Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives > The Vault
UDUBB NETWORK Presents ANNIHILATION: Charron vs B Magic


View Poll Results: Who won?
Charron 37 33.94%
B Magic 72 66.06%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2014, 07:30 AM   #81
barz2AM
NawmSayin
 
barz2AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pilipinas
Posts: 1,287
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
barz2AM is a PY Poster
Close battle imo, B-Magic.

__________________
THREAD HYPEMAN
barz2AM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:37 AM   #82
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice
 
azhotazice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,165
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Magic easy - two word review
__________________
Only fair to warn I was born with a set of horns
azhotazice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:51 AM   #83
The Kang
99percent resembleMadIllz
 
The Kang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,536
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This will be a hotly debated battle like Magics vs Real Deal....I have Charron winning 2-1 but could see it going the other way too easily
__________________
The King Of Tennessee
"Flags get hung in the balance to show my dominance"-O Solo

Current Bottom 15 active battlers

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
The Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:29 AM   #84
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,769
Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Charron really had a bar that was like 'reach out like a branch then leave'

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
People like Dizaster ruin battle rap...
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:40 AM   #85
Sandwiches
Registered User
 
Sandwiches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 653
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Sandwiches is a PY Poster
Voted Magic, will watch after work.
__________________
Hoodie on backwards,
With the eyes cut out.
Sandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:36 AM   #86
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper
 
Nick Vayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,777
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
Charron was really hit or mis, I cringed a few times but he hit a couple of good ones

I have him edging on the first watch
Nick Vayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:47 AM   #87
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 3,108
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
"i give his ab sole like TDE"

oh god come on corny Charron you can do better than that
__________________
Marinated Ventilator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #88
Casual
Registered User
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,650
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kang View Post
This will be a hotly debated battle like Magics vs Real Deal....I have Charron winning 2-1 but could see it going the other way too easily
I doubt it's debated much. First I disagree that it was close, and second the battle just isn't that good as a whole whereas bmagic real deal was. Battle will be forgotten in a month.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #89
Casual
Registered User
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,650
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Diary View Post
"i give his ab sole like TDE"

oh god come on corny Charron you can do better than that
I was waiting for him to use Ks DVD/DDT after that.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:21 PM   #90
Casual
Registered User
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,650
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
Charron really had a bar that was like 'reach out like a branch then leave'

Yeah but did you hear his shaving scheme???? That shit was dope for one one who's never had to shave!
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:35 PM   #91
MrMumbles905
Repping East905
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,389
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Battle good neither was at there best
I gotta give it to Willy he did put me on to Magic I wasn’t really checking allot of the PG URL dudes but he kept going on about him so I checked him. Magic is one of the few URL type dudes that I really like He does the gun bars but he’s much more clever than the average gun bar rapper



People talking about Charron using stuff before but ignore Magics the iron man bar the jungle book line he’s used stuff before.

I like that Magic shows appreciation to bars he thinks is nice. I always like that about battlers

This battle was hard to judge Charron def didn't kill him. I think Charron had much more highlights than B magic but I also think he had more low points than B Magic
I say this will be a good battle battle preference as I think Magic took 1st Charron took 2nd 3rd was really close and could go either way I edged to Charron I think off the strength of the rebuttals he brought to the battle, but I could see how someone give it to Magic especially if you prefer his style


I can say can’t hate any decision unless you are a clown saying so and so got killed and stuff like that is just stupid. U dub put together a good battle
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:55 PM   #92
baldjewishman
Jewish Dilemma = Free Ham
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,267
Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
baldjewishman is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbylight View Post
telus is only a phone carrier in canada...that line would have been hot in toronto, not in newark.
Yeah...I was wondering wtf was up with that line....

All in all...

Charron seemed like he lost 0.0000000001 percent of his awkwardness in this battle. Maybe it was just because he was battling a black person.

That being said....

Magic took this.
__________________
The Descent Into Hell is Always Gradual
baldjewishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #93
Casual
Registered User
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,650
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
question for people saying "i thought it was close and edged it to charron".

i'd agree that they both came with mainly throwaways, and even though i disagree that their writing was close, i can somewhat see that perspective. that being said, when you proceed to say i edged it to charron are you strictly saying this based on writing the bars down on paper and pretending they were rapped at an equal level? ie. are we no longer considering rapping an important element of a rap battle?
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:33 PM   #94
VAallDAY
Registered User
 
VAallDAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: 122 SOUTH GUNS DREW HILL
Posts: 5,415
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Magic won and he was goin light

charron was ite tho

but he doesnt even know how to flip someone off
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:42 PM   #95
MrMumbles905
Repping East905
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,389
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
question for people saying "i thought it was close and edged it to charron".

i'd agree that they both came with mainly throwaways, and even though i disagree that their writing was close, i can somewhat see that perspective. that being said, when you proceed to say i edged it to charron are you strictly saying this based on writing the bars down on paper and pretending they were rapped at an equal level? ie. are we no longer considering rapping an important element of a rap battle?
I think Charrons writing was better than Magics writing I think Magics rapping was better than Charrons rapping. I edge it to Charron based on that. Plus Charron showed some very good aspects of rapping with different patterns and what not. Plus the freestyling I rate that more than other people do. Charron brought more to the table and simply having better delivery is not enough to overcome all that.

Plus I feel lately people use the so and so "rapping" better when they can't say nothing "rapping" is not an element in itsef What part of the "rapping" was better. Saying so and so "rapped" better is such a generic term that if you actually had everyone define what they mean I bet it's not always the same thing.
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:42 PM   #96
VAallDAY
Registered User
 
VAallDAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: 122 SOUTH GUNS DREW HILL
Posts: 5,415
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
has charron ever seen what fox looks like or even knows who he is???

i think fox would actually kill charron on accident if they ever fought
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:51 PM   #97
Patton's Ghost
FCMG x LOM x SEVENS
 
Patton's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Killa, California
Posts: 1,643
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Patton's Ghost is a PY Poster
i feel like charron was blatantly racist dumbing down bars for the crowd

like one of most racist things ive ever seen in a battle

and ive watched caddy ron battle
__________________
word on the streets ima suspect
9/11 left a lil nigga momma upset
rumsfeld gotta rocket don't make us have to up that
chillin on air force one, it feel good to be up here
-BIG G.W. BUSH
Patton's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:52 PM   #98
Casual
Registered User
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,650
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton's Ghost View Post
i feel like charron was blatantly racist dumbing down bars for the crowd

like one of most racist things ive ever seen in a battle

and ive watched caddy ron battle
charron been racist



Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #99
God of Rap
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
God of Rap is a PY Poster
Charron basically watched 10 battles from 2006 and took the best bars from them.
God of Rap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:06 PM   #100
Emancee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4,175
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Yet another example of how terrible 'nerd vs street' battles are.

Charron was a bizarre mixture of great and terrible. There was the 8-ball line which everyone is quoting, followed by the big cheater, birds and bees and maternity lines which noone will be quoting, lol.

I also kinda feel that Charron's freestyles are holding him back now. A lot of the time, he was flipping because he felt he should, not because he had anything to say.

Charron got the first, the second and third go to Magic because of these problems.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #101
Casual
Registered User
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,650
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Yet another example of how terrible 'nerd vs street' battles are.

Charron was a bizarre mixture of great and terrible. There was the 8-ball line which everyone is quoting, followed by the big cheater, birds and bees and maternity lines which noone will be quoting, lol.

I also kinda feel that Charron's freestyles are holding him back now. A lot of the time, he was flipping because he felt he should, not because he had anything to say.

Charron got the first, the second and third go to Magic because of these problems.
Yeah if you freestyle for the first half of a round and have no real haymakers all it tells me is that your writtens suck.

He pretty mcuh only does it so after the battle he can be like "well yeah but i freestyled!!!! real hip hop!!!"
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:09 PM   #102
brownzvill19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,022
Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
brownzvill19 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton's Ghost View Post
i feel like charron was blatantly racist dumbing down bars for the crowd

like one of most racist things ive ever seen in a battle

and ive watched caddy ron battle
WHO IS THIS GUY???!!!

We need more post like this from u
__________________
I can tell who's a real Nigga by the way he Post..
brownzvill19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #103
coleowsuz
IhaveJungleFever
 
coleowsuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,260
Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
coleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australiacoleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australia
I think Magic deff got the first
Second was pretty close off first watch. Charron Might've edged the second
I wasn't feeling either of their third rounds tho.

Magic 2-1 or maybe 3-0 but no body. I actually thought charron had some really good material but didn't perform as well as he usually does and that was his only chance at winning. Crowd was really good tho
coleowsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:22 PM   #104
Casual
Registered User
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,650
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
3face is the only credible name that voted for Charron.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:23 PM   #105
Scruff McGruff
...Elvis Freshley
 
Scruff McGruff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Scruff McGruff is a PY Poster
I think both kept bouncing from cool, to absolute shit.

I didn't "Ooooh" at anything from either. They either lacked execution of the punch or forced the set-up. Or they used stupid played concepts that didn't have any sort of fresh spin to them. I do think bar for bar Charron came harder. He just doesn't have the delivery/flow that Magic does. Having that delivery is important but to let that be a deciding factor is silly. That's like saying a boxer who got the shit kicked out of him won because he looked better tossing jabs. (Not that BMagic even remotely got the shit kicked out of him)

As for Charron being racist, he might be, I don't know the dude. But if he feels like he has to "dumb it down" for a certain crowd that's his prerogative. He's a crowd-reaction type of battler, so if the crowd doesn't get the punch he's screwed. So it makes sense that he wouldn't risk it.


My question though, how many of you HONESTLY remove "points" from Charron immediately just because he's white? Not to start some big silly race war (that I see all over on this site) I'm just curious. I want to know if Charron was darker complected, and just as awkward, how many of you would be so critical of him? Maybe him being white doesn't play a factor at all for some of you, and maybe some of you don't really realize that it plays a factor, however I know for a fact some of you hate seeing him excel because he's white. And that's your prerogative as well.
Scruff McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:28 PM   #106
coleowsuz
IhaveJungleFever
 
coleowsuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,260
Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
coleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australiacoleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff McGruff View Post
I think both kept bouncing from cool, to absolute shit.

I didn't "Ooooh" at anything from either. They either lacked execution of the punch or forced the set-up. Or they used stupid played concepts that didn't have any sort of fresh spin to them. I do think bar for bar Charron came harder. He just doesn't have the delivery/flow that Magic does. Having that delivery is important but to let that be a deciding factor is silly. That's like saying a boxer who got the shit kicked out of him won because he looked better tossing jabs. (Not that BMagic even remotely got the shit kicked out of him)

As for Charron being racist, he might be, I don't know the dude. But if he feels like he has to "dumb it down" for a certain crowd that's his prerogative. He's a crowd-reaction type of battler, so if the crowd doesn't get the punch he's screwed. So it makes sense that he wouldn't risk it.


My question though, how many of you HONESTLY remove "points" from Charron immediately just because he's white? Not to start some big silly race war (that I see all over on this site) I'm just curious. I want to know if Charron was darker complected, and just as awkward, how many of you would be so critical of him? Maybe him being white doesn't play a factor at all for some of you, and maybe some of you don't really realize that it plays a factor, however I know for a fact some of you hate seeing him excel because he's white. And that's your prerogative as well.
I think this crowd gave charron extra love due to the fact he was white, So it goes both ways. If your in a league where 95% of the rappers are black and a white guy makes it debatable everyone in the venue is gonna give it to the white guy. I call it the Real Deal/ShottyHorroh/Charron effect. And Honestly I think If Charron rapped exactly the way he does now same voice and everything and he was black he would get absolutly no love.
coleowsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:32 PM   #107
Scruff McGruff
...Elvis Freshley
 
Scruff McGruff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Scruff McGruff is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleowsuz97 View Post
I think this crowd gave charron extra love due to the fact he was white, So it goes both ways. If your in a league where 95% of the rappers are black and a white guy makes it debatable everyone in the venue is gonna give it to the white guy. I call it the Real Deal/ShottyHorroh/Charron effect. And Honestly I think If Charron rapped exactly the way he does now same voice and everything and he was black he would get absolutly no love.
I can see this point.

But I'm not talking about the crowd. I'm talking about you guys. The internet fans that get to give it multiple listens and pause/rewind etc. Obviously he does just fine with the crowd anyone can see that. (Which is kind of funny because you guys are talking about how wack and played his punches were yet the crowd that he was racist for "dumbing it down" to ate that shit up haha)


Do you guys as the internet forum, behind a screen fans consciously take away from him because of his skin color?
Scruff McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #108
gregrieke20
Media
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 1,481
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
gregrieke20 is not the worst person
Halfway through Charron's first round…he isn't doing very well.
__________________
SpecialOh is infringing on my first ammendment rights.
gregrieke20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #109
coleowsuz
IhaveJungleFever
 
coleowsuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,260
Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
coleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australiacoleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff McGruff View Post
I can see this point.

But I'm not talking about the crowd. I'm talking about you guys. The internet fans that get to give it multiple listens and pause/rewind etc. Obviously he does just fine with the crowd anyone can see that. (Which is kind of funny because you guys are talking about how wack and played his punches were yet the crowd that he was racist for "dumbing it down" to ate that shit up haha)


Do you guys as the internet forum, behind a screen fans consciously take away from him because of his skin color?
I mean personally I"m white so I could care less. Most of my favorite Emcee's happen to be black just by chance. Both Nils m Skills and Tay Rock are two of my favorites to watch and there pretty much on two opposite ends of the spectrum. I don't like When white dudes go to "black" leagues and play the white card heavily the whole "I never seen a gun or a dead body" thing cough REAL DEAL.
coleowsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:41 PM   #110
Casual
Registered User
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,650
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff McGruff View Post
I can see this point.

But I'm not talking about the crowd. I'm talking about you guys. The internet fans that get to give it multiple listens and pause/rewind etc. Obviously he does just fine with the crowd anyone can see that. (Which is kind of funny because you guys are talking about how wack and played his punches were yet the crowd that he was racist for "dumbing it down" to ate that shit up haha)


Do you guys as the internet forum, behind a screen fans consciously take away from him because of his skin color?
There's plenty of white battlers that people fuck with on this forum. Honestly if charron was black and just as awkward/shit at rapping he probably wouldn't have reached anywhere near the popularity he has now. He's benefited from being white if anything.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:59 PM   #111
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI
 
Ass Napkin Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 2 LETTER MAN
Posts: 7,895
Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
If Blacks can understand X-Cel, Chilla, Born, and QP
Charron isn't blowing anyone away with superior word play

I like the idea he lost, because he was racist by dumbing it down....lol
very funny lol

Bright Flower!
__________________
I STILL HAVE TIME FOR THE BULLSHIT

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:04 PM   #112
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 3,108
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
100 Burgerz is basically black Charron. not stylistically, but in terms of awkwardness of performance and stuff. and he doesn't really get much love.
__________________
Marinated Ventilator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:44 PM   #113
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 1,396
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
Charron had some shit, but he can't rap...and that stood out against b-magic
b-magic 2-1
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:49 PM   #114
rogermellie
Registered User
 
rogermellie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,672
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff McGruff View Post
Having that delivery is important but to let that be a deciding factor is silly. That's like saying a boxer who got the shit kicked out of him won because he looked better tossing jabs. (Not that BMagic even remotely got the shit kicked out of him)
LOOL, I swear 90% of analogies that battle fans come up with are terrible and don't work atall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff McGruff View Post
I know for a fact some of you hate seeing him excel because he's white.
No you don't. You assume, the fact you make this assumption is more a reflection on you imo(aka I know for a fact).
One thing I've noticed on here is that a lot of people just favour a certain style of writing and delivery, if a white person falls into this category then people will rate them(e.g Big K). It just so happens that not many white battlers do.
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:58 PM   #115
Scruff McGruff
...Elvis Freshley
 
Scruff McGruff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Scruff McGruff is a PY Poster
The analogy was spot on.

Again BMagic didn't get "bodied" in the slightest. I'm not even technically saying that he lost.

But to say that someone out-wrote (which means that he out punched) the opponent but you couldn't give it to him because the other guy "rapped" better... is silly. Which fits perfectly with my analogy. Just because someone looks/sounds good when they do shit doesn't mean they really are good. Black or white. And I don't assume because I've seen posts on here that prove it. And the only thing it "reflects" on me is that I notice something and I ask on it.
Scruff McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:03 PM   #116
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 3,108
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff McGruff View Post
The analogy was spot on.

Again BMagic didn't get "bodied" in the slightest. I'm not even technically saying that he lost.

But to say that someone out-wrote (which means that he out punched) the opponent but you couldn't give it to him because the other guy "rapped" better... is silly. Which fits perfectly with my analogy. Just because someone looks/sounds good when they do shit doesn't mean they really are good. Black or white. And I don't assume because I've seen posts on here that prove it. And the only thing it "reflects" on me is that I notice something and I ask on it.
"black or white" is kind of unfortunate wording in this context. but to dismiss "rapping" ability (i agree that this term is a bit arbitrary and under-defined btw) as basically irrelevant to the battle is ridiculous. writing is certainly an important aspect, but if it was the only thing people cared about we'd just have text battles or something. it would be a completely different ballgame (pun intended) where Hitman Holla wouldn't stand a chance against Bender or someone like that, but it wouldn't be battle rap as we know and love it today.
__________________
Marinated Ventilator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:07 PM   #117
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI
 
Ass Napkin Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 2 LETTER MAN
Posts: 7,895
Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff McGruff View Post
The analogy was spot on.

Again BMagic didn't get "bodied" in the slightest. I'm not even technically saying that he lost.

But to say that someone out-wrote (which means that he out punched) the opponent but you couldn't give it to him because the other guy "rapped" better... is silly. Which fits perfectly with my analogy. Just because someone looks/sounds good when they do shit doesn't mean they really are good. Black or white. And I don't assume because I've seen posts on here that prove it. And the only thing it "reflects" on me is that I notice something and I ask on it.
Actually that is what we watch battle rap for
No one is looking at T-Rex to write a Harvard mid-term paper
__________________
I STILL HAVE TIME FOR THE BULLSHIT

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #118
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI
 
Ass Napkin Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 2 LETTER MAN
Posts: 7,895
Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Battle Rap is all performance and delivery
which is why (Bill Collector, Qleen, Tiger Ty, Reed, etc) are all legends
No one cares about that nerdy multi shit
KOTD single-handedly ruined battle rap with that dumb shit
__________________
I STILL HAVE TIME FOR THE BULLSHIT

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #119
Scruff McGruff
...Elvis Freshley
 
Scruff McGruff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Scruff McGruff is a PY Poster
Oh I don't at all mean to downplay the importance of delivery. That's what takes Diz from being mediocre to being a threat. Delivery is crazy important. But I don't think it should be MORE important than writing (and vice versa). And I think the gap is far too big on both sides of that coin. People either hold writing way higher than rapping or rapping higher than writing. Like if someone like Diz with his intensity, or Shotty Horroh spit Rone's bars... he'd be damn near unbeatable in my opinion.

People have their own preferences, I wouldn't ask anyone to change theirs. I personally will forgive a slightly awkward delivery for more clever/harder punchlines.

I think Charron is awful at rapping, which definitely makes it hard for me to enjoy him so I don't want this post to be only related to him or only related to white battlers.
Scruff McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:10 PM   #120
Scruff McGruff
...Elvis Freshley
 
Scruff McGruff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Scruff McGruff is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
Battle Rap is all performance and delivery
No one cares about that nerdy multi shit
KOTD single-handedly ruined battle rap with that dumb shit
This is what I mean by preference.

You're not wrong by any means for liking the acting and showmanship.

I personally will take the "nerdier" verses.
Scruff McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Forum Stats
Members: 5,556
Threads: 27,250
Posts: 734,996
Total Online: 1899

Newest Member: BattleRapBiz.com

Latest Threads
- by Profess
- by Profess
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by Profess
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:22 PM.