Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives > The Yard
If you're looking for a new show, watch Atlanta tonight

Old 09-13-2016, 10:50 AM   #1
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1452 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
If you're looking for a new show, watch Atlanta tonight

Donald Glover's new show on FX is the shit. He plays a guy who dropped out of school, heard that his rapper cousin is blowing up off his mixtape, aaaand then a bunch of surrealist shit happens. It's really fantastic. Keith Stanfield (Snoop in Straight Outta Compton) plays a space cadet who's set up to be one of my favorite characters ever.

Episode one is free on YouTube because everything about this show is awesome. Please watch it so I can start making references to it in 90% of my posts:

[edit: they took it down ]

Episode three is on tonight @ 10pm EST on FX
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:51 AM   #2
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
@Ness Lee You see this yet?
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Old 09-13-2016, 11:21 AM   #3
Ness Lee
VIP

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
@Ness Lee You see this yet?
yeah my g. i fuck with it. they have a little settling in to do as far as acting and accents but as far as television, it's the only thing i'll watch aside of The Flash
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:23 AM   #4
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Donald Glover's new show on FX is the shit. He plays a guy who dropped out of school, heard that his rapper cousin is blowing up off his mixtape, aaaand then a bunch of surrealist shit happens. It's really fantastic. Keith Stanfield (Snoop in Straight Outta Compton) plays a space cadet who's set up to be one of my favorite characters ever.
dude you know i've been watching (new ep was great) but i had no idea that was Keith Stanfield. and i had no idea Keith Stanfield played Snoop Dogg. i only know him from Short Term 12 which you told me to watch. this guy is such a god actor. shit
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:32 PM   #5
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Quote:
dude you know i've been watching (new ep was great) but i had no idea that was Keith Stanfield. and i had no idea Keith Stanfield played Snoop Dogg. i only know him from Short Term 12 which you told me to watch. this guy is such a god actor. shit
Yeah, the guy is clearly going to be a star. He was also great in Dope.
Quote:
Old 09-21-2016, 01:41 PM   #6
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

bumpppp

@wwjjddd? @Toronto @Ness Lee you guys watch last night? I'm about to catch up on it
Quote:
Old 09-21-2016, 09:59 PM   #7
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Just watched first 3 episodes off the back of this thread, I hadn't heard of it. It's good, made me burst out laughing a few times. The briefcase thing was hilarious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
there is no point of rewinding 5 times that 7 guys molested okwerdz family 11 times.
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:40 AM   #8
Toronto
rip bambam

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Toronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
bumpppp

@wwjjddd? @Toronto @Ness Lee you guys watch last night? I'm about to catch up on it
yezzir

i wish it was like netflix where it releases full seasons cuz i be feening

24 min episodes are such a tease
Old 09-22-2016, 03:02 AM   #9
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i liked it a lot. that Zan character hilariously annoying. Alfred just couldn't handle it lol. Darius just keeps getting funnier. Not much happened storyline wise, so i guess i'd consider this more of a filler episode but it was still really enjoyable.

the scenes in ep 3 when they meet the dudes camping are awesome. real fucked up and dark yet still very comical. just really well done.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:24 AM   #10
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
yezzir

i wish it was like netflix where it releases full seasons cuz i be feening

24 min episodes are such a tease
I kinda love following shows week to week, it gives you time to think about what happened. I always find myself forgetting plot points when I binge a show

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd?
the scenes in ep 3 when they meet the dudes camping are awesome. real fucked up and dark yet still very comical. just really well done.
You know the guy they met was Quavo from Migos right? Can't remember if the whole group was there but it was at least him as the ringleader
Quote:
Old 10-01-2016, 09:06 PM   #11
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 562 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Yeah, the guy is clearly going to be a star. He was also great in Dope.
Oh, thats where I saw him, I was tryna remember

Yeah, this show is pretty official irrespective of the controversy or subject matter or whatever. I was skeptical, but I recently marathoned it, and it's dope ah to me
Keep the the left field stuff ➡️here⬅️, plz & thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekelon View Post
Well thanks, I don't know how long this will last, but if you let me post I won't let you down...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
also the Venn diagram of people who wanna hear me use venn diagrams to explain things and people who care what I have to say, is nearly a perfect circle so I dunno what's what anymore....
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 05:12 AM   #12
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Oh, thats where I saw him, I was tryna remember

Yeah, this show is pretty official irrespective of the controversy or subject matter or whatever. I was skeptical, but I recently marathoned it, and it's dope ah to me
hahaha I thought of you when this character popped up in the first episode

Quote:
Old 10-02-2016, 04:31 PM   #13
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
hahaha I thought of you when this character popped up in the first episode

Haha, yeah this and the second scene with dude cracked me up

Quote:
Well thanks, I don't know how long this will last, but if you let me post I won't let you down...
Quote:
also the Venn diagram of people who wanna hear me use venn diagrams to explain things and people who care what I have to say, is nearly a perfect circle so I dunno what's what anymore....
Old 10-02-2016, 09:14 PM   #14
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Quote:
You know the guy they met was Quavo from Migos right? Can't remember if the whole group was there but it was at least him as the ringleader
I had no idea about this but I'm also not at all familiar with Migos haha. That's cool though he did a really good job. I probably would have learned that but I've not checked out the subreddit since like episode 2. If it weren't for Reddit I never would have known that JR Crickets is a real place. Pretty cool.

How do you feel about the last ep?
Old 10-12-2016, 11:50 AM   #15
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

@riffic @6000GP @Ness Lee @Toronto @rogermellie

Episode last night was kind of amazing
Old 10-12-2016, 02:20 PM   #16
rogermellie

rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:

I'm in the UK so I'm having to catch up online a day or 2 after you guys get em, haven't had a series where I'm waiting on every episode like this for a long time. It's all been great so far. The agent vowing to ruin his life had me crying with laughter.
Quote:
Quote:
there is no point of rewinding 5 times that 7 guys molested okwerdz family 11 times.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:02 PM   #17
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:

Oh, thanks for the reminder. I'll try to catch it later

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-13-2016, 08:55 AM   #18
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
yo its getting better as it goes.....love it...i generally find Donald Glover to be a bit of a cornball but this show is really good...most recent episode was incredible IMO.....u never know what ur gonna get week to week....its one of these shows where the studio actually gave creative control to the creators and stay out of it...FX seems to be good at that....

"the price on the can, though"

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 02:26 AM   #19
Ness Lee
VIP

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

i didnt see it b. how many episodes are there so far
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 03:29 AM   #20
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness Lee View Post
i didnt see it b. how many episodes are there so far
7 please watch all of them it's so good. Ep 7 is def the most creative for sure
Old 10-21-2016, 11:11 PM   #21
rogermellie

I'm gonna say at this point this is one of the greatest tv shows that has ever been made tbh, I am fully in love with this. @riffic thank you for the heads up, you should all watch Brass Eye btw.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-22-2016, 12:19 AM   #22
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Guys I've been travelling all month and I'm SO FAR BEHIND

I can't wait to binge all of these
Quote:
Old 10-26-2016, 01:54 PM   #23
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
anyone else find the show is more enjoyable the less Donald Glover is on it?

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:56 PM   #24
culturedboy
#StopBeingDirty

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
culturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICE
i fucked my sleep schedule up and usually i'd finish watching wrestling then flip to FX and watch atlanta but i stopped at ep 4

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

and i think my girl stopped too

so i can't even just play catchup today without her

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
u might pocket check erik but u wouldnt pull up on t top, the nigga built like a uzi in human forms
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormFromOTBVA View Post
your 5 sigs look horrendous
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote