Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Announcement Bagnall officially leaves Don't Flop

Old 07-05-2017, 11:46 PM   #1
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Bagnall officially leaves Don't Flop

u a cracked out fatty like butts are
~fever
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:48 PM   #2
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Kotr all day baby
Old 07-06-2017, 01:36 AM   #3
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2889 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Yeah, I think supporting Eurgh in any way at this point, when everyone around him has turned against him, is stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:14 AM   #4
acidzero
lookin oinkish : ux9

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
acidzero is better than Grind Time Australiaacidzero is better than Grind Time Australia
ok since i'm completely out of the loop here, what exactly is eurgh doing (or not doing) that's pissing off all these staff members? shorting them on money? not paying them at all?
acidzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:17 AM   #5
iamHBY

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
ok since i'm completely out of the loop here, what exactly is eurgh doing (or not doing) that's pissing off all these staff members? shorting them on money? not paying them at all?
Yes and yes (right down to Cruger not editing any of the battles because he hasn't been getting paid).
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:54 AM   #6
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
The accusation essentially is like you said, he's taking money from the league while the staff aren't being paid. Obviously can't vouch for the validity of the claim, but that's essentially what's being alleged
Old 07-06-2017, 07:08 AM   #7
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 344 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
That's everybody isn't it? Bagnall is like the 8th staff member to leave in recent days. DF is literally just Eurgh now

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:41 AM   #8
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Honestly it seems like this is a simple case of Eurgh trying to keep the lion's share. Everyone gets offered 'exposure'.

Could be a huge blow to UK as right now, there is literally no-one in the UK battle scene to take over (Mickey really doesn't have the personality to be king)
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:13 AM   #9
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Glad he cleared up the 'literal elephant' confusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
there is no point of rewinding 5 times that 7 guys molested okwerdz family 11 times.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:28 AM   #10
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Kiiiing offf theee fuuuucking ronaaaallllds

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:36 AM   #11
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
He seems genuinely depressed .

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. Big Pun
4. MF Doom
5. Notorious BIG
6. Fred The Godson
Assassin Ben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:51 AM   #12
magik

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
magik is a PY Poster
if it's been 'this bad' why the fuck have these people been taking this amount of shit for so long? i mean he must really know how to choose his ''employees'' any one with any kind of backbone would have told eurgh to go fuck himself a long time ago or even simplier just ko'd his ass.
magik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:19 PM   #13
Assassin Ben

Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by magik View Post
if it's been 'this bad' why the fuck have these people been taking this amount of shit for so long? i mean he must really know how to choose his ''employees'' any one with any kind of backbone would have told eurgh to go fuck himself a long time ago or even simplier just ko'd his ass.
Life is real bro, actions have real consequences and as he said; he didn't just want to bail on his friends. He's an integral part of the team, bailing would screw a lot of people over.

It sounds like the staff relationships in DF are hella strained

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. Big Pun
4. MF Doom
5. Notorious BIG
6. Fred The Godson
Old 07-06-2017, 12:53 PM   #14
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
I gotta say, it sounds shit but we have heard a lot of this before. Quite a lot of battlers and former staff members have left in the past for similar reasons and they were usually dismissed as bitter haters, quite a few of these guys that are leaving now took part in ridiculing them and discrediting what they said. Obviously we don't know all the ins and outs but Eurgh can't be the only person to blame.

Edit- TBF, reading back, I see Bagnall is kind of owning up to this a bit here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
there is no point of rewinding 5 times that 7 guys molested okwerdz family 11 times.

Last edited by rogermellie; 07-06-2017 at 01:10 PM.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:27 PM   #15
Casual

Mentioned: 450 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Basically the nail in the coffin. Sucks for UK battlerap...

That said, if literally everyone but Eurgh are gone, they could pretty easily just all form another league to really shit on the guy. I don't get the impression that Eurgh does a whole lot of the heavy lifting...seems like he just happens to be the owner and the host.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:42 PM   #16
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Basically the nail in the coffin. Sucks for UK battlerap...

That said, if literally everyone but Eurgh are gone, they could pretty easily just all form another league to really shit on the guy. I don't get the impression that Eurgh does a whole lot of the heavy lifting...seems like he just happens to be the owner and the host.
I think the problem is that Eurgh has the deep pockets. I remember Kid Twist clowning on his attitude with the whole 'Mommy I wanna battle league...' thing. Starting a league from scratch even with established names is always a tough start and it would be difficult to find someone willing to invest into it.

If they can find someone with the money and the connections that Eurgh had, then a practically already formed battle rap league is just waiting to be taken. But look at GT, it had guys like Drect and Lush One going solo and looking to restart something, but neither managed to reform it.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.

Last edited by Emancee; 07-06-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:05 PM   #17
Casual

Mentioned: 450 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
I think the problem is that Eurgh has the deep pockets. I remember Kid Twist clowning on his attitude with the whole 'Mommy I wanna battle league...' thing. Starting a league from scratch even with established names is always a tough start and it would be difficult to find someone willing to invest into it.

