Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
KOTD PPV site suggestions/complaints

Old 01-14-2017, 03:29 AM   #1
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 637 Post(s)
King Fly is not the worst person
KOTD PPV site suggestions/complaints

Dont know if any of yall noticed - but we took in some of the complaints and suggestions (mostly from here) about our site and made some changes over the last couple ppvs.
- you no longer need to make a new account everytime.
- site is now secure as a https and you can use a CC right on the site without having to go to paypal to do it.
- putting as much info as we can on the buy page.

yall got any other suggestions/complaints that would improve your user experience?
King Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:37 AM   #2
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
yes..
u a cracked out fatty like butts are
~fever
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:39 AM   #3
acidzero
lookin oinkish : ux9

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
acidzero is better than Grind Time Australiaacidzero is better than Grind Time Australia
thank you
acidzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:51 AM   #4
iamHBY

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Thank you.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 04:38 AM   #5
Nikolas34520

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
Please charge Canadians in CAD but other than that great job and thank you to everyone that makes it all possible.
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 04:57 AM   #6
Schwarzer_Negger

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Schwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time AustraliaSchwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time Australia
Can you still not watch on your phone?

Why dont u use youtube paid videos?
Schwarzer_Negger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:42 AM   #7
Coma
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Coma is not the worst person
it would be dope if there was some kind of point system attached to the accounts for incentives and rewards
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:46 AM   #8
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1452 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
- When the event is over, the battles should be split up into individual videos. If people want to go back and watch a specific battle, having to tread through hours of footage is a bitch.

- Polls after every battle. These are great and can be used in the commentary. Also, if judging ever becomes a thing, you can factor in the PPV vote.

- Make the background a really zoomed in picture of @Laugh N' Stalk's face.

That's about it. The PPV experience itself is pretty enjoyable and the new accounts thing was the most annoying. Thanks for fixing that.
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:48 AM   #9
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fly View Post
- you no longer need to make a new account everytime.
nice. that was the only thing that i didn't like.

time stamps on when battles start on the play back so it is easy to find the battles you want to re-watch. would be cool.
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:02 AM   #10
Tyren

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tyren is not the worst person
Why did you have to make a nee account everytime im curious

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Tyren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:04 AM   #11
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 562 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Can it be free?
Keep the the left field stuff ➡️here⬅️, plz & thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekelon View Post
Well thanks, I don't know how long this will last, but if you let me post I won't let you down...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
also the Venn diagram of people who wanna hear me use venn diagrams to explain things and people who care what I have to say, is nearly a perfect circle so I dunno what's what anymore....
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:15 AM   #12
mulatto mutant

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
mulatto mutant is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Can it be free?
fax gp asking the real questions for the betterment of the fan experience
03) Tsu Surf
04) Calicoe
05) B Magic
06) Illmaculate
07) Aye Verb
08) Iron Solomon
09) Tay Roc
10) Fresco
mulatto mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:17 AM   #13
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas34520 View Post
Please charge Canadians in CAD but other than that great job and thank you to everyone that makes it all possible.

cant differentiate between diff currencies for diff countries
Old 01-14-2017, 06:22 AM   #14
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzer_Negger View Post
Can you still not watch on your phone?

Why dont u use youtube paid videos?
phones work - they didnt for a bit due to an OS update for iPhones (andriods always worked) but ustream/vimeo changed something to be compatible

youtube paid videos suck lol. not only does youtube take a 35%-45% cut - then the network takes a cut of the remaining 55%-65% - and people freak out thinking were charging for everything (like they did when we tested it for the glove up gz event - we lost a couple thousand subs lol) - its also restricted to certain countries - they give you a list of what countries can buy it - its less than 20 countries.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:22 AM   #15
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
it would be dope if there was some kind of point system attached to the accounts for incentives and rewards
not sure if we can implement that on the ppv site - there is one on the kotd store though for people who buy merch
Old 01-14-2017, 06:30 AM   #16
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
- When the event is over, the battles should be split up into individual videos. If people want to go back and watch a specific battle, having to tread through hours of footage is a bitch.

- Polls after every battle. These are great and can be used in the commentary. Also, if judging ever becomes a thing, you can factor in the PPV vote.

- Make the background a really zoomed in picture of @Laugh N' Stalk's face.

That's about it. The PPV experience itself is pretty enjoyable and the new accounts thing was the most annoying. Thanks for fixing that.
splitting them into individual battles, then cuts out the commentary and interviews, which some of our fans love (myself included, most times i like it better than the battles tbh). it would also take a couple days to get them up as they would have to be transferred, then edited, then rendered, then uploaded - at the same time were trying to ensure the battlers make their departure flights etc

however i did see a suggestion from rigs about putting time stamps on the page to where the battles are - that can certainly be done - that way you know exactly where to go to find the battle you want.

i wish ustream didnt do away with their overlay polls as they were the best. theres no way to add a poll after each battle (well i mean there is - but unless you refresh after every battle - you will never see them) - however i could add a poll like i had up for GvG once the event ends so people just need to refresh the once.

get me that picture and i can make it the off air background
this is the current one:
Old 01-14-2017, 06:31 AM   #17
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
nice. that was the only thing that i didn't like.

time stamps on when battles start on the play back so it is easy to find the battles you want to re-watch. would be cool.
will do for sure!
Old 01-14-2017, 06:32 AM   #18
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyren View Post
Why did you have to make a nee account everytime im curious

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
we were using a diff variation of the software we now have, and sometimes it wouldnt register the new user level. so if you bought it and had a previous account - half the time you were still stuck on the level from the last ppv.
got a diff version of it and tried it out from wd6 on and it doesnt seem to have that issue anymore
Old 01-14-2017, 06:33 AM   #19
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Can it be free?
for you? sure - hit me up before bo7 and i got you
Old 01-14-2017, 10:04 AM   #20
SHOWTIME

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
SHOWTIME is better than Grind Time AustraliaSHOWTIME is better than Grind Time Australia
Just one suggestion, don't book another match up like Big T vs Knamelis
SHOWTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:00 PM   #21
Henrik

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Henrik is not the worst person
I think the post-battle interviews work way better at the small table setting somewhere in the background than in the middle of the pit immediately after the battle.
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 04:56 PM   #22
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
I think the post-battle interviews work way better at the small table setting somewhere in the background than in the middle of the pit immediately after the battle.
totally agree. for GvG, we had no choice with the way the venue was set up and we were also short 2 film crew (jeff and nelson werent there) so we didnt have as many cameras as normal to do the set up.
for the last bunker - they werent supposed to just stand there, but did for some reason anyways lol
Old 01-14-2017, 05:07 PM   #23
culturedboy
#StopBeingDirty

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
culturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICE
Quote:
splitting them into individual battles, then cuts out the commentary and interviews, which some of our fans love (myself included, most times i like it better than the battles tbh). it would also take a couple days to get them up as they would have to be transferred, then edited, then rendered, then uploaded - at the same time were trying to ensure the battlers make their departure flights etc
i'd wait an extra 2 days if they were specific diff VODs and commentary was cut into its own separate section, the only reason i stopped buying PPVs was because the VOD was so complicated and annoying on mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
u might pocket check erik but u wouldnt pull up on t top, the nigga built like a uzi in human forms
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormFromOTBVA View Post
your 5 sigs look horrendous
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:31 PM   #24
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
i'd wait an extra 2 days if they were specific diff VODs and commentary was cut into its own separate section, the only reason i stopped buying PPVs was because the VOD was so complicated and annoying on mobile
its just really a lot of work on the film team to do that for two day events - one day events are easier to do
i 1000% know what you mean about shitty on mobile (all the parts in the one player - need to wait for one part to end) but we have those parts up in separate players again as soon as possible. so at least that way each part is a separate player - easy to FF and im going to start listing the times as well to the battles, so it will be easier to go right to where you want.

hit me up right before blackout (a day or so) - and this one is on me to see if its not as frustrating for you this time
Old 01-14-2017, 06:52 PM   #25
Coma
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Coma is not the worst person
Quote:
not sure if we can implement that on the ppv site - there is one on the kotd store though for people who buy merch
Oh damn, had no idea. Glad you guys fixed the multiple account thing. That was the only gripe I had. It's awesome you jumped on here asking for this kind of feedback.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:15 PM   #26
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
lmao give me the link and il let u know
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:15 PM   #27
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Quote:
you no longer need to make a new account everytime.
okay its perfect. are these changes in effect now? can we revert them for a little??
i made an original parody that makes fun of this
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:58 PM   #28
Carl Spackler
Cinderella story

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Carl Spackler is better than Grind Time AustraliaCarl Spackler is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
its just really a lot of work on the film team to do that for two day events - one day events are easier to do
i 1000% know what you mean about shitty on mobile (all the parts in the one player - need to wait for one part to end) but we have those parts up in separate players again as soon as possible. so at least that way each part is a separate player - easy to FF and im going to start listing the times as well to the battles, so it will be easier to go right to where you want.
Never tried mobile but desktop can be a frustrating too. Having them in one player would be great if there was navigation. Like having multiple parts in a slider/carousel so you could skip parts without using the embed timeframe, I think that would be ideal. Timestamps are a great call.

It's been awhile since I've seen any polls, I liked how you use to have them pop up after a battle. Wouldn't be too hard to stick one in the sidebar. Battles, battle of the night, performance of the night..

It would be nice to have some information about times on the watch ppv page, maybe even twitter embeds so you know whats up with start times, delays, issues without leaving the site.

The header drives me crazy. Why is the logo anchored to the bottom with all that padding on top. Branding is out of date anyway.. Diamond looks way better. Sometimes the color schemes are a little weird.
Carl Spackler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 12:45 AM   #29
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Have you ever used sound cloud on a desktop? It allows the users to leave comments on timestamps that poo up as you listen to the track. Itd be dope to have a similar player for the vod. You'd free yourself up from having to do the timestamps every ppv as some guy like Iamhbywould do it just for the novelty of seeing his name pop up there. Also it'd be great to read everyone's comments as they pop up. Hell Id probably rewatch the whole ppv commentary included for that. If quality control is an issue only enable it for repeat buyers.
RandallFlagg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:17 AM   #30
Casual

Mentioned: 450 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Split up the battles.

Or at least make it so you don't have to load each video to get to the next one...and provide time stamps so i don't accidentally click on a part where DBD is saying some dumb shit.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:28 AM   #31
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
Never tried mobile but desktop can be a frustrating too. Having them in one player would be great if there was navigation. Like having multiple parts in a slider/carousel so you could skip parts without using the embed timeframe, I think that would be ideal. Timestamps are a great call.

It's been awhile since I've seen any polls, I liked how you use to have them pop up after a battle. Wouldn't be too hard to stick one in the sidebar. Battles, battle of the night, performance of the night..

It would be nice to have some information about times on the watch ppv page, maybe even twitter embeds so you know whats up with start times, delays, issues without leaving the site.

The header drives me crazy. Why is the logo anchored to the bottom with all that padding on top. Branding is out of date anyway.. Diamond looks way better. Sometimes the color schemes are a little weird.
i really wish ustream didnt kill the overlay polls - they were great, but now we got no way to do that. can def add one into the side bar though (i think - ill have to try and find out)

ill see if i also cant add in a twitter feed to the sidebar - the only thing is - its usually me telling people that the event is delayed by posting it on the FB page. ill def see if i cant get someone to help update the twitter at the same time so the feed will show on the site as well.

not sure what you mean with a logo anchored at the bottom of the header with padding on top (can you take a screenshot and show me?) Home page or buy page?
color scheme are usually matched the to the events color schemes - but also agree some of them have been a lil weird lol
Old 01-16-2017, 07:30 AM   #32
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Split up the battles.

