Battle #BOTZ8 - Fredo vs. Copywrite

View Poll Results: Who won?
Fredo 15 75.00%
Copywrite 5 25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2017, 03:15 PM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
#BOTZ8 - Fredo vs. Copywrite

iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:17 PM   #2
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This was really good

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 06:08 PM   #3
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
i'ma be honest i don't really have an idea of who Copywrite is. i've gathered from the last few years of him kind of appearing on the battle scene that he's some kind of old underground dude but that's about it.

he was kinda bad in every battle i had seen him in. this was better. he still has a swag somewhere between boring and unlikable, but at least he had some lines someone might care about and he rapped them decently. imo he over-rhymes a lot though to where the scheme doesn't seem to be going anywhere and i lose interest waiting for a payoff that never comes.

Fredo 3-0 but i think that goes without saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:16 PM   #4
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Top 10 battle this year.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:51 AM   #5
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Diary View Post
i'ma be honest i don't really have an idea of who Copywrite is. i've gathered from the last few years of him kind of appearing on the battle scene that he's some kind of old underground dude but that's about it.
Copy was like THE guy... in the mid-00s. He was on a lot of important tracks and (supposedly) wrote a lot of underground songs. Like a lot of ghost writers, he just isn't all that exciting on the mic.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.

Last edited by Emancee; 09-02-2017 at 01:57 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:42 AM   #6
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Copy was like THE guy... in the mid-00s. He was on a lot of important tracks and (supposedly) wrote a lot of underground songs. Like a lot of ghost writers, he just isn't all that exciting on the mic.
yea he was as known as any underground rap fella in even the early 2000s...maybe more so....his first album with EC dropped in 02 and I remember it being highly anticipated and pushed back a long time or somethin...but i could be imagining it weird....i was a big fan at some point...

he also had an infamous scribble jam incident

this was my shit as a 22 year old lunatic

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:50 PM   #7
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Copywrite had a great buzz like 15 years ago, to tell you the truth, he ain't bad now, he has some hella creative punches. He thinks outside of the box; I'd like to see more of him.

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. Big Pun
4. MF Doom
5. Notorious BIG
6. Fred The Godson
Assassin Ben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:07 AM   #8
el gordo
part time head turner..

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
el gordo is not the worst person
Watch his verse on this...!! And watch roscoe and flii too, fools dope.

w/e
el gordo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:10 AM   #9
el gordo
part time head turner..

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
el gordo is not the worst person
Kronic plague was in this contest too
"You known for a wake up show ? Wake up bro"
-qp

w/e
el gordo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 04:21 AM   #10
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Sticky this bruh

Rip ux9
Old 09-03-2017, 04:24 AM   #11
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
Fredo is so good man
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:31 AM   #12
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 829 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Copy made pbe therefore he's a top 2 artist of all time
mdk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 04:28 PM   #13
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 344 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Copy was a def a big name during the Anticon/Def Jux/Rhymesayers days..specially during the Demigodz/Weathermen beef. He also famously got beat up by Camu Tao & Icon The Mic King(@ Scribble Jam). Anybody remember Copywritefights.com ???

I thought this was a really good battle. Fredo took it imo but Copy had a really dope performance. Ive enjoyed his battles hes definitely getting better. BOTZ one of my fav leagues right now

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 05:48 PM   #14
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
The rulers back like the blank side of a measurement stick hmmmmm lets go

Last edited by youdontwannabethatguy; 09-03-2017 at 09:45 PM.
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:25 PM   #15
Joykiller

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Joykiller is a PY Poster
I still remember when Copywrite battled that dude at the Roc The Mic tour and supposedly the winner was supposed to get a deal with Rocafella.

Obviously it never happened, but either way he caught a body in front of Jay-Z so kudos to him.
Joykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:20 AM   #16
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykiller View Post
I still remember when Copywrite battled that dude at the Roc The Mic tour and supposedly the winner was supposed to get a deal with Rocafella.

Obviously it never happened, but either way he caught a body in front of Jay-Z so kudos to him.
Damn I never heard about this who did he battle?

BATTLE ADDICT

-YOUTUBE-
Old 09-05-2017, 02:08 AM   #17
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

I wanna give fredo this sticky no homo!!!!!

Rip ux9
Old 09-05-2017, 04:03 PM   #18
Devilmatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Devilmatic is not the worst person
Copywrite has lost every battle and fight that has ever been filmed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Brigante View Post
Appreciate the concern. I didn't get raped btw lol
Devilmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:47 PM   #19
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
lost my marbles at 6, fuck swallowin my nut, i make bitches gargle my piss

copy was awesome bitd. don't listen to rap these days so idk what he's up to but high exalted is dope and his old weatherman EC shit is great

iirc it was camus blood, not copys, cuz copy had brass knuckles on. he def got put down by icon the mic king tho.

he won that roc a fella shit and was supposed to sign but nothing came of it and i never saw any footage. i think it was called roc a mic or some shit.

also he had a later buzz around that time from going on wake up show and shit. the cruise control mixtape still has some heat

check copywrite - twist it

gave a flirty bitch a 30 inch pearl necklace, said girl check this, i lied when i said i was signed but life's a bitch and the world's sexist
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:02 AM   #20
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
iirc it was camus blood, not copys, cuz copy had brass knuckles on. he def got put down by icon the mic king tho.
Yeah, the story was that Copy used brass knuckles, but didn't know how to use them. He posted up pictures and people were pointing out that he'd dislocated one of his fingers using them, lol.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:21 AM   #21
The Wrist
my first name is The

The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
Copy made pbe therefore he's a top 2 artist of all time
this is a great point and i totally forgot about that its been so long. sheesh

album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 09-06-2017, 04:28 AM   #22
The Wrist
my first name is The

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Sumroc View Post
famously got beat up by Camu Tao & Icon The Mic King(@ Scribble Jam).
i witnessed the scribble fight brew and develop but missed the actual fight. was mad.

one of my fondest memories is a very drunken Copywrite waddling up to PH's merch table which I was sitting at with him, to tell PH he was thinking of stepping to Icon because Icon had made a remark whilst hosting the prelim battle. Maybe 30-45 minutes later ( I was mostly drunk at scribble , this number could be completely wrong. ) PH runs up on me wherever I was standing in the back laughing that Icon just knocked out Copywrite and told me and whoever I was standing with the story. Miss that guy.

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 09-06-2017, 04:30 AM   #23
The Wrist
my first name is The

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post

he won that roc a fella shit and was supposed to sign but nothing came of it and i never saw any footage. i think it was called roc a mic or some shit.
that sounds right

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 09-06-2017, 04:32 AM   #24
The Wrist
my first name is The

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Yeah, the story was that Copy used brass knuckles, but didn't know how to use them. He posted up pictures and people were pointing out that he'd dislocated one of his fingers using them, lol.
after Copy was punched down by Icon, Mr.Dibbs (one of the main guys behind scribblejam for the unaware, also used to DJ for Atmosphere on tour for quite a while...ANYWAY) walked up to Copy and asked if he was OK and Copy was like ughh get off me and being a general dick or somethin', and Dibbs told him he was banned from Scribblejam forever and as Copy left cussin' out Dibbs he just kept yelling "Two words! CAMU TAO!"

thats how it was told to me anyway. weeeeeee. memories of when i saw and did cool stuff

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 09-06-2017, 03:03 PM   #25
magik

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
magik is a PY Poster
Copy was a complete mess back then, which is hardly an unknown fact. Messing with all sorts of pills and other shit.

Life & Times of Peter Nelson is a real solid album doe.

Last edited by magik; 09-06-2017 at 03:06 PM.
magik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:07 PM   #26
magik

magik is a PY Poster

rj still underrated as fuck.
magik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:37 PM   #27
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykiller View Post

There was actually a radio station showcase in Columbus where acts competed for a possibility to open up the Rock the Mic show and a chance at a Rocafella deal
The showcase ended in a tie so it was said that they two finalists would battle between 50's and Jay's sets for the deal
He battled a cat named Skyscraper; I was there-he definitely bodied him

Aparently they had similar contests and battles in other cities (Mac Lethal won one too I believe)
so obviously the Roc deal wasn't really gonna go down (I think they got Roc jackets)
BUT in the case of Copy, as a result of this he began to be managed by Jay Z's cousin Bee High for years

One of my favorite stories surrounding this event was that Just Blaze came up to Copy during the show at some point and discussed being a fan from those old WM/Mhzsite days as a youngin and even quoted a couple lines from the High Exhaulted (very credible source)

Regarding recent work:
regardless of these battles and the stuff rehashed ITT from the day, pretty much everything Copy has dropped in recent years has been fire
Life and Times of Peter Nelson was very dope-showed great growth and diversity in subject matter, while maintaining his lyrical status
God Save the King, which he did while in a pretty big Christian stage, is really good- doesn't take the religious shit too far and again stays on his shit spitting; also features some great guests
The MHZ-Legacy album is just fucking dope, nothing more can be said about it
Cpywrite and Surock-Murderland was a tight little project with a "choose your own adventure" theme
and the recent Bloodbath and Beyond is Fire asf, he expands the parameters even more with a few flirtations into other genres, yet still brings that which he is known for

Say what you want about the man (and he has owned pretty much all of the things people bring up,) but he is nothing if not consistent

Last edited by Neanderthol; 09-06-2017 at 11:39 PM.
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:09 AM   #28
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

man this battle fire af mad replay value imo

BATTLE ADDICT

-YOUTUBE-
Old 09-07-2017, 07:30 PM   #29
cooldoctormoney

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
cooldoctormoney is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
The rulers back like the blank side of a measurement stick hmmmmm lets go
that was such a wack bar dude
cooldoctormoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:04 AM   #30
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldoctormoney View Post
i liked it (shrugs)
Old 09-10-2017, 03:28 AM   #31
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 829 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldoctormoney View Post
Yea yikes
mdk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:20 PM   #32
track 1

track 1 is not the worst person
lush ruined the battle for me with his stupid antics throughout the battle.
track 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:05 PM   #33
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
also Fredo's style is really dope but aren't some of his setups a little forced?
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:51 AM   #34
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuntoffs are Jumps View Post
also Fredo's style is really dope but aren't some of his setups a little forced?
Yeah, Fredo is far from perfect. He has some strange set ups and even punches on occasions. Dope, but he has some work to do before escaping the mid tier.

I actually slightly prefer Copy's style (His 2nd was really good in places) and if Copy stays at it he could go further in this than Fredo IMO... but he didn't win this.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:07 AM   #35
The Wrist
my first name is The

i too enjoy the ruler line

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 09-12-2017, 06:10 AM   #36
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
i too enjoy the ruler line
i thought the ruler line was fire tbh

BATTLE ADDICT

-YOUTUBE-
Old 09-14-2017, 10:04 PM   #37
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Good battle! My primary complaint:

* Lush One really needs to shut up during rappers' rounds. It adds zero entertainment value, and pure distraction.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:06 AM   #38
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1452 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokab206 View Post
Top 10 battle this year.
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:10 AM   #39
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1452 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
"Copywrite was pretty good in this!"

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #40
Castor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Castor is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
"Copywrite was pretty good in this!"

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Top 10 closing lines to a novel
Castor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
botz8