Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
URL Summer Madness 6: Cancelled (UnbiasReview)

Old 09-19-2016, 12:24 PM   #1
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 562 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
URL Summer Madness 6: Cancelled (UnbiasReview)

Keep the the left field stuff ➡️here⬅️, plz & thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekelon View Post
Well thanks, I don't know how long this will last, but if you let me post I won't let you down...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
also the Venn diagram of people who wanna hear me use venn diagrams to explain things and people who care what I have to say, is nearly a perfect circle so I dunno what's what anymore....
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:42 PM   #2
Marcus

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
St-louis vs new york
hitman holla vs murda mook
ayeverb vs loaded lux
b magic vs chess
yung ill vs mr wavy
showoutt vs k-shine (boxing url title match)
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:12 PM   #3
Soda Popinski
Bitches Love Soda

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Soda Popinski is not the worst person
Worst kept battle rap secret of 2016?
Old 09-19-2016, 01:30 PM   #4
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i really don't care tbh. URL has been pretty great this year with small events alone. i mean, it sucks because SM is always the card to look forward to, but shit happens.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:51 PM   #5
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Only sad for one reason gotta wait another year to see cal battle smh
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:52 PM   #6
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Real shit what Chris is sayin! Battle rapper prices are way too high these days and that's whats fuckin it up for the fans. Hitman is dope but aint no way hes worth 30k for a battle. That's just ridiculous. A nigga like Rakim only gets like 20k for rockin a 2hr set. So yea maybe URL are better off just doin smaller cards and try to breed some new stars.
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:37 PM   #7
Mark Doubt

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Mark Doubt is not the worst person
battle rappers will learn one way or another that the days of huge paydays are over. it was never feasible to begin with, but now the leagues are done indulging these guys. battlers seem to think they are bigger than battling itself. with leagues not spending numbers they know they wont recoup, said battlers will fade into the background.
Mark Doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:23 PM   #8
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Hitman not having mainstage battles on URL is a huge loss for them and battle rap full stop imo. I'm not commenting on who is right or wrong but I hope they can sort it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
there is no point of rewinding 5 times that 7 guys molested okwerdz family 11 times.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:59 PM   #9
Casual

Mentioned: 450 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
So essentially the top tier have been getting more or less steady pay increases over the last 8 or so years as battle rap has been growing in popularity.

The problem now is that although battle rap is still growing in popularity, the ability to translate the increase has been bottlenecked by the venues available. Too popular for the current venues but not popular enough for the next step up in them.

I unno. Sounds to me like URL better get with this PPV shit because I guarantee you Chess ain't the next Hitman.

I bet in retrospect URL never does SM2. Sure, short term it was great, but long term paying Lux and Mook like that really bit them in the ass. I don't blame Hitman for asking for 30k. I mean, Lux can get 40k on the basis that he battle rapped a really long time ago. Hitman is an F-tier celebrity which still puts him way the fuck ahead of that.

Also, Chris is making it seem like battle rappers PROMOTING battles is a bad thing. Which is fucking baffling to me. Like shame on these battlers for making people really hyped to see a match lmao. How bout shame on the league for not finding a way to monetize that?

You think Dana White is calling up Connor McGregor like "hey man, can you tone it down with Nate, the demand for this is getting too big"?

Last edited by Casual; 09-19-2016 at 05:09 PM.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:55 PM   #10
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Im nott hat fussed tbh im enjoying the smaller cards a lot more
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:30 PM   #11
Tyren

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tyren is not the worst person
Holla is within reason to ask for 30k on url. I dont understand why he is wrong for asking 15k on a smaller league.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Tyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:55 PM   #12
Ryuha

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Ryuha is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
just another one of the many reasons why 'big events/crowds' for
battle rap is & has always been a detriment to the 'art'...
Ryuha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:28 PM   #13
paddy87

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
they have literally got detour on one of those smaller cards,fuck tht!

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:34 PM   #14
IKNOWALL

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
IKNOWALL is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyren View Post
Holla is within reason to ask for 30k on url. I dont understand why he is wrong for asking 15k on a smaller league.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
He can ask for whatever he wants but URL is not going to pay it. Why should URL pay twice the price of another league for the same battle, especially when they helped build his profile.
IKNOWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:38 PM   #15
IKNOWALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
So essentially the top tier have been getting more or less steady pay increases over the last 8 or so years as battle rap has been growing in popularity.

The problem now is that although battle rap is still growing in popularity, the ability to translate the increase has been bottlenecked by the venues available. Too popular for the current venues but not popular enough for the next step up in them.

I unno. Sounds to me like URL better get with this PPV shit because I guarantee you Chess ain't the next Hitman.

I bet in retrospect URL never does SM2. Sure, short term it was great, but long term paying Lux and Mook like that really bit them in the ass. I don't blame Hitman for asking for 30k. I mean, Lux can get 40k on the basis that he battle rapped a really long time ago. Hitman is an F-tier celebrity which still puts him way the fuck ahead of that.

Also, Chris is making it seem like battle rappers PROMOTING battles is a bad thing. Which is fucking baffling to me. Like shame on these battlers for making people really hyped to see a match lmao. How bout shame on the league for not finding a way to monetize that?

You think Dana White is calling up Connor McGregor like "hey man, can you tone it down with Nate, the demand for this is getting too big"?
Chris is not saying battlers promoting is a bad thing. He saying they are doing it to up there price. They then inflate their worth so the battle does not go down.

I think they still do SM2 they just tell battle rappers get a sponsor if you want that much. Also no way they could have anticipated losing the venue.

PPV is a bad idea
Old 09-19-2016, 07:46 PM   #16
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'd say it's a good idea to call the battle rappers' bluff.

*Sees Ave vs. Rum Nitty at 765,000*

Mike P and Daylyt just hit like.. 200K too. In a day.

Let's play the wait and see game. Who folds first? The league breeding new talent that's doing good numbers.. or the entitled veterans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:53 PM   #17
Casual

Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKNOWALL View Post
Chris is not saying battlers promoting is a bad thing. He saying they are doing it to up there price. They then inflate their worth so the battle does not go down.

I think they still do SM2 they just tell battle rappers get a sponsor if you want that much. Also no way they could have anticipated losing the venue.

PPV is a bad idea
well of course they're doing it to up their price lol.

what motivation do they have otherwise?

it ups the hype which ups the potential profitability which should up their price.

i don't see how PPV is a bad idea. seems to be working great for the Bunker considering we're getting fire cards at a small venue. but if URL doesn't wanna go to PPV then I guess that's fine.

realistically, they're in NY, so even though most of these new guys suck I'm sure they'll always be able to find 1000 people willing to show up.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:59 PM   #18
IKNOWALL

Quote:
well of course they're doing it to up their price lol.

what motivation do they have otherwise?

it ups the hype which ups the potential profitability which should up their price.

i don't see how PPV is a bad idea. seems to be working great for the Bunker considering we're getting fire cards at a small venue. but if URL doesn't wanna go to PPV then I guess that's fine.

realistically, they're in NY, so even though most of these new guys suck I'm sure they'll always be able to find 1000 people willing to show up.
Those Bunker cards have not been fire. URL wants to make their money in door money not PPV. PPV hurst the look of the battles and the anticipation, they lose control of their content when they do PPV. They are not doing it.

While I am not a huge fan of all these new guys if you think most of them suck how can you think the Bunker Cards are fire? You think J Pro maegadef, Deadman Madflex etc.. are crazy?
Old 09-19-2016, 08:04 PM   #19
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
I hope URL never does another ppv. I mean, it works for some platforms, but I don't like it for URL at all.

Quote:
Well thanks, I don't know how long this will last, but if you let me post I won't let you down...
Quote:
also the Venn diagram of people who wanna hear me use venn diagrams to explain things and people who care what I have to say, is nearly a perfect circle so I dunno what's what anymore....
Old 09-19-2016, 08:13 PM   #20
IKNOWALL

we are also getting BL4 in October NOME in November and Rookies vs Sophomores to close out the year so this is really not that big of a deal
Old 09-19-2016, 08:29 PM   #21
Casual

Quote:
Those Bunker cards have not been fire. URL wants to make their money in door money not PPV. PPV hurst the look of the battles and the anticipation, they lose control of their content when they do PPV. They are not doing it.

While I am not a huge fan of all these new guys if you think most of them suck how can you think the Bunker Cards are fire? You think J Pro maegadef, Deadman Madflex etc.. are crazy?
i mean the most recent bunker announcements are far better than these new guys.

maybe think of a better way to do a PPV then. cause chris is basically saying that 100k or so is their cap at the door (plus a bit of a bump for VIP and stuff). and URL will never be able to match their previous cards with that budget. unless they start doing like 4 battle events or find a more suitable venue.

i guess they gotta decide whether they wanna compromise the good battles with a ppv or just book mediocre ones.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:48 PM   #22
IKNOWALL

Quote:
i mean the most recent bunker announcements are far better than these new guys.

maybe think of a better way to do a PPV then. cause chris is basically saying that 100k or so is their cap at the door (plus a bit of a bump for VIP and stuff). and URL will never be able to match their previous cards with that budget. unless they start doing like 4 battle events or find a more suitable venue.

i guess they gotta decide whether they wanna compromise the good battles with a ppv or just book mediocre ones.
Here is the thing URL didnt pay Mook 30k URl didnt pay hitman 15K sponsors did. They also had a bigger venue. They dont need to match previous cards they need to make the card strong enough to get people to fill the venue they book.

Who are you talking about B magic vs Eness? Madflex vs Heartless? Reverse live vs Raw? QP vs Fresco? One of those is highly anticipated. And B magic vs Ave was a bigger battle.

You realize URL can book a battle like that anytime they want? They dont need PPV to book a battle like that. PPV is not going to help thier bottom line that much thier is too much bootlegging. They make their big money at the door.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:50 PM   #23
Tyren

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tyren is not the worst person
Quote:
He can ask for whatever he wants but URL is not going to pay it. Why should URL pay twice the price of another league for the same battle, especially when they helped build his profile.
Because they are the bigger league.
Tyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:13 PM   #24
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Makes zero sense

If we go to lunch, order the exact same meal, but they try to charge me twice as much as they charge you just because I have more money than you, I'm not buying it. It's the exact same item, how much money I have should be completely irrelevant

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-19-2016, 09:18 PM   #25
6000GP
tupac back

Norbes interview on SM cancellation and Day vs Mike

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-19-2016, 09:24 PM   #26
IKNOWALL

Quote:
600 has address the ridiculousness of your post. But let me ask you a question, if someone was offering to pay you more for the same amount of work and would help your future career more why on earth would you take less from somebody else?
Old 09-19-2016, 09:37 PM   #27
Casual

Quote:
Here is the thing URL didnt pay Mook 30k URl didnt pay hitman 15K sponsors did. They also had a bigger venue. They dont need to match previous cards they need to make the card strong enough to get people to fill the venue they book.

Who are you talking about B magic vs Eness? Madflex vs Heartless? Reverse live vs Raw? QP vs Fresco? One of those is highly anticipated. And B magic vs Ave was a bigger battle.

You realize URL can book a battle like that anytime they want? They dont need PPV to book a battle like that. PPV is not going to help thier bottom line that much thier is too much bootlegging. They make their big money at the door.
It's all relative though. KOTD has a much smaller fan base so you look at what the Bunker is able to be relative to WD despite the much smaller venue and it doesn't take a genius to realize PPV is significant.

It's crazy to suggest that URL doesn't need anything but the door money. They absolutely do if they want to continue to grow and have bigger cards. To say that the door is bigger than the potential PPV sales is ridiculous and if that's the case it's their fault entirely.

1000 people at the door at 100 bucks a piece....this is a company known across the country that has 700k subs on YouTube. You're telling me they can't find a way to at least match what's at the door on PPV? 4000 sales at 30 bucks and you've surpassed that...4000 is around .5% of their subscription base. That's not even including factors like the majority of the fan base isn't even able to go to the live events.

Name me one other somewhat similar business that has grown to be large where the only option to see it live is to go to a venue in one specific spot where the capacity is 1000.... Read that sentence and forget about URL and it basically sounds like a small local band...except even they can tour (and reuse material while they're at it).

The Bunker holds 150...30 bucks a ticket and they're at 4500 bucks. So clearly PPV is doing something cause I assure you that card cost most than that to put together.

Last edited by Casual; 09-19-2016 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:01 PM   #28
IKNOWALL

Quote:
It's all relative though. KOTD has a much smaller fan base so you look at what the Bunker is able to be relative to WD despite the much smaller venue and it doesn't take a genius to realize PPV is significant.

It's crazy to suggest that URL doesn't need anything but the door money. They absolutely do if they want to continue to grow and have bigger cards. To say that the door is bigger than the potential PPV sales is ridiculous and if that's the case it's their fault entirely.

1000 people at the door at 100 bucks a piece....this is a company known across the country that has 700k subs on YouTube. You're telling me they can't find a way to at least match what's at the door on PPV? 4000 sales at 30 bucks and you've surpassed that...4000 is around .5% of their subscription base. That's not even including factors like the majority of the fan base isn't even able to go to the live events.

Name me one other somewhat similar business that has grown to be large where the only option to see it live is to go to a venue in one specific spot where the capacity is 1000.... Read that sentence and forget about URL and it basically sounds like a small local band...except even they can tour (and reuse material while they're at it).

The Bunker holds 150...30 bucks a ticket and they're at 4500 bucks. So clearly PPV is doing something cause I assure you that card cost most than that to put together.
Is the PPV really that significant or are these battlers taking a significantly less money to battle at the bunker? Yes some people buy the PPV

URL has done PPV multiple times and they found it not to be a good enough revenue stream to continue to do so.

Pretty much most big time Youtubers do the same as URL. They drop content consistently, they go on tours and and they sell Merch. URL needs to figure out how to sell more Merch.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:05 PM   #29
Casual

Quote:
Is the PPV really that significant or are these battlers taking a significantly less money to battle at the bunker? Yes some people buy the PPV

URL has done PPV multiple times and they found it not to be a good enough revenue stream to continue to do so.

Pretty much most big time Youtubers do the same as URL. They drop content consistently, they go on tours and and they sell Merch. URL needs to figure out how to sell more Merch.
Most big time YouTubers have very little cost of operation though. You aren't renting venues, hiring people, etc. You're operating out of a bedroom, with a fairly expensive computer and camera/editing equipment.

URL definitely needs to expand on the merch front tho.

I'm sure battlers are a bit more modest when dealing with bunker events, but they ain't 4500$ for the full bunch level of modest. I mean that's a 6 battle event already so 12 battles...that's less than 400 a piece average not including other costs.

Last edited by Casual; 09-19-2016 at 10:09 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:13 PM   #30
IKNOWALL

Quote:
Most big time YouTubers have very little cost of operation though. You aren't renting venues, hiring people, etc. You're operating out of a bedroom, with a fairly expensive computer and camera/editing equipment.

URL definitely needs to expand on the merch front tho.
While true you have to remember these URL owners have jobs as well. If PPV was a massive success they would still be doing them.

IKNOW you want the battles its just not the right thing for them to do PPV. If they want to make a Bunker like card they can do one and make enough money at the door to pay for the card. This is once they get these guys fees under control.

They need to make it so they aren't over paying these freelancer way over market value.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:19 PM   #31
IKNOWALL

Quote:
I'm sure battlers are a bit more modest when dealing with bunker events, but they ain't 4500$ for the full bunch level of modest. I mean that's a 6 battle event already so 12 battles...that's less than 400 a piece average not including other costs.
You have also go to look at how many people avo needs to cop the PPV to break even and where the market is and how much people watch the bootlegs.

Avo might only need 300 people to buy PPV in order to make a profit. Where URL needs 1000's. Nobody is really checking for reverse live vs Raw therefore it wont be on WSHH an Vladtv. But hitman vs Shug will be on everysite
Old 09-19-2016, 11:24 PM   #32
Casual

Quote:
You have also go to look at how many people avo needs to cop the PPV to break even and where the market is and how much people watch the bootlegs.

Avo might only need 300 people to buy PPV in order to make a profit. Where URL needs 1000's. Nobody is really checking for reverse live vs Raw therefore it wont be on WSHH an Vladtv. But hitman vs Shug will be on everysite
I mean, they're really making a profit on the PPV as soon as they surpass the operating cost there (assuming it doesnt' cut into live attendance but with a 1000 person venue that's unlikely to happen for URL).

The operating cost for the PPV is unlikely to be higher than KOTDs since KOTD already has incredible quality on theirs. They might need to secure some better infrastructure within the venue due to the heavier load from more viewers...but the money from those viewers will always outweigh that cost.

People are gonna bootleg regardless, at that point it comes down to how much profit is in the views on YouTube. I get that the companies make money off YouTube views directly but I doubt that's the issue.

The issue likely has to do with the indirect money they make off YouTube. URL definitely has much larger sponsors than KOTD and if I had to bet a lot of the hesitance probably comes down to being able to sell those sponsors on the PPV. Right now it's easy...here, look at our YouTube channel, we have X subscribers and these videos have x views, Y has averages Z views over the last 10 battles on our channel etc. etc. Sponsors probably feel safe because they have concrete stats, URL feels safe because it's easy to quantify.

PPV is new territory and you gotta think of a different sales pitch/way to do ads (ie. point during the PPV, etc. Which I think is more difficult than say UFC because battle rap still very much has organization and scheduling issues). It's possible but I honestly think that's where they're stuck right now.

IIRC Lux vs. Charlie Clips was basically financially possible BECAUSE they conceded and did a PPV. That battle is still at 2.4million and it's a stinker so the impact on views seems a bit exaggerated.

Last edited by Casual; 09-19-2016 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:29 PM   #33
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1168 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
just to put things a bit in perspective i've never "profited" off any bunker event and we need a lot more than 300 ppv's buys to break even unfortunately. still love it tho and hope to get it to a place where i think it can be at.
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:49 PM   #34
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
just to put things a bit in perspective i've never "profited" off any bunker event and we need a lot more than 300 ppv's buys to break even unfortunately. still love it tho and hope to get it to a place where i think it can be at.
Sorry if I made it seem that you guys were caking off PPV or something haha, I was trying to imply that PPV contributes substantially to your ability to do these events (especially with the capacity limitations).

Is that fair?
Old 09-20-2016, 12:00 AM   #35
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1168 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
Quote:
Sorry if I made it seem that you guys were caking off PPV or something haha, I was trying to imply that PPV contributes substantially to your ability to do these events (especially with the capacity limitations).

Is that fair?
oh yeah you're correct, i wasn't tryin to argue or disprove anything you were saying in particular just knowall said i only really need 300 ppv's to break even which...is wildly incorrect.
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:20 AM   #36
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
oh yeah you're correct, i wasn't tryin to argue or disprove anything you were saying in particular just knowall said i only really need 300 ppv's to break even which...is wildly incorrect.
It's 298 right?
Jack Deuce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:41 AM   #37
GetPaid

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAintRight View Post
I'd say it's a good idea to call the battle rappers' bluff.

*Sees Ave vs. Rum Nitty at 765,000*

Mike P and Daylyt just hit like.. 200K too. In a day.

Let's play the wait and see game. Who folds first? The league breeding new talent that's doing good numbers.. or the entitled veterans?
If the battlers would unionize I think they'd have the upper hand
GetPaid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:48 AM   #38
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetPaid View Post
If the battlers would unionize I think they'd have the upper hand
Indeed. A proper battler strike would do massive damage.

They'd be forced to throw cards with the dregs of We Go Hard and Traphouse leftovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:23 PM   #39
IKNOWALL

Quote:
I mean, they're really making a profit on the PPV as soon as they surpass the operating cost there (assuming it doesnt' cut into live attendance but with a 1000 person venue that's unlikely to happen for URL).

The operating cost for the PPV is unlikely to be higher than KOTDs since KOTD already has incredible quality on theirs. They might need to secure some better infrastructure within the venue due to the heavier load from more viewers...but the money from those viewers will always outweigh that cost.

People are gonna bootleg regardless, at that point it comes down to how much profit is in the views on YouTube. I get that the companies make money off YouTube views directly but I doubt that's the issue.

The issue likely has to do with the indirect money they make off YouTube. URL definitely has much larger sponsors than KOTD and if I had to bet a lot of the hesitance probably comes down to being able to sell those sponsors on the PPV. Right now it's easy...here, look at our YouTube channel, we have X subscribers and these videos have x views, Y has averages Z views over the last 10 battles on our channel etc. etc. Sponsors probably feel safe because they have concrete stats, URL feels safe because it's easy to quantify.

PPV is new territory and you gotta think of a different sales pitch/way to do ads (ie. point during the PPV, etc. Which I think is more difficult than say UFC because battle rap still very much has organization and scheduling issues). It's possible but I honestly think that's where they're stuck right now.

IIRC Lux vs. Charlie Clips was basically financially possible BECAUSE they conceded and did a PPV. That battle is still at 2.4million and it's a stinker so the impact on views seems a bit exaggerated.
They aint doint PPV they dont like it for may reason and I agree with them. They also dont need it to put out a good product
Old 09-22-2016, 11:11 AM   #40
SIROB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
SIROB is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
i really don't care tbh. URL has been pretty great this year with small events alone. i mean, it sucks because SM is always the card to look forward to, but shit happens.
"Great"

Double Impact had 1.5 good battles.
Born legacy 2 had two great battles.
Dead on arrival had maybe one kool battle (Nitty & danja) no stand out performances.
Unfinished business had one decent battle. Ass event.

4 noteworthy battles out of 4 events...URL looking shakey babyyyyyyyy.
SIROB is offline   Reply With Quote