Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Unbias Review :🔻 Top 5 stock drops of 2016 🔻

Old 01-02-2017, 03:17 AM   #1
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Unbias Review :🔻 Top 5 stock drops of 2016 🔻

mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:19 AM   #2
iamHBY

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This is definitely a in-depth list.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:19 AM   #3
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1452 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Is 2017 the year of the emoji thread title?! SIGN ME UP.
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:12 AM   #4
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
It's pretty long, but he breaks it down and defends his opinions logically. here is his list if you dont feel like watching

Honorable Mentions
Tsu Surf
Heavybags
Danja Zone
Pass
Pat Stay

Top 5
5) Charlie Clips
4) Miltown Bloe / Spit Dat Heat
3) Debo / QOTR
2) B Magic
1) Math Hoffa
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:46 AM   #5
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I feel like Surf could've actually cracked the Top 5, but otherwise, his Top 5 is pretty accurate as far as stock dropping and whatnot.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:51 AM   #6
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Excellent Blog
wouldnt say I agree completely with everything but this is good shit

and Fatz music low key fire tbh
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:53 AM   #7
Destro
Waxy Gordon

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Destro is not the worst person
72 min long?! Christ, anyone able to give cliffnotes?

I like Chris Unbias' videos for the most part, so I'm sure he's got some interesting shit to say. But I can't even sit through 75% of URL battles nowadays- some of them are good, I just literally do not have the time to spare on a 50-something minute battle video if I don't really like it.

Edit: thanks @mike rigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
It's pretty long, but he breaks it down and defends his opinions logically. here is his list if you dont feel like watching

Honorable Mentions
Tsu Surf
Heavybags
Danja Zone
Pass
Pat Stay

Top 5
5) Charlie Clips
4) Miltown Bloe / Spit Dat Heat
3) Debo / QOTR
2) B Magic
1) Math Hoffa
List is pretty on point. Did Danja Zone have bad battles in 2016? I don't remember him being in anything that I felt strongly about one way or the other, was this more because he failed to capitalize on his upward momentum from 2015? He did look like he was going to be a possible top tier rapper at one time, but I haven't thought about his battles much lately and that can't be a good sign.

Last edited by Destro; 01-02-2017 at 04:59 AM.
Destro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:59 AM   #8
culturedboy
#StopBeingDirty

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
culturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICE
Pass? He had like 4 matches lol

bishop that he won, ars that was debatable (deezy don't neg me!!!), raptor that was incredibly replayable, and bagz where he got bagged

that's no stock drop, that's jus average -- his stock wasn't high to begin with

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
u might pocket check erik but u wouldnt pull up on t top, the nigga built like a uzi in human forms
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormFromOTBVA View Post
your 5 sigs look horrendous
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:00 AM   #9
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Math is going to murder this man
u a cracked out fatty like butts are
~fever
wwjjddd? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:09 AM   #10
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
List is pretty on point. Did Danja Zone have bad battles in 2016? I don't remember him being in anything that I felt strongly about one way or the other, was this more because he failed to capitalize on his upward momentum from 2015? He did look like he was going to be a possible top tier rapper at one time, but I haven't thought about his battles much lately and that can't be a good sign.
I think it's a combo of him failing to capitalize on a big 2015 for him (e.g.: His battle with Nitty on URL not being particularly memorable, mostly battling on smaller leagues, doing battles on DF against England that don't really do anything for him, etc.), and then also either having debatables or losing against guys like DNA or Big T.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:10 AM   #11
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
72 min long?! Christ, anyone able to give cliffnotes?

I like Chris Unbias' videos for the most part, so I'm sure he's got some interesting shit to say. But I can't even sit through 75% of URL battles nowadays- some of them are good, I just literally do not have the time to spare on a 50-something minute battle video if I don't really like it.
I feel you. I listen to things like this and get disappointed with myself after. I could have learned how the combustion engine works but I decided to listen to Chris unbiased humble brag about texting battle rappers for over an hour.
RandallFlagg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:11 AM   #12
Destro
Waxy Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
Pass? He had like 4 matches lol

bishop that he won, ars that was debatable (deezy don't neg me!!!), raptor that was incredibly replayable, and bagz where he got bagged

