Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
what are y'alls thoughts on loaded lux vs jc?

Old 09-12-2017, 03:32 PM   #1
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
what are y'alls thoughts on loaded lux vs jc?

does anyone believe this would be a good battle?? imo this would be an easy W for lux and a smart move because he'd coast on this battle and its an easy way to prove to fans that he can hang with who a lot of ppl consider to be one of the notable newer(?) guys and a "top pen". j.c got mopped up by tay roc and k-shine and would have lost to them on any stage even if he had better bars than them. he has very creative haymakers but is still too long winded. despite how you feel about lux's material, which i'm not too high on, he is entertaining and has all the intangibles that justify his status and j.c would have to overcome that which he won't which is why he'll never beat a big name. j.c is like a mid tier gatekeeper at his best.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: hollow, bigg k, b-magic, conceited, tay roc
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:46 PM   #2
brodeezy

Mentioned: 627 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
wouldnt watch tbh

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE: WD7DAY2: https://m.twitch.tv/trappingoutthebandwidth

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:51 PM   #3
Casual

Mentioned: 450 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
im bout it. don't think it'd be amazing but still better than most battles.

kinda crazy if jc gets lux though lol. dude went from god tier after chilla, oversaturating himself leading to doing a c-league tour, somehow ends up back on the main stage, and now they talking about lux...
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:54 PM   #4
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2889 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
There's no story for Lux vs JC that makes it compelling to me. Lux is one of those final bosses saved for huge match ups, and all of his matches since coming back have been about that. Why does JC get a Lux match? He's not considered one of the greats, doesn't have a particularly unique character, is not historically significant in battle rap. He's a very good battle rapper, but there's just nothing that makes him vs Lux worthy of hype.

The match would struggle to pay for itself. Even if it ends up being even, or JC wins, I wouldn't care much. I'm not excited by it and I think that's how a lot of people feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:01 PM   #5
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
it's a no from me
Old 09-12-2017, 05:39 PM   #6
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
There's no story for Lux vs JC that makes it compelling to me. Lux is one of those final bosses saved for huge match ups, and all of his matches since coming back have been about that. Why does JC get a Lux match? He's not considered one of the greats, doesn't have a particularly unique character, is not historically significant in battle rap. He's a very good battle rapper, but there's just nothing that makes him vs Lux worthy of hype.

The match would struggle to pay for itself. Even if it ends up being even, or JC wins, I wouldn't care much. I'm not excited by it and I think that's how a lot of people feel.
I think lux feels JC is one of the few who could "rap" with him.... so why not show you can win with showmanship instead of out rapping JC

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:58 PM   #7
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
I would obviously love to see this I called it a couple months back and yes cuz they both in my top 5.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #8
Sky2real

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Didn't JC get bullied and 3-0'd by bigg k like 4 weeks ago? What's wrong with you people? Lux only battles legends. Norbes is retarded
Old 09-12-2017, 08:19 PM   #9
iamHBY

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

Even though I'm a fan of them both, this is how I feel about the prospect of the match.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:36 PM   #10
ICeeZeeI
Oliver ClothesOff

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
ICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time AustraliaICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time Australia
I dont understand why anyone would want a Lux battle. He sucks.
ICeeZeeI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:46 PM   #11
gohannnh

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
gohannnh is not the worst person
Jc pen good enuff but the battle will end up being borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrringggggggggggggggg, both got preachy voices, lux needs a different style oponent to balance it out, thas why the one vs cal and one vs hollow was so good
gohannnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:45 PM   #12
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICeeZeeI View Post
I dont understand why anyone would want a Lux battle. He sucks.
lol i'd think one might want EXPOSURE

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:19 PM   #13
erfworm

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
Lux is overrated as fuck honestly, his old Lionz Den battles are good but Calicoe, Hollow, Arsonal, Mook all bored me, somehow hes got people to see him on to this god-tier level. Lux vs. Arsonal was two huge names, Ars retiring, loads of marketing and word on the street less than 200 people showed up?

JCs good but see no reason why anyone would want to watch him vs Lux battle of the drawwwwn out wordplay

Everyone calls out Lux and Mook for the pay check, those two have somehow got themselves onto this next echelon where people talking about $50k for a battle or whatever other dumb amounts - but lets say they do actually hype up for a $25k battle, their opponent might then realistically ask for $10k and every motha fucka right now is chasing that $10k battle - cant knock that tho, id be chasing it too.
erfworm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:27 PM   #14
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
I mean.....I'd watch it

But if Lux is willing to go down a tier, there are battles that would be more fun.
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:41 PM   #15
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
it sounds like an absolute classic to me
people are weirdos

I mean we just pretended like anyone on earth asked for Lux vs Ars but now we gon shit on perfect match-ups (style-wise)?
I don't necessarily see the quick rise of the match and I would prefer Lux see people he has something against but still as far as who are the real "best" out there, JC, along wit K, is pretty much top of the food chain

this was always on a short list with Ored vs Bigg K for some of the last really good ideas left, just didn't think it would actually happen
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:44 PM   #16
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE
No unless it's a old skool dance off
Old 09-12-2017, 11:48 PM   #17
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Mirror matches can sometimes be great (Mac, Saurus/Pat, Hollohan). This would end up being a battle that you'd have to listen to carefully to catch everything and those can be tough to market.

My problem with this is simply that JC lacks everything except the writing. As a result, Lux would be encouraged uo come in a weird costume and perform...
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:12 AM   #18
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1452 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
it sounds like an absolute classic to me
people are weirdos

I mean we just pretended like anyone on earth asked for Lux vs Ars but now we gon shit on perfect match-ups (style-wise)?
Lux vs Ars was literally set up via a poll

you picked out one of the only battles that was overtly asked for
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:02 AM   #19
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
If Lux gonna get off his high horse like that i'd rather see him vs Illmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:48 AM   #20
Metazone
(⌐■_■)=/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Metazone is better than Grind Time AustraliaMetazone is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
I mean.....I'd watch it

But if Lux is willing to go down a tier, there are battles that would be more fun.
This pretty much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
I was hungry after the event and had no idea where to go for food and strongly considered just following big t knowing he would lead me to the promised land
Metazone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:31 PM   #21
Profess

Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

The match would struggle to pay for itself.
Funny you say that.. I was just thinking there must be a sponsor for this.
Profess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:00 PM   #22
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
It's like some of you never seen a jc battle before. What are you clowns even talking about?
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:40 PM   #23
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
Lux vs Ars was literally set up via a poll

you picked out one of the only battles that was overtly asked for
besides the claims that they rigged the poll that was supposedly leading Mook, Ars giving a list to choose from and people choosing from those choices doesn't necessarily equate to people actually wanting a battle

I mean all I heard was ppl saying they could care less, the event had a bad turnout, etc.. but w/e
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:44 AM   #24
Ness Lee
VIP

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
Too many fucking weird ass rules. They both nice, they both want it, JC deserves it, set it up.
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:07 AM   #25
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness Lee View Post
Too many fucking weird ass rules. They both nice, they both want it, JC deserves it, set it up.
Thank you. Btw, saw the rapgrid recap where y'all said JC 3-0'd Nitty, I gotta say 2-1 and Nitty's bars were there man you might wanna rewatch.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:05 AM   #26
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy probably likes in here/hair word play
Absolutely not. No. Just, there is no reason whatsover that this might be good. And no, Ness, two good rappers doesn't make a good battle by a long shot. JC also isn't close to deserving Lux if we're talking politics.
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:15 PM   #27
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Funny you say that.. I was just thinking there must be a sponsor for this.
...... premium cigarellos hand rolled in Honduras dipped in the finest cognac smmmrrrrrackkkkk
Old 09-14-2017, 03:28 PM   #28
Sky2real

Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness Lee View Post
Jc does not deserve Lux any more than Chilla Jones deserves Lux.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:34 PM   #29
Sky2real

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach View Post
It's like some of you never seen a jc battle before. What are you clowns even talking about?
The man has been bodied numerous times and puts people to sleep every battle. He's done nothing original in the world of battle rap...which is fine...but it means he isn't worthy of battling one of battle rap's staples.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:58 PM   #30
SBOfficial
RUOfficial?

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
SBOfficial is not the worst person
This battle would be dope as fuck.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:50 PM   #31
Profess

Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
People saying mirror matches aren't good, but I get excited for punchline king matches
Profess is offline   Reply With Quote