Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Chess vs. Rad B Cancelled For High Stakes II

Old 12-22-2016, 06:47 PM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Chess vs. Rad B Cancelled For High Stakes II

Apparently, the battle has been "compromised," which sounds like URL blocked it.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 06:57 PM   #2
Rtongsta

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Rtongsta is better than Grind Time AustraliaRtongsta is better than Grind Time Australia
lmfaooo "battle has been compromised"
trying his hardest not to say URL blocked it
Old 12-22-2016, 07:12 PM   #3
Henrik

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Henrik is not the worst person
I would rather that they just keep it to 4 battles in total, unless the replacement is something really really good. I'm pretty sure the first High Stakes card only had four battles in total as well. We just need the crowd to be amped for the good battles.
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:05 PM   #4
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
I would rather that they just keep it to 4 battles in total, unless the replacement is something really really good. I'm pretty sure the first High Stakes card only had four battles in total as well. We just need the crowd to be amped for the good battles.
At the first High Stakes, there were 4 main battles and 1 undercard battle. Serius' match will be announced soon.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:25 PM   #5
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
tay roc posted a status a gfew days ago saying he got off the phone with smack saying apparently they had problems im assuming smack really not fucking with high stakes 2
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:46 PM   #6
Chilly_ColdBlood
Im Your Pusherman

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Chilly_ColdBlood is not the worst person
Good.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:45 PM   #7
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
What do battlers get out of exclusivity contracts? Just to digress. You think it's like a minimum number of booked battles a year or a bump up in your performance fee, etc? There'd better be something that explicitly says shit like that in writing cause when I first heard of it I thought "What if they sign and retain you and then just never make you any matchups?"

It looks like it's working for T Top, but, he's newer than dudes like Ice, Ars, and Hitman who've turned it down. I guess it's that "Who established who" argument.

Or are there no real contracts and it's just the league making people look like scabs if they battle elsewhere?
Old 12-22-2016, 10:06 PM   #8
iamHBY

As far as what I've seen from the specific URL talent contract, not really.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:32 PM   #9
Casual

Mentioned: 450 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
Or are there no real contracts and it's just the league making people look like scabs if they battle elsewhere?
I'm assuming there's no real contracts that state this, in this scenario at least...otherwise how does something like this get set up in the first place? Sounds like Beasley probably just called up Chess and strong armed him into not doing it...

Maybe in some cases there's exclusivity clauses though.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 10:40 PM   #10
iamHBY

From what I gather, URL talent contracts do have some sort of exclusivity to them. Like, Chess has been able to battle on WGH, since WGH is technically his home league (there's a clause allowing that), but due to the main terms of the contract, Nitty can't battle on KOTD.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:53 PM   #11
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Chess is rad b.

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 11:36 PM   #12
nymphlow

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
nymphlow is not the worst person
Its been announced for a while now... they waited til now to block it? From the way ars talkin, sounds like he got something URL wanted... shine vs rex maybe?
nymphlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 12:59 AM   #13
gohannnh

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
gohannnh is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
Chess is rad b.
ness lee voice
gohannnh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:54 AM   #14
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
Chess is rad b.
That's a bar.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:07 AM   #15
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Lucky for Rad B. He and his 2007 bars were going to die a horrible death vs. Chess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 05:09 PM   #16
Rtongsta

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Rtongsta is better than Grind Time AustraliaRtongsta is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
What do battlers get out of exclusivity contracts? Just to digress. You think it's like a minimum number of booked battles a year or a bump up in your performance fee, etc? There'd better be something that explicitly says shit like that in writing cause when I first heard of it I thought "What if they sign and retain you and then just never make you any matchups?"

It looks like it's working for T Top, but, he's newer than dudes like Ice, Ars, and Hitman who've turned it down. I guess it's that "Who established who" argument.

Maybe nothing. If URL decides not to to book the battler, the battler takes a risk of losing status/views/popularity, especially if their style doesnt really fit with DF / KOTD. Examples would be guys like Showoff, Danny Myers, Xcel
Old 12-23-2016, 05:31 PM   #17
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Who the fuck is Rad B?

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. Big Pun
4. MF Doom
5. Notorious BIG
6. Fred The Godson
Assassin Ben is online now   Reply With Quote