that's no stock drop, that's jus average -- his stock wasn't high to begin with
Yeah, Pass probably doesn't deserve to be on this list. He did also battle Brizz at that URL West event. I can't recall much of what Pass said, but it felt like it took the crowd a little bit to warm up to him and even discounting crowd reaction Brizz still prob got it at least 2-1 on first watch. I could be remembering it wrong, but I don't think Pass got crushed or anything- Brizz was just better. I could see a case being made that the fact that it was his first URL battle & he was the one who was closer to home turf but still lost didn't help his stock, but Brizz is no slouch. I haven't watched it yet, but I've seen a bunch of people saying he beat Arsonal, and unless he chokes, Ars is always tough to beat clearly.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:14 AM   #13
Destro
Waxy Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallFlagg View Post
I feel you. I listen to things like this and get disappointed with myself after. I could have learned how the combustion engine works but I decided to listen to Chris unbiased humble brag about texting battle rappers for over an hour.
Exactly. I'm sure it's at least somewhat interesting because his vlogs generally are good, I could just think of so many things I'd rather do with my free time than listen to another grown man talk about which battle rappers had down-years for the duration of a short feature-length movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I think it's a combo of him failing to capitalize on a big 2015 for him (e.g.: His battle with Nitty on URL not being particularly memorable, mostly battling on smaller leagues, doing battles on DF against England that don't really do anything for him, etc.), and then also either having debatables or losing against guys like DNA or Big T.
True that. All I remember about the Big T battle was T being in top form & having a fire ass rhyme scheme that ended with something about "amber alert/oh you think I'm kiddin' Danja". And DNA isn't terrible, but the Danja Zone that battled Daylyt (the second time) would wash 2016 DNA. I literally do not remember that battle at all, like even that it happened let alone what league it was on...that's probably not a good sign.

Last edited by Destro; 01-02-2017 at 05:22 AM.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:17 AM   #14
Prison Mike
And it hoit!

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Prison Mike is not the worst person
Quote:
Math is going to murder this man
For real. I didn't watch this video, but I'm curious to, just to see how much credit CU takes for the success of other bloggers/battlers, or the entire culture in general. He usually can't go ten minutes without reminding the viewer of the part he played in an up-and-comer's progression. DID YOU KNOW HE HOSTED ONE OF AVE'S BATTLES but it got vaulted I believe.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:20 AM   #15
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1452 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Yeah, Pass probably doesn't deserve to be on this list. He did also battle Brizz at that URL West event. I can't recall much of what Pass said, but it felt like it took the crowd a little bit to warm up to him and even discounting crowd reaction Brizz still prob got it at least 2-1 on first watch. I could be remembering it wrong, but I don't think Pass got crushed or anything- Brizz was just better. I could see a case being made that the fact that it was his first URL battle & he was the one who was closer to home turf but still lost didn't help his stock, but Brizz is no slouch. I haven't watched it yet, but I've seen a bunch of people saying he beat Arsonal, and unless he chokes, Ars is always tough to beat clearly.
He also battled JC which was his best battle of the year...
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:25 AM   #16
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
For real. I didn't watch this video, but I'm curious to, just to see how much credit CU takes for the success of other bloggers/battlers, or the entire culture in general. He usually can't go ten minutes without reminding the viewer of the part he played in an up-and-comer's progression. DID YOU KNOW HE HOSTED ONE OF AVE'S BATTLES but it got vaulted I believe.
I think the only times it came up were talking about how HeavyBags could've been running battle rap media if he had stayed independent instead of going to RapGrid, and his beef with Math. Oh, and how he'd been sitting on an interview with a battler from awhile back that made Debo and QOTR look extremely bad from like 2014.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:40 AM   #17
Destro
Waxy Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
He also battled JC which was his best battle of the year...
Word yeah, now that you mention it, I remember that battle better than the Brizz joint. That one was closer, I remember thinking it was one of those "2-1 either way" type battles where I could truly see a case made for either of them winning. I really don't watch too many battles 2x anymore, but maybe I should give that one another watch. It's only like 27 min long, so I'll probably watch it again tomorrow:
Old 01-02-2017, 06:41 AM   #18
Prison Mike
And it hoit!

Quote:
I think the only times it came up were talking about how HeavyBags could've been running battle rap media if he had stayed independent instead of going to RapGrid, and his beef with Math. Oh, and how he'd been sitting on an interview with a battler from awhile back that made Debo and QOTR look extremely bad from like 2014.
Smh. All in all, I agree with his list. I think Math has been on it a few years in a row now. He's definitely earned that spot though. Bashir knocked something out of him that day, I think. He hasn't been the same since. I think he has to retaliate in order to get his mojo back. He won't be Math Hoffa again until he beats Diz up or is at least given the opportunity lol. I'm kidding but yeah, I'm grateful that the list was posted cause I would've hated to lithin to Chrith Unbiath for theventy minuth.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:00 AM   #19
Nikolas34520

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
Long ass video but Chris really dug in the shit. Wasn't expecting non-battlers to be on this list but the way it was explained makes sense. Miltown Bloe is a piece of shit if what he said is true, damn he did southern battle rap dirty.

