Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
So the KOTD lost the venue for the Bunker?

Old 03-10-2017, 07:32 PM   #1
Rtongsta

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Rtongsta is better than Grind Time AustraliaRtongsta is better than Grind Time Australia
So the KOTD lost the venue for the Bunker?

@ at around 1:10:00
Chris Unbias talks about how he heard KOTD might have lost the building to the Bunker since Verb was supposed to battle at future event but it seems to not be going down
Old 03-10-2017, 08:01 PM   #2
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i think if we join together as a community we can help them find the bunker
u a cracked out fatty like butts are
~fever
wwjjddd? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:09 PM   #3
Casual

Mentioned: 450 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
@AVOCADO SAY IT AIN'T SO?? What can RMBVA do to help?

im done with battle rap if bunkers gone tbh.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:19 PM   #4
Dog Debarko
SHUT YOUR MOUTH DOWN

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Dog Debarko is not the worst person
GROWL GROWL BARK YIP YIP BARK GROWL

Sounds like the plot to Breakin' 2:Electric Boogaloo...

Wealthy real estate developers want the land but there's a venue where kids do their hippity-hoppity stuff there, so the community must rally around the venue and hold one last final gig to raised the money to save the Radiotron...er.. I mean Bunker.

*Press SFX buttons*

Dog Debarko Hits The Airhorn
Dog Debarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:50 PM   #5
iamHBY

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Debarko View Post

Wealthy real estate developers want the land but there's a venue where kids do their hippity-hoppity stuff there, so the community must rally around the venue and hold one last final gig to raised the money to save the Radiotron...er.. I mean Bunker.

Let's get the fundraiser for the commu...I mean The Bunker poppin' soon!
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:01 PM   #6
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Debarko View Post

Old 03-10-2017, 09:32 PM   #7
acidzero
lookin oinkish : ux9

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
acidzero is better than Grind Time Australiaacidzero is better than Grind Time Australia
makes sense since we haven't heard of any upcoming bunker cards since december. would be really upset if this is true tho.
acidzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:47 PM   #8
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Avocados going to dispel this unsightly rumor... any second now... i hope.

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:43 AM   #9
The Wrist
my first name is The

The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
"i told you we should have asked first before tagging the walls!!!"

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:57 AM   #10
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Bunker events seem live as fuck. Everybody in the building sweating like they just got home from Planet Fitness. I am honestly upset that I've never been to one of those shows. Living in Orlando doesn't make it easy though.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:13 PM   #11
Smitty Greenspan

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Smitty Greenspan is not the worst person
how did they 'lose' the bunker? my understanding was that the property was purchased by Jpro and Avo or something to that effect, is it a city ordinance thing or was they simply not selling enough tiks to keep up with the rent?
Smitty Greenspan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:28 PM   #12
phoenix

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
phoenix is not the worst person
@AVOCADO please tell us what's going on
phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:59 PM   #13
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 829 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty Greenspan View Post
how did they 'lose' the bunker? my understanding was that the property was purchased by Jpro and Avo or something to that effect, is it a city ordinance thing or was they simply not selling enough tiks to keep up with the rent?
Probly leasing it but if something is happening I bet they're trying to work thru it

Or if they are losing cheddar or whatever and they just wanted to call it a day who knows, it's up to them, but hopefully everything is cool
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:04 PM   #14
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Fuuuuckin. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:23 PM   #15
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
that fucking sucks. avocado invested too much in it to only get that much use out of it
JC
All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:55 PM   #16
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
idk, having never visited the bunker my opinion is somewhat invalid, but as someone looking at it from the outside can we agree that maybe the bunker was never as ideal as it was made out to be and that maybe this will be an opportunity to move on to a better west coast venue?

put it to you this way, most of what made the bunker special was aesthetic (murals, staging, etc) but there were a few elements to that place that took away from the events. Primary thing is that it's a metal sauna box in California that's visibly roasting the energy out of both the crowd and the battlers, Thesaurus is lucky to still be alive. I'm sure they were taking what measures they could to ventilate the place but most events seemed to suffer from heat fatigue. The location I'm not too sure was very attractive for bringing in crowds/new bloods who might just be in the area and are curious what's going on, again idk what kinda area it's in but it doesn't seem the be exactly bubbling. Maybe it's just me but attendance always seemed to suffer (I understand it's meant to be a smaller "underground" venue) but when the majority of faces you see are the battlers, regular heads and reverse live it almost seems less like an event and more like a backyard tree house club. I know I sound like a total hater rn I'm really not trying to piss on the bunker/kotd but let's be honest that there was something about the atmosphere that felt kinda sad and made the whole west coast scene seem somewhat squandered.

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 03:42 PM   #17
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 426 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRon da Dong View Post
idk, having never visited the bunker my opinion is somewhat invalid, but as someone looking at it from the outside can we agree that maybe the bunker was never as ideal as it was made out to be and that maybe this will be an opportunity to move on to a better west coast venue?

put it to you this way, most of what made the bunker special was aesthetic (murals, staging, etc) but there were a few elements to that place that took away from the events. Primary thing is that it's a metal sauna box in California that's visibly roasting the energy out of both the crowd and the battlers, Thesaurus is lucky to still be alive. I'm sure they were taking what measures they could to ventilate the place but most events seemed to suffer from heat fatigue. The location I'm not too sure was very attractive for bringing in crowds/new bloods who might just be in the area and are curious what's going on, again idk what kinda area it's in but it doesn't seem the be exactly bubbling. Maybe it's just me but attendance always seemed to suffer (I understand it's meant to be a smaller "underground" venue) but when the majority of faces you see are the battlers, regular heads and reverse live it almost seems less like an event and more like a backyard tree house club. I know I sound like a total hater rn I'm really not trying to piss on the bunker/kotd but let's be honest that there was something about the atmosphere that felt kinda sad and made the whole west coast scene seem somewhat squandered.
highly highly disagree especially with how you ended it.

Last edited by ledge; 03-11-2017 at 04:47 PM.
ledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:32 PM   #18
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
I'm not believing anyone but KOTD staff

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. Big Pun
4. MF Doom
5. Notorious BIG
6. Fred The Godson
Assassin Ben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:47 PM   #19
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
highly highly disagree.
Well that's nothing new

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:03 PM   #20
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 426 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRon da Dong View Post
Well that's nothing new
haha, it hasn't been THAT bad recently.

for all intents and purposes everyone I've talked to loved being there...hard to judge from an outside perspective besides all the REALLY quality releases, which have all been great.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:43 PM   #21
Rtongsta

Rtongsta is better than Grind Time AustraliaRtongsta is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty Greenspan View Post
pretty sure that building was rented / leased an not actually owned
Old 03-12-2017, 05:50 PM   #22
lukej

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
lukej is not the worst person
How much was it to lease that place anyway
lukej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:15 PM   #23
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Thumbs up

From my understanding the building was regularly used and rented out as studio space for artists as well.

It's worrisome Avo hasn't debunked this yet. Hope he's just getting a laugh out of a baseless rumor.