Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Toronto events might go more smoothly if Bishop didnt abuse the crowd?

Old 09-07-2016, 11:59 AM   #1
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Toronto events might go more smoothly if Bishop didnt abuse the crowd?

People pay their hard earned money to attend these events and have a good night out and they probably don't take to kindly to being yelled at to shut the fuck up when their just kickin it with their friends before the battle starts or between rounds.

Nobody is the slightest bit intimidated by him so they just continue to talk. It would probably make me want to talk more on that fuck you I won't do what you tell me tip.

Isn't this guy meant to be an mc? The nigga has absolutely no idea of how to control a crowd. Maybe try to rock with the audience and engage them. Not yell at them and threaten to kick them out.

Same goes for that DJ Docta guy. Wasn't he yelling at the crowd at one stage too. Why not drown them out by Droppin a track or a Don Demarco or something. Of course people are gon talk at an event when there's no music or battles happening.

45 minute breaks between battles probably don't help the situation either
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:05 PM   #2
wreckedangle
@wreckedangle

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
wreckedangle is not the worst person
whoa
ONLY DUMB NIGGA'S THINK ITS THE SAME PAIR I GOT SO MANY I COULD START A LINE...SLIME
WHOA!!!!
wreckedangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:30 PM   #3
Casual

Mentioned: 450 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Nah let's not start with this Bishop hate again, remember how much the events sucked for that year or so he left? Yeah.

Anyway, I think the only thing to get the crowd to be better is to fix the scheduling. Make the schedule consistent, battle, 20 minute break, repeat.

The crowd gets restless because they end up standing around for an undetermined amount of time, then once the majority stops caring it's impossible to get them back. No need for random ass hour long breaks, especially no need for them to pretend they'll be back in 5 minutes.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:37 PM   #4
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
the combination of playing music during long breaks whilst having a DJ play the hits creates a bar/club atmosphere in between battles.....then they expect people to break out of this instantly when its battle time.....i've always found that disconnect to be a problem if you want the crowd to act like a studio audience....you need a host who can keep them engaged rather than, OK, next battle in a half hour, you guys entertain yourselfs and you better be right back with us when we get back or we throwin' you out!!!!

can't have it both ways. bwap

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:46 PM   #5
Battlehogg

Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Nah let's not start with this Bishop hate again, remember how much the events sucked for that year or so he left? Yeah.

Anyway, I think the only thing to get the crowd to be better is to fix the scheduling. Make the schedule consistent, battle, 20 minute break, repeat.

The crowd gets restless because they end up standing around for an undetermined amount of time, then once the majority stops caring it's impossible to get them back. No need for random ass hour long breaks, especially no need for them to pretend they'll be back in 5 minutes.
I'm sure he does a lot of good things behind the scenes I'm not arguing with that. He just sux as a host. How many times did he tell people to shut the fuck up or your getting kicked out and fuck all happened. He just doesn't have that presence to control a crowd that someone like Poison Pen has.

Agreed about the schedule thing. 20 mins is more than ample time to duck out for a smoke, take a piss, get a drink or whatever. Maybe even run a couple of the undercards back to back to keep things movin. Once again though this is the hosts not doing their job right. Organik is guilty of this too
Old 09-07-2016, 01:05 PM   #6
Battlehogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
the combination of playing music during long breaks whilst having a DJ play the hits creates a bar/club atmosphere in between battles.....then they expect people to break out of this instantly when its battle time.....i've always found that disconnect to be a problem if you want the crowd to act like a studio audience....you need a host who can keep them engaged rather than, OK, next battle in a half hour, you guys entertain yourselfs and you better be right back with us when we get back or we throwin' you out!!!!

Good points. Personally I don't mind that bar/club atmosphere between battles. Gotta have something to listen too, but its the battles that ive paid too see. I guess not everyone is the same tho.

Definitely need a host that keeps the crowd engaged which I know ain't an easy thing to do but that's the difference between a good host and an average one. Anybody can say "Aye yo KOTD put yo money where your mouth is I'm your host... rah rah rah etc etc. Actually being able to control a crowd and have them rockin wit you is another thing.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:27 PM   #7
Fingers

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Fingers is not the worst person
Both Gully & Bishop need to work on diversifying their 8-10 seconds of shine. The Gully "KOTD store - cop something for you Girl" for 4 events straight. And it'd be ok, we're really ok with Bishop putting the mirror away for forever.

I'm not suggesting be Lush One. But Pen manages to say something basic and charismatic and gets the crowd to respond with his 8-10 seconds.