If they can find someone with the money and the connections that Eurgh had, then a practically already formed battle rap league is just waiting to be taken. But look at GT, it had guys like Drect and Lush One going solo and looking to restart something, but neither managed to reform it.
Yeah good call.

You would think if his pockets were that deep he wouldn't need to be stealing what (in comparison) is probably pennies from the staff/battlers...
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:38 PM   #18
Tom HAAANHKS
The steel I rise

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tom HAAANHKS is not the worst person
That last "UKBL" event had a good chunk of DF's main roster either battling or in attendance showing support. I think at the moment they'd be the likely replacement league, but I'm not sure what kind of resources they have, and they haven't had an upload in 5 months. They do have an event on Aug 5th with Oshea but the card is kinda weak.

Ideally, King of the Ronalds will take over now.

Tom HAAANHKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:12 PM   #19
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
in the trade this is known as pulling an Illz
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:29 AM   #20
KebertXela
after school pottery star

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
KebertXela is not the worst person
I heard Liam and the rest all went in together on buying GT from mad ills. He wanted his $20 check to clear before he announced he was leaving.
KebertXela is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:27 AM   #21
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Haven't even read yet. Gonna save it for a time where I can appreciate it even FURTHER
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:41 AM   #22
thekotdchain

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
thekotdchain probably likes in here/hair word play
eurgh been known as a snake since the WRC's.
  • Pat Stay
  • Real Deal
  • Head Ice

thekotdchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:19 AM   #23
Marcus

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
This is essentially Marxist theory
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:43 PM   #24
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
#freejamil
Old 07-07-2017, 01:55 PM   #25
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by magik View Post
I agree with this 100%. I ain't working for no boss that ain't paying me and/or fucking other people over. If Eurgh is that bad how was this allowed to continue for like 7+ years?
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:03 PM   #26
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlehogg View Post
I agree with this 100%. I ain't working for no boss that ain't paying me and/or fucking other people over. If Eurgh is that bad how was this allowed to continue for like 7+ years?
I'm guessing but battle rap for many operates in that grey space between hobby, passion and business interest so if you're an Eurgh you can exploit that. For example if I joined DF and went all out to promote an event that was local to me and promoted emcees I liked (and was given a good-sized platform to do so) I may be willing to overlook money at least initially.

+ Eurgh obviously hustles that 'you're getting paid in exposure' line.

But it's weird when you piece together how may staff and battlers (I was reading Natrill's Twitter yesterday) have left over the past few years why it's only just come Cosbying out over the past week or so (but I'm a total outsider, so I assume it's been simmering for much longer)
Old 07-07-2017, 02:23 PM   #27
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuntoffs are Jumps View Post
I'm guessing but battle rap for many operates in that grey space between hobby, passion and business interest so if you're an Eurgh you can exploit that. For example if I joined DF and went all out to promote an event that was local to me and promoted emcees I liked (and was given a good-sized platform to do so) I may be willing to overlook money at least initially.

+ Eurgh obviously hustles that 'you're getting paid in exposure' line.

But it's weird when you piece together how may staff and battlers (I was reading Natrill's Twitter yesterday) have left over the past few years why it's only just come Cosbying out over the past week or so (but I'm a total outsider, so I assume it's been simmering for much longer)
Some fair points here.
The whole your getting paid in exposure shit does fly to a certain extent though. If it weren't for don't flop I never would of heard of Shotty Horroh, O'Shea, Lunar C, Shufflo, Tony D, and a bunch more. Dont Flop/Eurgh did a lot for their careers. Seems like it's more his own staff he has really fucked over. Which is pretty wack.
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:12 PM   #28
Cuntoffs are Jumps

is anyone left now?
Old 07-15-2017, 04:53 PM   #29
rikkymang

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
rikkymang is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuntoffs are Jumps View Post
is anyone left now?
I'm sure Eurgh already has another crew ready to step in and fill the positions to work for free. So many cats are willing to do anything for exposure that they wouldn't mind working for free. I'm sure Eurgh is already grooming his next Bagnall....
It's the same way that Chronicle, used to stand next to Eurgh for the battles, then it was Mickey, then Bam etc etc and now it's that weird looking guy. When he leaves there will be another....
rikkymang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:25 AM   #30
Assassin Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkymang View Post
I'm sure Eurgh already has another crew ready to step in and fill the positions to work for free. So many cats are willing to do anything for exposure that they wouldn't mind working for free. I'm sure Eurgh is already grooming his next Bagnall....
It's the same way that Chronicle, used to stand next to Eurgh for the battles, then it was Mickey, then Bam etc etc and now it's that weird looking guy. When he leaves there will be another....
It's going to be hard to find another Liam Bagnall. It would be like trying to find another Avo

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. Big Pun
4. MF Doom
5. Notorious BIG
6. Fred The Godson
Old 07-25-2017, 04:44 PM   #31
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Here's the thing I always wonder.
Why is one man in charge of it all? How do you give him more footage when you haven't been paid for past footage? Is he pocketing money that is there, or are they thinking there's more to be made.

Too many of these guys quit giving these ambiguous statements but nothing actually concrete of what's going down.

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:56 PM   #32
Tittyfuckin
I've got a pretty mouth

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tittyfuckin is not the worst person
I haven't paid attention to any of this for like a year and I come on today to see all this beef happening and the only thing I can think is 'about fucking time'.

Eurgh has been hated on by people within the scene more often than every other battlerap personality combined, for as long as I've been watching pretty much. The amount of battlers that just fucked off completely over the years, most assumed (or straight up said it) because of Eurgh and most people just sort of shrugged it off as an ego thing and carried on. It was fucking annoying to see honestly, when someone pretty much has a monopoly on high profile british battles and you can see that they actually hinder the movement because of their greed and ego it's just sad.

I'm actually glad this is finally imploding and I really hope something stronger and more representative of the best of british battling can come up out of the ashes. People will always remember Don't Flop fondly if it does completely crumble, but it's not what it could and should be and something like this needed to happen.

Wether or not another org can get close to what the DF team accomplished is yet to be seen, but it will be fucking great if anything does.
Tittyfuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:21 PM   #33
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tittyfuckin View Post
I haven't paid attention to any of this for like a year and I come on today to see all this beef happening and the only thing I can think is 'about fucking time'.

Eurgh has been hated on by people within the scene more often than every other battlerap personality combined, for as long as I've been watching pretty much. The amount of battlers that just fucked off completely over the years, most assumed (or straight up said it) because of Eurgh and most people just sort of shrugged it off as an ego thing and carried on. It was fucking annoying to see honestly, when someone pretty much has a monopoly on high profile british battles and you can see that they actually hinder the movement because of their greed and ego it's just sad.

I'm actually glad this is finally imploding and I really hope something stronger and more representative of the best of british battling can come up out of the ashes. People will always remember Don't Flop fondly if it does completely crumble, but it's not what it could and should be and something like this needed to happen.

Wether or not another org can get close to what the DF team accomplished is yet to be seen, but it will be fucking great if anything does.
fuck them tits (said with talk dat shit voice)

it's crazy the number of people that just disappeared from Don't Flop I always assumed they'd moved onto other things but thinking about it it never happened on anywhere approaching the same scale in any other league
Old 07-29-2017, 03:38 PM   #34
RyMo
Contributor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
RyMo is not the worst person
Krishna has now left DF as well, anybody that's been to a DF event will know how big a loss this is
RyMo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 05:37 PM   #35
Cuntoffs are Jumps

so that's everyone from here http://dontflop.com/staff/ gone bar Eurgh?
Old 07-29-2017, 08:35 PM   #36
Particular Apples

Particular Apples is not the worst person
Fuck. I hope a new league forms with all of the talent that have left, or an existing league ups their game and takes on a bunch of DF people.

I always found it hard not to like Eurgh, at least as a battler/host, even though he comes across as a narcissistic cunt a lot of the time. Always gave him the benefit of the doubt but it's hard to look past at this point when literally everyone has left for the same reason more or less.

I think he is probably too egoic a person to admit fault or even acknowledge any of this, and will instead delude himself into believing it's everyone else's fault that things went to shit for him.

DF was my favourite league for years so it's sad to see this happening. Funny timing, ten years on from the whole Jumpoff meltdown which was the first real glimpse into Eurgh's arrogance/character defects (as much as I always felt his team did win that shit...)

DFAFD...

And by that I mean "Don't Flop's apparently fucking dead..."

"Don't Flop's absolutely finished, damn" also works.

As long as the channel stays up with the countless hours of dope battles that happened over the years, I'll be able to move on from this significant loss

*sheds tear

I barely follow battles in general these days tbh, this same thing happening 3-4 years ago would have disappointed me a lot more than it does now. Most of my favourite UK battlers don't really battle that much nowadays and I hadn't checked the DF channel with any regularity in some time. I have copped a few of the more noteworthy matches on their Vimeo PPV page in the last year or so. The purchase cost for entire events is generally mad overpriced though and I'm even less likely to support them (basically just him, now) in the future given all of the fuckery that appears to have transpired.

RIP my favourite battle league. Would be pretty mindblowing if it was somehow kept alive at this point without becoming a pathetic shell of its former self.
Particular Apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:14 AM   #37
JR77

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I mostly hope the Calicoe battle, Respek BA vs Serius Jones, and Oshea vs Madness will still be released. The culture needs those.
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:06 AM   #38
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
I mostly hope the Calicoe battle, Respek BA vs Serius Jones, and Oshea vs Madness will still be released. The culture needs those.
For real. Cruger has the footage. Cruger also has a Youtube channel in need of views. It can't take a genius to connect that.

Tags
freejamil