Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
How Ya'll rank RBE and ARP?

Old 07-03-2016, 01:32 PM   #1
Profess

Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
How Ya'll rank RBE and ARP?

To be honest, I don't know the history of RBE but they do put out some good matches. I'd need some more info to say if they are a top tier league or not. I'm curious what rmbva thinks about that.

Anyway, I don't have a good read on ARP. I've seen some of his blogs, and at times I've been impressed by his professionalism and thought he had some good visions for taking battle rap to knew heights. At other times I've seen him do some shaky stuff like throwing a meme in a Frozenburg battle, and his fight with Queenz Flip comes across as questionable.

Profess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:41 PM   #2
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
He's cool with it.
Taking a good approach w/ interacting with battlers in blogs (Miltown Bloe does too I believe but I think his shit is deadski)
Definitely attempts in aiming to please the fans of the cult-chur
Isn't too big-headed and tries to stay humble and tries to stand out in terms of being the league owner
Seems like he has good intentions
Is for the battle rapper (Think of him as an orphanage maester in a sense sometimes)
But is also big on street peeps so the other spectrum of battle rap he has yet to divulge in but that's because he's still under the wing
Seems like an over all nice guy. Seems to have genuine love and appreciation for battle rap. Even if he doesn't cater to every scene, he still tries to by watching them, maybe. Seemingly.

"I've been inoculated from the snakes and the fakes and the corny handshakes, cocksucker, we made it, AHhh!" - Jay Z
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:59 PM   #3
Profess

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by god level View Post
He's cool with it.
Taking a good approach w/ interacting with battlers in blogs (Miltown Bloe does too I believe but I think his shit is deadski)
This is interesting, and I think you are meaning more then just mentioning battlers names in blogs. If so, can easily provide an example?
Old 07-03-2016, 02:11 PM   #4
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
This is interesting, and I think you are meaning more then just mentioning battlers names in blogs. If so, can easily provide an example?

But I believe he only did this cause Jimz is showing great backing for RBE

And the whole Cortez and him talking and shit. You don't see league owners really talking to people. Addressing vloggers. blase blase blase blase
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 02:18 PM   #5
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by god level View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1M9zVG1C4Q

But I believe he only did this cause Jimz is showing great backing for RBE

And the whole Cortez and him talking and shit. You don't see league owners really talking to people. Addressing vloggers. blase blase blase blase
Someone playing devils advocate might say. Isn't SMACK talking to the people here.

But I feel what you are saying because it looks to me like there is a difference though because ARP is making the effort to do stuff that is "produced" not just off the cuff. I appreciate you pointing this out.

Old 07-03-2016, 03:36 PM   #6
culturedboy
#StopBeingDirty

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
culturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICE
Quote:
To be honest, I don't know the history of RBE but they do put out some good matches. I'd need some more info to say if they are a top tier league or not. I'm curious what rmbva thinks about that.

Anyway, I don't have a good read on ARP. I've seen some of his blogs, and at times I've been impressed by his professionalism and thought he had some good visions for taking battle rap to knew heights. At other times I've seen him do some shaky stuff like throwing a meme in a Frozenburg battle, and his fight with Queenz Flip comes across as questionable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL7klZKwJuo
in terms of quality/production value, they're easily in the top 5 that's for sure

1. KOTD
2. Black Ice
3. Don't Flop
4. RBE
5. Smack/URL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
u might pocket check erik but u wouldnt pull up on t top, the nigga built like a uzi in human forms
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormFromOTBVA View Post
your 5 sigs look horrendous
culturedboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 04:06 PM   #7
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
in terms of quality/production value, they're easily in the top 5 that's for sure

1. KOTD
2. Black Ice
3. Don't Flop
4. RBE
5. Smack/URL
I like this list and criteria. I'm surprised it is above URL. Why is that? It's hard for me to comprehend this because at the moment I'm bias due to the weight of classic battles had in the URL/SMACK.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:04 AM   #8
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Anti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
I like this list and criteria. I'm surprised it is above URL. Why is that? It's hard for me to comprehend this because at the moment I'm bias due to the weight of classic battles had in the URL/SMACK.
In terms of actual A/V quality.

URL deserves to be at #5

DON DEMARCO
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:11 AM   #9
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti View Post
In terms of actual A/V quality.

URL deserves to be at #5

DON DEMARCO
Just wondering, any thoughts on why this is?
Old 07-04-2016, 11:45 AM   #10
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Anti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Just wondering, any thoughts on why this is?
The audio is an issue for me, and others; anything Don Demarco does is 10x louder than the bars themselves which... Irritating.

Black Ice have their added effects which, fairly consistently, manage to be hype without crossing that KOTR line of just distracting from the bars themselves. Anything Avo touches is always eye-catching and KOTD's presentation is, undeniably, brilliant.

That's about as much as I can offer. URL isn't terrible, by any means, just it's being done better.

Subjectively, of course, the most visually appealing URL battles are the ones in black and white.
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:15 PM   #11
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1452 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
I think URL looks 100x better than Black Ice
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:34 PM   #12
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'd say they're a top 5 league and they have their lane but booking battles that should be on smack is stupid cause they're never gonna try as hard as they would if it was on a smack card
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:37 PM   #13
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
I'd say they're a top 5 league and they have their lane but booking battles that should be on smack is stupid cause they're never gonna try as hard as they would if it was on a smack card
To me, the jury is still out on their ranking at the moment, but I absolutely agree with the latter. And that leads up to my other question about ARP. Do you think he is vying for the top spot?
Old 07-04-2016, 12:37 PM   #14
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
I think URL looks 100x better than Black Ice
Where does RBE fit in in relation to the two leagues you mentioned?
Old 07-04-2016, 12:46 PM   #15
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 941 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
If URL had a separate channel for just PG battles, I'd rank RBE as the equivalent of that.

Top 5 league for sure. Does a number of things better than the major non-street leagues (KOTD, DF) but still has a lot of room to grow as an overall brand/product.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 01:26 PM   #16
TheFinalWord

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
TheFinalWord is not the worst person
It appears to be a solid platform, my only complaint about it and leagues like it is that it puts on some good battles that don't reach their full potential as its not on smack. This shouldn't be the case but sub consciously I definitely rank them lower or am less amped to view because of this.

URL's marketing has worked on me at least.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:31 PM   #17
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post

1. KOTD
2. Black Ice
3. Don't Flop
4. RBE
5. Smack/URL
I really fuck with this list and order. I'm not saying I completely agree wit the order, but its the mentality behind it I fuck wit(the pure quality.)

I honestly don't have DF as high as people do but I definitely heavily rewatch more KOTD,Black Ice,and RBE battles than I do Smack battles and of the Smack battles I do find myself rewatching, their usually PGs or the type battles you would traditionally see on these other leagues (Ave/Rum, Danny/DAnja, nitty/danja,etc.)

To the OP: I fuck wit RBE quality and his building of his own squad (showoff, Jimz, Jai,etc..,)although I don't think they are as good as ARP does

that shit ARP did wit editing the Rosenburg footage was petty and unveiled that super-sensitive side that has emerged before but he's human tho
overall I def fuck wit RBE
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 01:50 PM   #18
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
If URL had a separate channel for just PG battles, I'd rank RBE as the equivalent of that.

Top 5 league for sure. Does a number of things better than the major non-street leagues (KOTD, DF) but still has a lot of room to grow as an overall brand/product.
@Neanderthol mentioned that ARP is doing a good job at developing talent. Is that one of the areas you'd pinpoint as ways RBE is outperforming some of the non-street leagues?
Old 07-04-2016, 01:52 PM   #19
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord View Post
It appears to be a solid platform, my only complaint about it and leagues like it is that it puts on some good battles that don't reach their full potential as its not on smack. This shouldn't be the case but sub consciously I definitely rank them lower or am less amped to view because of this.

URL's marketing has worked on me at least.
I'm not sure you are saying that RBE's isn't good. But would you rather see them improve their marketing, or focus on quality PG matches?
Old 07-04-2016, 08:36 PM   #20
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 562 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
They're pretty much URL's only competition with UW and GW on their way out. I like ARP, and he seems like a smart, good dude, but his "leagues should be supportive of other leagues" thing is disingenuous to me. It's easy to say that everyone should support each other when you're losing or trying to make it where other people are at. Overall, I agree with the sentiment, but not as it pertains to business. I predict that within a year or so, when they get even bigger, he's gonna feel the same way about other platforms taking his talent, the same way URL does. Kotd is already trying to act like money bagz is one of their guys now, but RBE has been the platform that's kept him relevant. We'll see tho.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:53 PM   #21
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Oh, and that episode of AFR when him Dbo and flip were going at it is hilarious. Dbo got super tight when ARP exposed him hating on dudes in that qotr topic lmao
Old 07-04-2016, 09:41 PM   #22
iamHBY

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
ARP was nice when I met him at BOLA 5, and there's been more than a few battles that I've liked on RBE in recent times. That said, I do think some improvement can still be made in the presentation (I'm not a fan of the sound effects added in post-production), but I do like that their camera work is getting cleaner.

Also, most of the main RBE guys are gonna get washed on BST4 (Mr. Mills is the only one who I think could edge a W tbh).
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:45 AM   #23
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
ARP was nice when I met him at BOLA 5, and there's been more than a few battles that I've liked on RBE in recent times. That said, I do think some improvement can still be made in the presentation (I'm not a fan of the sound effects added in post-production), but I do like that their camera work is getting cleaner.

Also, most of the main RBE guys are gonna get washed on BST4 (Mr. Mills is the only one who I think could edge a W tbh).
It looks like BST's theme is an RBE guy vs a non homegrown name. And ARP has also set up other themed events. If I recall correct, he pioneered the clique vs clique events. According to RBE's youtube page the league's oldest video was released 2 years ago.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:47 AM   #24
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Oh, and that episode of AFR when him Dbo and flip were going at it is hilarious. Dbo got super tight when ARP exposed him hating on dudes in that qotr topic lmao
I haven't watched all the videos from that call, but what I hear was hilarious. So were some of the youtube comments. Calling Debo a referee.

The part that stuck out to me was Debo asking ARP if he would have his back in a fight. That all stemmed from ARP saying he wasn't friends with Math, that are just battle rap associates.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:54 AM   #25
Profess

Quote:
They're pretty much URL's only competition with UW and GW on their way out. I like ARP, and he seems like a smart, good dude, but his "leagues should be supportive of other leagues" thing is disingenuous to me. It's easy to say that everyone should support each other when you're losing or trying to make it where other people are at. Overall, I agree with the sentiment, but not as it pertains to business. I predict that within a year or so, when they get even bigger, he's gonna feel the same way about other platforms taking his talent, the same way URL does. Kotd is already trying to act like money bagz is one of their guys now, but RBE has been the platform that's kept him relevant. We'll see tho.
In a way, ARP reminds me of the young tech CEO that is very innovative yet once the venture money starts coming in they bring in an "experienced CEO" to run things sort of like the Steve Jobs/ John Sculley situation.

I agree about ARP doing a lot of good things and I see a lot of growth for RBE. That said, it seems like some of the qualities that are making ARP a success might be a double edged sword. A good question is, that would tell me more about ARP's character is if his so called disingenuous remarks about leagues supporting each other are based out of ignorance or machiavellianism.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:57 AM   #26
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
It looks like BST's theme is an RBE guy vs a non homegrown name. And ARP has also set up other themed events. If I recall correct, he pioneered the clique vs clique events. According to RBE's youtube page the league's oldest video was released 2 years ago.
I understand that that's the point of the Blood Sweat Tiers series, but I'm just saying that a lot of the names he has pitted against vets for BST 4 are not ones that I have faith in doing all that well (outside of Mr. Mills).
Old 07-05-2016, 06:00 AM   #27
Profess

Quote:
I understand that that's the point of the Blood Sweat Tiers series, but I'm just saying that a lot of the names he has pitted against vets for BST 4 are not ones that I have faith in doing all that well (outside of Mr. Mills).
That's a good point because some might say, you want to put "your guys" in situations where they will come out on top.

That said, others might says that it is a good calculated risk and those of his guys that do come out on top will be propelled to higher levels, and those that don't win, yet put up a good fight will gain positive experience they wouldn't get battling say a no name.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:04 AM   #28
iamHBY

We shall see this weekend. On paper though, I think Showoff, J Murda and Jimz are getting demolished by their respective opponents.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:46 AM   #29
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
We shall see this weekend. On paper though, I think Showoff, J Murda and Jimz are getting demolished by their respective opponents.
On a scale of 1-10, how mad are you gonna be when showoff beats bigg k?

I wanna know now so I can save the file lol
Old 07-05-2016, 06:52 AM   #30
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
In a way, ARP reminds me of the young tech CEO that is very innovative yet once the venture money starts coming in they bring in an "experienced CEO" to run things sort of like the Steve Jobs/ John Sculley situation.

I agree about ARP doing a lot of good things and I see a lot of growth for RBE. That said, it seems like some of the qualities that are making ARP a success might be a double edged sword. A good question is, that would tell me more about ARP's character is if his so called disingenuous remarks about leagues supporting each other are based out of ignorance or machiavellianism.
Definitely machiavellianism if I'm guessing lol. He plays dumb about the reality of capitalism and its place in battle rap (a subset of the entertainment industry), but he knows what time it is.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:58 AM   #31
Profess

Quote:
Definitely machiavellianism if I'm guessing lol. He plays dumb about the reality of capitalism and its place in battle rap (a subset of the entertainment industry), but he knows what time it is.
We'll have to see but with a lot of the stars from SMACK moving onto MTV ect and others pricing themselves out of the game.. it might become more debatable whom is doing the best at developing new talent RBE or URL.

There was a time when very few thought myspace wouldn't always be top social media dog.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:02 AM   #32
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
We'll have to see but with a lot of the stars from SMACK moving onto MTV ect and others pricing themselves out of the game.. it might become more debatable whom is doing the best at developing new talent RBE or URL.

There was a time when very few thought myspace wouldn't always be top social media dog.
Right, good point. We'll see...
Old 07-05-2016, 12:35 PM   #33
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 941 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Quote:
@Neanderthol mentioned that ARP is doing a good job at developing talent. Is that one of the areas you'd pinpoint as ways RBE is outperforming some of the non-street leagues?
RBE is good at taking established battlers (Ah Di Boom, Big Kannon, JC, Ooops, etc) who aren't getting main stage URL looks and giving them meaningful match-ups on a well respected platform.

I think RBE has a ways to go in terms of "developing" talent (taking a lower-viewed battler from a much smaller league and turning him into a "name" on their league [versus remaining a no-name]). I'd say they are better at keeping battlers relevant on the "street scene" and keeping a buzz alive for them to get high-profile matches on competitor leagues like Gorilla Warfare, Black Ice Cartel, Spit dat Heat, etc.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote