Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Announcement Iron Solomon ruined Massacre

Old 07-27-2017, 07:54 AM   #81
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPR Holiday View Post
So let me get this strait, dude puts a shitload of money up for his hobby which his wife supports and then a bad bar about a ridiculously personal and horrible thing in dudes life gets brought up in a battle he has nothing to do with other than paying for, it infuriated his wife, people are saying its his fault, and people still don't understand why he's taking a step back? I guess yall motherfuckers ain't married.
this + in their situation I imagine you would see battle rap as an escape and therefore (justifiably!) have no expectation that this would be brought up, as there's no need for it to be.

+ when did battle rap go from battlers can say anything to each other to battlers can say anything about anyone connected to / within 300 feet of a battle?

'hey crowd faggot, I heard via a third party's Facebook message your dad died' sad face etc.

Last edited by Cuntoffs are Jumps; 07-27-2017 at 07:55 AM. Reason: demo
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:11 AM   #82
justin0

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
justin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trylemma View Post
You knowingly got involved in the era of battle rap where dudes openly take shots at opponent's family members, you actively became a "face" of the KOTD community, you made your daughter's case publicly known knowing the context in which you were in, and I'd find it hard to believe that you didn't know your wife would become upset had a line like Iron's been said. I'm glad you realize that this weighs heavily on you.
you have to be the most aggressively idiotic person on this forum.
justin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:13 AM   #84
pityposter
aka ekelon

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
pityposter User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
Dizaster ruined it by taking a Loaded line and by using the word nigga. Where's the backlash for that? Marc needed to do something other than stand there and look stupid.
Jesus christ do you ever stop?

You're literally the only one caring this much about it...
Old 07-27-2017, 11:28 AM   #85
pityposter
aka ekelon

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
pityposter User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
White people shouldnt be saying nigga.

You are a white person.
Aren't you Asian?

Old 07-27-2017, 04:07 PM   #86
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
if you're trying to say nikiya should suck it up and take it as part of being involved in battle rap you're an idiot it's as simple as that
Old 07-27-2017, 11:17 PM   #87
mek

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
mek is not the worst person
blah blah blah blah blah. looks like dude was spending too much money on battle rap and is looking for a way out
mek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:13 AM   #88
track 1

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
i read this whole thread and still don't know whats going on
track 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:07 PM   #89
TheDutch
Chillin'

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
TheDutch is a PY Poster
He took a wrong angle trying to be more disrespectful then arsonal, yeah it's a shitty thing to say, especially when you say it in front of the dude who has a terminal ill daughter and is paying you to say that shit. But it's just a tactic gone wrong, you can see in the 15 min of fame video he feels bad about it, even apologized for it. Understandable doh Nikaya and his wife are taking a step back for now, he looks like a good dude doh and smart enough to not blame the whole scene for one fukup. So just take that break uncle Nikky, you're appreciated here and we'll be waiting for your return.
TheDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 01:44 PM   #90
King Koopa
gtfo my castle son

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
King Koopa is not the worst person
This is some stupid middle-school shit.

How the fuck do you go about putting another mans personal life in the limelight like that? Better yet, a dude who ain't even in the battle. It's corny enough when dudes try to turn a battle into some sort of an exposť about their opponent, but it's even worse when you bring outsiders into it.

If you can't get a reaction for your bars without bringing up some real life shit from another persons private life, you should get back to the drawing board and stay there before your writing is up to par. SMFH. Fuck Solomon.
King Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:12 PM   #91
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
The saying the most offensive thing was from when battling was still in the streets and you could get hurt by being offensive. It was a punk off to your opponent.

With all the rules and protection from leagues it's now really cheap. Plus bringing in non battlers or someone you dont have some beef with for some reason is kind of wack.

I would assume its done because he's facing Arsonal. Arsonal is famous for being an offensive battler so many feel you gotta be offensive when you face im.

I dont mind offensive if the line is good and it offends the right person.

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:20 PM   #92
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpac187 View Post
So he's fine with the shit Pat sad about Marv's brother, or what Diz sad about DNA's mom, but when it offends him it's too much???

Iron is a clown for what he said tbf but this is weird.
If Nikiya was battling bringing up his daughter makes sense. Nikiya had nothing to do with the battle

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:44 PM   #93
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Am I the only 1 that was somewhat disturbed to the links solomon went to describe what he would do to Arsonals daughter? Im not gonna repeat it word for word lets just say it involves baby wipes point is this man actually wrote this down, read it, and rehearsed it over and over in his head idc if its in jest or to prove a point, thats fucked up man

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:49 PM   #94
acidzero
lookin oinkish : ux9

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
acidzero is better than Grind Time Australiaacidzero is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutch View Post
He took a wrong angle trying to be more disrespectful then arsonal, yeah it's a shitty thing to say, especially when you say it in front of the dude who has a terminal ill daughter and is paying you to say that shit. But it's just a tactic gone wrong, you can see in the 15 min of fame video he feels bad about it, even apologized for it. Understandable doh Nikaya and his wife are taking a step back for now, he looks like a good dude doh and smart enough to not blame the whole scene for one fukup. So just take that break uncle Nikky, you're appreciated here and we'll be waiting for your return.
best comment
acidzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:53 PM   #95
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
I thought iron was one of those guys who kind of became more positive as he got older... he seems like he's a good enough writer to not have to do that shit

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 04:09 AM   #96
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
This is some stupid middle-school shit.

If you can't get a reaction for your bars without bringing up some real life shit from another persons private life, you should get back to the drawing board and stay there before your writing is up to par. SMFH. Fuck Solomon.
I like this and I agree minus the Fuck Solomon part. I'm not that mean and he was dope a while back.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #97
Symphoniez

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Symphoniez is not the worst person
I'm of the mindset that it's battle rap and anything goes especially if the shit has already been made public.
Symphoniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:52 PM   #98
SpecialOh
©

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
did iron apologize to dudes wife yet and buy her flowers?

or maybe write her an appropriate poem

i would do something like that if i hurt somebody unintentionally. thats more important than a debate

Last edited by SpecialOh; 08-01-2017 at 09:54 PM.
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:45 PM   #99
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
did iron apologize to dudes wife yet and buy her flowers?

or maybe write her an appropriate poem

i would do something like that if i hurt somebody unintentionally. thats more important than a debate
that's a tough situation to gift you're way out of, I think you'd be better off parlaying with whoever edits the video.

though there's some merit to 'I poemed my way into this mess...'

also I'm so when I wrote poemed it autoc'd to premed.
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:45 AM   #100
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
I've said this plenty of times, but it bears repeating: I really hate that battle rap, for a lot of people, has become about saying the most offensive shit that you can think of.

Nikiya said "I've always been an advocate for being as offensive as possible to your opponent" but like I've always said, battle rap doesn't exist in a vacuum where it's just the two people on stage effected by the content. All these free speech champs out here complaining about PC-culture until it's something that personally effects them smh. Sad that this was the way out for him, but maybe he's learned a lesson, and I hope other people learn something too.
I can't rep you till whatever, but...

yes......totally......this culture has blabbed "there's no line" as a mantra forever and then act shocked when this shit happens.....my question is how does Iron know about it? why do I know about it now? why is dude letting the information out there in a community which he himself echos should be offensive as possible, and then be surprised someone used it? why? how?

People cross the line cuz the line is barely a line. It used to be a line but the wear and tear of decades of neglect have faded it beyond recognition. Who knows where one lane begins and one ends? Cars will drift. Lives will be changed irreparably. Don't crash the car , battle rap. Just calm down. You don't have to be "offensive as possible". We get it. You're tough. We all know it. Now lets rap.

edit - i realize this could be interpreted as me saying its his own fault. i don't think that. i feel bad for them and i've been in similar situations as theirs and would never wish it on anyone. literally the worst shit possible. i'm just fascinated by the conflicting stances like people have pointed out. i'm tired and this is starting to make less sense

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist

Last edited by The Wrist; 08-02-2017 at 08:55 AM.
The Wrist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:47 AM   #101
The Wrist
my first name is The

The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
I've been saying that Iron is wack for years. It would be stupid to blurt out something like that, but to write it and rehearse it for weeks? And you really never thought that it might be a tasteless thing to say? Really, Iron?

"anything goes in battling" is something I still agree with

I don't understand how these thoughts can occupy the same space. Or we're using words in ways I can't interpret. What's goin on here

album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 08-02-2017, 09:35 AM   #102
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post

yes......totally......this culture has blabbed "there's no line" as a mantra forever and then act shocked when this shit happens.....
Yeah this. I can understand the fans point of view, but I have to say that Solomon dropped the ball here. He's an experienced battler, he should have gauged the situation.

Nikiya has shown his love for the culture but never underestimate someone's love for their family. It's about time this corny-ass dead family insults and r*pin* peoples' daughters jokes left battle rap.

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. Big Pun
4. MF Doom
5. Notorious BIG
6. Fred The Godson
Assassin Ben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:45 AM   #103
The Wrist
my first name is The

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin Ben View Post
Yeah this. I can understand the fans point of view, but I have to say that Solomon dropped the ball here. He's an experienced battler, he should have gauged the situation.

Nikiya has shown his love for the culture but never underestimate someone's love for their family. It's about time this corny-ass dead family insults and r*pin* peoples' daughters jokes left battle rap.
yea. I also get that it was his wife who was particularly affected and she isn't part of the culture to the degree he is, but it highlights why this "anything goes!!!" shit is so limiting if growth of battle rap as a thing is something you want to see happen.

Solomon probably should know better, but its the overall attitude towards the offensiveness in general that even gives him the idea it would be acceptable. Rap battles are as old as rappin' but "battle rap" as its own thing is still new and needs a few more minutes in the oven.

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 08-02-2017, 12:53 PM   #104
Assassin Ben

Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
but it highlights why this "anything goes!!!" shit is so limiting if growth of battle rap as a thing is something you want to see happen.
Yeah exactly. There are so many directions to head when writing. It is limiting...attacking staff for shock value is hella corny to. The rap elders need to steer this culture back to where it was supposed to be.

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. Big Pun
4. MF Doom
5. Notorious BIG
6. Fred The Godson
Old 08-03-2017, 04:20 AM   #105
The Wrist
my first name is The

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin Ben View Post
Yeah exactly. There are so many directions to head when writing. It is limiting...attacking staff for shock value is hella corny to. The rap elders need to steer this culture back to where it was supposed to be.
I meant limiting in the sense of bringing in new eyeballs

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 08-03-2017, 03:05 PM   #106
Assassin Ben

Quote:
I meant limiting in the sense of bringing in new eyeballs
I see, well that's even more true. The general population aren't ready for dead relative bars, imagine that being on prime time TV, I can't

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. Big Pun
4. MF Doom
5. Notorious BIG
6. Fred The Godson
Old 08-04-2017, 04:49 AM   #107
Water Mage

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
Quote:
I don't understand how these thoughts can occupy the same space. Or we're using words in ways I can't interpret. What's goin on here
I'm saying you are free to say whatever you want in battling, and whatever you say can be interpreted as an offensive play in the "game".. but people are also free to dislike what you choose to say and condemn you for it... Including thinking its fucked up that you resorted to a particular topic to try to make a point in a battle
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote