Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
I don't think Rone gets the respect he deserves

Old 04-11-2017, 11:05 PM   #1
thepointe01

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
thepointe01 is not the worst person
I don't think Rone gets the respect he deserves

I'm not his biggest fan, but his resume is really good. He has literally beaten all the west coast kotd battlers (the possible exception being a debateable with thesaurus). He borderline bodied his opponent in his two title matches (tho him bodying caustic you could see coming from a mile away). He beat fresco who is everyone's fave at the moment, and at least has one or two moments in every battle that are genuinely entertaining. His only real loss is against goodz. He just shows up, every time, and wins (usually with an entertaining performance).

Don't get me wrong. I'm rooting for ice and do expect him to win, but it does perturb me how little he's mentioned as one of kotd's best.
thepointe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:33 PM   #2
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Except for Fresco being everyone's favorite (he had like one great performance, lol), I agree with this. Regardless of what you think of Rone, he has a formula that works and wins battles.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:48 AM   #3
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepointe01 View Post
I'm not his biggest fan, but his resume is really good. He has literally beaten all the west coast kotd battlers (the possible exception being a debateable with thesaurus). He borderline bodied his opponent in his two title matches (tho him bodying caustic you could see coming from a mile away). He beat fresco who is everyone's fave at the moment, and at least has one or two moments in every battle that are genuinely entertaining. His only real loss is against goodz. He just shows up, every time, and wins (usually with an entertaining performance).

Don't get me wrong. I'm rooting for ice and do expect him to win, but it does perturb me how little he's mentioned as one of kotd's best.
I agree with everything except i had fresco winning clearly.
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:53 AM   #4
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 941 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Rone is a great all around battler but the Goodz loss showed that there's still some space between him and the top tiers in the game.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:55 AM   #5
brodeezy

Mentioned: 627 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
Rone is a great all around battler but the Goodz loss showed that there's still some space between him and the top tiers in the game.
facts

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE: WD7DAY2: https://m.twitch.tv/trappingoutthebandwidth

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:56 AM   #6
thepointe01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
I agree with everything except i had fresco winning clearly.
I'll have to watch it back, but I remember thinking fresco's third was all types of cringe. "Haha you might been sexually abused by a child predator as a kid!!"
Old 04-12-2017, 12:58 AM   #7
thepointe01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
well put
Old 04-12-2017, 02:53 AM   #8
cdizzle

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
cdizzle is not the worst person
Fresco beat Rone for sure. But Rone beat Goodz tbh
cdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:03 AM   #9
Jaybird

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Jaybird is not the worst person
Agreed 100 percent.
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:59 AM   #10
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle View Post
But Rone beat Goodz tbh
I agree. I can see why people give it to Goodz but I feel there's a shit ton of bias involved in just handing him the win.

Rone clearly beat thesaurus too.

I do think Rone is one of the most "decorated" and most polished KOTD battlers. People always want to give him credit for his performance but I also think he's one of hell of a writer. He knows how to pick good angles and is great at executing them.

This is exactly why I have him over Ice.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:34 AM   #11
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Rone is cool, but Fresco clearly beat him. By a long way imo. That battle didn't feel close, I think Rone misjudged his angles (like Caustic did vs him.... twice)

The Goodz battle made him look a little try-hard, and it's hard to win when you look over-invested.

He is def one of the better kotd battlers, but he isn't the first name that comes to mind for top tiers. He should battle Diz, I think his style could work really well there.
Shadowposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:47 AM   #12
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy probably likes in here/hair word play
He didn't come close to beating Fresco. Otherwise, i agree with the body of the OP but it hink he gets his due.

Edit after reading some replies: Of course he beat Goodz. Thats not even a question.
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:38 AM   #13
Sky2real

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Rone is a nerd that sucks at rapping and does his best to imitate black culture.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:13 PM   #14
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2889 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Goodz was the first person to make Rone look bad. Sure he had better lines, but he looked uncomfortable and didn't have a good approach. I'm worried it'll be the same against ICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:23 PM   #15
track 1

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
rone should of did funny jokes on all three rounds vs goodz
track 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:54 PM   #16
Casual

Mentioned: 450 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by track 1 View Post
rone should of did funny jokes on all three rounds vs goodz
wasn't it a one rounder tho
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:22 PM   #17
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Yea i like Rone a lot but he def lost to Fresco. his writing was pretty light in that battle and his performance was pretty off. I think he later said he was super hungover when he battled Fresco. The crowd fucking sucked that event. And i have Goodz winning their battle. Rone wasn't bad but should have approached it differently. Weird match. The one-round factor prolly hurt Rone because he usually builds momentum throughout 3 rounds. I'm pretty excited to see how both Rone and Ice approach their battle.
u a cracked out fatty like butts are
~fever
wwjjddd? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:21 PM   #18
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
Goodz was the first person to make Rone look bad. Sure he had better lines, but he looked uncomfortable and didn't have a good approach. I'm worried it'll be the same against ICE
You & @SonnyDaze are spot on.

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:07 PM   #19
DonnaDaMom
LoM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
DonnaDaMom is not the worst person
Rone vs Goodz was just a mismatch and it shown. Rone didnt lose but the viewers did.
Fresco didnt beat Rone, that 3rd was terrible reused angles.
DonnaDaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:11 PM   #20
SpecialOh
©

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
im all about the funny guys that the shit im into

last few battles rone has been so un-funny the illmac one was the worst he trying to emulate his oponents a bit now instead of being hilariously witty

same with @Charron funny hes here..as a fan a "second" title match for him is like hmmmmmm rlly?

chedda and carter blowin em out of the water in that aspect
SpecialOh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:28 PM   #21
InsertBigTGunSound
BLOCKA BLU BLOCKA

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
InsertBigTGunSound is better than Grind Time AustraliaInsertBigTGunSound is better than Grind Time Australia
I know this may be a bit of a style clash, but I want to see him versus Shotgun Suge