View Poll Results: Was Mook right to swing on Brizz
yes 6 50.00%
no 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2019, 11:17 AM   #1
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Was Mook right to swing?

I want to give him a pass, but I'm not sure I would be inclined if he wasn't a legend. That said, I think Brizz asked for it. Or is this all promo? What do ya'll think?
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:28 AM   #2
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
having reviewed the footage i cant blame him too much brizz was acting pretty erratically leading up to it , if you wanna do the whole bumping shit do it in your round.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:39 AM   #3
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Right? I wouldn't say all dat but I have no problem saying Brizz was doing WAAAY TOO MUCH
all that slithering in between them when they was rappin and all that was fuck shit and hella unnecessary

I seen where brizz claimed to have grabbed Mook because he was trying to stay on his feet after a bump, and that Mook swung because he thought the grab was a precursor to Brizz swinging,
but all that just reverts right back to him doing way too much
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #4
Emancee

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Ruined an event. Likely got URL banned from another venue.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:49 AM   #5
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 388 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Brizz was doing too much. The mom stuff alone would have just been controversial, the bumping would have just been annoying, the creeping around like a shark while mook and cal rapped would have just been weird

But combine all that shit together and it’s just too much
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:03 PM   #6
iamHBY

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Mook needs a proper therapist.

iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:04 PM   #7
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Ruined an event. Likely got URL banned from another venue.
I believe thatd make it the 3rd venue that URLs banned from in NYC.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:19 PM   #8
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Mook needs a proper therapist.

http://youtu.be/ZQebj_T7XpI
What's he say here that makes you said that? I don't have time to watch the vid today
Old 09-10-2019, 12:50 PM   #9
god level

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
there's enough to justify it atm. honestly should've resumed right after.

so i mean fuck it
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:49 PM   #10
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mook did initially respond by questioning if Brizz was from Delaware

Old 09-10-2019, 03:56 PM   #11
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Brizz deleted his Twitter
Old 09-10-2019, 05:56 PM   #12
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Voted yes. Brizz was being way too extra - he earned that punch.
Shadowposter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:23 PM   #13
Tecnik

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tecnik is not the worst person
Mook was absolutely in the right to swing. When the cameras turn off these fools are still men, and people need to start respecting that instead of trying to make people look like assholes with more than their words when they perform. I know that all these battle rap dudes like to think of themselves as John Rambo, but sometimes they need a bit of reality check and sometimes that comes in the form of getting punched in the mouth.

This is why I always felt like Fight Klub had the best arrangement for their battles, with them being separated by a pool table length and having fouls in place. It's never sat right with me that people can touch their opponents, pocket check, talk through rounds, etc, etc and there is NO repercussions to it (aside from Organik or Smack being like chill chill... which I'm sure has people just shaking in their boots). I would not object to MORE of these dudes getting punched in the face so that maybe they can stop portraying this super gangster act unless that's who they really are. Battle rap needs more authenticity, and the world as a whole needs more people getting punched in the face for getting out of pocket. I fux with it 1000%

Anyway, Brizz is a herb. He probably had it coming to begin with. Fact he calls himself Brizz Rawsteen is more than enough in my book to justify him getting duffed. As Nems would say, fuck his life.
Tecnik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:09 PM   #14
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
What's he say here that makes you said that? I don't have time to watch the vid today
Basically I thought that not only because of how Mook is very much still in the grieving stage of loss with his mom passing away, he also seems to still be harboring a lot of anger and frustration at people still thinking that hes not that tough after years of stories about what happened between him and Math.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:06 PM   #15
iamHBY

Brizz finally resurfaced to give his take on what happened.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:08 PM   #16
Sky2real

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
I’ll just say this. Mook was wayyyyyy more physical with Aye verb and Iron Solomon. I wonder what people would be saying if either of them swung.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:32 PM   #17
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Antarctica
we can debate the ethics of touching someone when YOU are rapping
but being this super exxxxxxxxxxtra and physical when THE OTHER PERSON is rapping is somewhat still taboo

I mean Math Serius pt 1 occurred from this on the lowest of keys and the result was the same
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:23 AM   #18
Water Mage

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
Before the punch:He act hard
After the punch: He a track star
Water Mage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:14 AM   #19
Tecnik

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tecnik is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
we can debate the ethics of touching someone when YOU are rapping
but being this super exxxxxxxxxxtra and physical when THE OTHER PERSON is rapping is somewhat still taboo

I mean Math Serius pt 1 occurred from this on the lowest of keys and the result was the same
Math vs. Serius pt 1 actually happened in Fight Klub and the footage is unreleased. Apparently Serius cooked him. I suspect that it ate Math up for years and years which played a large part in Math being in his feelings that night to where he hooked off. There's actually a really good chance that Math was considering punching Serius prior to that evening, and that moment just made his mind up on the topic. Coincidentally I think this is exactly what happened when Math got punched by Diz. When you're like 49/51 on punching someone in the face and they do something to make you look even slightly silly shit tends to go 100/0 shortly after.
Tecnik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:09 AM   #20
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky2real View Post
Ill just say this. Mook was wayyyyyy more physical with Aye verb and Iron Solomon. I wonder what people would be saying if either of them swung.
Right.
Mook turned the crowd against Solomon with racist shit, called him Zimmermann, poured the skittles, and then just left when Solomon still had a round to go.
And he touched Verb more during one battle than I touch my girlfriend in a day. They had a scuffle, but Verb didn't swing.
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:19 AM   #21
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
smfh at anyone who thinks this punch was justified
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:01 PM   #22
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
Right.
Mook turned the crowd against Solomon with racist shit, called him Zimmermann, poured the skittles, and then just left when Solomon still had a round to go.
And he touched Verb more during one battle than I touch my girlfriend in a day. They had a scuffle, but Verb didn't swing.
Brizz could be like it I did it for Iron. Same way Diz be like I did it for Jones
Old 10-02-2019, 04:54 PM   #23
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
People defending it only because it's Mook. Unless man is pushing you and turning it physical in form of threat you shouldn't. This aint street battling. Yall are paid professionals.

Leagues need to say shutting down events like that have financial repurcussions

CRB - Rap Battle - Mz BlackPearl vs Houdini Diamond
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1dnPHKLL8k&t

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:15 PM   #24
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 418 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
i would say it's the right move if there wasnt so much money on the line

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. geechi gotti
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags