Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Whos had the worst year in Battle Rap. 2016 edition

View Poll Results: Who had the worst year in 2016?
Caustic 7 28.00%
Heavy Bags 3 12.00%
That nigga running the QOTR vs Fresh Coast event 3 12.00%
Realiztic 5 20.00%
Other (please specify) 5 20.00%
Don't Flop 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2016, 06:47 AM   #1
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Whos had the worst year in Battle Rap. 2016 edition

We are rapidly approaching the end of 2016 so its time to discuss who has had the worst year in battle rap. There are a few that instantly come to mind

Caustic - Clowned on by Tsu Surf, Cried against Bigg K, Got 3-0'd against Rone as well as being exposed for getting his bars from other rappers. Easily the most hated battle rapper currently

Heavy Bags - Went on a racist rant when he was drunk and then tried to cover it up by saying his computer was hacked. Was found to be lying and subsequently loses his job. To top it all off he is morbidly obese. Doubt we will be hearing from this guy anytime soon

The Nigga that was running the QOTR vs Fresh Coast event - I kinda feel bed for him because he seemed like a good dude in his AF interview. That being said loosing 55k on an event that didn't even go down makes for a pretty shitty year

Realiztic - 3-0'd by Dunn D, clowned on by Bishop of all people, Breaks up with his gf and goes into a complete melt down where he contemplates suicide.I feel bad fore this guy too none the less bad year by anybodys standards

Honourable Mentions go to Math Hoffa and Bigg K

Last edited by Battlehogg; 10-21-2016 at 07:48 AM.
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:47 AM   #2
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
How has Bigg K had a bad year. He had debatables with Caustic and probably lost to Tez, but I don't think his stock has risen or fallen.

Math would probably be my vote as his attempt at a comeback has been completely derailed.

Eurgh would be up there too. Losing his staff and most of his views is a bad sign. Being saved DF Austrdilia of all places is ngl.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:55 AM   #3
JR77

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Math indeed. There's an argument to be made for Illmac as well, he had a really good run from the Bigg K battle on, then flopped vs Rone and hasn't been seen since.
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:03 AM   #4
Battlehogg

Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
How has Bigg K had a bad year. He had debatables with Caustic and probably lost to Tez, but I don't think his stock has risen or fallen.

Math would probably be my vote as his attempt at a comeback has been completely derailed.

Eurgh would be up there too. Losing his staff and most of his views is a bad sign. Being saved DF Austrdilia of all places is ngl.
Not as bad as others on the list but Bigg K stock has definitely fallen. That's what happens when you lose to Cortez. Not that Tez is that bad or anything but its just the way it is. Also hes a big crybaby. Always acts like a bitch when ive herd him in interviews. He actually tried to say he beat Cortez lol

Did Eurgh actually lose staff? Thought Bagnall and Cruger are still with DF? Anyone else is replaceable tbh. I don't think Don't Flops doing as bad as some people make out.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:07 AM   #5
Battlehogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
Math indeed. There's an argument to be made for Illmac as well, he had a really good run from the Bigg K battle on, then flopped vs Rone and hasn't been seen since.
He lost to Rone but it wasn't a complete body like Rone did to Caustic. Illmac has always been a guy that only battles every now and then (in the modern era) I'm sure he will be back!
Old 10-21-2016, 08:13 AM   #6
Marcus

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Math Hoffa: got bagged by Bigg K and T-Top.
Caustic: is ass and got exposed for his mediocrity
URL: seen their marquee events fall through and their msg event, been in drama with several battlers. Despite their large fan base (which is due to demography Lets be real) they get caught in a lot of extra shit. A lot of unprofessionalism: "idgaf I'm rich". On top of that they continue to fail to put on the battles the fans are alsnog for.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:33 AM   #7
Battlehogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Math Hoffa: got bagged by Bigg K and T-Top.
Caustic: is ass and got exposed for his mediocrity
URL: seen their marquee events fall through and their msg event, been in drama with several battlers. Despite their large fan base (which is due to demography Lets be real) they get caught in a lot of extra shit. A lot of unprofessionalism: "idgaf I'm rich". On top of that they continue to fail to put on the battles the fans are alsnog for.
I don't think Math got bagged by Bigg K. He lost yes but he still had some good shit from what I remember. URL has had a bit of a slow year by their standards but their only one dope event away from being back on top!

I completely agree about Caustic though
Old 10-21-2016, 08:45 AM   #8
Marcus

Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlehogg View Post
I don't think Math got bagged by Bigg K. He lost yes but he still had some good shit from what I remember. URL has had a bit of a slow year by their standards but their only one dope event away from being back on top!

I completely agree about Caustic though
He claimed winning the first two rounds in the battle which he didnt. Then got completely washed in the third. Finally he cried like a little bitch. Thats a bag afaic.

