Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
What the hell is going on with Don't Flop?

Old 08-05-2016, 01:55 PM   #1
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
What the hell is going on with Don't Flop?

It seems like not too long ago, we were all talking about how DF was on the rise, especially after how great Don't Flop USA has been. Now it seems like all of a sudden people are saying the league's dying. Apparently Cruger and Bagnall have left for UNILAD? You've got dedicated staff like Bamalam quitting. And apparently fans haven't been thrilled with the latest UK cards. What's going on? Is this actually the beginning of the end like folks are saying, or is this just another case of battle rap fans exaggerating?

I guess the writing has sort of been on the walls. People have long criticized Eurgh for bad business, and he hasn't carried himself in a way that best represents the league. But I guess I just assumed things were ok.
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:00 PM   #2
JR77

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Oshea only has 2 solo DF battles in a year or so
Dont Flop is fucked without him
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:03 PM   #3
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
UNILAD? Is that some sort of cult
Bamalam is a non factor to me honestly bruv
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:05 PM   #4
Gopher D'Gusto

Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by god level View Post
UNILAD? Is that some sort of cult
Bamalam is a non factor to me honestly bruv
UNILAD is basically the British Buzzfeed.

And I only mention Bam because someone posted one of his Facebook posts in here and it seemed pretty damning.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:08 PM   #5
track 1

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
hate how the british say the word battle

BAT-O
track 1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:17 PM   #6
Gopher D'Gusto

Quote:
Originally Posted by track 1 View Post
hate how the british say the word battle

BAT-O
Yeah, that was definitely the point of the thread. Awesome contribution.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:21 PM   #7
JonDemarco
I'm Nationwide.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
JonDemarco is not the worst person
Lol they left for unilad? That whole ladbible/unilad thing is beyond shit.
JonDemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:26 PM   #8
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
I had no idea any of this shit was happening until that thread yesterday. I know they had that hiccup with the whole channel being taken off YouTube for a minute by mistake, but other than that, this is a surprise. I thought the last DFUSA event was dope and just assumed they were putting the next big card together.

But Cruger leaving. Damn. That stings. Especially for a LadBible affiliate.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:31 PM   #9
Casual

Mentioned: 450 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDemarco View Post
Lol they left for unilad? That whole ladbible/unilad thing is beyond shit.
Yeah but they probably actually get paid there.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:35 PM   #10
Casual

Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Eurgh has always been doing pretty bad business. Doesn't seem like he's every wanted much to do with paying his local talent. Even the top tier out there (ie. Shotty) took shots at him for wasting all the money on top tier American talent who no show. I'm sure most of the mid tier international talent was fine with just the flight and hotel/some spending money since it's a chance to see England, but that allure wears off pretty quick.

When was the last good DF event? Not including DFUSA since Eurgh doesn't seem to have much to do with that business wise.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:36 PM   #11
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
can I get a link for that thread about bamalams fb post?

safe to say mfers just wasnt making enough gwop, and tbh these dudes were kinda young i mean crugers around my age- early 20s, he was a young teen when he was first spotted on those wrc tapes and when he first started battling.. they had to make adult decisions i mean to make df as popular as it was for how young they were is amazing but obi these guys arent business geniuses- i mean eurgh went from practicing freestyle multis with arkaic in his bedroom at his moms house to being host of a league with no real business education in between..

they only seemed on the rise because of the df usa stuff tho before that they were defo on the decline with shotty kinda folding, lunar c's comeback being lukewarm, the oshea novelty diminishing.. the only british thing keeping them together was shufflo but they have 0 competition and since they wont battle thesaurus illmac or juce and wapps they're kinda weak to me now. shuffles a delight but he can only keep it up for so long imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
I had more in my arsonal I would have fucked you until daylyt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick

Last edited by Lebron Jereurghmy; 08-05-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Lebron Jereurghmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:38 PM   #12
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 639 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Having a rap name like Eurgh seems stupid to me.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:40 PM   #13
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron Jereurghmy View Post
can I get a link for that thread about bamalams fb post?

safe to say mfers just wasnt making enough gwop, and tbh these dudes were kinda young i mean crugers around my age- early 20s, he was a young teen when he was first spotted on those wrc tapes and when he first started battling.. they had to make adult decisions i mean to make df as popular as it was for how young they were is amazing but obi these guys are business geniuses- i mean eurgh went from practicing freestyle multis with arkaic in his bedroom at his moms house to being host of a league with no real business education
I mean you don't need the education to figure it out necessarily. But yeah, Eurgh seems like he never really treated it like a business.

Ganik doesn't have a business education either, but he's running KOTD like a legit business.

Compare how they book international battlers...KOTD is setting guys up with legit contracts, proper border documentation, etc. Whereas based on stories that have been told, Eurgh basically tells battlers to just lie and say they're visiting family/friends....then if that doesn't work he just leaves them at the airport.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:53 PM   #14
JonDemarco
I'm Nationwide.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
JonDemarco is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Yeah but they probably actually get paid there.

True but man, I'd honestly be embarrassed to say I worked for them.
JonDemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:12 PM   #15
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Bagnall and cruger work for Unilad but haven't left DF yet I'm pretty sure but yeah they're looking shaky. It's a shame because they've thrown some really good events but they haven't had anything since the 7bw that made me want to go. It's hard to put a specific reason to it but i think it's a mix of lazy matchups, loss of character (the atmosphere at events and the diversity with battlers) and staff fall outs. Bam's post about Sunburn was really on point and it's good to see him say it because the staff have that annoying habit of just dismissing fans concerns or complaints, that's way too prevalent in battle rap. Doesn't help that their main medium for fan opinions is mostly just an echo chamber of mindless dickriders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
there is no point of rewinding 5 times that 7 guys molested okwerdz family 11 times.

Last edited by rogermellie; 08-05-2016 at 04:17 PM.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:15 PM   #16
rogermellie

rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
That all being said i do think they'll pull it out of the bag for 8bw but after that we'll see it start to fade out.
Quote:
Quote:
there is no point of rewinding 5 times that 7 guys molested okwerdz family 11 times.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:49 PM   #17
rikkymang

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
rikkymang is a PY Poster
Can you hook up a link to Bamalam's post about sunburn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
Bagnall and cruger work for Unilad but haven't left DF yet I'm pretty sure but yeah they're looking shaky. It's a shame because they've thrown some really good events but they haven't had anything since the 7bw that made me want to go. It's hard to put a specific reason to it but i think it's a mix of lazy matchups, loss of character (the atmosphere at events and the diversity with battlers) and staff fall outs. Bam's post about Sunburn was really on point and it's good to see him say it because the staff have that annoying habit of just dismissing fans concerns or complaints, that's way too prevalent in battle rap. Doesn't help that their main medium for fan opinions is mostly just an echo chamber of mindless dickriders.
rikkymang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:54 PM   #18
Gopher D'Gusto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkymang View Post
Can you hook up a link to Bamalam's post about sunburn?
http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=677615&postcount=11
Old 08-05-2016, 05:15 PM   #19
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
I mean you don't need the education to figure it out necessarily. But yeah, Eurgh seems like he never really treated it like a business.

Ganik doesn't have a business education either, but he's running KOTD like a legit business.

Compare how they book international battlers...KOTD is setting guys up with legit contracts, proper border documentation, etc. Whereas based on stories that have been told, Eurgh basically tells battlers to just lie and say they're visiting family/friends....then if that doesn't work he just leaves them at the airport.
organik seems a little older/more mature than eurgh and looking at people like bishop brigante and even lush one these guys have actual experience/connections in the entertainment industry which probably helped a lot. even though its easy to diss those guys they actually kinda a lil bit knew what they were doing? it seems like eurgh n them just happened to be british and liked battling so thru geography and liking the same thing it just happened to click. which is actually what I think ppl liked about dont flop- it was almost like a cheeky british sitcom with a colorful cast of characters and friends more so than an actual business enterprise.