When Bishop hit that dude during the Shotty Hitman battle - that was definitely an unnecessary low-point.

Organik is 100% on-point though.
Fingers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:40 PM   #8
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlehogg View Post
Good points. Personally I don't mind that bar/club atmosphere between battles. Gotta have something to listen too, but its the battles that ive paid too see. I guess not everyone is the same tho.

Definitely need a host that keeps the crowd engaged which I know ain't an easy thing to do but that's the difference between a good host and an average one. Anybody can say "Aye yo KOTD put yo money where your mouth is I'm your host... rah rah rah etc etc. Actually being able to control a crowd and have them rockin wit you is another thing.
its just having a crowd switch from party atmosphere to sit and listen quietly atmosphere on a dime is not easy....i dunno what the solution is...well i mean, i do...its host in between battles that can engage the crowd and way shorter breaks....like 10 minutes in between battles, with a host on stage with a DJ the whole time, doing crowd and response with the DJ and crowd....or doing crowd work with the audience...etc etc....10 minutes between battles...then one bigger intermission in the middle of the event...

thats how u solve the crowd talking issue....the hosting now is horrendous.....especially if the crowd is hearing the same promos for merch and slogans for the 6th time in the evening and are 5 drinks in by then...its not attention grabbing

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:49 PM   #9
Casual

Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
Both Gully & Bishop need to work on diversifying their 8-10 seconds of shine. The Gully "KOTD store - cop something for you Girl" for 4 events straight. And it'd be ok, we're really ok with Bishop putting the mirror away for forever.

I'm not suggesting be Lush One. But Pen manages to say something basic and charismatic and gets the crowd to respond with his 8-10 seconds.

When Bishop hit that dude during the Shotty Hitman battle - that was definitely an unnecessary low-point.

Organik is 100% on-point though.
lmao yeah.

gully just be like "YO COP SOMETHING FOR YOUR GIRL AND SUBSCRIBE TO GZ BATTLES"

those are the last two things anyone would do, regardless how many times they're told.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:54 PM   #10
Battlehogg

So I think we all agree that these long ass breaks in between battles are really fuckin things up. Not to mention events starting mad late and going for 8hrs+ Solving these issues might fix half the problem of a restless crowd and incompetent hosts
Old 09-07-2016, 02:03 PM   #11
Casual

Quote:
So I think we all agree that these long ass breaks in between battles are really fuckin things up. Not to mention events starting mad late and going for 8hrs+ Solving these issues might fix half the problem of a restless crowd and incompetent hosts
yeah

i mean think if you went to a basketball game. start time was 7.

but then they heard kobe was gonna be late getting to the venue so instead they started letting the crowds in at 7.

7:30 rolls around and the announcer comes on the PA like "YALL READY TO SEE SOME BASKETBALL!?"

8 oclock comes and kobe is at the arena but needs a massage so they send the refs and mascot out to do some entertainment.

830 someone on the PA says the games about to start get back to your seats.

9 oclock they about to do tipoff but can't find the ball so they send some kid to the store to cop one.

in the meantime they got dude on the PA telling you to sit tight and go to their online store and but a vintage lakers headband for ya girl and to buy the NBA Europe package to catch all of croatia league live.

10 oclock tipoff. some dude gets fouled at 1015 and they decide on a 20 minute break.

halftime at 11. supposed to be 15 minutes but the mascots are late getting to the court so that gets extended.

2nd half ends up starting at 1230. clock won't work though so it's pushed back.

130 rolls around and they're just about the start the 4th. kobe gotta date though so they cancel it and say it'll be rescheduled for a later time and everyone with a ticket will be able to peep.
Old 09-07-2016, 02:22 PM   #12
Battlehogg

Quote:
yeah

but then they heard kobe was gonna be late getting to the venue so instead they started letting the crowds in at 7.

7:30 rolls around and the announcer comes on the PA like "YALL READY TO SEE SOME BASKETBALL!?"

8 oclock comes and kobe is at the arena but needs a massage so they send the refs and mascot out to do some entertainment.

9 oclock they about to do tipoff but can't find the ball so they send some kid to the store to cop one.

in the meantime they got dude on the PA telling you to sit tight and go to their online store and but a vintage lakers headband for ya girl and to buy the NBA Europe package to catch all of croatia league live.

10 oclock tipoff. some dude gets fouled at 1015 and they decide on a 20 minute break.

halftime at 11. supposed to be 15 minutes but the mascots are late getting to the court so that gets extended.