As far as url they are always 1 good event away from being back on top. Doesnt take away that NOME 6, SM6 and their msg event didnt happen. Furhermore we havent had Mook vs Surf, Mook vs Hollow, Hitman vs Suge or Roc vs Conceited. They had to take a step back this year, which is far from expected from "the innovators". Comparing it with 2015 they had a terrible year actually.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:54 AM   #9
Battlehogg

Quote:
He claimed winning the first two rounds in the battle which he didnt. Then got completely washed in the third. Finally he cried like a little bitch. Thats a bag afaic.

As far as url they are always 1 good event away from being back on top. Doesnt take away that NOME 6, SM6 and their msg event didnt happen. Furhermore we havent had Mook vs Surf, Mook vs Hollow, Hitman vs Suge or Roc vs Conceited. They had to take a step back this year, which is far from expected from "the innovators". Comparing it with 2015 they had a terrible year actually.
I blame URL's slow year on the bullshit prices top tiers are asking these days. Smack is doing the right thing I think. Eventually when those rappers realise their not making shit because their not getting battles they will drop their asking price and URL will be poppin again.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:17 AM   #10
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
hands down the nigga that lost 55k

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. Big Pun
4. MF Doom
5. Notorious BIG
6. Fred The Godson
Assassin Ben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 11:55 AM   #11
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 426 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Not as bad as others on the list but Bigg K stock has definitely fallen. That's what happens when you lose to Cortez. Not that Tez is that bad or anything but its just the way it is. Also hes a big crybaby. Always acts like a bitch when ive herd him in interviews. He actually tried to say he beat Cortez lol

Did Eurgh actually lose staff? Thought Bagnall and Cruger are still with DF? Anyone else is replaceable tbh. I don't think Don't Flops doing as bad as some people make out.

Bagnell is working at Unilad, I think Cruger is working there as well.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:06 PM   #12
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Heavybags is the answer, hes finished pretty much behind the shit

I think Math should be runner-up tho:
  • decisive lost to K in what, at the time, was considered a body;
  • no shows the Mass 2 event, got dragged through the mud for that
  • true death vs TTop in what was supposed to be triumphant return home;
  • then reduced to doing heavy promotion of him vs Luciano Crack just to keep people believing he could still battle
  • having Charron fans shut down the possibilty of that match, which was only being considered due to this created desperation anyway
  • Actually the most hated battler (a certain percentage of the BR population could give 2 fucks about Caustic)

Caustc- hes competing wit K in the emo out the ring shit department, but is no where near as consistant battle-wise +reference above statement in parenthesis

Realiztic is not a person that matters enough altough those certainly are an unfortunate series of events

I give 2 fucks about the bitch battle rap version of Teddy Grizzle

K- truthfully all that happen was a loss to Cortez, literally, so he hasn't really lost much stock in reality
  • he had a BOTY contender vs Ice
  • his math battle was a clear W and his 3rd was highly regarded for months
  • made showoff seem desperate
its just hes been undisputable Top 3 for the last 2-3 years so for him to drop down into just top 10, in this 2nd half of the year makes it seem seems worse than it is

Last edited by Neanderthol; 10-21-2016 at 12:19 PM.
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:42 PM   #13
Smrrr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Smrrr is not the worst person
damn Math really had the worst year anybody could have

Dont flop obviously totally fell off

Honorable mention goes to battle rap as a whole
Smrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:10 PM   #14
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
Samgrafix is as well. But they are still doing df next to it. You do know that they are part of the slash generation right?
Old 10-21-2016, 01:27 PM   #15
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Dont flop

Realiztic

Math hoffa

Caustic

Moneybagz

lowkey passwurdz hasn't had a great year outside that jc battle
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:30 PM   #16
Battlehogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
Dont flop

Realiztic

Math hoffa

Caustic

Moneybagz

lowkey passwurdz hasn't had a great year outside that jc battle
Moneybagz? hes been killin it! what did he do wrong in 2016?
Old 10-21-2016, 01:38 PM   #17
Battlehogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
WTF is Unilad? so they not down with don't flop anymore?
Old 10-21-2016, 01:41 PM   #18
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
Math defo had the worst year. 2016 seems to be the year everyone has finally woken up to what an overly emotional little man child the boy is. Losing 55K has to be the real answer tho thas fully peak.
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:42 PM   #19
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Danja Zone Hahahaha somehow he tricked y'all into thinking he was in the discussion for Battler of The Year in 2015..... Smh I ain't even heard y'all say that niggas name this year haha (Louisiana, Louisville, Laundry, Lotion, Lemon) Hahahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:55 PM   #20
Marcus

Quote:
Unilad is comparable to worldstar I guess. Only they have a lot of college humor articles (uni=college and lad=dude) and have sports food fitness and gaming subsites. Check it out on fb.

