Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Promotion BODIED Trailer

Old 08-02-2017, 07:44 PM   #81
Toronto
rip bambam

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Toronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
can someone confirm what Eminem is really doing on this?

i love Em and he one the GOAT's but i dont like hearing that its Eminem's movie cuz he prob barely had anything to do with it.

I was watching Everyday Struggle and they were talking about it like its Eminem's movie
Old 08-02-2017, 08:45 PM   #82
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto View Post

i love Em and he one the GOAT's but i dont like hearing that its Eminem's movie cuz he prob barely had anything to do with it.

I was watching Everyday Struggle and they were talking about it like its Eminem's movie
Can't confirm but I would think Em's involvement in this was very minimal. At no point in filming was he even on set and he definitely had nothing to do with the script. Seems like he's just slapping his name on there to help with promotion and in exchange is being credited with being a producer and getting a cut of the profits.

Unfortunately not even Em will be able to save this movie.
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:14 PM   #83
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
Dope. As. Fuckkkkkkkk
The kiss of death for an already, corny film.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:04 PM   #84
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
it was on philip defrancos youtube show today and he liked it O.o
SpecialOh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:05 PM   #85
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
"its like battle rap but on steroids"

smh @ not knowing what cocaine is
SpecialOh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:57 PM   #86
corny

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
corny is a PY Poster
Quote:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5883570/...=tt_cl_sm#cast

imdb has Eminem listed as producer and I am almost certain his name wasn't always there..so definitely a promotion tactic
Old 08-03-2017, 01:15 AM   #87
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRon da Dong View Post
My understanding is that this was written by and loosely based on the experiences of Kid Twist (no bullshit)
I knew this as well, but reading your post I just laughed out loud.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:20 AM   #88
WALSH81189

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
WALSH81189 is not the worst person
i thought this looked good on first watch, just hate how people i work with who know jack shit about battle rap are like oh theres a new Eminem movie coming out about battle rap the trailer looks amazing lol. Kind of surprised that its getting this much hate on here. I agree with most people on here, Em probably had nothing to do with this at all.

So, this shit is not going to theaters...and at one point it was gonna be on netflix...what's the deal now?
WALSH81189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:26 AM   #89
Prelec
Battlerapper

Mentioned: 714 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Lol the trailer had like 150 views when I saw it shit caught on like a motherfucker, its everywhere even on Dutch (hiphop)news sites
Old 08-03-2017, 01:31 AM   #90
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Quote:
Originally Posted by corny View Post
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5883570/...=tt_cl_sm#cast

imdb has Eminem listed as producer and I am almost certain his name wasn't always there..so definitely a promotion tactic
I checked the day the trailer dropped and it wasn't there. Whatever it is, I think it's a good thing that he lent his name to it, but yeah he probably had like nothing to do with it.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:03 AM   #91
iamHBY

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
It looks like the trailer's getting a lot of media coverage.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:08 AM   #92
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
It looks like the trailer's getting a lot of media coverage.
Or it could be that the media coverage is just getting a lot of trailer.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:43 AM   #93
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by WALSH81189 View Post
So, this shit is not going to theaters...and at one point it was gonna be on netflix...what's the deal now?
from what people are saying i'm guessing they're shopping it right now

this has a 0% chance of getting actual widespread theater distribution

fun fact. i know nothin

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:28 AM   #94
everybody knows
kotrafd

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
everybody knows is better than Grind Time Australiaeverybody knows is better than Grind Time Australia
Super torn. First minute or so up til diz voiceover was awful but seeing homies/battlers in a movie quality trailer is undeniably fuckin dope. May Dre Dennis have mercy on my conflicted soul
everybody knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:39 AM   #95
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
from what people are saying i'm guessing they're shopping it right now

this has a 0% chance of getting actual widespread theater distribution

fun fact. i know nothin
The usual way it goes is that you go to the festivals in order to find a distributor. It has a fairly good chance of getting distributed if it is good... admittedly that is a very big if.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:41 AM   #96
The Wrist
my first name is The

The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
The usual way it goes is that you go to the festivals in order to find a distributor. It has a fairly good chance of getting distributed if it is good... admittedly that is a very big if.
i'm sure it'll get some sort of distribution, it just seems like a tough sell for a wide theater release to me....this is going on nothing but my gut of course...unless its really really good ..i dunno...it feels too niche, but again...i know nada

album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 08-03-2017, 11:30 AM   #97
pityposter
aka ekelon

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
pityposter User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
The kiss of death for an already, corny film.
If you truly hated the film trailer (after all...that's the only thing released so far) why have you made 5 posts in the trailer's thread?

Don't act like you won't be in the back of the theater with a 1 inch hole cut out on the bottom of your popcorn bucket tugging away
Old 08-03-2017, 02:42 PM   #98
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
The youtube comment section of this video is literally aids all these faggots think eminem wrote the bars for this movie smfh noobs
Old 08-03-2017, 05:38 PM   #99
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
If you truly hated the film trailer (after all...that's the only thing released so far) why have you made 5 posts in the trailer's thread?

Don't act like you won't be in the back of the theater with a 1 inch hole cut out on the bottom of your popcorn bucket tugging away
You haven't noticed? You that daft? Dense? If I don't like something, I make it known that I think it sucks.

Dead@ you thinking it will be in theaters here. No self-respecting outlet would show this trash.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:39 PM   #100
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Hitchslap tapes his face on MC Goggles. Wow. Brutality.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:18 PM   #101
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 829 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
"don't try to lie, berry, or you'll book it when i bag you, check out this card blah blah"
say it again
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:37 PM   #102
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
"don't try to lie, berry, or you'll book it when i bag you, check out this card blah blah"
talk that adult literacy shit
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:29 PM   #103
gordyacres

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
gordyacres is not the worst person
Quote:

from my understanding eminem came on board AFTER the film was completed, he appears to be a 'name only' producer, and in this case he's using the substantial fame / brand his name has in order to raise the awareness for the movie. 99% of the articles about this movie are about how "eminem's got a new film" which already is a great look for Bodied that it would not have otherwise had. hell this movie might not have been accepted to tiff without eminem's tag on it. this movie has zero stars/household names/actors with noteriety so eminem being attached is a great look for publicity and awareness, he did the film a HUGE favor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakneck View Post
He's not gonna come close to winning.

Edit: Vegas betting odds are historically very accurate and they have him at 14% compared to 50% for Hilary right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metazone View Post
bro if he wins I will go to my local shop, buy a video camera and publically say sorry to you on this forum and eric also. You have my word on that. :P
gordyacres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:40 PM   #104
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1545 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
if this is really an unofficial kid twist biopic thats just about the goddamn funniest thing ive ever heard

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
KBomb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:45 PM   #105
corny

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
corny is a PY Poster
I wouldn't be surprised if this movie doesn't do at the least medium well,
you'd have to imagine that a movie like this outside of battle fans is sorta truly unique compared to all the same trash that's been released the last decade

with that said if every battle fan watches this movie it will stand on its own because of the culture
Old 08-03-2017, 09:31 PM   #106
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 639 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
I know how the movie ends. The white boy beats disaster and got the crowd on his side.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:46 PM   #107
Sky2real

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
The youtube comment section of this video is literally aids all these faggots think eminem wrote the bars for this movie smfh noobs
Yea I noticed that lol
Old 08-04-2017, 07:51 AM   #108
ToddMargaret

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
ToddMargaret is not the worst person
haha reading diz twitter is super fun , he and his fans really thinks hes gonna take over hollywood with this one
ToddMargaret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:02 PM   #109
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Well, with it premiering at TIFF, that means they're probably shopping around for distribution, and might get one at the festival.
Sweet! Good job
Dizaster absolutely spazzed on this kid, does the whole movie have this much intensity?

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. Big Pun
4. MF Doom
5. Notorious BIG
6. Fred The Godson
Assassin Ben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:19 PM   #110
iamHBY

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin Ben View Post
Sweet! Good job
Dizaster absolutely spazzed on this kid, does the whole movie have this much intensity?
It gets pretty intense at times during the battles, but outside of the battles, it's a really funny movie.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:58 AM   #111
D Tibbs
Master

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
D Tibbs is not the worst person
If they try to use some SJW/PC angle for this movie as this trailer implies, it is going to be absolutely fucking terrible
D Tibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:18 AM   #112
The Wrist
my first name is The

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Tibbs View Post
If they try to use some SJW/PC angle for this movie as this trailer implies, it is going to be absolutely fucking terrible
i have the same concerns.

though if you're trying to make a movie for people who aren't already embedded into battle rap, and you want to make it authentic with the shock value stuff for lack of a better descriptor , and you wanna do this in 2017 ...it seems like an impossible angle to NOT address....which is part of the problem in making this in the first place.................

but again, i have no idea what i'm talkin about

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 08-08-2017, 11:33 AM   #113
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
i have the same concerns.

though if you're trying to make a movie for people who aren't already embedded into battle rap, and you want to make it authentic with the shock value stuff for lack of a better descriptor , and you wanna do this in 2017 ...it seems like an impossible angle to NOT address....which is part of the problem in making this in the first place.................

but again, i have no idea what i'm talkin about
you're right - you have to situate battle rap in wider culture and the anti-pc stuff is the only way to really do this, but then the danger is is that's all battle rap is made out to be and therefore it's all a big joke.

Last edited by Cuntoffs are Jumps; 08-08-2017 at 01:29 PM. Reason: what he said
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:48 PM   #114
KebertXela
after school pottery star

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
KebertXela is not the worst person
Did you all hear the news? This got picked up as Pitch Perfect 4 and will be released straight to home VHS.
KebertXela is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:58 PM   #115
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Looks horrible. Battle rap should stay underground... otherwise it's a joke

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cast, ekelon + lil ill have gay tension, ekelon addicted to losing, ekelon has first orgasm, ekelon throws cat, ekelon yells at grandma, hitchslap asks for dog jerky not popcorn, hitchslap cums ropes on screen, hitchslap faps to bodied movie poster, hitchslap notices movement in pants, hitchslap preordered movie tickets, hitchslap tapes his face on mc goggles, jizz on ekelon's sweater already