Old 09-02-2019, 02:11 AM   #81
Wtchr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
Dirtbag Dan vs The Coroner

Dirtbag Dan vs The Coroner
Oct 29, 2008
57, 891 views

Lush starts a little shaky with his intro but he announces that its the very first battle of the first GTWC event.

Dirtbag gets some direction to scoot closer from the cameraman before he starts.

Dirtbag Dan is kinda looking like bearded Aesop Rock in this.

Dirtbag gets a round of applause after the first round and then Lush shouts out Worldstar.

Never heard of The Coroner. They both sound a little like they're freestyling.
The Coroner gets a bit of applause too... it sounds weird but maybe the crowd doesn't know what to do.

Dirtbag Dan says his full name in a mexican accent and its the funniest part of the battle.

The Coroner is kinda rambling through his second and third and he's too quiet at times in his 3rd. Does he appear again in a battle?
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:22 AM   #82
Wtchr

Subverse vs F.L.O.

Subverse vs F.L.O.
Nov 8, 2008
48, 355 views

Never heard of Subverse but he's repping Detroit MI.

Both dudes are 29 years old.

F.L.O. says weird stuff but he's pretty funny and he's good at building steam where he starts quiet and gets louder with harder lines.

Subverse isn't bad. He faces away from the camera a lot, which is okay, since he did a bit about "showing FLO's chick his O-face" and he's doing this air-hump move that I don't really need to see in all its detail.

Subverse said something like "You have bad nutrition cause your nose looks like a mogul run" wha?

One of the judges refered to each round as a battle.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:34 AM   #83
Wtchr

V-Money vs Childs

V-Money vs Childs
Nov 11, 2008

Back to Florida. Battle is in Miami. Not looking forward to V-Money.

Myspace models next to Drect. It seems more awkward than sexy or whatever to have them there.

V-Money has a serious expression the whole time he's shouting things like "this faggot has a swollen colon because his ass gets smashed so much he gets his pelvis broken" or something along those lines. Yugh.

Childs is repping NY. A lot of gun bars, not too bad.

V-Money sounds like Aspire is his lodestar.

Childs has prison rape bars in both of his first two rounds. Oh, he started his third round with prison rape too... ok.

It sounded like the cameraman or someone next to him predicted one of V-Money's lines.

Childs said V-Money is a snitch with more wires than robocop. Probably his best line. His gun lines all kind of run together.

After Childs won he does a freestyle verse straight at the camera for the last minute of the video.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:50 AM   #84
Wtchr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Wow your story about battling is almost exactly the same as my own, like same year getting into it and same year getting out of it. I'm even Canadian

And yah battle started to get a lot less fun to watch. Glad ur doing this thread I think it's a cool idea.
In my mind 2011-2013 were the best years but I feel like Loe Pesci vs Daylyt was the exact moment where my enthusiasm dropped. A lot of my interest rose and fell with steps KOTD, rather than GT or other leagues, took, since I followed KOTD the closest then. For example, when the gun rappers became more dominant overall I remember KOTD relying more on Yung Casper and Tycoon Tax to represent that style and the results were pretty weak.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Grind Time's fall was a big loss though. Were rappers like Dirt, or Stareater, seen again after GTN disappeared?
Old 09-02-2019, 02:55 AM   #85
Wtchr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Over the last 3 years (perhaps a bit longer) battle rap has trended more PC in some respects. I'm curious if you'll notice things going in that direction when you get to the end of grindtimes catoloug
Hey, I'll watch for this. If the change is three years old then maybe I'll catch it at the end of GTN. Obviously right now I'm still in 2008 and years away from any such shift, so before then I'll still have tons of race jokes to enjoy and plenty of detailed descriptions of what the other rapper does with men.
Old 09-02-2019, 03:48 AM   #86
Emancee

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtchr View Post
In my mind 2011-2013 were the best years but I feel like Loe Pesci vs Daylyt was the exact moment where my enthusiasm dropped.
I totally agree with this. Personally, I kinda blame Daylyt for it to some extent, he showed everyone how little effort you actually need to win and how lame 90% of rap was.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but Grind Time's fall was a big loss though. Were rappers like Dirt, or Stareater, seen again after GTN disappeared?
Stareater disappeared off the planet, but a lot of that was for reasons not associated with battle rap. I think he knew he would get roasted for it and (wisely?) stayed away.

Dirt became the king of Ibattle for a while before disappearing. Before retiring he was one of the last people Bender (RIP) bodied. Although legend has it that if you strain your ears, you can still hear Dirt rhyming multis to 'black and white' even to this day.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...

Last edited by Emancee; 09-02-2019 at 03:52 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:14 PM   #87
Water Mage

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
Quote:
I feel like Loe Pesci vs Daylyt was the exact moment where my enthusiasm dropped.
lol yea ballgate left a pretty bad taste in everyone's mouth lol

Quote:
In my mind 2011-2013 were the best years
I really like KOTD's 2008-2009 years partially because that was the year i got into battling and also because I actually enjoy the cringe-factor in battling. I like shorter battles too. Pit style is best for me.

I guess I am just nostalgic because 2010 was an awesome year for me and I remember being really excited about The Saurus battling Hollohan (The saurus is my favorite of all time and at the time I hated Hollohan, love him in retrospect)

I also remember being excited for Pat Stay vs Hollohan in 2010 and have good memories watching that

2011 I remember being so excited for Blackout 2, for me, this was the best card KOTD had ever produced. I just remember being so hyped for this event and loved the PPV.

By 2013 I had already felt kinda Jaded. Vendetta was the last KOTD event that I was hyped for and unlike most people, I consider it to be a smashing success.

I am not good at keeping tabs on grind time rappers, but I believe Dirt had a battle with Bender after the fall of grind time..
Water Mage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 05:07 PM   #88
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
I remember having a bunch of big name west coast battle rappers over at my place in 2009 watching a KOTD battle for the first time and HFK was in it. We were like, this league is good but they aren't superior to us and GT. Well...look how the tides have turned. GT died and those dudes in the battles went on to become elite. I think this was outside at the basketball park too.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 02:47 AM   #89
Uza
VIP

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Uza is not the worst person
Keep it goin
Uza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:13 AM   #90
Wtchr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
I totally agree with this. Personally, I kinda blame Daylyt for it to some extent, he showed everyone how little effort you actually need to win and how lame 90% of rap was.
I don't remember the sequence of Daylyt's battle ruining antics. I loved his battle vs Rich Dolarz but I remember it wasn't long after that that he would either perform well, or have weak material and pull a not-funny or not entertaining stunt to cop out.

Loe Pesci beat Daylyt in the battle but Daylyt's stunt took Loe out for good. Every one of Loe's battles now has comments about how Loe should have swung on Daylyt. Was that a realistic option? At the start of a battle at a major event?

I thought it was irresponsible for the hosts to not intervene and for KOTD to keep that in the video. To me it showed that they were willing to undermine battle rap and throw away a career they had invested in of one of the only Canadian's still battling at big events at that time for the sake of maybe having a video go viral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Stareater disappeared off the planet, but a lot of that was for reasons not associated with battle rap. I think he knew he would get roasted for it and (wisely?) stayed away.

Dirt became the king of Ibattle for a while before disappearing. Before retiring he was one of the last people Bender (RIP) bodied. Although legend has it that if you strain your ears, you can still hear Dirt rhyming multis to 'black and white' even to this day.
I dunno what happened with Stareater but him and Dirt were just a couple of guys I picked off the top of my head. There must be a ton of, at least B-Level, battlers who disappeared when their regional GT office closed.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:19 AM   #91
Wtchr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
I guess I am just nostalgic because 2010 was an awesome year for me and I remember being really excited about The Saurus battling Hollohan (The saurus is my favorite of all time and at the time I hated Hollohan, love him in retrospect)

I also remember being excited for Pat Stay vs Hollohan in 2010 and have good memories watching that

2011 I remember being so excited for Blackout 2, for me, this was the best card KOTD had ever produced. I just remember being so hyped for this event and loved the PPV.

By 2013 I had already felt kinda Jaded. Vendetta was the last KOTD event that I was hyped for and unlike most people, I consider it to be a smashing success.

I am not good at keeping tabs on grind time rappers, but I believe Dirt had a battle with Bender after the fall of grind time..
Vendetta was the last big exciting event for me too and I loved how it turned out with Cannibus! I love watching his rounds and seeing him say the weirdest shit and that Christian 818 guy just loving every second of it.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:50 PM   #92
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
Dope thread, some crazy nostalgia going on here. Shout outs the breakdowns/recaps of the old battles. 5 stars n alla that.
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:02 PM   #93
Wtchr

Scott Free vs Philly Swain

Scott Free vs Philly Swain
Nov 16, 2008
117, 255 views

Scott Free does a generic NY style where they start rapping away with a super-aggressive style.

Philly Swain has his own street style and he's clearly winning. His lines are just better even though he called Scott Free Eminem, he ended that bit by saying "I'll kill your whole crew, him, him and him" which was a good rhyme on 'Eminem'.

Mad Illz hosting, its a battle in NY. Was Juce out at this time?

Philly starts to flow in the next verse and he does a Wayne impression as part of it, he sounded a little more like Young Thug but it was good enough.

Jaze Juce appears as a judge.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:03 PM   #94
Wtchr

Yellow Rat Bassterd vs Soul Khan

Yellow Rat Bassterd vs Soul Khan
Nov 16, 2008
138, 283 views

Soul Khan's first GT battle against Yellow Rat Bassterd, who I've never heard of. Does he appear again?

Yellow Rat Bassterd started his first round by saying that there was a Jew wanted for killing, the suspect looks like Jack Shitt from the Toronto division" shout out KOTD and Jack Shitt in 2008!

Yellow Rat does a lot of anti-jew bars about how the Nazis were great. Says Khan looks like Carl from the Simpsons.

I don't know what Soul Khan was doing before this but he immediately has better presence, vocal projection, and overall control over his performance.

Yellow Rat is a Mosh Jelton clone. By the end of his 2nd round he's overplayed the nazi references. He struggles through his 3rd. SK seems to struggle through his 3rd a little but he held it together way better than YRB did.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:41 AM   #95
Wtchr

Mic Phenom vs Sole Provider

Mic Phenom vs Sole Provider
Nov 19. 2008

Hmmm, from the GTNW division. Not sure I remember much about that. I remember a Midwest division, a South division, an Upstate NY division and a DMV division. That's in addition to the FL, WC and NY divisions.

Illmac is hosting.

Don't know either battler.

Neither battler showed their age, when they do that I assume they're either almost, or over, 30. Maybe they just didn't say their age and GTN just went ahead with the intro cards they use cause its a template.

There's a person in the crowd who is positioned to appear on screen under Mic Phenom's chin who looks like they're peaking on shrooms or acid or something.

Mic Phenom pretty early on references the 1996 movie Multiplicity. He should have had another end to his line other than a reference to a box office poison movie no one liked and wouldnt have seen since it came out. There's tons of cool stuff to reference, how can Multiplicity be what you land on when you're writing your bars?

These two are pretty good for the style of just rapping away until their time is up.

Mic Phenom says he's going to hit Sole with some KKK shit.

Sole provider said something I didn't catch about letting Shyne out, and I don't get it but it got the biggest reaction of anything either dude said in the battle.

OT round. Sole Provider's dominating in this round, way more animated and agressive.

Illmac's not a bad host. Soul Provider won.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:00 AM   #96
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 568 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
This thread makes me feel wild old. It’s pretty great tho
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:37 PM   #97
Wtchr

Ill-Logic vs Haze

Ill-Logic vs Haze
Nov 19, 2008

Low viewed battle. Haze battled Knowledge Medina in a battle I lost my notes for.

Ill-Logic I know battled before... I think at least.

Ill-Logic has a weird, slow, style. In his first round he has two lines where he corrected himself, and its a weird approach because it sounds like he's just thinking out loud. "this dude came from Philidelphia, I mean Philly - he's acting kind of silly." was a line.

Haze is also slow, he's just got better lines than Ill-Logic. "After this exchange you might wanna change your name to shit-for-brains"

Ill-Logic almost fell over at the start of his 2nd and he then said he was drunk. He said Haze had a bladder infection and a lot of his lines didn't make sense. Haze is getting a lot of laughs.

Ill-Logic put out his hand for props when Haze called his mom a hooker.

Ill-Logic starts shouting in his 3rd round. Mad Illz looks like he's hating this whole battle.

At the end Mad Illz said that they're strict about their rules and have to give it to Haze because Ill-Logic had three fouls? What is he talking about?
Old 09-06-2019, 03:35 AM   #98
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
At the end Mad Illz said that they're strict about their rules and have to give it to Haze because Ill-Logic had three fouls? What is he talking about?
There used to be fouls for touching someone too much.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Old 09-06-2019, 11:27 PM   #99
Wtchr

Ubserd vs Jonny Storm

Ubserd vs Jonny Storm
Nov 20, 2008

Another Miami battle. Drect lets the models introduce themselves and the myspace address they display on the screen is different from the address the model says.

Ubserd is a lot better here but there's not much else to say about his performance. Jonny Storm is destroying Ubserd in his first round but he's making fun of a weird tooth Ubserd supposedly has that you can't see on camera.
Jonny Storm is calling Ubserd fat a whole lot too and Ubserd is another rapper who's not in great shape but he's not really fat. It's too bad Jonny Storm didn't make fun of Ubwserd for looking like the "Hey now, your an all star" singer.

I was expecting Jonny Storm to dominate but it was honestly pretty close and Storm should lose some points for doing "he's so fat" lines against someone who isnt fat.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:33 PM   #100
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
this is really cool man
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:14 AM   #101
Wtchr

Young Nate vs 9DM

Young Nate vs 9DM
Nov 20, 2008
21, 706 views

Another North-West Portland battle with Illmac hosting.

9DM's strength is smoking blunts.

Young Nate shouted out 'money gang' to start his first round and this group right behind Illmac starts shouting. One of them super-hyped up all of Young Nate's lines.

Nate's hypeman starts booing 9DM and saying things like "I heard that before" as soon as 9DM starts. Also Nate predicted the 'bortion' part of 9DM's first punch that ended with 'abortion'

9DM ended his 1st round with an abortion line, same as how he started.

Illmac spends 9DM's second second round trying to get Nate and his crew to shut up. Then Illmac puts on his bandana for Nate's third round.

Nate does a long thing about some event where Illmac was that doesn't go anywhere.

Nate starts doing the handwriting gesture during 9DMs third.

Oh and OT round.

Nate says "I stay close to my DJ like Roseanne" shout out 90s sitcoms.

9DM seems to have a crew with him too to hype him but they're off screen so its less annoying.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:28 AM   #102
Wtchr

Ill-Logic vs Surgeon General

Ill-Logic vs Surgeon General
Nov 21, 2008

Florida battle at the Scratch DJ Acadamy.

One of the two models from the Miami battles is keeping time.

Ill-Logic isn't great but he's more polished than in his last battle.

Surgeon General isn't bad for what's happening here and if he's freestyling then he's definitely doing better than Revanon and Phrases, he doesn't have their long pauses. He said that LOgic looks like a jar of pickles. He's funny enough to be entertaining when he's in the zone.

Logic is struggling with freestyles in his third. He ends by saying "I'm sorry I bit your rhymes Mosh, I didn't mean to"

Surgeon's special skill seems to be freestyling about things in the room.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:41 AM   #103
Wtchr

Young Fresh Bastard vs B.C.

Young Fresh Bastard vs B.C.
Nov 23, 2008
6, 269 views

FL Battle, Drect hosted

Never heard of either rapper. It's impromptu which is fine if it ends up being good. If its not good though then it kind of means that Grind Time is going for quantity over quality at this stage.

B.C. starts by rhyming "cock and ball whore/cock and ball more/cock and ball store" - it's not looking good so far.

BC wrapped up his gay jokes round and Young Fresh Bastard is rappin away with his gangsta mixtape verses.

BC shouts out ATM (was he active then?) and called out Unorthodox Phrases

BC said "I wanna flip his shit but he aint sayin' nothing" probably the only decent line in the battle.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:44 AM   #104
Tecnik

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tecnik is not the worst person
Quote:
Nate says "I stay close to my DJ like Roseanne" shout out 90s sitcoms.
Now that's a Roseanne Barr.
Tecnik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:33 AM   #105
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@Wtchr Who are the division presidents? (is that what they are called?)

and how many divisions are there?

Frest Coast - Lush one
NW region - Illmac
GT East - Poison Pen
Upstate NY - ??
Florida - MAd Illz/ Drect
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:37 AM   #106
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
yeah they were presidents, there was midwest which was sonny bamboo, dont forget DEM HICK MODELS

shout out the best unused line of mine to paperworks for GTMW "this old faggots lame im honestly surprsed he dont have a cane, he call the midwest president sonny and prob doesnnt even know thats his name" im the man

gt BEAST COAST WELCOME TO THE BATTLE SCENE was pen and PH I believe (RIP rob) and i prob sara kana. Florida was madd illz and drect early on and them KAP MAN LEGENDARY RAP MAN aka RESPECT THESE MCS OR ILL REPLACE YA GRANDMAS DENTURES WITH AIDS-FILLED GARLIC CLOVES!!

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:39 AM   #107
irvsykeg

irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
i swear there was another one too

alaska or some shit

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
Old 09-08-2019, 04:26 PM   #108
Wtchr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
@Wtchr Who are the division presidents? (is that what they are called?)

and how many divisions are there?

Frest Coast - Lush one
NW region - Illmac
GT East - Poison Pen
Upstate NY - ??
Florida - MAd Illz/ Drect
I'm approaching the end of 2008 and at that time it looks like your list is accurate except that at that time the GT East division prez was Jaze Juce.

I don't think there was an Upstate division yet.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:26 PM   #109
Wtchr

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
i swear there was another one too

alaska or some shit
I think there might have been a short-lived Arizona division.

Were you Irvsykeg in Grind Time battles?
Old 09-09-2019, 02:59 AM   #110
Wtchr

Dizaster vs The Saurus

Dizaster vs The Saurus
Nov 23, 2008

Dizaster's first GT apperance. Released on the same day as Young Fresh Bastard vs B.C., the trash impromptu battle from a Florida event.

This is the highest viewed GT battle I've watched so far. It's also probably the only one I've watched before, besides Lush vs Phrases.

Mad Illz is hosting.

Where The Saurus first said "two times of a lot of different shit"?!

Mad Illz shouts out Ron Artest and the NBA players who are watching. Did he get some feedback from somewhere that they're watching?

Dizaster blanks out pretty early but he comes back.

Dizaster's content isnt really great, its really like, Mosh Jelton type stuff, but he spits it louder and faster so he gets more of it out into a round.

The Saurus has a lot of race stuff. Dizaster says "that's a lot of racial shit!" during the round. Besides that The Saurus went over his battle CV.

Dizaster going crazy during the second. I'm not catching a whole lot of it but it sounds impressive!

The Saurus is going over some of the same angles in his second: being from the mideast, living with rich parents (is this true?).

Dizaster's doing some Greek stuff, a decent Eminem reference/imitation. There's a ton of rhymes and sometimes the end off where they get a reaction that I'm sure is just for the sheer endurance and quantity of rhymes but it's not a great punch. He goes on and on with a bunch of rhymes about school and other stuff and it ends up "your a sexual predator!"

With that being said, I don't know how this seemed in 2008 but The Saurus isn't exactly at his peak but maybe that's part of coming out of the freestyle era. He's more varied with his content in later battles.

Mad Illz talked about USA vs Canada at Niagra Falls and a Grind TIme reality Show after the battle (Lush One shouted out Cheddah Cheese)
Old 09-09-2019, 11:35 AM   #111
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Don't forget Grindtime North (Minnesota)

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:04 PM   #112
Tecnik

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tecnik is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
this old faggots lame im honestly surprsed he dont have a cane, he call the midwest president sonny and prob doesnnt even know thats his name

Fire.
Tecnik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:59 PM   #113
irvsykeg

yeah i always thought it was hysterical nahmean

Quote:
Were you Irvsykeg in Grind Time battles?
nah i battled as eleagle i was one of the early pioneers of the heavy multi-syllabic style if ima be honest

pete vs diz still pisses me off. they had "fouls" back then which did apparently nothing. this was the first and last battle i ever bet on. i was trying to organize betting using my pokerstars acct as escrow/bookie. i bet $50 on pete to beat him down basically and he somehow still loses when diz chokes and gets like 2 fouls or something lmao

pete that cock swallowing novelist

Old 09-10-2019, 01:07 AM   #114
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:
I think there might have been a short-lived Arizona division.?
I believe that was the one which hosted Konshis Pilot v Ace Boogie (fiiiire)
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:50 AM   #115
Wtchr

Knowledge Medina vs Jonny Storm

Knowledge Medina vs Jonny Storm
Nov 25, 2008

Drect says that the winner of the battle gets the first spot in the upcoming reality show.

Medina says Jonny Storm started 9/11

Medina's pretty good. Definitely a standout from FL at this point.

Jonny Storm did two flips off Medina's terrorist bars. Even if Medina's a standout, Storm is dominating him here.

"This battle's a wrap, like his mama's fajitas." Good one, Storm!

Medina goes on the 'what race is he? is he middle eastern or is he mexican?" angle against Storm for all three rounds.

Pretty clear win for Storm but there's an OT Round.

Didn't show the judge reactions after the first three rounds, only for after the OT.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:50 AM   #116
Wtchr

Chaz Kangas vs Tommy Quigz

Nov 27, 2008

A NY battle hosted by Mad Illz. Someone in the distance is shouting something.

Never heard of Chaz Kangas but he's from Minnesota. Did he end up in that Grind Time North division?

The foul count appears at 1 a few bars into Chaz's first and it doesn't look like there was any contact between the rappers. Are fouls really from touching?

Honestly Chaz, for a guy I've never heard of, is kinda good. Like he's pretty polished in his delivery and his style is better than a lot of the battlers at this stage. He's not amazing but he woulda been a frontrunner in No Coast.

Tommy Quigz is better than in his last battle but he said that there's never been a good rapper from Minnesota. Was Rhymesayers not around in 2008?

Quigz called Chaz the guy on the Operation game box, and Chaz does have the same hair as that guy.

OT round.

When Chaz won the coin toss he said "I'm going second please" and Mad Illz said
"This ain't Jeopardy"

Quigz starts stumbling and repeating himself in his OT.

Chaz does like 4 rat/mouse bars in his OT. He's losing it and compensates by getting louder.

The judges hated the OT. Chaz won.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:44 AM   #117
Emancee

Quote:
The foul count appears at 1 a few bars into Chaz's first and it doesn't look like there was any contact between the rappers. Are fouls really from touching?
The previous battle, yes. Not seen this battle, but talking during the other person's round, contact, trying to distract them and a whole bunch of things that were only occasionally reinforced also counted.

Edit: seems like whatever he got the foul for happened off-screen.

Last edited by Emancee; 09-11-2019 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:28 AM   #118
irvsykeg

Quote:
Dirtbag Dan says his full name in a mexican accent and its the funniest part of the battle.
my fav line never used about dan being a white trash mexican or w/e

wearin ufc hats like ur some kinda name cats should fear, but the only similarity is tank abbots beard and same lame ass career, dan's a white trash esse, so he gets confused when a spray can is near, doesn't know whether to huff the paint or tag "dan was here!" dan ur about as mexican as a pizza oven, if someone shouted out LA MIGRES COMIN! and all your peeps were runnin, you'd just stand there like, "what? is that shit spanish for leave or somethin?"

dont think coroner ever returned. i swear he siad some shit like "and i might just straight up spit some shit u might not like" which killed me and awk

Old 09-11-2019, 06:11 PM   #119
Uza
VIP

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Uza is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
I believe that was the one which hosted Konshis Pilot v Ace Boogie (fiiiire)
Yeah and Rum Nitty actually battled on there as Nitty way back when.
Uza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:01 AM   #120
iamHBY

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Nov 27, 2008

A NY battle hosted by Mad Illz. Someone in the distance is shouting something.

Never heard of Chaz Kangas but he's from Minnesota. Did he end up in that Grind Time North division?

Honestly Chaz, for a guy I've never heard of, is kinda good. Like he's pretty polished in his delivery and his style is better than a lot of the battlers at this stage. He's not amazing but he woulda been a frontrunner in No Coast.

Tommy Quigz is better than in his last battle but he said that there's never been a good rapper from Minnesota. Was Rhymesayers not around in 2008?

Quigz called Chaz the guy on the Operation game box, and Chaz does have the same hair as that guy.

OT round.

When Chaz won the coin toss he said "I'm going second please" and Mad Illz said
"This ain't Jeopardy"

Quigz starts stumbling and repeating himself in his OT.

Chaz does like 4 rat/mouse bars in his OT. He's losing it and compensates by getting louder.

The judges hated the OT. Chaz won.
According to VerseTracker, this was his only written battle apparently, I think he's done a bunch of other freestyle battles, but I mostly know him from writing, being a radio DJ in Minnesota and for being NYU roommates with Donald Glover.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
8217, bars