130 rolls around and they're just about the start the 4th. kobe gotta date though so they cancel it and say it'll be rescheduled for a later time and everyone with a ticket will be able to peep.
Haha It sounds harsh but that's basically what went down (not just the first night but the second too). At least all the battles actually happened for once which is probably a first so I will give them that.

I hope they take some of this feedback away and try to improve things but lets be real! That probably won't happen
Old 09-07-2016, 02:23 PM   #13
Henrik

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Henrik is not the worst person
^^^hahah

I don't care, to me the setup for Blackout 5 with the seated venue was great. I get the point about the crowd reactions being a bit too low maybe, but nobody needed to be reminded to shut the fuck up, because everybody were really comfortable to begin with.

Sitting down and drinking while watching battles as if they were a movie >>>
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 02:25 PM   #14
Poems 4 Man

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Poems 4 Man is not the worst person
OP is way too critical. You're mashing everything together to fit your narrative of a dislike for Bishop Brigante.

Hosts dont yell at the crowd between battles. They ask the crowd to be quiet before the next battle starts. So basically its a 5 minute prep warm-up before they start filming where they try to regain control of the room. Of course everyone knows it's not an easy task to quiet a room full of people who are drinking with loud music playing in the background... but the point is, you're at a BATTLE event. A battle event has unwritten rules that regulars are familiar with or if you're new, will quickly understand how it works.

I'd rather have the break between battles with music playing to get drinks, go for a smoke or talk to other people than have host tryna finesse me to be quiet for 30 minutes... pretty much takes the fun out of actually being in person and attending an event.

So I disagree OP, you are exaggerating the importance of something trivial.
Poems 4 Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 02:41 PM   #15
Battlehogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poems 4 Man View Post
OP is way too critical. You're mashing everything together to fit your narrative of a dislike for Bishop Brigante.

Hosts dont yell at the crowd between battles. They ask the crowd to be quiet before the next battle starts. So basically its a 5 minute prep warm-up before they start filming where they try to regain control of the room. Of course everyone knows it's not an easy task to quiet a room full of people who are drinking with loud music playing in the background... but the point is, you're at a BATTLE event. A battle event has unwritten rules that regulars are familiar with or if you're new, will quickly understand how it works.

I'd rather have the break between battles with music playing to get drinks, go for a smoke or talk to other people than have host tryna finesse me to be quiet for 30 minutes... pretty much takes the fun out of actually being in person and attending an event.

So I disagree OP, you are exaggerating the importance of something trivial.
Did you see the event? He must of told people to shut da fuck up and threaten to kick people out at least 50 times over those 2 nights. It comes across as corny because it clearly wasn't working and he says it like he's some kinda hard nigga. But Wow nothing happened!

I never said anything bout a host finessing people for 30 mins. 30 min breaks for an event like that is way too long anyways. but it was actually worse than that in some cases
Old 09-07-2016, 02:47 PM   #16
Poems 4 Man

Quote:
Did you see the event? He must of told people to shut da fuck up and threaten to kick people out at least 50 times over those 2 nights. It comes across as corny because it clearly wasn't working and he says it like he's some kinda hard nigga. But Wow nothing happened!

I never said anything bout a host finessing people for 30 mins. 30 min breaks for an event like that is way too long anyways. but it was actually worse than that in some cases
Aren't you the same loser who made another thread questioning why Bishop and Nikiya are down with Team Homi as if they weren't worthy or something on some super gay shit?

Yes, yes you are. http://rmbva.com/showthread.php?t=25289

Re. your comment, you are completely misrepresenting the facts of what occurred. I didnt see Day 1 but I heard the crowd was difficult to control but the 2nd day I did watch, and the crowd was great. The hosts rarely had to tell them to be quiet when it came time to film. Also by the last battle, Organik and Bishop literally thanked the criowd and said they had been the best crowd they have ever had (in regards to unwanted noise).

Soooo... you're really just tryna shit on KOTD without evidence to back up you claims. Try again.

Based on your posting history, it seems to be you have a hate hard-on for Bishop and KOTD affiliates. Grow up child.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:02 PM   #17
Battlehogg

Quote:
Aren't you the same loser who made another thread questioning why Bishop and Nikiya are down with Team Homi as if they weren't worthy or something on some super gay shit?

Yes, yes you are. http://rmbva.com/showthread.php?t=25289

Re. your comment, you are completely misrepresenting the facts of what occurred. I didnt see Day 1 but I heard the crowd was difficult to control but the 2nd day I did watch, and the crowd was great. The hosts rarely had to tell them to be quiet when it came time to film. Also by the last battle, Organik and Bishop literally thanked the criowd and said they had been the best crowd they have ever had (in regards to unwanted noise).

Soooo... you're really just tryna shit on KOTD without evidence to back up you claims. Try again.

Based on your posting history, it seems to be you have a hate hard-on for Bishop and KOTD affiliates. Grow up child.
Didn't see Day one and apparently I'm the one without evidence. Ok. I'm not really trying to shit on them at all. Just suggesting things they can do to improve what they are doing.

And na I don't really like Bishop. At least not as a host. Get over it
Old 09-07-2016, 03:13 PM   #18
Poems 4 Man

Quote:
Didn't see Day one and apparently I'm the one without evidence. Ok. I'm not really trying to shit on them at all. Just suggesting things they can do to improve what they are doing.

And na I don't really like Bishop. At least not as a host. Get over it
I just told you I heard the crowd was difficult to control on day 1... yet day 2 apparently was the complete opposite. Seems like their doing pretty good without your terrible suggestions.

Its ok not to like Bishop, just don't try to misconstrue actual facts to make your point about it. It's petty and childish.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:26 PM   #19
Battlehogg

Quote:
I just told you I heard the crowd was difficult to control on day 1... yet day 2 apparently was the complete opposite. Seems like their doing pretty good without your terrible suggestions.

Its ok not to like Bishop, just don't try to misconstrue actual facts to make your point about it. It's petty and childish.
It wasn't the complete opposite at all. I'm not trying to misconstrue anything. Day 2 was better as far as the battles went. But it still ran mad late (like they didn't learn a thing) , went for way too long for what it was, bullshit amount of time between some of the battles. Those are facts! and wasn't hosted very well in my opinion.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:39 PM   #20
Poems 4 Man

Quote:
It wasn't the complete opposite at all. I'm not trying to misconstrue anything. Day 2 was better as far as the battles went. But it still ran mad late (like they didn't learn a thing) , went for way too long for what it was, bullshit amount of time between some of the battles. Those are facts! and wasn't hosted very well in my opinion.
When it comes to crowd noise and the hosts asking the crowd to be quiet, it was the complete opposite on Day 2. That is what the premise of this thread is about isn't it? (according to your thread title)

The event ended around 2 am (fine with me considering 2 am is last call in toronto and they need to maximize the profits the venue can make)... and the time in between battles wasn't too bad. In fact, I noticed they would do 2 battles in a row with maybe 5 minutes or so in between each before a longer break for the next battle. It was fine.

These type of events will never run perfect and for all the unexpected things that occur during managing an event of these size, I think KOTD did pretty good on their last one.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:43 PM   #21
Poems 4 Man

I'm the first one to criticize KOTD if they are doing shady shit or fucking up but at the same time I will give them their props if they are doing things well to the best they can.

I know its fun here to bag on KOTD and trollily team up against them but I just can't get behind this one. Sorry.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:10 PM   #22
Battlehogg

Quote:
I'm the first one to criticize KOTD if they are doing shady shit or fucking up but at the same time I will give them their props if they are doing things well to the best they can.

I know its fun here to bag on KOTD and trollily team up against them but I just can't get behind this one. Sorry.
Ok fair enough. You just go your way and ill go mine. Honestly cant be fucked arguing with you anymore
Old 09-07-2016, 06:02 PM   #23
culturedboy
#StopBeingDirty

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
culturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICE
i brought this up and @'d him in the event he comes back to get the flames from the community again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
u might pocket check erik but u wouldnt pull up on t top, the nigga built like a uzi in human forms
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormFromOTBVA View Post
your 5 sigs look horrendous
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:03 PM   #24
culturedboy
#StopBeingDirty

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
culturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICE
bishop doesn't organize the bunker events and they go better than the kotd mainstays @Casual he's obviously not much of a necessity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
u might pocket check erik but u wouldnt pull up on t top, the nigga built like a uzi in human forms
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormFromOTBVA View Post
your 5 sigs look horrendous
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:32 PM   #25
Franklin Drebin
Police Squad

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Franklin Drebin is better than Grind Time AustraliaFranklin Drebin is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
yeah

My God....Casual lit the thread on fire with this gem.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
I couldn't believe it was her. It was like a dream. But there she was, just as I remembered her. That delicately beautiful face. And a body that could melt a cheese sandwich from across the room. And breasts that seemed to say... "Hey! Look at these!" She was the kind of woman who made you want to drop to your knees and thank God you were a man! She reminded me of my mother, all right. No doubt about it.
Franklin Drebin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:29 PM   #26
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 639 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
@Battlehogg are you mad they kicked you outta the event? I mean you was making a lot of noise interrupting Rone like that lol.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:43 PM   #27
Battlehogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
@Battlehogg are you mad they kicked you outta the event? I mean you was making a lot of noise interrupting Rone like that lol.
Haha. You gotta start throwing tables and shit to get kicked out of a KOTD Toronto event.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:50 PM   #28
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
idk but I did find it hilarious how they told everyone BUT head ice to shut the fuck up about 50 times thru out the event before wrapping up by telling them they were the greatest crowd ever

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:19 AM   #29
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Quote:
Haha. You gotta start throwing tables and shit to get kicked out of a KOTD Toronto event.
Nope all it takes is one loud mouth guy to interrupt a battle and KOTD will kick you out.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
Old 09-08-2016, 04:20 AM   #30
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRon da Dong View Post
idk but I did find it hilarious how they told everyone BUT head ice to shut the fuck up about 50 times thru out the event before wrapping up by telling them they were the greatest crowd ever
If I was Gully or Ganik or Bishop I wouldn't tell Head Ice to quiet down. That guy is like 275LB and doesn't need a gun to kill someone.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:06 PM   #31
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
I never gave 2 shits about Bishop either way, I mean I'm completely indifferent to his existence but I will say this:
that shit he pulled with Real Deal after his first vs Bulletz was bullshit
AFTER RD FINALLY GOT THE CROWD INTO THE BATTLE , this asshole throws in some editorials bout going over time, the shit instantly made the staff seem biased
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:34 PM   #32
Nabisco

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Nabisco is not the worst person
I've been saying this shit about Bishop forever. I don't care how much of a Canadian legend this rollie pollie clown claims to be or is.

He's a little chunky dufus try hard with his 9 1/4 size hat and glasses talking bout mirrors all the time.

It's one thing to try and get the crowd to be quiet but its another for Bishop to continually act like a hard ass, threaten to kick people out, call the crowd names, etc.

I know he's not technically the ring leader but he represents the brand and I've never heard Smack or Beasley addressing their fans as "motherfuckers" or "pussies", telling them to shut the fuck up, literally talking down to their fans.

It's prevalent on KOTD's POVs which I'll never buy anymore of (in Canada/not bunker) b/c of Bishop's sloppy drunk, vodka/water sippin ass.

Do people actually respect this dude? He'd get bitch slapped here so I can't even fathom people listening to him lol.

On the other hand, Travis and Avocado seem like genuinely great, professional dudes and I appreciate all they do.
Nabisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:42 PM   #33
Hanzaki

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Hanzaki is not the worst person
Lol, at people catching feelings over Bishop. That being said I think Scott Jackson is the best MC KOTD has ever had and has great crowd control.

You don't tell Head Ice to be quiet because dude is adding to the battles not subtracting from them. The people by the bar talking fuck up the battles and the audio. Telling Head Ice not to go nuts is like telling me not to laugh.
Hanzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:42 PM   #34
ICeeZeeI
Oliver ClothesOff

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
ICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time AustraliaICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time Australia
I think its uncalled for. Just makes him look like a fool imho. I dont really think it makes KOTD look bad just makes Bishop look bad.

People will soon be saying " Ohh theres that fucking asshole again who tells people to shut the fuck up" Its not a tough look. Its just very annoying and we all expect it now which is pretty brutal.

And how many people have actually been kicked out? ZERO? Hes been doing this now since he returned.
ICeeZeeI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:25 PM   #35
3PFDPgh
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
3PFDPgh is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post

THIS!!!! Also, Start on Time! I know that's completely counter-cultural to battle rap, but if you're consistent over time fans will adjust and get there on time. You teach people how to treat you by the way you act, and by starting 45 minutes to 2+ hours late, leagues teach the crowds that they can show up mad late and not miss anything. If you want to be a professional organization this needs to change. How would you feel if you showed up for a sports game that was supposed to start at 7pm and they didn't start till 8:30 or 9? That plus running battles consistently (back to back with only a couple breaks) will help keep a crowd engaged and not waste time and lose interest. You can play music and have the "club" like atmosphere as an after party.
3PFDPgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:28 PM   #36
3PFDPgh
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
3PFDPgh is a PY Poster
Quote:
yeah

This is actually a great breakdown of how ridiculous the scheduling is. On Point!
3PFDPgh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
poems4man destroys battlehogg