And no, this is the slash generation after all
Old 10-21-2016, 02:01 PM   #21
culturedboy
#StopBeingDirty

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
culturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICE
Quote:
unilad is a facebook page/media marketing center that promotes shitty content and makes a fucking load of money

one google search would have told you this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
u might pocket check erik but u wouldnt pull up on t top, the nigga built like a uzi in human forms
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormFromOTBVA View Post
your 5 sigs look horrendous
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:27 PM   #22
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 426 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Samgrafix is as well. But they are still doing df next to it. You do know that they are part of the slash generation right?
Meh, they aren't as connected and aren't 'doing' don't flop as much as you'd think, trust me, Bagnell especially.

Quote:
Mostly viral videos etc etc.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:36 PM   #23
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2889 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
It's probably Don't Flop for me. They've really dropped as a league. The Don't Flop USA events have been mixed, and the level of quality battles has been way below KOTD. Whereas I had them ahead of KOTD for a while in developing talent and putting on battles I personally want to see, I have turned off a lot of Don't Flop battles this year out of boredom and just haven't been as into what they've been doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:52 PM   #24
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Moneybagz? hes been killin it! what did he do wrong in 2016?
i meant whats his name the at racist guy i cant actually rmemeber what his name is now
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:23 PM   #25
west coast style

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
west coast style is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
i meant whats his name the at racist guy i cant actually rmemeber what his name is now
"heavy bags" lol
west coast style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:29 PM   #26
Fingers

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Fingers is not the worst person
Can we consider Aye-Verb?

He underperformed his way off KOTD, seems to have burned bridges with URL and now he can't get on any major cards from the Big Leagues.

But Malathion and WFF are the big losers of the year. At least we got 7 battles + and Cassidy from Alki. These losers didn't even let a lyric off!
Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 12:45 AM   #27
Battlehogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
Can we consider Aye-Verb?

He underperformed his way off KOTD, seems to have burned bridges with URL and now he can't get on any major cards from the Big Leagues.

But Malathion and WFF are the big losers of the year. At least we got 7 battles + and Cassidy from Alki. These losers didn't even let a lyric off!
Some good points here. Verb should definitely be on the list and Malathion well. He's always been a retard
Old 10-22-2016, 12:59 AM   #28
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 639 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Realiztic had trouble writing for Dun D
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 01:00 AM   #29
Nick H.
on her mind, in her mouth

Mentioned: 471 Post(s)
Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Send a message via AIM to Nick H.
Wak Fagsauce Fukkerynation
Old 10-22-2016, 01:46 AM   #30
Wolfpac187
OTBVA's Tech Nines Bodyba

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Wolfpac187 is better than Grind Time AustraliaWolfpac187 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Danja Zone Hahahaha somehow he tricked y'all into thinking he was in the discussion for Battler of The Year in 2015..... Smh I ain't even heard y'all say that niggas name this year haha (Louisiana, Louisville, Laundry, Lotion, Lemon) Hahahaha
Don't do that
Old 10-22-2016, 02:08 AM   #31
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 941 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Quote:
We're gonna be saying the same thing about Cortez a year from now when he's battling Lex Luthor for the Beastmode championship t-shirt.

Real recognize real, Danja Zone was flavor of the month for a lot of the "URL battler spittin fresh rhymes on KOTD now... nifty!" crowd but he was always a bore for me.

#nohardfeelings
SonnyDaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 02:12 AM   #32
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Caustic!!
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 02:39 AM   #33
The Kurgan

Mentioned: 288 Post(s)
The Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Rapper wise, probably Caustic, although he did at least get a title shot, which is arguably a win in itself, even if he crashed and burned.

DF have had a very slow year, and have definitely lost some momentum, although it's important to remember their biggest event is still to go, and looks good on paper. The event afterwards in Manchester also looks good so far, so they still might end 2016 strong.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:27 AM   #34
LukeWaltonisGoat

LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
We're gonna be saying the same thing about Cortez a year from now when he's battling Lex Luthor for the Beastmode championship t-shirt.

Real recognize real, Danja Zone was flavor of the month for a lot of the "URL battler spittin fresh rhymes on KOTD now... nifty!" crowd but he was always a bore for me.

#nohardfeelings
For sure bro I don't gas them irrelevant niggas tho lol they're trash not trash trash but same shit
Quote:

Old 10-22-2016, 04:28 AM   #35
LukeWaltonisGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpac187 View Post
Don't do that
Do what haha?
Quote:

Old 10-22-2016, 04:34 AM   #36
track 1

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
im have to vote Caustic, dude really needs to stop battling
track 1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 05:54 AM   #37
Battlehogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post

#nohardfeelings
Beastmode Championship T shirt bahahahaha. is that an actual thing or are you just being funny? Either way that was gold!
Old 10-22-2016, 07:16 AM   #38
Wolfpac187
OTBVA's Tech Nines Bodyba

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Wolfpac187 is better than Grind Time AustraliaWolfpac187 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Do what haha?
You don't have to do Danja like that
Old 10-22-2016, 07:25 AM   #39
LukeWaltonisGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpac187 View Post
You don't have to do Danja like that
I dont got any problems with Danja he just a regular nigga tho
Quote:

Tags
nohardfeelings