Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Original Content Smack/URL Ultimate Madness Week 3 Faceoffs

Old 06-13-2020, 02:48 AM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Smack/URL Ultimate Madness Week 3 Faceoffs

Jey The Nitewing vs. Lu Castro

Fonz vs. Eazy The Block Captain

Your Honor vs. Ru Bando

Brooklyn Hanz vs. Ace Amin
iamHBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 05:13 PM   #2
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
I dunno much about Lu Castro aside from that he's an associate of Nu Jerzey Twork, watch for an upset with the judges picking him over Jey
Feral Linguist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 08:09 PM   #3
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
I dunno much about Lu Castro aside from that he's an associate of Nu Jerzey Twork, watch for an upset with the judges picking him over Jey
I wouldn't be surprised if Lu Castro or Ru Bando pull off an upset and advance in the tournament.
Old 06-13-2020, 10:21 PM   #4
iamHBY

Welp, today for the tournament, Fonz, Ru Bando, Ace Amin and Jey The Nitewing all advanced to the seminfinals. Also, Daylyt vs. Tay Roc got announced for NOME X.
Old 06-14-2020, 12:22 AM   #5
Emancee

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Welp, today for the tournament, Fonz, Ru Bando, Ace Amin and Jey The Nitewing all advanced to the seminfinals. Also, Daylyt vs. Tay Roc got announced for NOME X.
I was enjoying Your Honor. Will be interesting to see if I agree with that one.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 04:50 AM   #6
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
I was enjoying Your Honor. Will be interesting to see if I agree with that one.
He had a little stumble in the 2nd, I think that round could've gone either way. But then he completely forgot his 3rd and just started freestyling. I think he's the only person I picked for this weekend who didn't win the judge's decision. Also, I have some critiques for the battlers before the semi-finals.

Regarding Fonz, I think he's one of the most standout battlers in the tournament, he's a great puncher. It seemed like he attempted an angle against Eazy The Block Captain, going forward in the tournament, I'd be interested in seeing him mix in more angles or style breakdowns with his punches. Regarding Jey The Nitewing, I think he's done a great job of establishing himself as a commanding presence, he's definitely a very creative writer. I wouldn't mind seeing him incorporate his deadpan sense of humor from Twitter into his next battle, that could be good.

Regarding Ace Amin, I think he's got some clever punches and he has that something that makes you want to keep watching him perform. That said, I want to see him have a bit of a cleaner delivery in his next battle, because when he's not stumbling, he's very intriguing to watch. Finally, regarding Ru Bando, I think he's got some solid name flips and some respectable punches. However, I do want to see him step it up a little bit when it comes to maybe doing some kind of angle or breakdown of his opponent, and having more variety in his delivery.

I'm definitely looking forward to the Ultimate Madness semi-finals in 2 weeks, Fonz vs. Ace Amin and Jey The Nitewing vs. Ru Bando will make for interesting battles, and I'm hoping that whoever makes it to the finals at NOME X takes advantage of the opportunity.
Old 06-14-2020, 01:50 PM   #7
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
I'm hoping that whoever makes it to the finals at NOME X takes advantage of the opportunity.
finals at NOME X? does that mean it'll be in front of a full NOME crowd? if so, that'd be a tough challenge for Jey because i dont think he's ever been in front of many people

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. surf
5. Calicoe
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 05:12 PM   #8
iamHBY

To my understanding, NOME X is gonna be in a small room in Los Angeles.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:31 PM   #9
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
To my understanding, NOME X is gonna be in a small room in Los Angeles.
oh, daylyt will do fine then

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. surf
5. Calicoe
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 07:56 PM   #10
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
thanks @iamHBY your updates are always noticed

definitely bummed to hear Your Honor got the boot
Feral Linguist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:50 PM   #11
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
thanks @iamHBY your updates are always noticed

definitely bummed to hear Your Honor got the boot
No problem, glad to assist. For Your Honor vs. Ru Bando, I gave Your Honor the 1st clearly, the 2nd was pretty close, but Your Honor forgetting his 3rd and trying to freestyle out of a choke I think is what led to the judges giving the battle to Ru Bando. I think Your Honor definitely has a lot of fans that want to see him get some names because of him being such an interesting personality, and I hope he does. Funny thing is, Ru Bando's first line in this battle was "The fans said my last battle was garbage as shit," and there's a lot of fans who are getting on Ru Bando for essentially failing upwards in this tournament.