Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
diz vs dumb = 2 min rounds

Old 07-17-2015, 10:32 PM   #41
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganikHipHop View Post
And yes, I am a firm believer that somebody should watch a battle and want to see more of the artists when it is done. Not see so much of them that theyre sick of them and dont care whats coming next from them next. Intrigue ppl to build brands and make them want more. 2 Mins is a great length of time for a round.
Speak this powerful truth.

But while we have your attention, are you going to hold any event in America to allow Hollow to perform?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:16 PM   #42
NotATroll

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
NotATroll is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
i find that extremely hard to believe there's never been a classic battle that has 2 min rounds.

irons 1st vs math is 2 min, smack calls time
verbs verse vs SB is around 2 min
isn't all of hollow vs pass under 2 min
pesci vs mischief and tantrum under 2 min
i want to say even illmac vs thesaurus was around 2 min

i dunno about you but i hate watching long battles, if a battles 45 min i'll often watch 1 round if that. if its 15-20 i might peep the whole thing.
your examples are from back then though

imagine clips vs hollow 2 min rounds smfh

i guess since dumb vs diz isnt a battle with crazy anticipation the 2 min rounds wont hurt

im not a fan of grind time type battles sorry. to each their own
NotATroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:18 PM   #43
NotATroll

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
NotATroll is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganikHipHop View Post
And yes, I am a firm believer that somebody should watch a battle and want to see more of the artists when it is done. Not see so much of them that theyre sick of them and dont care whats coming next from them next. Intrigue ppl to build brands and make them want more. 2 Mins is a great length of time for a round.
i disagree if your with the short round style then stick to it its your choice
NotATroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 01:03 AM   #44
Ampersand

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Ampersand is not the worst person
I guess it's a matter of preference . I thought QP vs Remy D was one of the best battles in recent history and that was 90 second rounds .

* Edit QP Vs QP is short rounds too .

Last edited by Ampersand; 07-18-2015 at 01:24 AM.
Ampersand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 01:31 AM   #45
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Idk, I thought this was an important, main event type battle, not just some guys whose profiles they're trying to build. I mean, title matches are normally more than 3+ mins, and a bunch of random other battles are too. I guess one benefit of a shorter battle is that it seems less expensive. The names will sell the ppv, not the round time limits. In that sense, I guess more content doesn't seem like the smartest business decision.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6000gp drunk again, more shitty 6000gp opinions, no one cares about what you're doing 6gp