Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
#MASSacre3 now that the full card is released, RMBVA talk to me.....

Old 07-07-2017, 04:12 AM   #1
st0ned
Contributor

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
st0ned is not the worst person
#MASSacre3 now that the full card is released, RMBVA talk to me.....

We're 2 weeks away from what I feel is the greatest MASS card yet. I feel when this event is over it's going to be remembered as one of the greatest battle events ever. Day 1 is an all star lineup of some of the greatest matchups that somehow haven't happened yet.

Bigg K vs Pat Stay
This is a battle people have been asking to be put together for years. Both are large in size (pause) and presence. Both are aggressive with their delivery and both have a unique way of breaking their opponents down.

Arsonal vs Iron Solomon
These 2 seem like they should have already battled somewhere before, both coming from the beginning of this era in lionz den, SMACK DVD, grind time, and URL. Both being very highly respected from the beginnings of their careers.

Chilla Jones vs Illmaculate
This is another battle I have seen asked about for years. Both of these MC's are known for having very intricate writing. This is what I would probably consider to be a battle to determine the best pen currently in battle rap.

Daylyt vs Mickey Factz
Once again a battle that has been talked about for a few years. This battle could possibly end up competing with Chilla vs Illmaculate for battle of the best pens.

Charlie Clips vs Thesaurus
A battle of legends. This is a battle I'm surprised hasn't happened yet. Both of these MC's are both incredible freestylers. Both have great humor as well as great defence.

Shotti P vs Shotgun Suge
Shotti P has risen through the ranks of KOTD for the past couple years having great battles with some of the biggest names thrown at him. Shotgun Suge has been one of the biggest names and most exciting MC's to watch the past could of years.

DNA vs Jimz
Jimz has been gaining popularity recently through both his blogs and his battles. DNA is coming off a great performance at Blackout and enjoys knocking guys on the come up down a free pegs.

Charron vs Aye Verb
A rescheduled battle from Blackout. Charron has been able to capitalize off of what most people would consider his weaknesses in this sport and Verb has one of the best flows in the scene.

That doesn't even get in to day 2, but I want to hear what you are thinking about this lineup?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
st0ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:16 AM   #2
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 476 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by st0ned View Post
Bigg K vs Pat Stay
Both are large in size (pause)

Idk why that's got me dying rn.

Very nice card, as expected bro. Thanks for your role in putting together events like these.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:35 AM   #3
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 426 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
pretty good card

shotti shouldn't be battling suge

could have and should have replaced the dna battle with geechi/rose

other then that I'm good widdit

thanks for forking out the bills brodie
Old 07-07-2017, 05:05 AM   #4
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Looks good

Smart move on keeping Dizaster off the card.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:12 AM   #5
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Minus shotti p vs shotgun suge its a fucking home run papa

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:14 AM   #6
Stolos

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Stolos is not the worst person
Looking forward to Pat/K, Ars/Iron, and Sarus/Clips. Daylyt/Mickey Facts will probably be dope too.

I like both Chila and Illmac, but I think this battle will be boring with little replay value tbh

Last three announcements were "meh" for me, but I understand why they're on the card.

Keep banging

Last edited by Stolos; 07-07-2017 at 05:17 AM.
Stolos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:14 AM   #7
iamHBY

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This is gonna be a fun weekend.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:34 AM   #8
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
So what battles are happening on day 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:03 AM   #9
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Wheather you like some of the names or not. Its a stacked card. Should be sick, good luck with it. Plus its not on the west coast so we dont have to wait til 1am for it to start over here

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:56 AM   #10
Henrik

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Henrik is not the worst person
Sick card! Looking forward to Illmac/chilla, Bigg K/Pat especially.

But it worries me that Kotd can only pull off this kind of line-up with an external sponsor. It indicates that battle rap is hard to capitalize off of in its own right. Hence how URL suddenly have ppv on all their big events even though Beasley explicitly has expressed his reluctance in doing so.
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:09 AM   #11
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 562 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
I'll prolly buy this, but the only battle I really wanna see is pat vs bigg k, tbh. Daylyt vs Mickey facts is a good match up, but I don't really like either one of them that much. Illmac vs chilla is actually a pretty decent match tbr tho. Not much animosity/history/reason in the rest of the matches. After charron's recent indiscretion, I'd rather see his battle cancelled lest I end up somehow putting a couples coins in his pocket after disrespecting the very culture that he uses to make a living, but whatever
Keep the the left field stuff ➡️here⬅️, plz & thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekelon View Post
Well thanks, I don't know how long this will last, but if you let me post I won't let you down...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
also the Venn diagram of people who wanna hear me use venn diagrams to explain things and people who care what I have to say, is nearly a perfect circle so I dunno what's what anymore....

Last edited by 6000GP; 07-07-2017 at 10:13 AM.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:43 AM   #12
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Charron posting up the images of himself with firearms immediately tells me that he is going to do two rounds of gun bars followed by a psyche gun bars are for faggots round. Not really interested in that.

Similarly I can't get through a Daylyt round any more.Factz makes good music, but his battle career has been meh so far.

The rest all have potential as long as one doesn't shit the bed. All have one MC fully capable of shitting the bed in them though!

Pat vs Bigg K and Ars vs Solomon are the only unquestionably dope battle on the card for me. I will buy the card only if I hear that Clips, Shotti, Chilla etc performed.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.

Last edited by Emancee; 07-07-2017 at 02:39 PM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:28 AM   #13
st0ned
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
pretty good card

shotti shouldn't be battling suge

could have and should have replaced the dna battle with geechi/rose

other then that I'm good widdit

thanks for forking out the bills brodie
A lot of people said Shotti shouldn't be battling clips, or swave and he was able to make those battles competitive at the very least.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:29 AM   #14
st0ned
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
This is gonna be a fun weekend.
I'm guessing by that statement, you're coming out. I look forward to seeing you out there.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:29 AM   #15
st0ned
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripplesunday1 View Post
Wheather you like some of the names or not. Its a stacked card. Should be sick, good luck with it. Plus its not on the west coast so we dont have to wait til 1am for it to start over here
#salute

Old 07-07-2017, 11:33 AM   #16
st0ned
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
Sick card! Looking forward to Illmac/chilla, Bigg K/Pat especially.

But it worries me that Kotd can only pull off this kind of line-up with an external sponsor. It indicates that battle rap is hard to capitalize off of in its own right. Hence how URL suddenly have ppv on all their big events even though Beasley explicitly has expressed his reluctance in doing so.
Thinking of me as an external sponsor is incorrect, I've been KOTD staff since shortly after the original MASSacre card. MASS has just become one of our marquee events hence one of if not the best lineup we put on all year.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:35 AM   #17
st0ned
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Charron posting up the images of himself with firearms immediately tells me that he is going to do two rounds of gun bars followed by a psyche gun bars are for faggots round. Not really interested in that.

Similarly I can't get through a Daylyt round any more.Factz makes good music, but his battle career has been meh so far.

The rest all have potential as long as one doesn't shit the bed. All have one MC fully capable of shitting the bed in them though!

Pat vs Bigg K is the only unquestionably dope battle on the card for me. I will buy the card only if I hear that Clips, Shotti, Chilla etc performed.
I'll say this, if you wait until you hear how the event went you'll definitely want to see it, but you'll still be mad at yourself for not watching the live stream. Just my 2 cents take it for what it's worth.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:10 PM   #18
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
genuinely disappointed charron vs black person is still getting booked. it's hard to believe KOTD and battlers aren't privy enough to understand how uncomfortably racial charron's gimmick is.

not a fan of shotti vs suge. it ain't a horrible matchup, but i definitely wouldn't put it on a mass card. it'll most likely be a "yeah, that happened" battle. tbh, i don't understand KOTD's investment in shotti, but i'm not mad at it. i like seeing battlers get an opportunity.

jimz vs DNA would be a cool opener. i like the match a lot. it could be very entertaining.

the rest of the card is amazing. i don't feel as if i have to talk about it. thanks for the contributions, nikiya.

