Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Let's talk Premier Battles getting screwed.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:07 AM   #1
Emancee

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Let's talk Premier Battles getting screwed.

So assuming the rumors are true from the card:

Tay Roc has cancelled on Shotty,
Twork has no interest in Bobby Rex's wack ass,
JC is looking flakey against Tony D (Not confirmed, but likely),

Soul vs Flex, Real Deal vs J Short (Why?!?) and Oshea vs Matter are all still happening.

Damn, that is a huge hit to a really solid card right when UK battle rap was finally getting some momentum.

Any thoughts about what to do? Other than stick to only booking west coasters and Canadians next time, lol...
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:38 AM   #2
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica

Cliff notes:
The original battle was Lux vs. Shotty?!?

The battlers received half the cash in advance.

Tay, Twork, JC, Mike P and Chef were booked in that order.

-Chef dropped out because of no passport, sigh! Apparently his manager felt so bad, he returned the deposit. A Ward took over.
-Mike P ghosted them as soon as they started talking flights. Mike P suddenly repaid the deposit due to 'personal reasons' and they got on the phone to Flex who awesomely sounds like he was really hungry for the Soul battle.
-Shotty's dog is going crazy, lol.
-Twork wrote asking for more of his deposit to be paid in advance.
-They made up Twork t-shirts and started selling them at events.
-Tay Roc suddenly started asking for more cash right before the event.
-JC is strongarming them for more cash and looking flakey as hell. It also seems like JC has PTSD after getting roughed up last time he was in the UK, lol.
-Apparently, there was a chance to replace Tay Roc with Calicoe (Much better battle) or JJTD (Dear god, no!), but the money is too tied up in the battlers who cancelled and the refunds that hasn't been returned.
-Shotty is thinking of battling on KOTD again.

They didn't know Twork was on the card until they saw the flyer for the event.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...

Last edited by Emancee; 08-21-2019 at 04:49 AM.
Old 08-21-2019, 02:24 AM   #3
Emancee

Tay Roc explains his side.

In his words, Shotty wasn't keeping up with his payments and kept asking for extra things to be included (A horrible sounding meet-and-greet event, lol). When he didn't receive a second deposit of 2-3K, he sent Shotty his cash back.

Also lol at Tay Roc talking about not running off with the cash as 'not doing a Qleen Paper'...
Old 08-21-2019, 02:46 AM   #4
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
i dunno what's funnier to imagine

Tay Roc doing a "meet and greet" event with "the fans" alongside shotty horroh

or Shotty Horroh vs Loaded Lux

either way, fuck that overrated numbskull, lmao, also even more sickly funny (sorry) after he wrote some lame ass dear-diary shit on social media "i was writing some bars and i know who i am again! im staying in battle rap for real this time guys!" not long ago, in reference to this battle....

but hey, maybe we'll get what the fans really want....

tony d v shotty II
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:45 AM   #5
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
i dunno what's funnier to imagine

Tay Roc doing a "meet and greet" event with "the fans" alongside shotty horroh
I would almost certainly pay to see that. It would be so horribly awkward, it would be worth every cent.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:56 AM   #6
iamHBY

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I’m used to battles falling through when it comes to bringing American talent to leagues outside of the U.S., but I think this is the first time since a large chunk of the Blackout 4 battles fell through where a card has completely gone to shit because of talent being unresponsive or backing out at the very last minute.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:25 AM   #7
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Not cool at all. Roc doesn’t carry himself well - first the Tech 9 Jay Blac stuff and now this. Smh
Shadowposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:17 AM   #8
god level

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Lol I personally don't care that this isn't going down. Glad it's not cause it seems forced but yo let me say that Ogmios top 5 in UK
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:45 AM   #9
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
The amount of last minute cancellations and no-shows in battle rap is ridiculous, I've never come across this kind of thing in any other scene I've been a part of. I wasn't excited for this card but I feel bad for the fans that were, this would really suck if you got a ticket for this event (It cost 60 quid).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
It's a fact that The Saurus didn't back down and let Pat Stay be the alpha male and all of that has a FACTUAL basis in primate psychology.

Last edited by rogermellie; 08-21-2019 at 08:52 AM.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:47 AM   #10
rogermellie

rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
That being said there have been some suspect responses to this by UK fans, seen people shitting on all URL battlers and calling for none to be booked again, people are really quick to generalise URL battlers.
Quote:
It's a fact that The Saurus didn't back down and let Pat Stay be the alpha male and all of that has a FACTUAL basis in primate psychology.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:08 AM   #11
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
That being said there have been some suspect responses to this by UK fans, seen people shitting on all URL battlers and calling for none to be booked again, people are really quick to generalise URL battlers.
Truth. People forget that the battler Shotty made his name against Arsonal was a URL cat at a UK battle rap jam. Regardless of quality, you also know DNA will turn up, lol.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:47 AM   #12
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
At the same time, Shotty chose to make a card full of URL battlers when there seemed no need to do so
Nobody asked for Twork vs Bobby Rex (especially when it's known that Twork isnt exactly the most reliable person outside of URL)
Shox has plenty of potential matchups, why Chef Trez who has never been outside the country
Soul vs Madflex sounds better to me than Mike P ever did

Since Youtube isnt their main source of income, they didn't need to get them for the views. And if they did need the views, just book Ars or DNA vs Bobby Rex.
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:14 AM   #13
rogermellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Truth. People forget that the battler Shotty made his name against Arsonal was a URL cat at a UK battle rap jam. Regardless of quality, you also know DNA will turn up, lol.
Exactly, loads of URL battlers have shown up here and put on good performances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
At the same time, Shotty chose to make a card full of URL battlers when there seemed no need to do so
Nobody asked for Twork vs Bobby Rex (especially when it's known that Twork isnt exactly the most reliable person outside of URL)
Shox has plenty of potential matchups, why Chef Trez who has never been outside the country
Soul vs Madflex sounds better to me than Mike P ever did

Since Youtube isnt their main source of income, they didn't need to get them for the views. And if they did need the views, just book Ars or DNA vs Bobby Rex.
Yeah I'm not disputing that, that's why I was never that interested in this card. Twork vs Rex was always a terrible match-up.

I'm just saying when I see people group URL battlers together as if they are all one person I'm a bit like

Quote:
Old 08-21-2019, 10:31 AM   #14
Emancee

Quote:
The amount of last minute cancellations and no-shows in battle rap is ridiculous, I've never come across this kind of thing in any other scene I've been a part of. I wasn't excited for this card but I feel bad for the fans that were, this would really suck if you got a ticket for this event (It cost 60 quid).
For real. I was in the breaking scene back in the days and we only had one cancellation problem and even then, he sorted out a replacement within a week and one guy who dislocated his shoulder and STILL competed in a freaking sling so as to not disappoint his fans!!!

But, of course, the breaking scene is cool with you re-using classic sets that you did years ago if you run out of moves, so writing three rounds specifically for your opponent is different, but then again so is the financial element: most breaking crews don't win anything unless they place top 4.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:37 AM   #15
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
Nobody asked for Twork vs Bobby Rex (especially when it's known that Twork isnt exactly the most reliable person outside of URL) .
Yeah that confused me too. Twork is really unreliable and you put him against a no-name who last battled on GZ and got bagged. Hardly surprising it wasn't that high on his priorities list.

That said, the fact that both JC and Tay Roc are claiming money problems does definitely suggest there might have been miscommunications somewhere. Especially considering Premier is a spin off from a league known for its poor handling of talent

Last edited by Emancee; 08-21-2019 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:18 AM   #16
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Some cunts gettin' egged

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:55 PM   #17
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
fuck tay roc , fuck twork , fuck chef trez , fuck mike p , fuck jc

Fuck all these battlers that treat these trips as a quick lick and dont give a fuck that fans time and time again spend money to come see them and time and time again it's either cancelled , no showed or getting half arsed performance. Not sure i can be arsed to keep getting tickets for these events when less than half the cards end up happening
Old 08-21-2019, 09:56 PM   #18
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
There’s definitely some racial over- and undertones in some of the stuff on twitter etc. Some comments saying dont book black rappers etc.

Hopefully that noise dies down very quickly. Not sure why racist folk like battle rap at all really
Shadowposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:43 AM   #19
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Unanymous vs. Bobby Rex and Raptor vs. Red Flag were announced today as new additions to the card.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:02 AM   #20
Tom HAAANHKS
The steel I rise

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tom HAAANHKS is not the worst person
Very weak especially considering how far out the battles were booked.
Tom HAAANHKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:56 AM   #21
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Why would you sign an exclusive contract with a league for battle rap? They own you. this isn't music and it's not even close lol. Dumb.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:25 AM   #22
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Unanymous vs. Bobby Rex .
Could this possibly be this forum's worst possible battle? And that is coming from an occasional fan of Unan
Old 08-22-2019, 06:31 AM   #23
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokab206 View Post
Why would you sign an exclusive contract with a league for battle rap? They own you. this isn't music and it's not even close lol. Dumb.
Because 30k every year, that's why.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:47 AM   #24
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokesStankDaddy Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokes
Lux vs Shotty on KOTD thx.
StankDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 01:09 PM   #25
iamHBY

Premier just announced that JC vs. Tony D is officially no longer happening. JC apparently hasn’t responded to the league in over a month, and Tony said he was only returning to exclusively battle JC.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:33 AM   #26
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Quote:
Because 30k every year, that's why.
Still not worth it. Depends how much money people make I guess.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:43 AM   #27
iamHBY

So Raptor vs. Red Flag and Chilla Jones vs. Major Concerns got added to this card as well.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:01 AM   #28
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Chilla Jones vs. Major Concerns got added to this card as well.
Haha! I was just on the Premier Battles forum pointing out to the dumbass fans that the saviour of their card IS a URL Battler after they were all like fuck all URL cats.

Last edited by Emancee; 08-23-2019 at 06:17 AM.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:49 AM   #29
Emancee

O Solo vs. Deems just added to the card too.

Honestly I am in the doesn't like Deems' style camp, but in the UK this could be hilarious if the crowd fux with it.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:49 AM   #30
Emancee

Apparently the event is now powered by 'Tay Roc's dick' too...
Old 08-24-2019, 11:31 AM   #31
Dusted123

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dusted123 is not the worst person
Quote:
one guy who dislocated his shoulder and STILL competed in a freaking sling so as to not disappoint his fans!!!

Dusted123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:19 PM   #32
Emancee

Btw. The official excuses are out:

Roc: wanted more money and didn't like that instead of getting 50 percent upfront he was getting 25. Despite signing the contract.

Twork: caught a case so he couldnt fly out. He is the only one to apologize and promise to do the battle in the future.

JC: hasn't really said shit but it's known he wanted 50 percent up front not 25 as a result of how he got fucked over at BOTB UK

Mike p: apparently had personal issues.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:31 PM   #33
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
I think the not booking of black "url" battles are something that out of US places need to consider.
Especially if it's not one of the ones known to travel previously. Too many people still having passport issues which I don't get
THere's only a few URL battlers that I would really push to get. And allot of the mid tier dudes making demands would get blocked

Why does battle rap bother sign contracts and have managers and pretend to be a business when people refuse to uphold any business type standards. People be breaking contracts with no response

CRB - Rap Battle - Mz BlackPearl vs Houdini Diamond
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1dnPHKLL8k&t

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:27 AM   #34
iamHBY

Also, I don't know who SnubNose Media is, but this was quite entertaining.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:14 AM   #35
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
Roc comes across as a fucking moron tbh.
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 06:28 AM   #36
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
I think the not booking of black "url" battles are something that out of US places need to consider.
Think carefully... Is that really the argument that you want to make?
Old 08-25-2019, 03:21 PM   #37
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 418 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
lol that dude is ALWAYS off base

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. geechi gotti
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 04:42 PM   #38
Dusted123

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dusted123 is not the worst person
Quote:
Mike p: apparently had personal issues.
People have been dragging Mike P because he has another battle a week later that he didn't cancel but I'm pretty sure its iBattle so I dunno. He might have a reason for not wanting to leave the country but a local battle isn't a big deal
Dusted123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 01:31 AM   #39
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Yeah

I bet most of the URL battlers will overcharge the UK leagues as they are less respected. As well booking them you always gotta think of stuff like passport and travel issues.

Its risky to book the ones that you dont really see traveling. And you have to wonder if its worth the risk

Id book the guanrantees but Id be wary on taking risks on people\

CRB - Rap Battle - Mz BlackPearl vs Houdini Diamond
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1dnPHKLL8k&t

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags