Mistah Fab/Drect event No Mask is a live stream

Old 10-30-2016, 07:57 PM   #1
hawaiiand
Media

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
hawaiiand is a PY Poster
Mistah Fab/Drect event No Mask is a live stream

editx2
Live audio is now at least watchable with a little feedback.. I'm also under the impression that the VOD audio will be fine, so removing the warning that was here about the audio.
/edit

Dont think it was mentioned here, but they decided to host a live stream at the event today. You can purchase access here:

http://www.rapgrid.com/dope-era-batt...ts-no-mask-vod

My understanding is the battles are planned to start at <edit>4:00pm PST. After the event the battles will be made available through the normal VOD service, which will be within a week after the event (but typically happens faster, depending on receiving the footage and it getting made available).

Mistah Fab vs Charlie Clips ( one round )
Tsu Surf vs T Rex ( one round )
John John Da Don vs Daylyt
Arsonal vs Serious Jones
B Magic vs Cortez

Fingers crossed this goes well. If it doesn't this will probably be my last post, so full disclosure, your mileage may vary.

Last edited by hawaiiand; 10-31-2016 at 02:07 AM.
hawaiiand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:01 PM   #2
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
What??? I would've bought this instead of the bunker if I knew this was live. Didn't even get to watch all the bunker battles last night, but I'm just chillin at home today. Can't see myself buying two events in one weekend, on principle, that's just too much.

Hope the event is a success tho.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:04 PM   #3
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
i don't see how any of this could go well, honestly

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:04 PM   #4
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Some promo videos..

Last edited by 6000GP; 10-30-2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:06 PM   #5
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
i don't see how any of this could go well, honestly
I think it'll be all good. It's not making a lot of waves in the battle rap world, but Fab has a big following in the bay, he brings people out when he's involved in a show. Apparently everyone made it there, and they seem to be taking it seriously.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:07 PM   #6
brodeezy

Mentioned: 630 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
wow wtf i had no idea this was happening

theres so many big names on this shit

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:08 PM   #7
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
I think it'll be all good. It's not making a lot of waves in the battle rap world, but Fab has a big following in the bay, he brings people out when he's involved in a show. Apparently everyone made it there, and they seem to be taking it seriously.
oh, the event could for sure

but the livestream, king of the dot's had like 20 of em and they're still figuring out a ton of the logistics

i'm not sure how mistah fab and drect could make a workable one

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:13 PM   #8
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
oh, the event could for sure

but the livestream, king of the dot's had like 20 of em and they're still figuring out a ton of the logistics

i'm not sure how mistah fab and drect could make a workable one
Oh, yeah, I hear you. Idk if rapgrid has done live streaming before. I mean, if it were that easy, I'd imagine they'd do it for every event. But idk, I'm keeping my fingers crossed cause I'm hoping that Fab does more of these. I'm trying to go to the next one.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:23 PM   #9
hawaiiand
Media

hawaiiand is a PY Poster
Quote:
Quote:
Oh, yeah, I hear you. Idk if rapgrid has done live streaming before. I mean, if it were that easy, I'd imagine they'd do it for every event.
This will be our first live stream. Its really a matter of the leagues wanting to go that route and us vetting that they are capable at the venue, but with Drect's involvement this time it gives us a unique opportunity. I'd say everyone is cautiously optimistic, and I tried to get that across with the original post.

Excited that we're finally hosting one and what it might mean in the future, but I dont have any disillusion that its going to be flawless.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:45 PM   #10
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
they shouldn't have upped it to 30 (was 20 until like 11/12 last night)
too steep for uncertainty

I mean Clips vs Fab is a who gives a fuck type jawn and its only one round (thank god)

Surf vs Rex, 2 of the hit-or-miss-iest muhfuckas ever, facing off also in a one rounder

Ars vs Serius: a match noone asked for that may actually steal BOTN

Day vs JJDD: Day has been no-showing lately (altho I see he's there [edit], but will he really 'show up"[tryna save it lol]) John john is gahbage tho anyway so...

Tez vs Magic: Magic battled last night+noone takes Tez serious, and he takes everything extra serious-should be a repeat of K vs Tez, would love to be wrong tho

All in all, thats 5 battles, 2 of which are 1 rounders, leaving 3 full batttles, 2 of which have some element of shakiness about them

but on the flip , these are those "names" *yawn* ppl been asking for

Last edited by Neanderthol; 10-30-2016 at 08:48 PM.
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:46 PM   #11
brodeezy

Mentioned: 630 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
they shouldn't have upped it to 30 (was 20 until like 11/12 last night)
too steep for uncertainty

I mean Clips vs Fab is a who gives a fuck type jawn and its only one round (thank god)

Surf vs Rex, 2 of the hit-or-miss-iest muhfuckas ever, facing off also in a one rounder

Ars vs Serius: a match noone asked for that may actually steal BOTN

Day vs JJDD: Day has been no-showing lately, John john is gahbage so...

Tez vs Magic: Magic battled last night+noone takes Tez serious, and he takes everything extra seriousm-should be a repeat of K vs Tez, would love to be wrong tho

All in all, thats 5 battles, 2 of which are 1 rounders, leaving 3 full batttles, 2 of which have some element of shakiness about them

but on the flip , these are those "names" *yawn* ppl been asking for
please refrain from making shitty posts in the future

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:39 PM   #12
6000GP
tupac back

Old 10-30-2016, 10:40 PM   #13
6000GP
tupac back

Old 10-30-2016, 11:00 PM   #14
6000GP
tupac back

Looks like hella people showed up

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMNFiERDZrB/
Old 10-30-2016, 11:07 PM   #15
Neanderthol

Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
the promo vidz are fun
the Day/Surf shit funny asf, dey was shittin on John John lol
Old 10-30-2016, 11:08 PM   #16
averagejoe
©

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:

i wanna live in a city with sidewalks that big
that looks accesssible as fuck

i could actually roll side by side with 4-5 of my buddies
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:08 PM   #17
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Looks like hella people showed up

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMNFiERDZrB/
Lol a random Fredo appearance there aswell
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:15 PM   #18
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
i wanna live in a city with sidewalks that big
that looks accesssible as fuck

i could actually roll side by side with 4-5 of my buddies
Lmao I feel like most decent sized cities have somewhere in the city where the sidewalks are big lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:37 PM   #19
6000GP
tupac back

Old 10-30-2016, 11:38 PM   #20
6000GP
tupac back

Old 10-30-2016, 11:46 PM   #21
6000GP
tupac back

Heard that the tickets are $100 at the door.

This is a good look for battle rap in northern california. Really hoping that it turns out well, because we need a more street-oriented alternative to kotd out here. If fab is out here filling up venues while selling tickets at URL prices, then URL needs to start fucking with the bay and maybe even mistah fab to get some legit URL battles out here.
Old 10-30-2016, 11:53 PM   #22
6000GP
tupac back

Old 10-31-2016, 12:02 AM   #23
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
is the ppv streaming well?
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:04 AM   #24
6000GP
tupac back

Seriously considering getting the ppv...
Old 10-31-2016, 12:04 AM   #25
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
interested to see how this goes
Old 10-31-2016, 12:05 AM   #26
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Heard that the tickets are $100 at the door.

This is a good look for battle rap in northern california. Really hoping that it turns out well, because we need a more street-oriented alternative to kotd out here. If fab is out here filling up venues while selling tickets at URL prices, then URL needs to start fucking with the bay and maybe even mistah fab to get some legit URL battles out here.
Will they do as well without mr fab. Is it him promoting it or the battlers names thats bringing the crowd.

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:06 AM   #27
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

I really hope all the battles go off well. With D rect involved I'm hoping the video and audio is on point.

Anyone get the PPV

Old 10-31-2016, 12:12 AM   #28
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
Will they do as well without mr fab. Is it him promoting it or the battlers names thats bringing the crowd.
It's probably mostly due to fab, but a lot of people don't realize that there is a pretty big untapped market on the west coast that kotd can't reach. Fab said he asked URL to be a part of it but they had apprehensions because they didn't know what to expect. I'm hoping they do something together in the future, hopefully for the next event which is supposed to be in Jan.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:19 AM   #29
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
It's probably mostly due to fab, but a lot of people don't realize that there is a pretty big untapped market on the west coast that kotd can't reach. Fab said he asked URL to be a part of it but they had apprehensions because they didn't know what to expect. I'm hoping they do something together in the future, hopefully for the next event which is supposed to be in Jan.
It would make sense and it gives Mr. Fab a legitimate place to post the videos. Maybe he can sell them the vids afterwards

Old 10-31-2016, 12:21 AM   #30
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
shit starting now. Cortez vs B Magic starting now
Old 10-31-2016, 12:24 AM   #31
Neanderthol

yea URL shoulda at least did one of those "you do absolutely everything and we just put it out" deals they do (i.e. Url west/ WGH/Pittsburg) wit him
Old 10-31-2016, 12:25 AM   #32
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i actually have faith in this. if anyone could pull off a first time event, it'd be someone who's familiar with the industry. you can't equate mistah fab to alki or any amateur promoter..

the only possible drawback is the crowd. last time mistah fab was a draw at a cali event, the vibe of the event was doo doo. curious to see how this will go especially since a lot of the guys on the card ain't west coast.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:27 AM   #33
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

the ppv is glitching, and you cant hear the rappers at all
Old 10-31-2016, 12:30 AM   #34
FILTH
Jesucio

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
FILTH is not the worst person
audio sucks. a waste
FILTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:30 AM   #35
6000GP
tupac back

Uh oh..
Old 10-31-2016, 12:33 AM   #36
6000GP
tupac back

One of you who are watching the stream, update us with some of the bars and stuff...
Old 10-31-2016, 12:34 AM   #37
6000GP
tupac back

Old 10-31-2016, 12:34 AM   #38
FILTH
Jesucio

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
FILTH is not the worst person
Quote:
One of you who are watching the stream, update us with some of the bars and stuff...
impossible. audio is ass. cant understand a thing
FILTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:36 AM   #39
hawaiiand
Media

hawaiiand is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by FILTH View Post
impossible. audio is ass. cant understand a thing
Yea its bad. I edited the original post here too saying such.

I assume the videos that will be available to watch afterwards will have it much better.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:37 AM   #40
6000GP
tupac back

Tags
poems spends kids college fun on bad ppv, poems took out a loan for this ppv, poems tried to pay in rolled up pennies