Or at least make it so you don't have to load each video to get to the next one...and provide time stamps so i don't accidentally click on a part where DBD is saying some dumb shit.
each part will be in a separate player - it just takes time and fans are impatient. so we put em in the one player right away so everything is there - then i spend the next two days downloading and uploading the parts so that they are in separate players

and battle time stamps will 100% be there from now on
Old 01-16-2017, 07:33 AM   #33
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallFlagg View Post
Have you ever used sound cloud on a desktop? It allows the users to leave comments on timestamps that poo up as you listen to the track. Itd be dope to have a similar player for the vod. You'd free yourself up from having to do the timestamps every ppv as some guy like Iamhbywould do it just for the novelty of seeing his name pop up there. Also it'd be great to read everyone's comments as they pop up. Hell Id probably rewatch the whole ppv commentary included for that. If quality control is an issue only enable it for repeat buyers.
i love that idea - however i dont know how it could be implemented as we dont use our own player (as in a player where we can add that type of coding into). were kinda stuck with what either ustream (for live) or vimeo (for VOD) have to offer. ill look around though. always looking for ways to improve.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:16 AM   #34
RyMo
Contributor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
RyMo is not the worst person
Loved the polls, is there a way of doing it through number of tweets, like if more people #SoulBO7 than #GjonajBO7 it came up with the numbers? Be quite good to see
RyMo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:22 PM   #35
Carl Spackler
Cinderella story

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Carl Spackler is better than Grind Time AustraliaCarl Spackler is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
i really wish ustream didnt kill the overlay polls - they were great, but now we got no way to do that. can def add one into the side bar though (i think - ill have to try and find out)

ill see if i also cant add in a twitter feed to the sidebar - the only thing is - its usually me telling people that the event is delayed by posting it on the FB page. ill def see if i cant get someone to help update the twitter at the same time so the feed will show on the site as well.

not sure what you mean with a logo anchored at the bottom of the header with padding on top (can you take a screenshot and show me?) Home page or buy page?
color scheme are usually matched the to the events color schemes - but also agree some of them have been a lil weird lol
Those overlay polls really were the shit, too bad. I'm sure there's lots of poll plugins to choose from, the only suggestion I would have is that it might be annoying if the poll interferes with the player, so maybe sticking it in an iframe so you can vote without refreshing the whole page.

I haven't played around with any twitter embeds, but if you could pull tweets from certain user with a specific hashtag that way you don't get overloaded with tweets that aren't relevant to ppv status. Not sure if you can query tweets like that though. Not sure if you've ever used the plugin sidebar logic but it's perfect if you don't want to make multiple sidebars and have specific content display on certain pages and not others.

Here's a screen from desktop. FF on top, Chrome in the middle, and Safari on the bottom. I resized the page and it looks good on mobile, desktop not so much.
Carl Spackler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:25 PM   #36
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyMo View Post
Loved the polls, is there a way of doing it through number of tweets, like if more people #SoulBO7 than #GjonajBO7 it came up with the numbers? Be quite good to see
that could be possible - we can tell people on the ppv to use those hashtags on twitter, then i can manually count them up
Old 01-16-2017, 07:27 PM   #37
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Those overlay polls really were the shit, too bad. I'm sure there's lots of poll plugins to choose from, the only suggestion I would have is that it might be annoying if the poll interferes with the player, so maybe sticking it in an iframe so you can vote without refreshing the whole page.

I haven't played around with any twitter embeds, but if you could pull tweets from certain user with a specific hashtag that way you don't get overloaded with tweets that aren't relevant to ppv status. Not sure if you can query tweets like that though. Not sure if you've ever used the plugin sidebar logic but it's perfect if you don't want to make multiple sidebars and have specific content display on certain pages and not others.

Here's a screen from desktop. FF on top, Chrome in the middle, and Safari on the bottom. I resized the page and it looks good on mobile, desktop not so much.
never used the sidebar logic - but will def check it out now

ahhhh ok ok i see what you mean now - yeah ill see if i can change the padding in the CSS
Old 01-17-2017, 02:03 PM   #38
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
Thanks kingfly
Old 01-17-2017, 08:54 PM   #39
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
fixed the padding
Old 01-17-2017, 09:03 PM   #40
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1452 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Do you guys do a Twitter poll after every battle? I'm not sure if this is already happening but that's at least a good band-aid for this. Some sort of official polling to be referenced on the PPV is AGL.
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
gjonajbo7, soulbo7