Last edited by peace; 07-07-2017 at 01:46 PM.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:02 PM   #19
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
There's 4 battles on here I really want to see, which is a lot for any card. Ars vs Iron, Pat vs K, Saurus vs Clips, and Chilla vs Illmac

Day vs Mickey Facts and Shotti P vs Suge could be good

I'll watch Charron vs Verb cuz I want to know what Verb's going to say. Charron is so cringeworthy to me but I know he has his weird legion of fans so I understand the booking

DNA vs Jimz is the most skippable battle.
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:21 PM   #20
acidzero
lookin oinkish : ux9

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
acidzero is better than Grind Time Australiaacidzero is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Charron vs Aye Verb
Charron has been able to capitalize off of what most people would consider his weaknesses in this sport
..being corny?

nah this is a great card. not big on the shotgun/shotti match but everything else is gonna be crazy.
acidzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:28 PM   #21
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Like a few people have said already Shotti P has absolutely no business battling Suge. But who knows? It could work. Also unsure about how Mickey Factz is going to go, and Daylyt is always a bit hit n miss. Other than that I can't front! This is a hot card. Ars vs Solomon has some serious potential.
Battlehogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:06 PM   #22
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
agree Suge vs Shotti could get v. ugly for Shotti
Cuntoffs are Jumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:10 PM   #23
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
A lot of people said Shotti shouldn't be battling clips, or swave and he was able to make those battles competitive at the very least.

suge has been pretty clearly riding a higher wave then clips and riding a tsunami (jersey!) over swave

ive seen suge live before and he's so good in the building so I'm stoked to see him live again at least
Old 07-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #24
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
I'm guessing by that statement, you're coming out. I look forward to seeing you out there.

Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be able to be out there, but I will gladly be watching the PPV for one of the craziest cards that battle rap has seen in quite some time. BTW, it's a toss-up for me between any of the first 5 announcements, for what could be the best battle of the night.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #25
Rtongsta

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Rtongsta is better than Grind Time AustraliaRtongsta is better than Grind Time Australia
how did you mange to book suge and rosenburg, but match them up with megadef and shotti p?

everything else though i cant complain
Old 07-07-2017, 03:17 PM   #26
Casual

Mentioned: 450 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Copping that PPV for sure. Crazy card, massacre is easily the KOTD event I look forward to most these days.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:29 PM   #27
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Copping that PPV for sure. Crazy card, massacre is easily the KOTD event I look forward to most these days.

not even debateable tbh
Old 07-07-2017, 03:46 PM   #28
st0ned
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
genuinely disappointed charron vs black person is still getting booked. it's hard to believe KOTD and battlers aren't privy enough to understand how uncomfortably racial charron's gimmick is.

not a fan of shotti vs suge. it ain't a horrible matchup, but i definitely wouldn't put it on a mass card. it'll most likely be a "yeah, that happened" battle. tbh, i don't understand KOTD's investment in shotti, but i'm not mad at it. i like seeing battlers get an opportunity.

jimz vs DNA would be a cool opener. i like the match a lot. it could be very entertaining.

the rest of the card is amazing. i don't feel as if i have to talk about it. thanks for the contributions, nikiya.
I'm not gonna respond to the first part of your post other than to say I absolutely understand where you're coming from. Other than that, I appreciate the support and hope you feel you get more than you're money's worth.

Old 07-07-2017, 03:48 PM   #29
st0ned
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
There's 4 battles on here I really want to see, which is a lot for any card. Ars vs Iron, Pat vs K, Saurus vs Clips, and Chilla vs Illmac

Day vs Mickey Facts and Shotti P vs Suge could be good

I'll watch Charron vs Verb cuz I want to know what Verb's going to say. Charron is so cringeworthy to me but I know he has his weird legion of fans so I understand the booking

DNA vs Jimz is the most skippable battle.
I definitely appreciate the support. DNA was really good on blackout and jimz just keeps getting better and I hope to see him incorporate more of his blogging personality in his battling.

Old 07-07-2017, 03:48 PM   #30
st0ned
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
..being corny?

nah this is a great card. not big on the shotgun/shotti match but everything else is gonna be crazy.
Lol, appreciate the support bro.

Old 07-07-2017, 03:49 PM   #31
st0ned
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
not even debateable tbh
I definitely appreciate that.

Old 07-07-2017, 03:52 PM   #32
Casual

Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Calicoe vs. K or ICE for MASS4 would be dope btw. Just throwing it out there.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:56 PM   #33
InsertBigTGunSound
BLOCKA BLU BLOCKA

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
InsertBigTGunSound is better than Grind Time AustraliaInsertBigTGunSound is better than Grind Time Australia
I know Tay Roc and O-Red expressed interest in battling on the Mass3 card. Can you confirm if there was any mutual interest on your end to book them? Also did you guys attempt to book Fresco or Big T for any battles? I think Fresco vs B-magic or Big T vs Daylyt would've all been good choices
Old 07-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #34
lukej

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
lukej is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post

Well said except I think Jimz vs DNA could be either very good or very bad. DNA gonna bar him out and Jimz just gonna clown the shit out of him. Not the biggest fan of it.

OP is Nikiya? Salute.
lukej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:03 PM   #35
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Fire card, will be copping the ppv.
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:55 PM   #36
Nikolas34520

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
This card is incredible, after BO7 being a let down (imo) it's hard to complain. Tbh I don't mind whatever battle on this card as long as these are battles YOU want to see and you don't feel obliged by KOTD to book battles you don't care for. For all I care you can book Bangz vs DNA pt 2 if that's what you want to see. I get there's more things to factor in but that's my 2 cents.

Is it me or Pat Stay vs Bigg K seems like a battle that would never happen like Soul Khan vs Conceited but every time someone on talkback would post about their dream card this is always the main event. Tbh I'm happy it's booked so no one can ever suggest this battle after.

I can go on but every battle on this card has potential. I wonder how Suge will do but I hope for a good performance, to me that's the biggest ? along with how Jimz does vs DNA. Also I have no idea about Daylyt vs Mickey Factz (cause I have no idea about him) but I can only hope that it surprises me. All I know is I'll be watching on PPV.

Top 3 Battles I'm looking forward to:

Iron Solomon vs Arsonal - should have happened long ago, Ars is claiming this is his last KOTD battle and Iron is always on point (minus his cringey bars) leave little disappointment.

Chilla Jones vs Illmaculate - I was hoping for this last year so I'm glad it's finally going down, Chilla just needs to not be boring (I like when he puts aggression in his bars) and Illmac just need to be in good form and we'll have a good one.

Thesaurus vs Charlie Clips - initially I didn't like it (and my inner fanboy wants thesaurus to body him) but the more I think about, the more I like this one because their both really solid with writtens (I hate clips schemes tho), they both freestyle and they can feed off each others energy.

Sorry for the rambling, haven't really posted in a bit and wanted to get my thoughts out and thanks Nikiya once again for a fire ass card.
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:00 PM   #37
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

Bigg K vs Pat Stay
Both are large in size (pause) and presence.

Double pause B!

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. Big Pun
4. MF Doom
5. Notorious BIG
6. Fred The Godson
Assassin Ben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:25 PM   #38
Tom HAAANHKS
The steel I rise

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tom HAAANHKS is not the worst person
Never bootlegged before but I swore I was going to bootleg the next event after that Backout 7 blatant bad business fuckshit. Now I'm conflicted.

Tom HAAANHKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:32 PM   #39
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom HAAANHKS View Post
Never bootlegged before but I swore I was going to bootleg the next event after that Backout 7 blatant bad business fuckshit. Now I'm conflicted.

bootleg the next TORONTO event instead. and the one after that, for good measure.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:13 PM   #40
Tom HAAANHKS
The steel I rise

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tom HAAANHKS is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
bootleg the next TORONTO event instead. and the one after that, for good measure.
Solid idea actually. Sounds good.

Last edited by Tom HAAANHKS; 07-07-2017 at 06:15 PM.
Tom HAAANHKS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salute