Quote:
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
I had more in my arsonal I would have fucked you until daylyt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick
Lebron Jereurghmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:33 PM   #20
RyMo
Contributor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
RyMo is not the worst person
Bagnall and Cruger still do work for Don't Flop...just have other jobs as well.
RyMo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:46 PM   #21
erfworm

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
I would rather be a poo tank diver than work for UNILAD.
erfworm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:52 PM   #22
Nikolas34520

Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
Thanks @Gopher D'Gusto for making this thread. It's sad to see DF going under seeing as there up there with KOTD & URL but if they continue there current path they'll be as relevant as grindtime. Who's the Mad Ill in this situation?
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:54 PM   #23
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1168 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
i dunno working for UNILAD seems pretty awesome to me and im really happy to see liam finally stress free and enjoying life and traveling.

seeing people happy >
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:07 PM   #24
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
I think Eurgh just really needs to revise the way he deals with people or find someone to deal with the human side of things. They need a Joe silva type to get all that shit done and leave Eurgh to do whatever else.
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:11 PM   #25
Squidwardsclarinet

Squidwardsclarinet is not the worst person
It's sad to see something like this happen and gives some credence to Eurgh doing bad business if his main guys are jumping ship. Or it may just be another hustle for these guys and battle rap isn't lucrative to do as a single job. Just a quick look at views and you can easily see the disparity between US video views and UK ones and even focus moving to an Aussie DF card. May have just been a mixture of estranging battlers like Unan and not growing enough popular home talent. It's weird because 7BW and last years Sunburn looked like a great success both view wise and in the venue.
Squidwardsclarinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:19 PM   #26
Gopher D'Gusto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
i dunno working for UNILAD seems pretty awesome to me and im really happy to see liam finally stress free and enjoying life and traveling.

seeing people happy >
Liam's an awesome person! I'm glad he's happy, too. The point of this thread isn't to criticize anyone for leaving. It's to figure out what's actually happening.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:30 PM   #27
rogermellie

Now Eurgh has cancelled @Dank Schrader & @youdontwannabethatguy's battles at Sunburn. It looks like Dank's was cancelled because of his opponent Bard talking shit, which is just hilarious tbh since that was the whole reason the battle was booked in the first place.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-05-2016, 06:35 PM   #28
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post

seeing people happy >
don't get any ideas though.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:02 PM   #29
Gopher D'Gusto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
Now Eurgh has cancelled @Dank Schrader & @youdontwannabethatguy's battles at Sunburn. It looks like Dank's was cancelled because of his opponent Bard talking shit, which is just hilarious tbh since that was the whole reason the battle was booked in the first place.
Battler rappers talking shit before a battle? That's unheard of! How dare they!
Old 08-05-2016, 07:08 PM   #30
PilesOG1

PilesOG1 is a PY Poster
I'm a brit and got sick of watching these shit battlers like Danny Jaqq who seem to get a shit load of battles for being a part of Eurgh's clique.

I could be wrong but once people like that Callum guy started to get involved and pretentious battlers like Heretic were being hailed as great it seemed to go down hill.

I barely watch df which is a shame because they got me into battling.

Thanks for making this thread. I'm a long time lurker and been wondering when this topic would come up.
PilesOG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:09 PM   #31
iamHBY

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Wait, what's the lineup for Sunburn 3? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:13 PM   #32
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
My battle was cancelled for nothing tbh which is the only reason im annoyed im done with dont flop they're never getting another penny from me
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:15 PM   #33
rogermellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
Battler rappers talking shit before a battle? That's unheard of! How dare they!
It's because he slagged off Eurgh but they booked him in the first place because he's a known hater of Don't Flop and Eurgh particularly. It was meant to be like a heel thing.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-05-2016, 07:30 PM   #34
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
My battle was cancelled for nothing tbh which is the only reason im annoyed im done with dont flop they're never getting another penny from me
That fucking sucks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:31 PM   #35
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
2 years KOTR will be running uk battling

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:36 PM   #36
Nikolas34520

Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Wait, what's the lineup for Sunburn 3? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:44 PM   #37
iamHBY

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas34520 View Post
That.....is kind of underwhelming.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 03:52 AM   #38
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
Wait so is that "Villun" or is "Villain" someone else? Smdh
Old 08-06-2016, 05:46 AM   #39
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Some people last year confused everyone being interchangeable for depth. Chickens = coming home to roost.
Jack Deuce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:49 PM   #40
JR77

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@Dank Schrader would've been a top 5 battler on that card
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote