Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Underrated part of bigg k

Old 03-31-2017, 01:53 PM   #1
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 414 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Underrated part of bigg k

The underrated part of bigg k to those people (Willy) who think he's just an opening act; he is very good at punking his opponent. Nobody had done to math, what bigg k did to him. That third round was tough!

So be easy on bigg k... he's the best at certain things just not some of the shit you guys find important. But the way he talks to people is only done by top tier battlers... so give him that respect.

I agree he is overrated by some people but I think we underrate people in particular areas as well.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:55 PM   #2
acidzero
lookin oinkish : ux9

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
acidzero is better than Grind Time Australiaacidzero is better than Grind Time Australia
it's been almost a year since we've seen him. I hope they get him on mass3
acidzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:09 PM   #3
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
If K vs. Cal don't go down this year...mannnnnn
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:33 PM   #4
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think the majority of the forum likes Bigg K. He is one of few rappers that is rated about right. That said, I don't honestly care if rappers get emotional or whatever as long as the writing is there.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:46 PM   #5
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Bigg K is the best in battle rap. His third rounds have become the best over the last couple of years. Vs Math, Ill swill, and Head ICE he's gone far more direct than he ever used to, and all of them hit. He does almost everything better than other battlers, and I really can't see any justification for some of the hate he gets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:50 PM   #6
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
its kind of hard to care about him "punking" anyone when hes always crying about shit either on twitter or during battles tbh

the caustic shit was pretty funny tho

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:59 PM   #7
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
OP is right; he struggled to punk Cortez or Showoff though

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChopChoiceBeats
www.facebook.com/ChopChoiceBeats

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross
Assassin Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:54 PM   #8
acidzero
lookin oinkish : ux9

acidzero is better than Grind Time Australiaacidzero is better than Grind Time Australia
i revisit his 3rd against math like every two weeks i swear
acidzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 04:03 PM   #9
erfworm

erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
Another underrated part of Bigg K are the expressions he pulls when the other guys rapping

erfworm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 05:09 PM   #10
Toronto
rip bambam

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Toronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
crazy to think one of his best battles (vs illmaculate) came out in late 2013...

damn time flies loud
Old 03-31-2017, 05:11 PM   #11
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Thumbs up

Bigg K is hilarious and knows hows to use the perfect balance of comedy and bars.

K is the goat and more creative than 90 percent of these other battlers. One of the most bitten.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:57 PM   #12
Feral Linguist

Feral Linguist is not the worst person
good thread cousin

the beginning of his 2nd round vs illmaculate is amazing to me

that 'he stay up in Oregon and tie-dye shit' especially gripped me the first time i saw it
Feral Linguist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:08 PM   #13
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1284 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Bigg K is the best and the reasons are mostly intangible. Besides the fact his wordplay is "actually" good (rare these days, most won't understand), he just has the vibe that doesn't allow you to win. Very akin to something like Head ICE or Rex in that you can feel he legitimately isn't impressed with you and it gives off the feeling that whoever they're facing is the underdog. Can't beat that kind of battle rapper

So yeah, combine that with his actually good writing and that he's witty, good luck
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:17 PM   #14
lukej

lukej is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
Bigg K is the best in battle rap. His third rounds have become the best over the last couple of years. Vs Math, Ill swill, and Head ICE he's gone far more direct than he ever used to, and all of them hit. He does almost everything better than other battlers, and I really can't see any justification for some of the hate he gets.
This.

Bigg K with an angle?

Damn near impossible to beat.
lukej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:17 PM   #15
lukej

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
Bigg K is the best and the reasons are mostly intangible. Besides the fact his wordplay is "actually" good (rare these days, most won't understand), he just has the vibe that doesn't allow you to win. Very akin to something like Head ICE or Rex in that you can feel he legitimately isn't impressed with you and it gives off the feeling that whoever they're facing is the underdog. Can't beat that kind of battle rapper

So yeah, combine that with his actually good writing and that he's witty, good luck
Very well said.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:18 PM   #16
lukej

Also I've had people tell me that his battle with Ill Will is "debatable"

That shit is so weird to me

I would go so far as to say that was a body.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:23 PM   #17
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
still think Bigg K can go toe to toe with the best in battle rap right now. He's one of my favorites hope to see him back soon

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:38 PM   #18
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1182 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
just randomly watched math vs bigg k

EVERYTIME I LOOK AT YOU. sheesh
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:59 PM   #19
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Bigg K has beaten preety much every smack battler he's gone against i still feel he needs to go back to truly get full recognition
Old 03-31-2017, 08:10 PM   #20
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
I appreciate that he's low-key funny. As in, people think of him as a bully/all bars/street whatever type, but sometimes he'll slide in a line or two that might make me laugh harder than battlers who only do comedy.

"They got a kitty cat. Dog. What type a shit is that?"
"S'pecially when the front of ya shoes look like oatmeal cakes."
"Salami boy."
"Fuck groceries, that's eatin' the booty like commissaries...Math Hoffa the ass gobbla."
"You big eared mothafucka. Up here lookin' like a newborn mouse."
"Get a load of me ain't nobody old as me O dot L dot D is in the muthafuckin' building. Ice."
Old 03-31-2017, 08:14 PM   #21
WillyRockBags

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
WillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time Australia
Question

Bigg K is "perfect" for an opening act! I would book him for cheap to warm up the crowd any day
Old 03-31-2017, 08:16 PM   #22
WillyRockBags

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
WillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
Bigg K is the best in battle rap.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:22 PM   #23
Scartown

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Scartown is better than Grind Time AustraliaScartown is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
its kind of hard to care about him "punking" anyone when hes always crying about shit either on twitter or during battles tbh

This

While the talent is there obviously...It's hard to see someone as that tough guy don't give a fuck attitude when all you do is give a fuck and let everyone on Twitter know it
Scartown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:48 AM   #24
Jbruck420

Jbruck420 is not the worst person
Been saying this forever. I'll always stop what I'm doing for a Bigg K battle and idk if I even like battles anymore.
Jbruck420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:58 AM   #25
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
I appreciate that he's low-key funny. As in, people think of him as a bully/all bars/street whatever type, but sometimes he'll slide in a line or two that might make me laugh harder than battlers who only do comedy.

"They got a kitty cat. Dog. What type a shit is that?"
"S'pecially when the front of ya shoes look like oatmeal cakes."
"Salami boy."
"Fuck groceries, that's eatin' the booty like commissaries...Math Hoffa the ass gobbla."
"You big eared mothafucka. Up here lookin' like a newborn mouse."
"Get a load of me ain't nobody old as me O dot L dot D is in the muthafuckin' building. Ice."
"Where you from y'all make moonshine and hunt bigfoot"
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:17 AM   #26
Assassin Ben

Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
just randomly watched math vs bigg k

EVERYTIME I LOOK AT YOU. sheesh
A combination Bigg K, Diz and Daylyt turned Math from a bully to a joke. The 3rd that Bigg K gave Math, the teleport shit LOL

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross
Old 04-01-2017, 11:39 AM   #27
Prison Mike
And it hoit!

Prison Mike is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
i revisit his 3rd against math like every two weeks i swear
When he said.. I think...

I wasn't in the buildin', I couldn't bounce to save ya
I was walkin' Venice Beach with an ounce of flavor
When it popped off, I ain't find out til' later
That they was in there ringin' Math buttons like a calculator

Damn.

I've also noticed that K isn't just a puncher. He connects his rhymes very well, and you can tell that despite his indifferent attitude towards Battle Rap, and his perception of it as corny, he really takes the time to construct great material..

I think he sums himself up best against Will when he said "I don't use a lot of angles, I'm not into the scheme tip, but if you've heard 'Less is more.', I'm really a genius, cause bar, after bar I be kickin' that mean shit, and I feel the same about everybody I get in the ring with.."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post

Word. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen K positively react to his opponent's material. The most memorable one was when Saurus said "Now, I'm a vet, so you need not warn me, dude's beyond corny, QP on Maury..".... The only other line I can think of him givin' props off top, was when Illmac said "I don't get a line about this dude in prison, cause at least there, he can actually get thru a sentence."

His mockery during his opponent's rounds is one of my favorite parts. Him kickin' everything Caustic said was hilarious. That's why I get a trip out of watching battles like Deadman vs Johnny Storm, Saurus vs Bender, or Ave vs JJDD because seeing K positively react to another person's material is so fucking rare lmao.

Last edited by Prison Mike; 04-01-2017 at 11:45 AM.
Prison Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:49 PM   #28
lukej

Co-sign Bigg K's sense of humor.

Talking about Illmaculate and his conspiracy theories had Illmac cracking up, lmfao.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:16 PM   #29
Feral Linguist

Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:

i feel like that was probably the most pitiful example of his crying behavior though how the hell was it funny?
Feral Linguist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:51 PM   #30
brodeezy

brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
^the bigger question is why is this guy such a fuckin dweeb lmao

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 04-01-2017, 07:43 PM   #31
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Quote:
^the bigger question is why is this guy such a fuckin dweeb lmao
lmao

i told that nerd to stop posting

Bigg K is entertaining but some shit got a bit redundant. Looking back at some of his bars they're a bit corny. I did like to see him make Caustic cry though and the look on his face when he was talking to Math.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:34 PM   #32
Assassin Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post

I think he sums himself up best against Will when he said "I don't use a lot of angles, I'm not into the scheme tip, but if you've heard 'Less is more.', I'm really a genius, cause bar, after bar I be kickin' that mean shit, and I feel the same about everybody I get in the ring with.."
You were kicking game here son. rep

Bigg K de-constructs himself well. Does exactly what he says on the tin.

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross
Old 04-01-2017, 10:53 PM   #33
Scartown

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Scartown is better than Grind Time AustraliaScartown is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
lmao

i told that nerd to stop posting

Bigg K is entertaining but some shit got a bit redundant. Looking back at some of his bars they're a bit corny. I did like to see him make Caustic cry though and the look on his face when he was talking to Math.
That guy's at home doing the Bigg k air kick screaming "that shit gahbage" at @brodeezy s name
Scartown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 12:31 AM   #34
brodeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin Ben View Post
You were kicking game here son. rep

Bigg K de-constructs himself well. Does exactly what he says on the tin.
ya i appreciate that about k tbh. he doesn't play games he just comes with bars. hit or miss sometimes and u can kinda tell when he's on it or not. but doesnt really fuck around with fake personals or any of that lame shit

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 04-02-2017, 12:36 AM   #35
lukej