Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
So We Just Gonna Keep Pretending Hollow Isn't The Reason Battle Rap Fell Off?

Old 09-19-2016, 10:22 AM   #1
WillyRockBags

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
WillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time Australia
So We Just Gonna Keep Pretending Hollow Isn't The Reason Battle Rap Fell Off?

If we are just let me know... and also if we are do we have an AUDTSP (agreed upon date to stop pretending) yet?

I think in reality it's fair to say that "deep down", we all know the following:

What had happened was this: Battle rap was on the up and up, it was getting extremely popular... battles on worldstar (not cause something happened, because people were interested), etc.. people from all walks getting in to it, even the streets were all on it...

while this was happening, Hollow was simultaneously getting more credit than he should have been, based on his "past" work... It got out of hand, and people (from the battle rap world, not outside fans) put him on a pedestal he didn't deserve....

so when battle rap hit its peak, and the whole country was lovin it, they chose Hollow to represent the battlers in the biggest event that could have brought battle rap mainstream.... to battle Joe Budden....

They thought he would be the one that would represent it right (Note: Willy was against this).... so like everyones ready... battle rap is movin... and the battle happens.... and BOOM! "It" happens.... Hollow was WACK AS FUCK!

He just looked like a little kid throwing a tantrum... people wanted to see rap... and before that battle even ended people were already done with battle rap... they were like "ok this shit is not what I thought".... he killed the buzz IMMEDIATELY... and it just never recovered

it was a classic case of wrong man for the job... these guys were on the verge of starting to see real money, and he blew it... it wasn't hus failt though... it was the inner battle rap fans that gassed him up... he was getting worse, and they acted like he was getting better... the truth was he was falling off, and that was the battle he fell of completely

but hey, if it's more "comfortable" for everyone, Im open to continuing to pretend this is not the case... just let me know... and if so give me that AUDTSP
WillyRockBags is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:57 AM   #2
TurboMikey

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
TurboMikey is a PY Poster
Last I heard the pretending period expires 1/1/20, unless hollow gets a new permit before that date tbh.
TurboMikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:07 PM   #3
Toronto
rip bambam

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Toronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
hollow is your favorite battle rapper's favorite battle rapper

fuck you talm bout
Old 09-19-2016, 12:13 PM   #4
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1452 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Even tho he 30'd Budden I do think it was one of his weaker performances
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:24 PM   #5
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica

Relevant
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:38 PM   #6
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
"The reason"
nope.

who would've done a better job?

Gay verb? hahahahaha gay verb.

i think the budden battle had less impact then the cassidy battle to be fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:40 PM   #7
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripplesunday1 View Post
Gay verb? hahahahaha gay verb.
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Old 09-19-2016, 12:43 PM   #8
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
don't tell anyone, i've been waiting months to drop that gem.

Quote:
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:55 PM   #9
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Hollow definitely dropped the ball I disagree with him being wack as you said but I always said in a big room with that many ppl watching who aren't gonna understand none of these crazy ass "battle rap bars and punches"

Hitman should of went against Joe somebody who's straight to the point and grabs your attention from the moment he opens his mouth..

If the goal was to draw in more fans
Quote:
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:57 PM   #10
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

do we really want mainstream fans / events?

I mean, it'd be cool for the battlers' pockets, but as selfish fans of the current platform... do we?
Quote:
Old 09-19-2016, 01:31 PM   #11
Fingers

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Fingers is not the worst person
Quote:

I mean, it'd be cool for the battlers' pockets, but as selfish fans of the current platform... do we?
If we could get a Fight Klub MTV2 show out of it, or a Blaze Battle televised scenario - I'd say yes. Both of those shows were official as f---!

I enjoyed the Slaughterhouse Reality Show piece of it too. That was a new concept that was executed quite well. So, I guess relative mainstream appeal could mean stuff like that.

But...battles in huge arenas. No. Never. Battle rap ain't built for it.
Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:51 PM   #12
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Hollow wasn't solely responsible for total slaughter being a disaster... just look at mook vs lux 2, Daylyt vs rex, etc the entire event was a bad look for battle rap period.

The golden era of battle rap died when GT went under, no debate.

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:31 PM   #13
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Basically without the Hollow battle, battle rap would have hit a bigger peak... and then plummeted in exactly the same way. See bboying, Rawkus records, emo rap, rap rock etc. etc. People get bored, the purists remain
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:35 PM   #14
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
We didn't choose hollow to be the best man
He chose us.

Or sumthin along those lines
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM   #15
Tyren

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tyren is not the worst person
Money fucked the game up not hollow lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Tyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:00 PM   #16
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I fully agree with this. Hollow was never very good to begin with, but got propelled to the forefront... and let us all down. Even those of us with extremely low expectations to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:58 PM   #17
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
SHould have been tay roc or hitman holla
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:18 PM   #18
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
SHould have been tay roc or hitman holla
Yeah, no...

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:19 PM   #19
Tyren

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tyren is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAintRight View Post
I fully agree with this. Hollow was never very good to begin with, but got propelled to the forefront... and let us all down. Even those of us with extremely low expectations to begin with.
That just isnt true at all
Tyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:10 PM   #20
slo_mo
Turnt Up For Lil' Boo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
slo_mo is a PY Poster
If Hollow is responsible for battle rap falling off, it's because he set the bar too fucking high.
slo_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:32 PM   #21
pityposter
aka ekelon

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
pityposter User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Hollow did better than everyone in your top 5 combined
Old 09-19-2016, 09:33 PM   #22
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
I honestly do have a good friend that used to come thru for KOTD ppvs and we even rolled to some events in Pitt together
he would vine clip shit from the events, take pics wit battlers, tweet updates and all that

He watched the whole series of Total Slaughter on TV and even had his family half-ass into it
ordered the Total Slaughter and I bullshit u not. he has not watched a battle since

I called him to go to the recent URL Pitt shit and he curved me, I'm tellin you TS ruined it for him
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:38 PM   #23
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 562 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
I honestly do have a good friend that used to come thru for KOTD ppvs and we even rolled to some events in Pitt together
he would vine clip shit from the events, take pics wit battlers, tweet updates and all that

He watched the whole series of Total Slaughter on TV and even had his family half-ass into it
ordered the Total Slaughter and I bullshit u not. he has not watched a battle since

I called him to go to the recent URL Pitt shit and he curved me, I'm tellin you TS ruined it for him
Lol wow..
Keep the the left field stuff ➡️here⬅️, plz & thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekelon View Post
Well thanks, I don't know how long this will last, but if you let me post I won't let you down...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
also the Venn diagram of people who wanna hear me use venn diagrams to explain things and people who care what I have to say, is nearly a perfect circle so I dunno what's what anymore....
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:41 PM   #24
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Take it from a non Hitman Holla fan.

I'd have MUCH rathered him up there than Hollow.

He's a better representation of the culture overall.

Jesus, I never thought I'd say that. That's how bad Hollow is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:43 PM   #25
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

alternatively, take it from someone who loves Hitman: Hollow's better than him

whoa!
Quote:
Old 09-19-2016, 10:13 PM   #26
WillyRockBags

WillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
hollow is your favorite battle rapper's favorite battle rapper

fuck you talm bout
Nope.... that's a big "N".... and a little "ope"
Old 09-19-2016, 10:14 PM   #27
WillyRockBags

Quote:
Even tho he 30'd Budden I do think it was one of his weaker performances
He lost
Old 09-19-2016, 10:15 PM   #28
WillyRockBags

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
Hollow definitely dropped the ball I disagree with him being wack as you said but I always said in a big room with that many ppl watching who aren't gonna understand none of these crazy ass "battle rap bars and punches"

Hitman should of went against Joe somebody who's straight to the point and grabs your attention from the moment he opens his mouth..

If the goal was to draw in more fans
or Calicoe.... Cal would of been good for that
Old 09-19-2016, 10:16 PM   #29
WillyRockBags

Quote:

Yes because then the good battles can happen... smack throws money saver battles now
Old 09-19-2016, 10:17 PM   #30
WillyRockBags

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRon da Dong View Post
Hollow wasn't solely responsible for total slaughter being a disaster... just look at mook vs lux 2, Daylyt vs rex, etc the entire event was a bad look for battle rap period.

The golden era of battle rap died when GT went under, no debate.
Saying that your neighbors garbage stinks doesn't make your garbage atink any less... think long and hard on that
Old 09-19-2016, 10:18 PM   #31
WillyRockBags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Basically without the Hollow battle, battle rap would have hit a bigger peak... and then plummeted in exactly the same way. See bboying, Rawkus records, emo rap, rap rock etc. etc. People get bored, the purists remain
I forgot all anout Rawkus Records
Old 09-19-2016, 10:19 PM   #32
WillyRockBags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyren View Post
Money fucked the game up not hollow lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Don't sass me young man
Old 09-19-2016, 10:19 PM   #33
WillyRockBags

Quote:
They put him on a god like pedestal, it was ridiculous
Old 09-19-2016, 10:23 PM   #34
WillyRockBags

Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
Hollow did better than everyone in your top 5 combined
WHOOPSY! U just got urself on my ignore list... time for me to bring back "daddys little hoes"... u will be the first on it.... sucks to be u lmfao

I swear life just couldn't be any better for me right now, I'm so happy, It's like everything is "perfect" for me, I'm about to have some lobster and gelato, this is great
Old 09-19-2016, 10:25 PM   #35
WillyRockBags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post

This is real life testimony folks... not much more to say... this was true for so many to!
Old 09-19-2016, 10:26 PM   #36
WillyRockBags

Quote:
Take it from a non Hitman Holla fan.

I'd have MUCH rathered him up there than Hollow.

He's a better representation of the culture overall.

Jesus, I never thought I'd say that. That's how bad Hollow is.
Anyone that can't admit it is in denial
Old 09-19-2016, 10:27 PM   #37
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyRockBags View Post
I swear life just couldn't be any better for me right now, I'm so happy, It's like everything is "perfect" for me:
Heroin is one fuck of a drug

Quote:
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:31 PM   #38
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Quote:
He lost
nuh uh!
Quote:
Old 09-19-2016, 10:32 PM   #39
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Quote:
or Calicoe.... Cal would of been good for that
Yeah cal would of repped too for sure
Quote:
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:39 PM   #40
WillyRockBags

Quote:
nuh uh!
It was a beating he took to, joe just rapped better, it wasn't even that joe was great, it was more that hollow was so bad

Tags
128514, 55357, 56834