

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
I told u guys it was DNA, nobody listened to me
I got insider sources and a lot of dirt on a lot of ppl
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:14 PM   #32
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Yea did anyone other than Diz say that Diz didn't know who his opponent would be? I honestly can't remember. But I really just took that as Diz joking around like "I can't tell you who I'm battling because it's such a mystery that even I don't know!" Although I do remember Diz making one comment about how he doesn't need to know who he's battling because he's just that good. So that's a little weird. Of course I'm paraphrasing that. Don't wanna take the time to hunt that tweet down. But did Avo or anyone from KOTD say Diz didn't know who he was battling?
I admit that I was initially annoyed when DNA walked out lol but the battle was much better than I expected. i have Diz taking it but they both did pretty well
I saw a post by @King Fly that said even he didn't know who Diz was battling. Only Organik, J Pro and the Mystery opponent, who we now know was DNA, knew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
there is no point of rewinding 5 times that 7 guys molested okwerdz family 11 times.
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:37 PM   #33
Hanzaki

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Hanzaki is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
illmac vs carter deems hall of fame battle
truth!
Hanzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:41 PM   #34
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 476 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Old 06-26-2016, 06:00 PM   #35
Cheddah12

Cheddah12 is not the worst person
Bruh Avo fucks with this board heavy and so does J Pro lol

Bet them dudes were behind the scenes crackin the fuck up setting up this battle
Cheddah12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:50 PM   #36
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
I saw a post by @King Fly that said even he didn't know who Diz was battling. Only Organik, J Pro and the Mystery opponent, who we now know was DNA, knew.
I guess now that I think about it, Diz did have multiple bars about his opponent being a mystery. Kind of weird and unbelievable but not impossible. Like a lot of Diz's bars were written but not directed at DNA. but some def were and I can't remember how written they sounded because I only watched once. Interesting none the less
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:18 PM   #37
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
it's amazing how little i cared

laffin all da way 2 da bank yh frfr

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pnutforpotn