Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
WD7 confirmed for Toronto and LA

Old 08-15-2017, 06:12 PM   #1
Casual

Mentioned: 450 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
WD7 confirmed for Toronto and LA

Per Ganik.

Interested to see how this will work.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:17 PM   #2
bobbylight

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
bobbylight is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Per Ganik.

Interested to see how this will work.
Ganik said he took the idea from wrestlemania 2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_2
bobbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:21 PM   #3
Casual

Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbylight View Post
Ganik said he took the idea from wrestlemania 2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_2
Hmm.

I doubt they do it on the same day...I can see em doing a weekend. Saturday in Toronto, Sunday in LA or something? Someone mentioned bringing Bagnall out to film whatever one Avo won't be at (presumably Toronto). Guess that could work.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:22 PM   #4
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
hopefully this is KOTD's way of easing an eventual breakup by opening the relaionship and being able to fuck someone else.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:30 PM   #5
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
hopefully this is KOTD's way of easing an eventual breakup by opening the relaionship and being able to fuck someone else.
Yeah seems like they don't want to commit fully to ditching Toronto.

It's a start though.

I'm interested to see how they split the card up. If they do it completely by what makes most sense financially, then the Toronto card could end up being pretty shit. Doesn't make much sense to bring Americans up to Canada when you have a card going on there...
Old 08-15-2017, 08:09 PM   #6
erfworm

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Yeah seems like they don't want to commit fully to ditching Toronto.

It's a start though.

I'm interested to see how they split the card up. If they do it completely by what makes most sense financially, then the Toronto card could end up being pretty shit. Doesn't make much sense to bring Americans up to Canada when you have a card going on there...
Must be easier to get yanks from NY, Detroit, Chicago, Philli etc to Toronto than all the way over to LA though right?
erfworm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:21 PM   #7
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
Must be easier to get yanks from NY, Detroit, Chicago, Philli etc to Toronto than all the way over to LA though right?
Depends I guess.

A flight within the states is still gonna be cheaper than a flight to canada. Right now on google flights, a flight from NY to LA is 50 bucks cheaper than NY to TO. That doesn't even factor in the risks associated with customs and shit.

I guess it's a shorter flight for the battler though. And driving is always an option at that point...not sure how many guys who battles on WD type cards are still driving to battles these days tho.

I feel like Toronto is gonna have a lot of international (ie. outside of NA) guys and Canadians. The bulk of the Americans probably end up on the Cali half. I assume the title match is still in Canada.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:44 PM   #8
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
the best version of this will be if they do both at the same time ala Live Aid or WM2; if they do them one day this-one day that then it will be just the same as doing two separate events but thats just me

either way its gon be dope bcuz we don't have to hear any of dat "XYZ cant get into Canada" shit
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:48 PM   #9
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
the best version of this will be if they do both at the same time ala Live Aid or WM2; if they do them one day this-one day that then it will be just the same as doing two separate events but thats just me

either way its gon be dope bcuz we don't have to hear any of dat "XYZ cant get into Canada" shit
i think it would be cool i just dont know how it works...like how would the ppv work in that format?
Old 08-15-2017, 10:13 PM   #10
Neanderthol

Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
i think it would be cool i just dont know how it works...like how would the ppv work in that format?
I mean its US that it would be the easiest to satisfy
they just switch to the other feed/location of where the next battle or battles is happening; it could almost not be much different of an experience for the PPV viewer

Its the "in the building" crowd where an issue exists;
I picture them both doing 2 of their own lower card battles (that can all be watched on the VOD later if theyre showing the other ones) and KOTd will just have to decide which battles we see live

then do the mid to upper card switching back and forth and show the battle on screen at the opposite site; have Toronto and LA get a main event each

still stick to an 8 battle a day format where the have 2 days/20 battles total(instead of 16) with 2 opening low tier battles happening at each location simultaneously so only 5 live battles at each site and 3 via satellite/livestream
Old 08-15-2017, 11:56 PM   #11
Schwarzer_Negger

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Schwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time AustraliaSchwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time Australia
It sounds like if it was at the same time it'd be a sick PPV. Switching between LA and Toronto, minimal downtime between the battles etc, or even on demand you can watch whichever you want on the fly. Here's the rub though, who would actually go to the event when you could stay home with that sort of PPV ability? Maybe they are booking smaller venues and hoping the PPV numbers stack it up, which is a cool idea if so.
Schwarzer_Negger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:12 AM   #12
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
Its probably on different weekends tho
Old 08-16-2017, 02:02 AM   #13
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 344 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakneck View Post
Its probably on different weekends tho
i thought they were doing two days same weekend

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:08 AM   #14
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
We better get Bigg K vs Calicoe in LA
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:46 AM   #15
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
Man I'd love that but I feel like if they booked calicoe in Cali they'd give him Diz.

Who knows though.

I think Iron vs. Illmac or Saurus has to happen too.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:59 AM   #16
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
Holy shit, probably the only battle K would lose if Cal in top form but he has SM6 so I doubt it.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:00 AM   #17
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
If they get Iron V Saurus this would be redemption for all the shitty Toronto crowds from the events of Christmas past.

Plus Iron could redeem his shitty performance against Ars.
For Pete he would definitely switch to California time.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:40 AM   #18
ashleyann.86

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
ashleyann.86 is not the worst person
Separate weekends & kingfly said sometime near end of sept/early oct.
LA is gonna be dope tho.
ashleyann.86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:27 AM   #19
Neanderthol

totally separate weekends kinda blows it for me but I'm sure it will still be dope tho
Old 08-16-2017, 11:46 AM   #20
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Sumroc View Post
i thought they were doing two days same weekend
Two day events (one main, one GZ) in both cities I believe but I have been wrong before
Old 08-16-2017, 10:21 PM   #21
Marcus

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Bigg K will battle he said he has 2 locked in
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:21 PM   #22
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Word is October 14th is LA.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:05 PM   #23
Cabbagetown

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Cabbagetown is not the worst person
I like this idea, they should start doing their TO events in others cities.

Ironic that this would be the first chance for Bigg K to go for the chain (which is the most common fan suggestion for challenger by a mile) but just battled head ice AND literally just went on a rant on how he doesn't want it.
Cabbagetown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:09 PM   #24
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbagetown View Post
I like this idea, they should start doing their TO events in others cities.

Ironic that this would be the first chance for Bigg K to go for the chain (which is the most common fan suggestion for challenger by a mile) but just battled head ice AND literally just went on a rant on how he doesn't want it.
He also did an interview after Mass saying he did in fact want it though.

That said...even though they're doing WD outside Toronto, I doubt they'd do a title match. I wanna see K vs. Cal or Hollow at WD7...
Old 08-21-2017, 05:17 PM   #25
Cabbagetown

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Cabbagetown is not the worst person
fair. I dunno, it seems like holding a longstanding event outside of Canada is the first step to holding a title shot elsewhere, I would assume K is a small part of that. But after the Ice/Suge situation, I'd be surprised if K was willing to effectively stop battling to hold the chain, especially if he's in talk with Smack again.

I personally couldn't really care less if he goes for the title, as long as he gets a good battle at world dom (cal, hollow, tay, ave, gotti, fresco, but most of those won't happen).

That and as long as Illmac and Solomon go at it I'm happy.

Oh and because it's world dom, get Shox over...
Cabbagetown is offline   Reply With Quote