And Debo, once again damn. That's shit he drove away Snoop and is pimping out female battle rap. A Bunch of greedy fuckers is what they are. At least half he battlers on this list I like so I hope they do better this year.
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:22 AM   #20
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
Smh. All in all, I agree with his list. I think Math has been on it a few years in a row now. He's definitely earned that spot though. Bashir knocked something out of him that day, I think. He hasn't been the same since. I think he has to retaliate in order to get his mojo back. He won't be Math Hoffa again until he beats Diz up or is at least given the opportunity lol. I'm kidding but yeah, I'm grateful that the list was posted cause I would've hated to lithin to Chrith Unbiath for theventy minuth.
I think Serge said it best, when he said that the Calicoe and Dizaster battles essentially ruined Math. With Cal, Math got beaten and booed badly in his hometown, and got his confidence shaken. Then, Diz beating up Math took away the aura of Math being this untouchable bully.

Unless if Math embraces his sense of comedic timing more often in battles, he's probably not gonna get more big names in the near future.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:28 AM   #21
Prison Mike
And it hoit!

Quote:
I think Serge said it best, when he said that the Calicoe and Dizaster battles essentially ruined Math. With Cal, Math got beaten and booed badly in his hometown, and got his confidence shaken. Then, Diz beating up Math took away the aura of Math being this untouchable bully.

Unless if Math embraces his sense of comedic timing more often in battles, he's probably not gonna get more big names in the near future.
Agreed. Math can be hilarious when he wants to.. He's letting it get to him, but I guess I see why. Diz is a great battler, but pretty garbage as a person imo. He always taunts people, like Math, and even Gjonaj. He beat Gjonaj and that seems to be the popular opinion of most fans I've seen, but the way Diz stalked and taunted Gjo for the longest time, you would think he lost cause he sounds so bitter. Wish Math could've got his ass whooped by anybody else, Illmac preferably. Random, but that would be fucking hilarious to me.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:35 AM   #22
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Fatz intro track is absolutely FEUGO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Debo got ethered in this vlog...lmao!
Edit 2: Damn...so did Magic

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. Big Pun
4. MF Doom
5. Notorious BIG
6. Fred The Godson

Last edited by Assassin Ben; 01-02-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Assassin Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:03 AM   #23
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Charlie clips been making these lists for the past 2 years.

Plz stop booking him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:18 PM   #24
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripplesunday1 View Post
Charlie clips been making these lists for the past 2 years.

Plz stop booking him.
Clips is a guarenteed million view battle on URL i dont they ever will tbh
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:20 PM   #25
iamHBY

Sad but true about Clips. He was terrible against Nitty yet the battle's about 50K from hitting a million, and his Ill Will battle is at over 700K in 3 weeks.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:31 PM   #26
SHOWTIME

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
SHOWTIME is better than Grind Time AustraliaSHOWTIME is better than Grind Time Australia
Chris Unbias has to be the most unlikeable battle rap blogger that's popular. Something about the way he comes off is just so aggravating.
SHOWTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:33 PM   #27
lukej

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
lukej is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
Chris Unbias has to be the most unlikeable battle rap blogger that's popular. Something about the way he comes off is just so aggravating.
Say what you want

He keeps it real when others won't
lukej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:39 AM   #28
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
Clips is a guarenteed million view battle on URL i dont they ever will tbh
Of course, i meant KOTD and DF

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 03:52 AM   #29
acidzero
lookin oinkish : ux9

acidzero is better than Grind Time Australiaacidzero is better than Grind Time Australia
fuck debo
acidzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:52 PM   #30
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 344 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
List is on point...except for Pass IMO

Aside from the Moneybagz battle( which I thought Bagz was gassed like crazy in) I thought Pass had a good year. Beat Bishop & Ars, debuted on URL in a dope battle vs Brizz..had a FIRE performance against JC. I can't see how he won't get top names in 2017..as well as get another matchup on URL. doesn't seem like a stock drop to me

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:08 PM   #31
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Can anyone who watched it explain why Pat is there? I think Pat's stock is going to drop hard next year, but this year he battled Hollow, JJTD, Tone and Serius, I would say that that shows his stock is the highest it has ever been in 2016. Likely his constantly unspectacular performances will cost him next year, but this year at least he has done exceptionally well.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:53 PM   #32
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Debo a pussy for getting the initial video pulled
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags