Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Who Is Okwerdz Mad At?

Old 09-03-2019, 01:48 AM   #1
Tecnik

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tecnik is not the worst person
Who Is Okwerdz Mad At?

Saw that Avo retweeted this. Any idea who Ok is presently not happy with?

Sidenote: Pat Stay called him out in response to the tweet so that's promising.
Tecnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:51 AM   #2
Emancee

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecnik View Post
Sidenote: Pat Stay called him out in response to the tweet so that's promising.
Pat would body Ok off the planet. Definitely not the guy to come back from a hiatus and battle.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:56 AM   #3
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Saw that Avo retweeted this. Any idea who Ok is presently not happy with?
He's mad with Avo for the way the battle was edited. Ok made a call-out in the Saurus/ Caustic battle, but it was edited out.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Old 09-03-2019, 02:08 AM   #4
griminey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
griminey is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
He's mad with Avo for the way the battle was edited. Ok made a call-out in the Saurus/ Caustic battle, but it was edited out.
Who'd he call out? Just watched the battle and saw him but didn't catch a thing, must have been edited well.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
griminey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 02:35 AM   #5
iamHBY

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
He called out Clips in the intro.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 02:41 AM   #6
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 02:43 AM   #7
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Pat Stay v Okwerdz would be amazing, just let it happen
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:45 AM   #8
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Okweezy lost a lot of weight!

But on battle shit, I don't think Pat's a good idea for a comeback battle. I could be wrong.
TheGodOfPez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:47 AM   #9
Tecnik

Pat will absolutely cook him. Clips will do the same. Should just stay retired tbh.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:28 AM   #10
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'd like to see Ok start back up in the GZ division or come back as part of a two on two tourney. That being said, it would likely be best if he creates his own story arc. I wonder why his callout was removed.

A comeback vs Bangz, @Uza, Excel, or Machete Trevy could be a good look.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:28 AM   #11
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:
Pat will absolutely cook him.
this is why i wanna see it
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:31 AM   #12
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Some serious promo would be helpful
Old 09-03-2019, 06:47 AM   #13
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
I'd like to see Ok start back up in the GZ division or come back as part of a two on two tourney. That being said, it would likely be best if he creates his own story arc. I wonder why his callout was removed.
According to Avo, who posted about it on Twitter, it was edited out by the editor who didn't think it was connected to the battle and (rightly) erased it. Apparently Avo wanted it kept it and offered to give the footage to Okwerdz to host on his own channel.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:10 AM   #14
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
According to Avo, who posted about it on Twitter, it was edited out by the editor who didn't think it was connected to the battle and (rightly) erased it. Apparently Avo wanted it kept it and offered to give the footage to Okwerdz to host on his own channel.
Thanks for letting me know. I saw Ok deleted the tweet in OP
Old 09-03-2019, 07:45 AM   #15
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
okwerdz would die vs either , no one asking for an okwerdz battle in 2019
Old 09-03-2019, 08:07 AM   #16
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
okwerdz would die vs either , no one asking for an okwerdz battle in 2019
After his freak out on Twitter. I'd like to see him battle. It's good promo, but can he keep it up - pause. This is the world we live in now, thanks Cas.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:48 PM   #17
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
Yeah nobody trying to see an Okwerds battle nowadays. Obviously he's had years to evolve and update his style but he was always one of the weaker lyricists back in the day, in my opinion at least, and I can only imagine it would sound even worse now. I'm not sure he's a big enough name that it would justify putting him inna high profile enough match for it to be worthwhile regardless of that ala Cassidy either. Don't see the upside for anyone that isn't already an Okwerds fan. Leave it where it is on this one I think.
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:35 PM   #18
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
He called out Clips in the intro.

Him and Dirtbag Dans careers have a lot in common (read: they both trash) so that makes some sense.

I'd also be okay with a Charron battle.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:43 PM   #19
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I wondered this as well
crazy shit is how if you asked me yesterday if I would want the return I would've said sure but just dat quick he goes straight bitch mode

I mean straight hoe; people start replying puzzled and genuinely inquisitive as to what he is talking about and he won't let em ask like
"its cool I got the message" smfh

and yes I'll still watch w/e battle comes but shades of diva days
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:05 AM   #20
Stolos

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Stolos is not the worst person
Lets be honest whose really asking for an Okwerdz battle in 2019 besides TalkBack nerds

If Im Pat Stay or Charlie Clips or any other top tier and a league owner calls me with this match up Im hanging up and retiring

It would be cool for like the first battle on a 2nd day of a Cali event but thats about it tbh
Stolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:15 AM   #21
Tecnik

Does the footage/bootleg of it exist anywhere or is this in the same suitcase as the WRC tapes and the earth shattering Kap Kallous debut battle?
Old 09-04-2019, 05:18 AM   #22
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Does the footage/bootleg of it exist anywhere or is this in the same suitcase as the WRC tapes and the earth shattering Kap Kallous debut battle?
Quest and Marv are keeping it safe
Old 09-04-2019, 07:19 AM   #23
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolos View Post
If Im Pat Stay or Charlie Clips or any other top tier and a league owner calls me with this match up Im hanging up and retiring
Pat Stay called OK out. They have unsettled beef (Although honestly I've forgotten what it was about) since way back.

But yeah, Pat only called him out because he knows he would bury him at this time. OK would be wise not to accept.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:31 AM   #24
Dusted123

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dusted123 is not the worst person
Quote:
Pat Stay called OK out. They have unsettled beef (Although honestly I've forgotten what it was about) since way back.

But yeah, Pat only called him out because he knows he would bury him at this time. OK would be wise not to accept.
Because Pat Stay had that "Caddy Ron freebase you" line to Jones then a few months ago Pat Stay complimented Ok on twitter and Okwerdz told him he thinks he's dope but doesn't fuck with him as a person

Thats what I've heard its over at least
Dusted123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:37 PM   #25
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 418 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
i would like to see ok come back but not because i think hed be good

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. geechi gotti
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:13 AM   #26
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Getting to the point we are watching some battlers literally battle 100 times, and some others 30-50 times over the past half decade or so. So personally I would't mind one of the OG'S getting back in the mix, that hasn't been active lately

I can see a problem OK is going to have from the fans though no matter what he does. If he sticks to his guns and takes his usual approach, ala breaking his opponent down with a few sprinkled haymakers, he will get a backlash for not adjusting to the times. If he starts to add in some schemes/ double entendres, he will get called out for being out of character and trying too hard to fit in. I'd like to see him do well, but expect a negative backlash for the most part tbh

I think the Clips battle is a bad look though. Clips doesn't really take himself that serious, so taking an overly personal approach on him, probably won't have much of an impact. Clips has the Bernard Hopkins factor, meaning even if you beat him, it's hard to look great in the process. Pat is kind of similar in that regard, but not as much. He would still be a pretty big underdog, but the potential of that battle turning out better is is higher imo.
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:30 PM   #27
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post
Getting to the point we are watching some battlers literally battle 100 times, and some others 30-50 times over the past half decade or so. So personally I would't mind one of the OG'S getting back in the mix, that hasn't been active lately

I can see a problem OK is going to have from the fans though no matter what he does. If he sticks to his guns and takes his usual approach, ala breaking his opponent down with a few sprinkled haymakers, he will get a backlash for not adjusting to the times. If he starts to add in some schemes/ double entendres, he will get called out for being out of character and trying too hard to fit in. I'd like to see him do well, but expect a negative backlash for the most part tbh

I think the Clips battle is a bad look though. Clips doesn't really take himself that serious, so taking an overly personal approach on him, probably won't have much of an impact. Clips has the Bernard Hopkins factor, meaning even if you beat him, it's hard to look great in the process. Pat is kind of similar in that regard, but not as much. He would still be a pretty big underdog, but the potential of that battle turning out better is is higher imo.
Excellent analysis; I agree with it all
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:13 PM   #28
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 426 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I like any old school comeback ... even if they only cook for a few bars its so entertaining

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is offline   Reply With Quote