Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Closure Promo Thread

View Poll Results: Will this event be better than Resolution?
Yes 2 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2019, 07:19 AM   #1
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Closure Promo Thread

RBE's Closure is going down May 4th in Atlanta.

This card is similar in theme to last weekend's URL card resolution. The promo for that card was off the chain.

But is anyone following the promo for this card?

There doesn't seem to be a stand-out promo star for this event like Cassidy was for Resolution.

But does this card have better matchups?

I was watching ARP interview Clips about the Math battle and I'm still not sold that it makes sense.

Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:31 PM   #2
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Will watch Hitman vs. Bill and E Ness rounds.

Rest is looking zzzzz.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:27 PM   #3
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
doesen't need to be that good to beat resolution tbh
Old 04-30-2019, 05:38 PM   #4
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
O-Solo v Brixx is crazy

Bill Collector with Body of the Night

Math v Clips should be decent especially after watching Math end Hollow
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:20 AM   #5
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I don't usually big-up Jae Millz but in this interview he comes across well. Could E. Ness be in trouble come Saturday?

Old 05-01-2019, 08:20 AM   #6
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
O-Solo v Brixx is crazy

Bill Collector with Body of the Night

Math v Clips should be decent especially after watching Math end Hollow
How is O-Solo's promo game?
Old 05-01-2019, 08:31 AM   #7
Emancee

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Math Vs Clips is more a victory lap at this point. Never understood this belief that a couple of okay battles means that that battler is back. Math is going to need a battle a lot better than Hollow before I start looking forward to him again. Hopefully he can surprise me though, but pretty much given up on both him and Clips.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:33 AM   #8
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Looking forward to Hitman Vs Bill though. Enjoy both and if they both do their style it should be a debatable as they are very different styles of emcees
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Old 05-01-2019, 08:34 AM   #9
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
doesen't need to be that good to beat resolution tbh
Honestly I expect the second day of Town Bidness to be about as good as Resolution.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:40 AM   #10
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Math Vs Clips is more a victory lap at this point. Never understood this belief that a couple of okay battles means that that battler is back. Math is going to need a battle a lot better than Hollow before I start looking forward to him again. Hopefully he can surprise me though, but pretty much given up on both him and Clips.
I'm not excited for a Math vs Clips battle yet on a real level. But maybe they can sell it these next couple of days and make it entertaining. Their grudge is based on Clips wearing slippers and not helping Math when he got jumped by Dizaster. Frankly, after Math's defeat of Hollow, I don't think he needs to directly address the Diz situation again right away. It seemed like he was excited about a Mook battle. But lets be real, this is battle rap and a little beef goes a long way with PPV sales.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:45 AM   #11
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Honestly I expect the second day of Town Bidness to be about as good as Resolution.
Its on TB day one, but Illmac vs B. Magic could be a low-key classic
Old 05-01-2019, 09:24 AM   #12
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
So is Math just angry at everyone from the east coast who was at the event where Dizaster hit him for not jumping in on his behalf or something? Like I understand why you'd be upset with your actual friends not doing anything but people you're cool with at battle rap events 4/5 times a year? I don't get it.
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:25 AM   #13
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
Btw fully expecting Bill Collector to spazz the fuck out on this card.
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:02 AM   #14
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDiz View Post
So is Math just angry at everyone from the east coast who was at the event where Dizaster hit him for not jumping in on his behalf or something? Like I understand why you'd be upset with your actual friends not doing anything but people you're cool with at battle rap events 4/5 times a year? I don't get it.
It seems like that's it pretty much. In fact, because of his him or me mentality regarding Diz, anyone that is cool with Diz can be spun into an enemy of Math's.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:01 PM   #15
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
How is O-Solo's promo game?
To be fully honest the concept of "promo game" is something I cannot respect.

It's O-Solo, if somebody has seen his battles they know his style.

The work one puts in for the art or the culture should be promotional enough.

All these face-offs and fake drama is all clown shit and it's watering down "the culture" or more precisely the actual ART of battle rap
what about the actual substance of the battles? that is all i care about
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 03:21 PM   #16
iamHBY

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
The Jae Millz vs. E. Ness rematch is the only main battle that's really interesting to me, besides like O-Solo vs. Brixx Belvy being an Onsite battle. Otherwise, I'm not really excited for this card anymore.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 11:34 PM   #17
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Wow! Math's entourage vs Clips contains that same light skinned dude from when he battled Hollow
Old 05-05-2019, 02:24 AM   #18
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 418 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
so who won

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. geechi gotti
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:54 AM   #19
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
so who won
i haven't seen the whole thing yet. But Clips' 3rd had stronger moments than what I saw from Math. Long story short, Clips 3-0
Old 05-05-2019, 03:53 AM   #20
iamHBY

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 04:11 AM   #21
Profess
Smooth Criminal

@iamHBY is the RBE VOD a la carte?
Old 05-05-2019, 05:26 AM   #22
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Hitman v Bill being called a classic
Old 05-05-2019, 07:59 AM   #23
Emancee

Quote:
i haven't seen the whole thing yet. But Clips' 3rd had stronger moments than what I saw from Math. Long story short, Clips 3-0
Yeah, I kinda figured that Math would drop the ball. It will make more than a decent win over Hollow to make me forget how terrible he has been until very recently.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:58 PM   #24
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Yeah, I kinda figured that Math would drop the ball. It will make more than a decent win over Hollow to make me forget how terrible he has been until very recently.
Clips has a crazy line in the 2nd... talking about Math posting a video where Busta Rhymes shouts him out.. Clips then says he is a Busta Rhymes fan too.. and his favorite Busta album is When Dizaster Strikes
Old 05-05-2019, 10:46 PM   #25
Emancee

Quote:
Clips has a crazy line in the 2nd... talking about Math posting a video where Busta Rhymes shouts him out.. Clips then says he is a Busta Rhymes fan too.. and his favorite Busta album is When Dizaster Strikes
/endbattle