Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Most influential battlers of All Time???

Old 02-06-2017, 08:22 PM   #1
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Most influential battlers of All Time???

Who are some of the most influential battlers of all time? And why?

I'll start us off. (In no order)

Thesarus : this dude has more clones than everyone else combined. He made multi's cool, and ran GT.

QP : WAY ahead of his time. People still tryin to catch up. He invented all this bar/scheme shit. And is still the only one that does it right.

Serious Jones : most dumb asses won't realise it, but he started that whole conversational/"talk to him" shit.

Who you guys got?
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:32 PM   #2
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Good list.

Thesaurus. He literally birthed a style folks are using to this very day.

Quantum of course.... but apparently we need to be giving Brixx Belvedere a bit too.

I've got a couple "odd" ones.

Prez Mafia. I believe the entire "PG step" style and mannerisms started from him.

Murda Mook- The first cat I've seen primarily use angles to take someone out. It's a prominent strategy now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:48 PM   #3
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy probably likes in here/hair word play
Will never, ever understand the QP love but he is definitely one of hte most influential.
Thesaurus, Kid Twist, Lux, Clips.
StankDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:48 PM   #4
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Lux- he had two different performances that really molded the way battle rappers sounded and brought in a shit load of fans... Him vs Miles and him vs cal arguably both top 5 most influential performances ever

Mook- He did a lot of shit that this generation adopted... "Smack called me I was gettin some head" and "I know y'all confused like what's up wit this picture" Shaped how a lot of battlers started their rounds off in the next generation/incorporated the story like introduction... He also was the first person to ever look in the camera and address someone else that he wasn't battling then go back to his opponent.. and finally the angles like price explained

Illmac & Saurus- really were the first to put that rapid multi style on and every gt/kotd up and comer damn near sounded like them for awhile

Sons- really some of the wordplay and double/triple entendres happening today started with them before anyone else was doing it.. and everyone at one point has spit a version of that slow it down

Hitman- Tech came before him as far as performance goes but the level he raised it to probably makes him the performance G.O.A.T and really but a divide in the culture to the point where now performance vs pen is a consistent debate

Rex- Simply the goat of battle rap had the rapid fire flow with hell of punches and definitely the king of the street talk and "cold lines" also was one of the first battlers I remember that would go anywhere battle whoever and not duck.. And has battled in every era of battle rap
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart

Last edited by LukeWaltonisGoat; 02-06-2017 at 08:57 PM.
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:04 PM   #5
phoenix

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
phoenix is not the worst person
Obvious

The Saurus
Mook
Lux
Illmac
Hollow
Arsonal
phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:07 PM   #6
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Every battle rapper added onto Url's roster after 2014 sounds or performs like surf damn near except maybe 4 of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:47 AM   #7
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
Lux- he had two different performances that really molded the way battle rappers sounded and brought in a shit load of fans... Him vs Miles and him vs cal arguably both top 5 most influential performances ever

Mook- He did a lot of shit that this generation adopted... "Smack called me I was gettin some head" and "I know y'all confused like what's up wit this picture" Shaped how a lot of battlers started their rounds off in the next generation/incorporated the story like introduction... He also was the first person to ever look in the camera and address someone else that he wasn't battling then go back to his opponent.. and finally the angles like price explained

Illmac & Saurus- really were the first to put that rapid multi style on and every gt/kotd up and comer damn near sounded like them for awhile

Sons- really some of the wordplay and double/triple entendres happening today started with them before anyone else was doing it.. and everyone at one point has spit a version of that slow it down

Hitman- Tech came before him as far as performance goes but the level he raised it to probably makes him the performance G.O.A.T and really but a divide in the culture to the point where now performance vs pen is a consistent debate

Rex- Simply the goat of battle rap had the rapid fire flow with hell of punches and definitely the king of the street talk and "cold lines" also was one of the first battlers I remember that would go anywhere battle whoever and not duck.. And has battled in every era of battle rap
Couldn't have said it better myself. The names and reasons are spot on.

The only change I'd make is maybe adding Kid Twist. He's been around since the WRCs day and his sarcastic witty personal approach has been adopted by everyone including street dudes.

I also think Eyedea should get a mention. He was such a good rapper during the freestyle scribble jam era that he got a lot of people into the culture. I know I wouldn't be a fan today if I didn't recognize his insane freestyling ability back then. A lot of angles and punchlines you here today are just variations of Eyedea freestyles. Facts.
RandallFlagg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:51 AM   #8
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAintRight View Post
Prez Mafia. I believe the entire "PG step" style and mannerisms started from him.
you are right he is crazy influential. He got a lot of clones.

its very ironic how the two things he is known for is being an originator, and stealing.
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:32 AM   #9
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 344 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Thesaurus
Illmac
Lux
QP Sons

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:34 AM   #10
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 344 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
Who are some of the most influential battlers of all time? And why?

I'll start us off. (In no order)

Thesarus : this dude has more clones than everyone else combined. He made multi's cool, and ran GT.

QP : WAY ahead of his time. People still tryin to catch up. He invented all this bar/scheme shit. And is still the only one that does it right.

Serious Jones : most dumb asses won't realise it, but he started that whole conversational/"talk to him" shit.

Who you guys got?
Serius makes alot of sense...he gets alot of hate..always been a fan. I'll never forget watching him body Jin for the first time on MTV2

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:35 AM   #11
iamHBY

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Conceited.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:12 AM   #12
Scartown

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Scartown is better than Grind Time AustraliaScartown is better than Grind Time Australia
Con for sure.
Lux, people still trying to be lux.
QP easily, dude inspired a whole genre that people still can't keep up with.
Scartown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:06 AM   #13
StankDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallFlagg View Post
The only change I'd make is maybe adding Kid Twist. He's been around since the WRCs day and his sarcastic witty personal approach has been adopted by everyone including street dudes.
Had already mentioned Twist, but this post is better.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:11 AM   #14
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
B Magic
SONS
Lux
Mook
Saurus/Illmac
Kid Twist
Possessed

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. Big Pun
4. MF Doom
5. Notorious BIG
6. Fred The Godson
Assassin Ben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:51 AM   #16
phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin Ben View Post
B Magic
SONS
Lux
Mook
Saurus/Illmac
Kid Twist
Possessed
I heavily fuck with Possessed. But can you explain why you think he is one of the most influential?
Old 02-08-2017, 11:08 AM   #17
Assassin Ben

Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
I heavily fuck with Possessed. But can you explain why you think he is one of the most influential?
The respect that Possessed had from Illmac and Thesaurus was clearly evident in their Las Vegas match. At that time I don't think Thesaurus and Mac really took any UK threat seriously but they respected Possessed cause he was fire.

WRC 2007 was full of rappers trying to be like Possessed. It was heavily rumoured that Arkaic copied Possessed's style.

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. Big Pun
4. MF Doom
5. Notorious BIG
6. Fred The Godson
Assassin Ben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:16 PM   #18
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
tiger ty used rhymes in 2010 that other battlers will be using in 2025

mark my words
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:20 PM   #19
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league

off da wall crack pipe demolition

Last edited by SpecialOh; 02-08-2017 at 12:25 PM.
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:08 PM   #20
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by StankDaddy View Post
Had already mentioned Twist, but this post is better.
Not everything is about you.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:29 AM   #21
StankDaddy

Quote:
Not everything is about you.
Fuck off, yes it is
Old 02-09-2017, 05:35 AM   #22
THINKaboutIT
Norman Smiley

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
THINKaboutIT is not the worst person
Justice from Australia. He was virtually untouchable in Australia through 04-05 and capped it off by going to Scribble Jam and winning the comp. He definitely paved the way for Aussies.
THINKaboutIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:18 AM   #23
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by THINKaboutIT View Post
Justice from Australia. He was virtually untouchable in Australia through 04-05 and capped it off by going to Scribble Jam and winning the comp. He definitely paved the way for Aussies.
Justice vs Thesaurus was a classic.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:50 AM   #24
Marcus

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Justice vs Thesaurus was a classic.
THAT BENJAMIN BUTTON freestyle was craaaazy.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:00 PM   #25
phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Best rebuttal of all time in my opinion. The way it was delivered was just crazy!
Old 02-09-2017, 12:09 PM   #26
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I was talking about their scribble battle but yeah that is one of the best rebuttals ever.

"I am Benjamin Button with the cycle that I'm aging Ill fuck your daughter at her highschool graduation"
Old 02-09-2017, 12:22 PM   #27
Marcus

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
I was talking about their scribble battle but yeah that is one of the best rebuttals ever.

"I am Benjamin Button with the cycle that I'm aging so when I'm 50 Ill fuck your daughter at her highschool graduation"
I know but it was so crazy couldnt help myself. Fixed it for you btw
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #28
Fingers

Fingers is not the worst person
Math Hoffa - in 2012 he announced he was going on a battle tour and would do 10 battles in a year. He had 11 battles in 8 diffierent leagues in 13 months - against top tier opponents.

He was the 1st to take a lot of battles, on a ton of leagues, to get paid $$$!

Then Daylyt, Shine, DNA, Arsonal, Clips,JJDD and more began taking more battles.
Fingers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:13 PM   #29
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
Math Hoffa - in 2012 he announced he was going on a battle tour and would do 10 battles in a year. He had 11 battles in 8 diffierent leagues in 13 months - against top tier opponents.

He was the 1st to take a lot of battles, on a ton of leagues, to get paid $$$!

Then Daylyt, Shine, DNA, Arsonal, Clips,JJDD and more began taking more battles.
I'll never knock someone for putting food on their table but that influence has been detrimental to battlerap as a whole. Those little leauges put up all their start up money to get those names and then they come in and half ass. The leuge is left with lack luster footage and then fails which puts lots of up and coming talent out of work. Not only that but then those bigger names have one less place to get paid in the future when none of the bigger leauges want to to book them anymore because everyone thinks their whack from all the bullshit battles they take.

I mean I get it. Theyre offering you money so why not? But if youre not prolific enough to show up like you're expected you're only hurting yourself in the long run for the sake of fast cash. If you're a contracter and you get several jobs at once you're not going to half ass the work because word is going to get around that you suck. Whereas if you actually do what you're supposed to then you will not only get more work but can charge more for the quality.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:51 AM   #30
StankDaddy

Quote:

"I am Benjamin Button with the cycle that I'm aging Ill fuck your daughter at her highschool graduation"
"Looks like he's been using gasoline as acne cream"

Was that teh scribble joint?
Old 02-10-2017, 02:59 AM   #31
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Thumbs up

Quote:
"Looks like he's been using gasoline as acne cream"

Was that teh scribble joint?
I can't recall but I don't think so.

Thesaurus actually won I would say but it went to OT and he fell off and the crowd booed him.

I just remember Thesaurus saying "Hes Austrailan - A less distinguished version of an English person".
Old 02-10-2017, 03:23 AM   #32
StankDaddy

Quote:
I can't recall but I don't think so.

Thesaurus actually won I would say but it went to OT and he fell off and the crowd booed him.

I just remember Thesaurus saying "Hes Austrailan - A less distinguished version of an English person".
Just checked the vid - it was in that final.
"You wack mc don't battle me when he was a faggot teen he must've used gasoline as an acne cream"

Such a fucking good year for Scribble.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:10 AM   #33
THINKaboutIT
Norman Smiley

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
THINKaboutIT is not the worst person
Quote:
Just checked the vid - it was in that final.
"You wack mc don't battle me when he was a faggot teen he must've used gasoline as an acne cream"

Such a fucking good year for Scribble.
Saurus - "G'day mate, you need to vacate, coz based on ur time zone ur a day late"

Justice - "I'm a day late and that's the reason for ur fucken mothers period"

His set up for that was sloppy, but such a fire rebuttal.

Iron vs Pass that year was amazing as well
THINKaboutIT is offline   Reply With Quote