Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Should Geechi Gotti stay loyal to the Fresh Coast

Old 10-18-2018, 09:12 PM   #1
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Should Geechi Gotti stay loyal to the Fresh Coast

The DBD show podcast that takes place in the RYD studio shows the elder statesmen in the game: Diz, Avo and DBD giving advice to and praising Geechi Gotti.

TBH, Diz was giving some great advice like warning GG not to waste his best bars on no names.

Diz also states that the logical career progression for the battle rapper is acting, not industry music.

Anyway, there is a funny moment where Dan "catches himself" praising GG to hard.. borderline dick riding.

What does rmbva think about the west vs Jersey 5 on 5 card?

But it seems like Avo, Diz, and DBD really want to help GG. I think GG is a boty candidate.

What does rmbva think about GG away loss to A Ward?
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:50 PM   #2
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
Geechi is talented af, plain and simple. I also think his likability really helps him as well. Seeing him on Watch really sheds light on how chill he really is. He is most likely boty imo, only one close is Pat depending on how his battle woth Roc goes. Even in his loss to A Ward Geechi had some fire. A Ward just came 100% at home. Long story short Geechi is definitely a breath of fresh air, and why wouldnt he stay loyal to the fresh coast? Its where hes from and lives.
steveelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:01 PM   #3
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
I think Dizaster's advice re: battling A-Ward in Idaho or wherever being a bad idea was pretty sound + that whole stuff about how eventually you'll be set up to fall if you're always battling away seems pretty sound too. Reminds me of Bill Collector saying about his intro vs. Dot's
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:04 PM   #4
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Geechi is authentic people can see it... that soung blue skies is actually THAT good. Lets see what else...
Ahhh geechi needs to battle less often to keep his stock high.

As for dbd he just getting weirder and weirder the last few years it pains me to see

Diz talked about himself for multiple 5-10 minute periods and refused to be interrupted hahah hes insane

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:04 PM   #5
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Diz offering career advice is a weird thing to see. Don't battle A Ward in Idaho, but do get zipped up by a German no-name at a music festival?!?
Michael Vick/ dogs bars
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Any reference to a movie where you state exactly what happened in that movie without changing it
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:09 PM   #6
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
yeah but losing to foreign no names doesn't really harm your rep especially when people go ape shit just to see you out in whatever place. people wanted to see Geechi Ward and will check for it, shame it didn't go down on KOTD, URL or even BOTZ.

context is everything or something.

Last edited by Cuntoffs are Jumps; 10-18-2018 at 11:10 PM. Reason: expanzion
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:20 AM   #7
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Geechi is the best thing to happen to battle rap in a long time.

imo he's established himself now and should chill a bit to prevent oversaturation. get the big battles that make sense like Cal on a NOME/SM.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:06 AM   #8
clapburn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
clapburn probably likes in here/hair word play
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post

imo he's established himself now and should chill a bit to prevent oversaturation. get the big battles that make sense like Cal on a NOME/SM.
this.
clapburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:29 AM   #9
gordyacres

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
gordyacres is not the worst person
geechi should stick with avocado and RYD IMO, they both benefit tremendously, geechi with the exposure/battles/watch/music videos and avo having his muse be the up-and-coming mega star in battle rap to work with is good looks all around. they can build a huge brand together, mook and smack style, RYD is gonna be big one day just wait. still don't know why RYD doesn't just do a go fund me for a rap battle event, ask two headliners what they want, like diz vs twork, then just crowd fund it, seems simple to me --- but i don't know shit
gordyacres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:35 PM   #10
Profess

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveelite View Post
Geechi is talented af, plain and simple. I also think his likability really helps him as well. Seeing him on Watch really sheds light on how chill he really is. He is most likely boty imo, only one close is Pat depending on how his battle woth Roc goes. Even in his loss to A Ward Geechi had some fire. A Ward just came 100% at home. Long story short Geechi is definitely a breath of fresh air, and why wouldnt he stay loyal to the fresh coast? Its where hes from and lives.
Was it just Ward's effort, or did him "preaching to the choir" aka home town gas play a part in his victory?
Old 10-21-2018, 06:36 PM   #11
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuntoffs are Jumps View Post
I think Dizaster's advice re: battling A-Ward in Idaho or wherever being a bad idea was pretty sound + that whole stuff about how eventually you'll be set up to fall if you're always battling away seems pretty sound too. Reminds me of Bill Collector saying about his intro vs. Dot's
Tell me more about the Bill Collector intro..
Old 10-21-2018, 06:39 PM   #12
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
Geechi is authentic people can see it... that soung blue skies is actually THAT good. Lets see what else...
Ahhh geechi needs to battle less often to keep his stock high.

As for dbd he just getting weirder and weirder the last few years it pains me to see

Diz talked about himself for multiple 5-10 minute periods and refused to be interrupted hahah hes insane
Blue Sky's does sound good. So do a few other songs on the mixtape. I need to cop that. And speaking of DBD, it would be funny if the fans go to choose the title of his track. I'd like to see Dan rap to a song called "chicken arms" guy really needs to get in the weight room. I'm sure it would help his Sk8 boarding.
We all know someone that talks about them self too much at times like Diz does here. I'm happy for Diz.. he's got a feature movie and he helped put others on.

Last edited by Profess; 10-21-2018 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:44 PM   #13
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Diz offering career advice is a weird thing to see. Don't battle A Ward in Idaho, but do get zipped up by a German no-name at a music festival?!?
"career advice" with Diz would be a good podcast. And on the plus side it could be in monologue format.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:47 PM   #14
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuntoffs are Jumps View Post
yeah but losing to foreign no names doesn't really harm your rep especially when people go ape shit just to see you out in whatever place. people wanted to see Geechi Ward and will check for it, shame it didn't go down on KOTD, URL or even BOTZ.

context is everything or something.
You make a good point. Maybe comparing the Ward battle to his foriegn battle isn't apples to apples..
Old 10-21-2018, 06:48 PM   #15
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordyacres View Post
geechi should stick with avocado and RYD IMO, they both benefit tremendously, geechi with the exposure/battles/watch/music videos and avo having his muse be the up-and-coming mega star in battle rap to work with is good looks all around. they can build a huge brand together, mook and smack style, RYD is gonna be big one day just wait. still don't know why RYD doesn't just do a go fund me for a rap battle event, ask two headliners what they want, like diz vs twork, then just crowd fund it, seems simple to me --- but i don't know shit
Agreed. Tell me more about this go fund me idea.. has it been done before?
Old 10-21-2018, 06:49 PM   #16
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post

Agreed, him vs Cal would be nice. I've been hearing Surf's name thrown around too.